Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! (77726 Views)

Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: / Help'any Update On How Unlocking Iphone 4 Ios 5.1.1,modem Firmware 04.12.01 / Apple Is Due To Release "Ios 6" What Are Your Expectations? Lets Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 10, 2011
Limaoscar:

@Poster/Anybody,

Just bought an IPAD-2 and a first time user (64 GIG, wifi + 3G) and have been struggling to download i-tunes since yesterday using my home wireless connection even though I have not installed a sim yet. I have managed to download some free Bibles and some videos but , got stuck waiting for my wife to help me out (She is our domestic IT Engineer) cheesy grin

Now to your warning, I plan to look out for the APP called CYDIA but how how do I know if my system is factory un-locked or jail-broken, or whatever ,

Only one software version(4.3.3) of ipad2 can be jailbroken. Anyother version u see on d ipad2,3G (ie 4.3.4,.435) don't bother, just enjoy it the way apple wants u to till d jailbreak comes out anytime from next week.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2011
soft-touch:

@ Tumababa:
I have seen some factory unlock 3Gs on baseband 6.15.00!!!
It is all a mistake, All the user involve never knew it was factory unlocked, so they downloaded hactivated Custom Firmware while migrating from iOS 3.1.3 to 4.1
As you know, hactivated custom firmware requires ultrasnow, With poor knowledge about unlocking iPhone, they got the baseband flashed with 6.15.00 so as to use ultrasnow to unlock, a very terrible mistake
so my iphone is the same now as a locked one?
Any way out pls?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by playahP(m): 11:50pm On Oct 10, 2011
tired as hell rn
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by ogbongzky(m): 11:52pm On Oct 10, 2011
Thanks for the info bro,  I am safe since have not jailbroken my iPad. Cant wait for the new features, especially the iCloud

If you are interested in how I created my US iTunes account right here in Nigeria without a credit card, read: http://www.ogbongeblog.com/2011/10/itunes4naija-get-itunes-gift-cards-and.html
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 12:32am On Oct 11, 2011
^^^^ itunes is now available for naija
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by richkids1(m): 5:45am On Oct 11, 2011
Thanks fpr this man. I don't even need to jailbreak anymore since I have upgraded to the latest iOS software, NEW IPHONE 5 lol smiley
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by pkv(m): 6:21am On Oct 11, 2011
richkids1:

Thanks fpr this man. I don't even need to jailbreak anymore since I have upgraded to the latest iOS software, NEW IPHONE 5 lol smiley
mine is iphöne 6.lol
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 11, 2011
playah P:

my facetime contact is\\

CHATWITHPAUL91@YAHOO.COM

mine is my number +2348053250698.
If u use an iphone4,ipad2,and itouch4g with internet, and u are not using ur facetime , u are really missing d key feature of these devices. Also, if u cant activate ur facetime in naija, something is wrong with the iphone.

FYI, u can also get facetime to work on iphone 3gs but can only use d rear camera.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 7:58am On Oct 11, 2011
pkv:

mine is iphöne 6.lol
lol
No mind the guy,
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by akinlade11: 8:06am On Oct 11, 2011
Timababa good morning sir,how do i go about jailbreaking my ipad2 wifi only?tanx.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 8:53am On Oct 11, 2011
Check the firmware version of your iPad 2. If the version is 4.3.3 follow this guide https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-125097.2336.html#msg9084969 if not, you need to wait.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 11, 2011
sun_temi:

Check the firmware version of your iPad 2. If the version is 4.3.3 follow this guide https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-125097.2336.html#msg9084969 if not, you need to wait.
bros where u go since? how far with that downgrade from 435 to 433?, any magic performed?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 9:03am On Oct 11, 2011
Na Ogbomosho I go o. I'm back though. The Internet was very bad there so I ended up not finishing the PROJECT lol. But I've been busy ever since I'm back so no time to finish the PROJECT. Abi shey no be project?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 11, 2011
na real project grin grin
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 11, 2011
iphone 4,16gig,black,FACTORY UNLOCKED,neatly used(just like new). going for 87K. the iphone is on 4.3.3 and not yet jailbroken. Call 08053250698 if interested. CAN BE UPGRADED FREELY TO IOS 5.0
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 11, 2011
another challenge people might face on IOS 5 is activating d imessage. it seems to activate d same way as facetime. if u dont activate officially or get push notifications, u might not be able to use imessage. Another reason to wait till a full jailbreak comes out and also wait till most apps av been upgraded to be compatible with ios5
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 11:35am On Oct 11, 2011
tumababa:

another challenge people might face on IOS 5[b] is activating d imessage. it seems to activate d same way as facetime. if u dont activate officially or get push notifications, u might not be able to use imessage.[/b] Another reason to wait till a full jailbreak comes out and also wait till most apps av been upgraded to be compatible with ios5

Apple and their restrictions. Well, there will always be a workaround because iMessage will be the reason many will want to upgrade to iOS 5 or even think of getting an iDevice.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 11, 2011
sun_temi:

