Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,814 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy (12071 Views)

Remove Fuel Subsidy Now! World Bank Tells Buhari. / Modern Organised Informal Agricultural Buyers Necessary In Nigerian IFS / PART 1: NIGERIAN OIL INDUSTRY AND FUEL SUBSIDY: FACTS, MYTHS & HIDDEN TRUTH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by PointB: 4:07pm On Oct 10, 2011
Johndoe100:

The subsidy should be removed only after a lot of things are in place. For now they are absent so the subsidy should remain.

Indeed, but in the long run, fuel subsidy is not the way to go! It's should not be a way of life. Too much 'waste' in the system, that amount to robbing peter to pay paul! I believe that is why the Finance Minister talked about safety net.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by naijaking1: 5:08pm On Oct 10, 2011
Have you ever wondered why there's subsidy for petrol when there is no subsidy for milk, rice, shoes, cement, vehicles, medicines, etc. Why only for petroleum products. The answer will open your eyes on why Nigeria is not developing.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 5:29pm On Oct 10, 2011
PointB:

Indeed, but in the long run, fuel subsidy is not the way to go! It's should not be a way of life. Too much 'waste' in the system, that amount to robbing peter to pay paul! I believe that is why the Finance Minister talked about safety net.

you dofus, is that not want I have been trying to explain to you

LOL u are one confused person
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by jason123: 5:29pm On Oct 10, 2011
Johndoe100:

The subsidy should be removed only after a lot of things are in place. For now they are absent so the subsidy should remain.

Finally, someone that sees the reality of things.

naijaking1:

^^^
What should be in place first, educate me.
Constant power supply, improved % of employed youths and a slight reduction in corruption (not totally but just a little)
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by Relax101(m): 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2011
The subsidy should be removed. Money meant for Nigerians cant be going to a few contractors abi na marketers.
The issue of corruption na anoda chapter.
Again let me state here that I, relax101 fully and wonderfully support and cheerfully support removal of subsidy except those complaining are benefiting from the madness.

Common people, we are talking about billions going to a few men. haba.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by naijaking1: 5:41pm On Oct 10, 2011
jason123:

Finally, someone that sees the reality of things.
Constant power supply, improved % of employed youths and a [b]slight reduction in corruption [/b] (not totally but just a little)

What if I tell you that subsidy is partly directly and indirectly responsible for these conditions. You don't want us to run round circles, do you?
It takes political guts to remove these subsidies, every economist, especially those in goverment(since IBB to date) have always known that these subsidies do us more economic harm than good.
If fuel subsidies are removed a liter will cost about 142 naira, now in many parts of the east and SS, it already costs that much in certain locations. So where is the subsidy
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2011
Relax101:

The subsidy should be removed. Money meant for Nigerians cant be going to a few contractors abi na marketers.
The issue of corruption na anoda chapter.
Again let me state here that I, relax101 fully and wonderfully support and cheerfully support removal of subsidy except those complaining are benefiting from the madness.

Common people, we are talking about billions going to a few men. haba.

Hear and understand now !!!!!! smiley because it seems you and pointB are just posting with grabbing the concept I am trying to pass across

We are not against the removal of the subsidy in the long run but against the removal of the subsidy now since there are no economic and structural infrastructures in place.

3 months from Now the subsidy would be removed so what are the things in place now to ensure the removal of the subsidy is not too hard on the people.

No refinery is working

No constant electricity

etc

Once these things are done, then Beaf and Mr president are free to remove the subsidy/subsidies
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by Relax101(m): 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2011
alj_harem:

Hear and understand now !!!!!! smiley because it seems you and pointB are just posting with grabbing the concept I am trying to pass across

We are not against the removal of the subsidy in the long run but against the removal of the subsidy now since there are no economic and structural infrastructures in place.

3 months from Now the subsidy would be removed so what are the things in place now to ensure the removal of the subsidy is not too hard on the people.

No refinery is working

No constant electricity

etc

Once these things are done, then Beaf and Mr president are free to remove the subsidy/subsidies

next year is gonna be bad for corrupt men. Trust me.
Except saboteurs go resume work as usual.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by jason123: 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2011
naijaking1:

What if I tell you that subsidy is partly directly and indirectly responsible for these conditions. You don't want us to run round circles, do you?
It takes political guts to remove these subsidies, every economist, especially those in goverment(since IBB to date) have always known that these subsidies do us more economic harm than good.
If fuel subsidies are removed a liter will cost about 142 naira, now in many parts of the east and SS, it already costs that much in certain locations. So where is the subsidy

The point is, hyper inflation will accompany the removal of subsidy because businesses need constant power supply which we cannot give them now. To dampen the effect of this move, we need constant electricity amongst others.

