Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara (33777 Views)

Emami Presents Fake Ologbotsere Insignias To Olu Of Warri / Tinuade Babalola Not Allowed To Have Boyfriend; Must Be Celibate In Her Reign / Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by lawani: 1:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ologbo147:
a migration that happened before 1897, that’s far before the independence of Nigeria. The people would probably see the land as their own now. The migrations that would happen now in Benin would be one whereby one is conscious of their community because of the state of Origin and local government of origin consciousness in Nigeria today.

Even though you stay 30 years in Benin, you have a consciousness that you are not from Benin because of the state of origin, there are Hausas that have been here since the 1990s and late 1980s, they still visit their land intermittently with the consciousness of where they came from.

I gave two other suggestions which were ignored by you, of one whereby actual Bini people according to their history migrated to those areas,

And lastly the one of the trade party, you cannot really tell the one whose language is intelligible to Bini and the one that is not because you are not an Edo. It is for Edolites to go there and actually check if their dialects is intelligible to a great deal. There are actual Binis in Ondo state and it is not news. This is what Hans melzian has to say as it pertains to Binis in Ondo state

Wherever you are is your own. Yoruba working in Benin city belong to Benin a d whatever they ask them to do is what they will do. That is how it has always been. A full city is always an advantage for the city. Osamuyi, Ogunmuyi, Famuyi are all Yoruba names. Osamuyi means the deity brings honor and no Yoruba will agree with you that it is not a Yoruba name
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by lawani: 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ologbo147:
what about Oche and Oye. Please post any excerpts which buttresses your point that what you just thought of three minutes ago has been established by linguists.

If at all Oga matches Ogie what about Ojie and Ovie, or do you think the Bini Ogie is the standard of king in the Edoid.

How does Oga matches Ovie. How then does Oga match Ojie how then Does Oga match Oche or Oye. But when you pit Oye and Oche side by side with Ovie and Ojie. You see corelation among Niger -Benue Congo group of languages which has a common origin

Oye does not match Oche like Ogie matches Oga almost exactly. Oye in Yoruba means chieftaincy title which is not as high ranking as boss or king. OGA does not match Ovie and I also don't know the tonation of Ogie but I suspect it will match Oga but the two groups did not copy from each other. The words are primordial to the two languages. Even the Yoruba word Sanmo is similar to So in Ogiso a word that means King from the skies etc etc.
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Ologbo147: 1:54pm On Aug 02, 2023
lawani:

Oye does not match Oche like Ogie matches Oga almost exactly. Oye in Yoruba means chieftaincy title which is not as high ranking as boss or king. OGA does not match Ovie and I also don't know the tonation of Ogie but I suspect it will match Oga but the two groups did not copy from each other. The words are primordial to the two languages. Even the Yoruba word Sanmo is similar to So in Ogiso a word that means King from the skies etc etc.
, the combined population of Esan together with Urhobo is more than Bini. And these three words(Ogie/OvieOjie) are all cognates of King or a ranking chief of his people. It has the same meaning as Oye, it also has the same meaning as Oche. And it totally matches with Oye and Oche. You cannot just pick that of the Bini which you earlier in argued is a small fraction of the Edoid and compare with a non related Oga. It is laughable, what will then happen to Ovie/Ojie that are cognates of Ogie. What will now happen to Oche and Oye that seem to align in essence and in meaning.

When you say Oga as a word, it is most likely a two person relationship, not like Oche/Oye/Ogie/Ovie/Ojie which when bestowed with the title, one is usually in charge of a community or a people. I am yet to see your linguistic backing

Your observation is definitely not in line with reality

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Ologbo147: 1:57pm On Aug 02, 2023
lawani:

Iso and Sanmo is not similar by any stretch, stop making mockery of yourself and what you stand for

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Ologbo147: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2023
lawani:

Wherever you are is your own. Yoruba working in Benin city belong to Benin a d whatever they ask them to do is what they will do. That is how it has always been. A full city is always an advantage for the city. Osamuyi, Ogunmuyi, Famuyi are all Yoruba names. Osamuyi means the deity brings honor and no Yoruba will agree with you that it is not a Yoruba name
they do not belong to Benin city, they are only residents here, there is no indigenous Yoruba in Benin city