Apple and their restrictions. Well, there will always be a workaround because iMessage will be the reason many will want to upgrade to iOS 5 or even think of getting an iDevice.
sure grin grin
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Kave(m): 3:26pm On Oct 11, 2011
tumababa, you can help me on this, i have an iphone 4 , jailbroken. But i tried downloading stuffs from Cydia and one thing led to the other and CYDIA disappeared BECAME INVISIBLE. what do i do?, and i also have this isafe it Safe Mode on top of the phone, can you help me out on this?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2011
Kave:

tumababa, you can help me on this, i have an iphone 4 , jailbroken. But i tried downloading stuffs from Cydia and one thing led to the other and CYDIA disappeared BECAME INVISIBLE. what do i do?, and i also have this isafe it Safe Mode on top of the phone, can you help me out on this?

if u av safemode, just click on d safe mode and restart. if it doesnt work, go to search page, type cydia, launch it and remove the last app u installed. before u search for cydia, make sure r spotlight search is on for all apps. If all that doesnt work u will av to restore. If u av a full jailbreak, most likely u are on 4.3.3, If u av ur shsh, u can restore back to 433, if u dont, u might need to bring the phone. If u can get the cydia app, u av no problem.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Kave(m): 5:06pm On Oct 11, 2011
Tumababa, i have previously done all you asked to be done, cydia still is hidden, yes am trying to restore just that 600 plus megabite is just too strong to be pulled down so easily with my connection, and what is shsh,, yes its 4.3.3., Then , okay i would have to call you be that.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2011
New Facebook app for iPhone/iPad is sooooo cool.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2011
iTunes 5 is out!!!! Get ready for ios5 grin grin
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 11, 2011
Downloading directly from my iphone4.

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 11, 2011
I bought a new iPhone 4 (unlocked) and iPad 2 last week from an apple store here in the states,, am having problem setting up my apple account,cos the site keeps rejecting my card details.(GTB master card) For this reason, I can not buy / download most of the apps I wanna use.
Pls, is there a way around this? Or I just have to wait till I can get access to my other cards,then try and see if it's details will be accepted.
2. Guess I don't have to worry about the upgrade,, both stuffs were unlock,, straight from apple store.

Thanks
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 12, 2011
Linex:

I bought a new iPhone 4 (unlocked) and iPad 2 last week from an apple store here in the states,, am having problem setting up my apple account,cos the site keeps rejecting my card details.(GTB master card) For this reason, I can not buy / download most of the apps I wanna use.
Pls, is there a way around this? Or I just have to wait till I can get access to my other cards,then try and see if it's details will be accepted.
2. Guess I don't have to worry about the upgrade,, both stuffs were unlock,, straight from apple store.

Thanks

if u want to use ur gtb master card, u av to choose d region where d gtb card was issued. eg, if u opened d gtb mastercard in nigeria, u used a nigerian address, then u av to choose nigeria as d country. with this method ur gtb card will be accepted. FYI, nigeria is now accepted in appstore
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 12, 2011
Linex:

Thanks

SURE. u can upgrade them as early as this night(nigerian time). grin grin

i will be expecting d ios 5 update around 6pm nigeria time
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 12, 2011
got this online. just liked it and wanted to share while we wait for ios5.

The New York Times:

Android phones seem to come out every Tuesday at 3:45 p.m. Apple updates iOS and the iPhone only once a year. So Apple had a lot of catching up to do, even some leapfrogging. There are some rough spots here and there; for example, every now and then the 4S’s camera app gets stuck on its startup screen. And while the battery still gets you through one full day, standby time is shorter than before (200 hours versus 300). But over all, Apple has done an excellent job.

The question isn’t what’s in a name — it’s what’s in a phone. And the answer is: “A lot of amazing technology. And some of it feels like magic.”

To sum it all up, it seems that Siri is the biggest update to come with the announcement of the iPhone 4S and rightfully so! Siri is incredible and really displays why Apple is on the cutting edge with the products they deliver. I’m speechless after seeing how well Siri worked with different voice types and what tasks it was able to perform. I’m even[b] tempted to make the switch[/b] after watching recent videos of Siri in use! And that’s coming from an "Android fanboy."

iPhone 4S Siri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq-UTP9YU_Q&feature=player_embedded
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by otumfour(m): 11:01am On Oct 12, 2011
tumaba! how can one tell if his/her iphone 4 is factory unlocked or not? it ain't using a gevey sim and there's no cydia app on it, it was unlocked in the UK before coming in.

thanx
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 12:08pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^^ If it has no cydia and doesn't use Gevey sim, then It's factory Unlocked
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by zenus(m): 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2011
I think siri can work with iPhone 4 if updated to iOS 5.
I love the way siri works
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by malikalhaj: 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2011
zenus:

I think siri can work with iPhone 4 if updated to iOS 5.
I love the way siri works
wishful thinking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

2GO Users: Drop Your 2go Problems Here And Get It Solved / MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime / Complete Nokia Secret Codes, Tips And Tricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.