Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! (77757 Views)

Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: / Help'any Update On How Unlocking Iphone 4 Ios 5.1.1,modem Firmware 04.12.01 / Apple Is Due To Release "Ios 6" What Are Your Expectations? Lets Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by ziccoit: 8:59am On Oct 30, 2011
Siri, the iphone4 selling point, ported to iphone4, connected to server and fully functional now. Some dudes even think its faster on 4 than 4s.
Let's see what will become of 4s price.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 9:09am On Oct 30, 2011
The dev team cant make siri commercially availible cos apple will sue their live. They will not try it.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 10:40am On Oct 30, 2011
Can't wait to have it on my iPhone 4.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 30, 2011
That's y apple will never support jailbreak. The required files to make Siri communicate with apple server was hidden inside d 4S. Immediately they jailbroke 4S, dey got the file and d rest is history. I believe if FaceTime can be ported into 3GS (for a fee),Making call/sending text can be ported to d ipad1(also for a fee), Siri will be ported to iPhone/iPod 4(most likely for a fee).

Only time will tell.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 30, 2011
Running SIRI GUI on my iphone4. Waiting for the apple server activation part.

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 9:10pm On Oct 30, 2011
nice one bro.  cheesy cheesy
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 11:15am On Oct 31, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

The dev team cant make siri commercially availible cos apple will sue their live. They will not try it.

But I don't think so.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by softtouch2(m): 4:40pm On Oct 31, 2011
Vlingo on iTune Store can do the same thing and it is free, only little difference from Siri. I know Apple will soon remove it from iTune Store, but it worth giving it a try.
Vlingo is even available for most mobile devices, she too depend on the internet connection to type back your voice to text.

A stand-alone apps like this will be the best, i.e working without internet.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 10:11pm On Oct 31, 2011
soft-touch:

Vlingo on iTune Store can do the same thing and it is free, only little difference from Siri. I know Apple will soon remove it from iTune Store, but it worth giving it a try.
Vlingo is even available for most mobile devices, she too depend on the internet connection to type back your voice to text.

A stand-alone apps like this will be the best, i.e working without internet.

nope,
I have vlingo and from the youtube vids of siri i have seen, i can tell u bro it is not nearly as smart as siri. Apple will not remove it from the app store cos its not a threat to siri at all.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 01, 2011
I downloaded vlingo today and deleted after twenty minutes.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 8:23am On Nov 01, 2011
Same here. It hardly got a single sentence right.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 9:23am On Nov 01, 2011
^^^ that's too bad
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by gattang202(m): 3:29pm On Nov 04, 2011
Hello Everybody,

I have an Ipad1 running on ios version 3.2.2 can anyone help to jailbreak it, I want untethered jailbreak for my device to be able to maximize d potential,

Anyone, that can help should contact me via (gattang202@yahoo.com), or sms me on 08098223314

Thanks guys
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2011
gattang202:

Hello Everybody,

I have an Ipad1 running on ios version 3.2.2 can anyone help to jailbreak it, I want untethered jailbreak for my device to be able to maximize d potential,

Anyone, that can help should contact me via (gattang202@yahoo.com), or sms me on 08098223314

Thanks guys

Since you want untethered jailbreak, you can just use limera1n to jailbreak the iPad.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by gattang202(m): 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2011
@Sun_Temi,

I already downloaded Limera1n, installed it on my device and it installed Cydia on my Ipad but could not get the Cydia up as it was not showing the Cydia logo except the Cydia icon(white box),

What do i do from here?