What about Odion, What about Uwoghiren, what about Ehioghiren and so on and so forth. Besides this is what Bradbury has to say about Binis in Ondo state

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by lawani: 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ologbo147:
they do not belong to Benin city, they are only residents here, there is no indigenous Yoruba in Benin city

What about Odion, What about Uwoghiren, what about Ehioghiren and so on and so forth. Besides this is what Bradbury has to say about Binis in Ondo state

If they don't belong then they are revenue sources for Benin and are making money there. They are more important to Benin than Benin abroad. Would you want all strangers to leave Benin and then you go back to square one?
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by lawani: 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ologbo147:
Iso and Sanmo is not similar by any stretch, stop making mockery of yourself and what you stand for

The first syllables are similar. You must be foolish to say I am mocking myself for saying So is similar to Sanma.
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by lawani: 2:44pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ologbo147:
, the combined population of Esan together with Urhobo is more than Bini. And these three words(Ogie/OvieOjie) are all cognates of King or a ranking chief of his people. It has the same meaning as Oye, it also has the same meaning as Oche. And it totally matches with Oye and Oche. You cannot just pick that of the Bini which you earlier in argued is a small fraction of the Edoid and compare with a non related Oga. It is laughable, what will then happen to Ovie/Ojie that are cognates of Ogie. What will now happen to Oche and Oye that seem to align in essence and in meaning.

When you say Oga as a word, it is most likely a two person relationship, not like Oche/Oye/Ogie/Ovie/Ojie which when bestowed with the title, one is usually in charge of a community or a people. I am yet to see your linguistic backing

Your observation is definitely not in line with reality

I have told you the real meaning of Oga, it means boss. Oga olopa is police boss. Oga tiisa can mean Principal and etc etc. All I know is that Ogie and Oga sound the same and how Ogie and Ovie came to be different is for you to go and research. How did Benin people came nt to be able to pronounce J and they are calling Deji of Akure the Udezi of Akure?. They are calling Bajulaiye meaning the King is supreme on Earth Bazulaiye which has no meaning?. You can go and research all those too. Language formation is very dynamic and it is not simple mathematics as you seem to think
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by lawani: 2:48pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ologbo147:

I am an Ijesa person with origin from Ijero. I will never claim Ijero. I am bonafide Ijesa. No indigene of any Ondo town will say they are Benin people. They can have origin from there though
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Ologbo147: 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2023
lawani:

I am an Ijesa person with origin from Ijero. I will never claim Ijero. I am bonafide Ijesa. No indigene of any Ondo town will say they are Benin people. They can have origin from there though
I have dealt enough with this argument, I have given you enough link and enough materials, I am not delving into this subject matter anymore

1 Like

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Ologbo147: 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2023
lawani:

I have told you the real meaning of Oga, it means boss. Oga olopa is police boss. Oga tiisa can mean Principal and etc etc. All I know is that Ogie and Oga sound the same and how Ogie and Ovie came to be different is for you to go and research. How did Benin people came nt to be able to pronounce J and they are calling Deji of Akure the Udezi of Akure?. They are calling Bajulaiye meaning the King is supreme on Earth Bazulaiye which has no meaning?. You can go and research all those too. Language formation is very dynamic and it is not simple mathematics as you seem to think
the same with this topic, we are not the one spectating, let them judge

1 Like

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Ologbo147: 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2023
lawani:

The first syllables are similar. You must be foolish to say I am mocking myself for saying So is similar to Sanma.
so is not the first syllables, the Benin word for Sky is ISO not so. ISO and Sanmo or Sanma does not relate by any stretch of the word . Except you stay in mars or pluto

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Ologbo147: 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2023
lawani:

If they don't belong then they are revenue sources for Benin and are making money there. They are more important to Benin than Benin abroad. Would you want all strangers to leave Benin and then you go back to square one?
these are different povs, they contribute money to the city, quite alright, they are residents in the city, it is not their city, indigeneship and residency are two different things