Your POV is from an outsider or a well-off person not a common man who currently collect 11 k as the monthly salary. There is no way his salary can accommodate the effect of inflation.
Even our corrupt culture will not make the funds released, to be channeled into other infrastructures. This is Naija!
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by naijaking1: 6:45pm On Oct 10, 2011
The whole idea of corruption, lack of power, etc are just the side effects of the subsidy.
The people benefitting from this extensive subsidy milk and honey do everything to fight this policy. They will paint all sorts of dooms day scenerio on how heavens will fall once the subsidies are removed. They may even pretend to be friends of the "commom man", but at the end of the day their motive will be revealed.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by PointB: 7:20pm On Oct 10, 2011
^^^^

True talk!

No heaven will fall if the subsidy is removed, Nigerians will simply adjust!
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by phantom(m): 7:31pm On Oct 10, 2011
the subsidy should remain for now, government has many other leaks it should plug ASAP, not subsidy removal.This man GEJ is so clueless,its mind boggling.Your refineries are not working yet you want to remove subsidy.these our leaders are in a world of their own i swear,
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by OmoLisabi(m): 7:36pm On Oct 10, 2011
GEJ the Bingo
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by OmoLisabi(m): 7:38pm On Oct 10, 2011
GEJ the bing
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by Sunofgod(m): 7:39pm On Oct 10, 2011
alj_harem:

No refinery is working

No constant electricity

etc

Your approach is very un-islamic,

Why not just publically issue a 'fatwah'?

I think islamic violence is the only language these people will understand.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 7:39pm On Oct 10, 2011
Relax101:

next year is gonna be bad for corrupt men. Trust me.
Except saboteurs go resume work as usual.

Yes it would be bad for corrupt men. Amen

but listen, we should not be blinded by this "corrupt men"

The infratrutures are not yet in place for the removal.

do not mind beaf and pointB

beaf is working for GEJ

pointB is not even living in nigeria. I mean look at his post

PointB:

^^, Nigerians will simply adjust!

wtf ain't u a nigerian
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 7:40pm On Oct 10, 2011
Sun of god:

Your approach is very un-islamic,

Why not just publically issue a 'fatwah'?

I think islamic violence is the only language these people will understand.

You see cry cry cry cry
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by Sunofgod(m): 7:46pm On Oct 10, 2011
If 'Boko' release a statement warning the govt not to remove the subsidy i'm 99% sure the govt will listen to them.

Because they know they mean business.

But the common man on the street will continue to go unheard unless they also become some what militant.

I would support 'Boko' if their theme was anti-govt as opposed to anti-eductaion.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by dayokanu(m): 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2011
Retardeen at it again
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 10, 2011
Is Accursed GEJ's NL ambassador?
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by VoodooDoll(m): 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2011
GEJ is heading to be overthrown if he continues the way he is doing.

Question will be whether it is a civilian uprising (unlikely) or a military coup (I hope not).

God protect us all.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 10, 2011
What else can a Nigerian do if not to see his brother be on his knees begging? Sometimes I cry for my country because we the masses do not think before we say anything, and I don't blame is for that because even if we say anything, it ain't gonna do shit. ABSU, I read about the statement Abia State police command gave, which is a big fail in government, I read the sudden sacking of non Abia native workers in same Abia State, i may not be in Nigeria, but tell u, I am not reading all these news alone from outside my country.  It is sad that we Nigerians expect a sudden change from a single administration, and we tend to forget that he is a human being like us, no matter how good he is, that does not mean he is not a Nigerian, a politician, is always a politician despite ur religion, honestly if I.must say this, i do not expect any change in this administration no matter who is in the cabinet, but there will be a day the looters will die, and and all there money will be useless, because that day money will be useless, and everyman will be independent on his own, that money will be a taboo, God is watching, because Nigerians have no respect and love for their motherland.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by dustydee: 9:41pm On Oct 10, 2011
I join mouth beg GEJ and his lap dog beaf
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by jmaine: 10:23pm On Oct 10, 2011
Suddenly they see a sign of strong leadership that is hell bent on taking drastic laws to curb the corrupt Cabals who import petrol . . . .and they all go limping and screaming with pleas . . . . Strong leadership you demanded . . .this is one  cheesy  . . .

Now back to reality, This subsidy would cause a lot of upheaval and Jona would definitely rescind his decision . .  The refineries must be functioning optimally before we can start thinking of removing subsidy . . . And the masses are not convinced about the argument that that saved money would be utilized properly . . .I share the same view cos this saved money amounts to more future extra vagant budget by the Government. . . The ripple effect it would have on prizes of goods and services would be  lipsrsealed   . . .

Relax brethrens . . . we call this testing the waters  grin
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by emmatok(m): 10:46pm On Oct 10, 2011
jmaine:

Suddenly they see a sign of strong leadership that is hell bent on taking drastic laws to curb the corrupt Cabals who import petrol . . . .and they all go limping and screaming with pleas . . . . Strong leadership you demanded . . .this is one  cheesy  . . .