Please help, u can inbox me your number
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2011
08065656796 that's it.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 06, 2011
Finally back to Lagos. the external battery packs for iphone4/4S will b available this week.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 10:57am On Nov 06, 2011
^^^ where u go?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 06, 2011
Village.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 12:19pm On Nov 06, 2011
Tumababa how far with the battery pack for 3gs?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 06, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

Tumababa how far with the battery pack for 3gs?
They dont av. The other site I checked collected my money and never sent the good after 1month.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2011
Ehya. So how do i get it? I really need it abeg
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Yemming(m): 6:02am On Nov 07, 2011
hello guys, i dont know why i cant connect to itunes store on my computer, it is always gives me error (-9808), please guys what can i do to resolve this issue,

thanks
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by n3rve(m): 8:24am On Nov 07, 2011
Try re-installing iTunes, preferably the latest version (10.5).
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by n3rve(m): 8:25am On Nov 07, 2011
[+] http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2753
[+] http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1424

Might have to do with your time/date settings and/or certificates too.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 9:14am On Nov 07, 2011
This ios 5 untethered jailbreak has taken too long abeg!!
7 nov still no show.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2011
Apple has gotten a beta way to deal with jailbreakers. while trying to untether an ios, Apple starts to seed a beta version to developers which means d hackers will be forced to hold on to what they got untill d new version is released. when d new one comes out, d hackers starts to test what they av to see if apple has blocked it, while working on that, apple brings another version grin grin grin. now ios 5.0.1 is already been tested by developers, it wont make sense to release any exploit now cos it will obviously be blocked by apple in 5.0.1. i guess the hackers now make more money from apple than from users. few weeks ago, one of d hackers showed a youtube video of ipad2/iphone 4s jailbreak, Apple sees it, pays dem off, the hackers tell users dey are still working on it while apple blocks it with a firmware update.
Its dat simple. Im sure new guys will soon come up with something before apple bribes dem again.
grin cry grin cry
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 6:22pm On Nov 08, 2011
Toh let them continue. All i know is that if by january there is still no untethered ios 5, na andriod levels. I don tire.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by softtouch2(m): 6:30pm On Nov 08, 2011
tumababa:

Apple has gotten a beta way to deal with jailbreakers. while trying to untether an ios, Apple starts to seed a beta version to developers which means d hackers will be forced to hold on to what they got untill d new version is released. when d new one comes out, d hackers starts to test what they av to see if apple has blocked it, while working on that, apple brings another version  grin grin grin. now ios 5.0.1 is already been tested by developers, it wont make sense to release any exploit now cos it will obviously be blocked by apple in 5.0.1. i guess the hackers now make more money from apple than from users. few weeks ago, one of d hackers showed a youtube video of ipad2/iphone 4s jailbreak, Apple sees it, pays dem off, the hackers tell users dey are still working on it while apple blocks it with a firmware update.
Its dat simple. Im sure new guys will soon come up with something before apple bribes dem again.
grin cry grin cry
I'm not surprised at all, everyone now want to be on Apple's payroll for exploit.
What Apple is fighting now is for any wiz-kid to useless the A5-chip with a boot-rom Exploit, hardware structure on A5-chip is the future of Apple for now, since Steve is no more.
I just told a friend today to keep all his old ipsw files (iOS 3.x.x to 4.3.3) very well, because Apple may start forcing file-hosting site to remove them.
War on Jailbreaking is what the new management of Apple have sworn to win, and they are ready to go the way Steve Jobs wont go. Steve has always see jailbreak as fun for techno-kids.
We will see who wins grin grin
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 08, 2011
soft-touch:

I'm not surprised at all, everyone now want to be on Apple's payroll for exploit.
What Apple is fighting now is for any wiz-kid to useless the A5-chip with a boot-rom Exploit, hardware structure on A5-chip is the future of Apple for now, since Steve is no more.
I just told a friend today to keep all his old ipsw files (iOS 3.x.x to 4.3.3) very well, because Apple may start forcing file-hosting site to remove them.
War on Jailbreaking is what the new management of Apple have sworn to win, and they are ready to go the way Steve Jobs wont go. Steve has always see jailbreak as fun for techno-kids.
We will see who wins grin grin

Exactly. Tgts y I'm still on my 433 n not ready to upgrade. I can't use my iPhone without a jailbreak.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 08, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

Toh let them continue. All i know is that if by january there is still no untethered ios 5, na andriod levels. I don tire.
I see to moving to android in january.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply)

2GO Users: Drop Your 2go Problems Here And Get It Solved / MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime / Complete Nokia Secret Codes, Tips And Tricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.