How can you say they contribute money to Benin more than Binis abroad. When25%of the Total international remittance that came to Nigeria last year came to Edo state and Benin city, two times bigger than the remittance that came to Lagos state, most Yorubas in Benin city are labourers and masons,bricklayers, how then do they contribute more to Benin than Bini’s abroad

https://www.nairaland.com/7484480/international-remittances-nigeria-state-household/12#119433439

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by lawani: 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ologbo147:
so is not the first syllables, the Benin word for Sky is ISO not so. ISO and Sanmo or Sanma does not relate by any stretch of the word . Except you stay in mars or pluto
Sanmo can as well be Isanma as well. Ife that we normally say is actually Fe and not Ife but Ife can be used as well but the right way to say it is actually Ile Fe and not Ile Ife. Fe means expand which you can ask anyone nearby you. Ifa too is actually Fa which means to scrape
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Ologbo147: 3:01pm On Aug 02, 2023
lawani:

Sanmo can as well be Isanma as well. Ife that we normally say is actually Fe and not Ife but Ife can be used as well but the right way to say it is actually Ile Fe and not Ile Ife. Fe means expand which you can ask anyone nearby you. Ifa too is actually Fa which means to scrape
my brother even Isanma and Iso do not look similar at all

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by lawani: 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ologbo147:
these are different povs, they contribute money to the city, quite alright, they are residents in the city, it is not their city, indigeneship and residency are two different things

How can you say they contribute money to Benin more than Binis abroad. When25%of the Total international remittance that came to Nigeria last year came to Edo state and Benin city, two times bigger than the remittance that came to Lagos state, most Yorubas in Benin city are labourers and masons,bricklayers, how then do they contribute more to Benin than Bini’s abroad

https://www.nairaland.com/7484480/international-remittances-nigeria-state-household/12#119433439

Remittance is a tiny amount of any economy. A man living in Benin and working there is spending millions every year in the Benin economy for food, rent, transport and etc, you can't compare that to somebody sending money from abroad periodically or in tiny bits
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Ologbo147: 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2023
lawani:

Remittance is a tiny amount of any economy. A man living in Benin and working there is spending millions every year in the Benin economy for food, rent, transport and etc, you can't compare that to somebody sending money from abroad periodically or in tiny bits
not somebody we are talking of hundreds of thousands of Binis

This is not small money, my brother, did you even check it, 25 % of 11 billion dollars. You know how much that is

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by lawani: 4:23pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ologbo147:
not somebody we are talking of hundreds of thousands of Binis

This is not small money, my brother, did you even check it, 25 % of 11 billion dollars. You know how much that is

People inside Benin are more important than anybody abroad. Also for over a year I have had no income and my sisters support me. I send Whatsapp message to one in the US, then the money will appear in my account. I am the beneficiary but where the dollar goes to I don't know but I am in Ilesa Osun state. Domiciliary accounts receiving dollars from abroad are more in Edo and they may be and are probably racketeers with government connection or they can be expatriates, Mallams and etc. The only way the data can be correct is if people are allowed to operate domiciliary accounts without restrictions. Otherwise it can never be correct though Edo will have more than Osun only because of higher population. Once again the people on your land are the people you have. If you check properly it may be a few big men with connections collecting most of the forex into a few accounts. The GDP of Edo of maybe 7 million people is not more than
18 billion dollars max.
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Ologbo147: 5:02pm On Aug 02, 2023
lawani:

People inside Benin are more important than anybody abroad. Also for over a year I have had no income and my sisters support me. I send Whatsapp message to one in the US, then the money will appear in my account. I am the beneficiary but where the dollar goes to I don't know but I am in Ilesa Osun state. Domiciliary accounts receiving dollars from abroad are more in Edo and they may be and are probably racketeers with government connection or they can be expatriates, Mallams and etc. The only way the data can be correct is if people are allowed to operate domiciliary accounts without restrictions. Otherwise it can never be correct though Edo will have more than Osun only because of higher population. Once again the people on your land are the people you have. If you check properly it may be a few big men with connections collecting most of the forex into a few accounts. The GDP of Edo of maybe 7 million people is not more than
18 billion dollars max.
You talked about those masons spending money on Bini land, working and spending money on Bini land.

There are hundreds of thousands of Binis outside the shores, and they have attendant families at home, you definitely do not know how the Binis are closely knitted with travel outside of the shores.

Almost every family in Benin has atleast one person outside the shores. By family, I mean family of five, family of four, in some cases where it is extended, an extended family of 25 might have as much as ten persons outside the shores.

Those money you see are sent to siblings who do not have jobs, are underemployed in other to continually carry themselves through and through all year round, and they in turn spend it on the Economy in Benin. They use it to buy food stuff, pay children school fees and so on.

That is why you can see a jobless man in Benin who intends to get married because he has backings of his siblings abroad.

There are many scenarios whereby a family of seven would have just one of their siblings in Nigeria. And the other six would be outside would be outside the shores. And they use these monies for thier everyday survival just as those masons and labourers use it, it is the same thing.

They don’t send to domiciliary account,they send to those Abokis at Erie at sakponba road, then their people go to Erie to collect it.

That is why you can see a Bini oldman in the suburb of Beninthat has not been paid pension for years, would have millions in his account courtesy of the children he has abroad

Majority of the houses built in Benin before 2014, the advent of yahoo, were built with proceeds from abroad

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by lawani: 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ologbo147:
You talked about those masons spending money on Bini land, working and spending money on Bini land.

There are hundreds of thousands of Binis outside the shores, and they have attendant families at home, you definitely do not know how the Binis are closely knitted with travel outside of the shores.

Almost every family in Benin has atleast one person outside the shores. By family, I mean family of five, family of four, in some cases where it is extended, an extended family of 25 might have as much as ten persons outside the shores.

Those money you see are sent to siblings who do not have jobs, are underemployed in other to continually carry themselves through and through all year round, and they in turn spend it on the Economy in Benin. They use it to buy food stuff, pay children school fees and so on.

That is why you can see a jobless man in Benin who intends to get married because he has backings of his siblings abroad.

There are many scenarios whereby a family of seven would have just one of their siblings in Nigeria. And the other six would be outside would be outside the shores. And they use these monies for thier everyday survival just as those masons and labourers use it, it is the same thing.

They don’t send to domiciliary account,they send to those Abokis at Erie at sakponba road, then their people go to Erie to collect it.

That is why you can see a Bini oldman in the suburb of Beninthat has not been paid pension for years, would have millions in his account courtesy of the children he has abroad

Everything is population and Benin alone are not more than Ijesa in population nor are they more travelled. The only thing they may have more are more people living on their land for now.
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Ologbo147: 5:08pm On Aug 02, 2023
lawani:

Everything is population and Benin alone are not more than Ijesa in population nor are they more travelled. The only thing they may have more are more people living on their land for now.
we are more than Ijesa in population and we are definitely more traveled, the Ijeshas are not more than Ekiti. The Ekitis would just be roughly the same size as the Binis

We are not talking about travel to Cotonou or Cameroon. We are taking about actual travel to Europe

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by lawani: 5:19pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ologbo147:
we are more than Ijesa in population and we are definitely more traveled, the Ijeshas are not more than Ekiti. The Ekitis would just be roughly the same size as the Binis

Mention the Benin equivalents of
Odeleye Fadahunsi
Lawrence Omole
Bola Ige
W F Kumuyi
Da Rocha
Sapara Williams
Kayode Esho
To mention only a few people. Ijesa for now are six local governments but other Ijesa lie outside those local governments. In Osogbo today, the only lands left are being sold by Ijesa indigenous land owners. Ijesa state if created will border Ede with Osogbo inside. Can a Benin state beat such a state?. Maybe. There are no data but if you are not more exposed or educated, or with more population, how then can you be more travelled?. Ijesa have been scattered over decades and a town like Ipetu Ijesa might have as many indigenes as Akure but now Akure is much bigger.
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Ologbo147: 6:23pm On Aug 02, 2023
lawani:

Odeleye Fadahunsi
Lawrence Omole
Bola Ige
W F Kumuyi
Da Rocha
Sapara Williams
Kayode Esho
To mention only a few people. Ijesa for now are six local governments but other Ijesa lie outside those local governments. In Osogbo today, the only lands left are being sold by Ijesa indigenous land owners. Ijesa state if created will border Ede with Osogbo inside. Can a Benin state beat such a state?. Maybe. There are no data but if you are not more exposed or educated, or with more population, how then can you be more travelled?. Ijesa have been scattered over decades and a town like Ipetu Ijesa might have as many indigenes as Akure but now Akure is much bigger.
you should not use the stats of some Bigman in Nigeria, sometimes having big people in a tribe is luck, we should not use big people in one area to judge, we should use all facet be it the music industry, movies, football, politics, finance, on every level that is how to calculate presence actually and I would lead by listing some of them

Football
Austin Eguavoen- past footballer and past coach of the Nigeria team
Osaze Odewingie- retired footballer
Victor Moses
Aghahowa

Ministry
Apostle Charles Osazuwa -Rock of Ages international
Benson Idahosa- who is bigger than him in Nigeria when over 70 percent of big pastors in Nigeria see him as a mentor, is it Ayo Oritsejafor, Oyedepo, Chris Oyakhilome, Johnson Suleiman, Duncan Williams in Ghana, and so on and so forth

Finance
Razaq bello Osagie- former Chairman of Uba, former chairman of etisalat and he has a net worth of 600 million dollars
Igbinedion-he has the first private university in Nigeria,Igbinedion university Okada,he opened the
First private Airline in Nigeria in 1983, the now defunct Okada Airlines. He owns a tv station, a hospital and several other ventures
Captain Hosa Okunbor- He owns the wells carton hotel in Abuja, and several other chains of businesses, he is said to be very rich even at Esama and Razaq’s level. He is into Oil and gas too. However his exact net worth is not known, his daughter got married to the Olu of Warri. The present one. He is also the one that Kayanmata girl talked about that he loaned Ned Nwoko billions of naira, and he fraudulently did not pay even after his death
Bob Izua Adun- He owns bob Izua motors and chains of other companies

There are many others that are not so known outside Nigeria, they are very wealthy and I would not mention them.

The entertainment industry
Rema- divine Ikubor
Johnny drille - John Ighodaro
OSAs Ighodaro- actress
Ik Osakioduwa- one of the biggest if not the biggest presenter at the moment
Linda Osifo- actress
Nosa Rex Okunzuwa -actor
Sir victor Uwaifo- musician
Jemima Osunde- Actress
Sandra Okunzuwa-Actress
Sam loco Efe(wmonkiyeke)-late comedy actor
Enado Odigie -Actress
Etinosa Idemudia - actress
Djinee - Osayawmen Donald
Cynthia Morgan - Musician
Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen- one of the biggest producers in Nigeria
Goya Amenor- musician.
Matilda Obaseki- the tinsel actress
Babatunde Okungbowa- Ojb jezreel
My casino- comedian
Owengee - comedian
Youngest landlord - comedian
Sarz on the beat- Osabuohien Osaretin- the big producer that produces for wizkid and other top musicians

Politics
Samuel Osaigbovo Ogbemudia- Brigadier General rtd
Odigie Oyegun- former chairman of Apc at the national level.
Past minister of health- Osagie Ehanire
Gaius Obaseki- the vice president of the then action group led by Awolowo

Tell me which minority tribe that has these stats

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Ologbo147: 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
lawani:

Odeleye Fadahunsi
Lawrence Omole
Bola Ige
W F Kumuyi
Da Rocha
Sapara Williams
Kayode Esho
local government has never been a yardstick for population, the Binis are situated on a landmass of about 8600 kilometers square, and they have seven local government however with some of their population in Ondo and Delta state.

Local government as a means to determine population is a dicey one, many a times, you have some local government that are 39 thousand, 67 thousand and then you have a Bini local government with 129 thousand voters not residents, voters and it is not even urban

How do you calculate exposure, Edo is always leading the stats in terms of jamb and Waec, what else do you need in terms of education and exposure, when you talk of education, exposure, and enlightenment, after Lagos and Abuja, the Binis are definitely the next

Benin is by far bigger than Ijesha and by far more travelled. There is no contest

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by lawani: 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ologbo147:
local government has never been a yardstick for population, the Binis are situated on a landmass of about 8600 kilometers square, and they have seven local government however with some of their population in Ondo and Delta state.

Local government as a means to determine population is a dicey one, many a times, you have some local government that are 39 thousand, 67 thousand and then you have a Bini local government with 129 thousand voters not residents, voters and it is not even urban

How do you calculate exposure, Edo is always leading the stats in terms of jamb and Waec, what else do you need in terms of education and exposure, when you talk of education, exposure, and enlightenment, after Lagos and Abuja, the Binis are definitely the next

Benin is by far bigger than Ijesha and by far more travelled. There is no contest

If you add all Edo together, it will surpass Ijesa by far because they are more than three times Ijesa population and they can only be compared to Oyo as a state but Benin alone is what I am comparing with Ijesa. Then a people with complex organisation and industries on their land inhabiting hundreds of cities are a nation and not a tribe. A tribe is low population and simple organisation. 100,000 people are not a tribe
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Ologbo147: 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
lawani:

If you add all Edo together, it will surpass Ijesa by far because they are more than three times Ijesa population and they can only be compared to Oyo as a state but Benin alone is what I am comparing with Ijesa. Then a people with complex organisation and industries on their land inhabiting hundreds of cities are a nation and not a tribe. A tribe is low population and simple organisation. 100,000 people are not a tribe
Those stats I gave you are Bini alone, everybody mentioned there is Bini.

The Binis are situated on a landmass of about 8653 kilometers square and has a population of over 3 million.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by lawani: 7:48pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ologbo147:
Those stats I gave you are Bini alone, everybody mentioned there is Bini.

The Binis are situated on a landmass of about 8653 kilometers square and has a population of over 3 million.

The maximum population of Edo will be around seven million and Benin can't be 3 million out of it as Esan will be more than Benin and there are still other groups
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Ologbo147: 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2023
lawani:

The maximum population of Edo will be around seven million and Benin can't be 3 million out of it as Esan will be more than Benin and there are still other groups
I would want to see the stats that says Esans are more than Bini, do you have any?
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by lawani: 8:51pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ologbo147:
I would want to see the stats that says Esans are more than Bini, do you have any?

From personal observation, as in everywhere I have been to, I seem to meet more Esan than Benin but actually it can go both ways. The population will be similar. I have one Benin in my class at the University but no Esan but I met Esans at the University. There was a Benin room mate during 100 level too but I guess I should have said they will have a similar population and Benin might be higher. I was just trying to point out that there are large Edoid groups comparable in population size to the Benin. The only group that maybe said to be decidedly larger should be Urhobo. For others there will be need for a census
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Ologbo147: 9:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
lawani:

From personal observation, as in everywhere I have been to, I seem to meet more Esan than Benin but actually it can go both ways. The population will be similar. I have one Benin in my class at the University but no Esan but I met Esans at the University. There was a Benin room mate during 100 level too but I guess I should have said they will have a similar population and Benin might be higher. I was just trying to point out that there are large Edoid groups comparable in population size to the Benin. The only group that maybe said to be decidedly larger should be Urhobo. For others there will be need for a census
That is not a fair take, the Binis ordinarily do not migrate out of our land, because we have a large city that is averagely compared to Any other city economically in Nigeria besides Lagos. If the Binis are leaving Bini, it certainly would be Europe, you definitely have not been to Europe.

Even in terms of study, 90 percent of Binis would not leave Uniben, AAu ekpoma, Auchi polytechnic, Benson Idahosa university and Igbinedion university all in Edo state to go study elsewhere, at a stretch it would be delta state university abraka.

Binis has grown considerably larger more than the Esan in the last seventy years, and it is obvious, there is a concentration of Bini population in Europe. We have around half a million Binis in Europe if not more

Also the power dynamics in the states suggest so, they believe we (the Binis) have the numbers to install anyone as governor and it seem so.

In politicking in the state, and because we have the majority, other regions come to the Binis to beg for vote, when it is the turn of the Binis to become governor, nothing stops it. Because of our numbers since 1999 the Binis have had two governors in twenty four. The two on a eight year term. Obaseki a Bini man would complete his second term next year.

But because of our population, some Binis are still jostling to become governor next year, which no other ethnic group can try in the state.

Out of the twenty four years, Esans had only clinched power once, and it was a rule of A year and half. A stolen mandate by Osubor. And they are serially begging for all the parties to field Esan candidates, because they know if a Bini candidates happens to emerge from any party, the Binis might aggressively vote for him.

The atmosphere in the state know Binis to be the majority, my brother we are presently above 45 %of Edo state, it might even be more notwithstanding the population of Binis outside

The population all over the world does not move at a constant, The Binis are 50-60 more numerous than Esans today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by lawani: 11:00pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ologbo147:
That is not a fair take, the Binis ordinarily do not migrate out of our land, because we have a large city that is averagely compared to Any other city economically in Nigeria besides Lagos. If the Binis are leaving Bini, it certainly would be Europe, you definitely have not been to Europe.

Even in terms of study, 90 percent of Binis would not leave Uniben, AAu ekpoma, Auchi polytechnic, Benson Idahosa university and Igbinedion university all in Edo state to go study elsewhere, at a stretch it would be delta state university abraka.

Binis has grown considerably larger more than the Esan in the last seventy years, and it is obvious, there is a concentration of Bini population in Europe. We have around half a million Binis in Europe if not more

Also the power dynamics in the states suggest so, they believe we (the Binis) have the numbers to install anyone as governor and it seem so.

In politicking in the state, and because we have the majority, other regions come to the Binis to beg for vote, when it is the turn of the Binis to become governor, nothing stops it. Because of our numbers or perceived numbers, since 1999 the Binis have had two governors in twenty four. The two on a eight year term. Obaseki a Bini man would complete his second term next year.

But because of our population or perceived, some Binis are still jostling to become governor next year, which no other ethnic group can try in the state.

Out of the twenty four years, Esans had only clinched power once, and it was a rule of A year and half. A stolen mandate by Osubor. And they are serially begging for all the parties to field Esan candidates, because they know if a Bini candidates happens to emerge from any party, the Binis might aggressively vote for him.

The atmosphere in the state perceive Binis to be the majority, my brother we seem presently above 40% of Edo state, it might even be more notwithstanding the population of Binis outside

The population all over the world does not move at a constant, I believe the Binis are 35 % more numerous than Esans today.

You people betray shallowness when you talk about travelling as if it is everything. I have never been to Europe but know more about Europe country by country than you can know in ten life times. Self education is everything. Not travelling out of the country and I have known more about Europe than people like you maybe for 25 years. Benin people can only be outside the country in proportion to their population and their population has not grown more than their neighbors in recent times and their population in Europe will be like one twentieth of the Yoruba population there. What Benin have that other Edoid groups don't have is control over a large metropolis like Benin and Benin is very cosmopolitan coming after Lagos, Ibadan, PH and Ogbomosho in Southern Nigeria. I am not sure which is rated higher between Benin and Ogbomosho. All ethnic groups should have control over their territory and work together to attract investors there as all the competition over political posts in Nigeria is somehow unhealthy. I personally do not like it.
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by AutomaticMotors: 12:14am On Aug 03, 2023
lawani:

I am not saying the language spoken in the suburbs will have no effect on the capital but Benin itself is a Yoruba word meaning anger or vexation and it was Oranmiyan that gave the city that name because the indigenes vexed him. Or is Ibinu an Edo word? The real title of the Warri monarch includes Atuwatse and Olu which are Yoruba words. The Ifa you people say is non existent in Benin is the national theology of the Itsekiri with the 256 signs. Ogiame itself is a combination of Yoruba and Edo which means King of the waters Ogi is king in Edo while Omi is water in Yoruba, I wouldn't know if it is water in Edo as well. Itsekiri in all ramifications are not different from Ilaje or Owo people or even Ijebu and their monarch that came from the Benin capital was a Yoruba man in all ramifications

This guy is sick!! Make una avoid this boy, just look at the rubbish he posted !!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing / Re-visiting The Clifford Orji Story , A Decade Later. / Igwe Alex Nwokedi Of Achalla Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.