Now back to reality, This subsidy would cause a lot of upheaval and Jona would definitely rescind his decision . .  The refineries must be functioning optimally before we can start thinking of removing subsidy . . . And the masses are not convinced about the argument that that saved money would be utilized properly . . .I share the same view cos this saved money amounts to more future extra vagant budget by the Government. . . The ripple effect it would have on prizes of goods and services would be  lipsrsealed   . . .

Relax brethrens . . . we call this tasting the waters  grin

GBAM!!!

Subsidy won't be removed, because GEJ will feel the heat.

No electricity, no refinery yet you want to remove imported fuel Subsidy.

The government should hand-off fuel importation totally.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 11:10pm On Oct 10, 2011
GEJ should have told us about to fuel subsidy before the election

I mean he was the president 2010, why did he not remove the subsidy ?

but now that he is comfortable, subsidy has to be removed because he has money now.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by executinal(m): 11:19pm On Oct 10, 2011
Fuel subsidy should be removed ASAP, The days of corruption are numbered.What do Nigeria benefit since the fuel subsidy is in place angry angry angry
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by Akanbiedu(m): 11:21pm On Oct 10, 2011
Fuel subsidy must go. The poor can not continue subsidizing the rich. The only good decision from GEJ so far.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by debosky(m): 11:23pm On Oct 10, 2011
So has Beaf agreed to go beg Ebele or not? cheesy

PS - do you think using pointB will save you from being banned again? cheesy
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by Otunbakay(m): 11:47pm On Oct 10, 2011
Biko nnu, pleaseeee! Ambassador Beaf, help ur fellow country men to beg ur pay master to please, tarry in nailing the coffin he has lowered Nigerians into. Until a time he can let them have a feel of fresh air, by building the neccessary infrastructures, and other necessary measures to grow the economy, in other to absorb the effect of the removal of the subsidy @ the approprate time. If not 4 anything else, at least Beaf, for the sake of ur concience and humanity. Thanks for ur anticipated understanding.
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by xpagnol: 11:53pm On Oct 10, 2011
PLEASE NAIRALANDERS, WHO IS THIS POINT B, IS HE FROM NIGERIA OR JUST STAYING OUTSIDE NIGERIA WITH NO PRIMARY UNDERSTANDING OF THE BAD AND CORRUPT NATURE OF THIS BREED OF LEADERS,

ALH HAREM HAS TOLD U THAT ITS A GOOD POLICY BUT THE GOVERNMENT HAS'NT  PUT IN PLACE THE NECESSARY THINGS  THAT PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSED TO FALL UPON OR WHAT WILL LESSEN THEIR EXPENDITURE WHILE THE REMOVAL OF THE SUBSIDY TAKES EFFECT ON A LONG RUN PERIOD UNTILL PEOPLE ADAPTS.
LIKE, FREE EDUCATION, HEALTH INSURANCE, REFINERIES, POWER, ROADS, EMPLOYMENT, WATER , CORRUPTION AND SO ON,

THAT IS TO SAY THAT THE BASES & ESSENCE OF THE PROPOSED REMOVAL  HAS NOT BEEN ATTAINED NOR BE ACHIEVED WITH THIS SET OF WICKED AND DEAD CONCIOUS SET OF LEADERS.
PLEASE POINT B AM SORRY BUT YOU REALY NEED TO VISIT YOUR LECTURERS IF YOU DO HAVE ANY
I REST MY CASE BECAUSE I HATE TALKING ABOUT NIGERIA ATIMES,
Re: An Open Informal Letter To Beaf On Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 11:57pm On Oct 10, 2011
xpagnol:

PLEASE NAIRALANDERS, WHO IS THIS POINT B, IS HE FROM NIGERIA OR JUST STAYING OUTSIDE NIGERIA WITH NO PRIMARY UNDERSTANDING OF THE BAD AND CORRUPT NATURE OF THIS BREED OF LEADERS,

ALH HAREM HAS TOLD U THAT ITS A GOOD POLICY BUT THE GOVERNMENT HAS'NT  PUT IN PLACE THE NECESSARY THINGS  THAT PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSED TO FALL UPON OR WHAT WILL LESSEN THEIR EXPENDITURE WHILE THE REMOVAL OF THE SUBSIDY TAKES EFFECT ON A LONG RUN PERIOD UNTILL PEOPLE ADAPTS.
LIKE, FREE EDUCATION, HEALTH INSURANCE, REFINERIES, POWER, ROADS, EMPLOYMENT, WATER , CORRUPTION AND SO ON,

THAT IS TO SAY THAT THE BASES & ESSENCE OF THE PROPOSED REMOVAL  HAS NOT BEEN ATTAINED NOR BE ACHIEVED WITH THIS SET OF WICKED AND DEAD CONCIOUS SET OF LEADERS.
PLEASE POINT B AM SORRY BUT YOU REALY NEED TO VISIT YOUR LECTURERS IF YOU DO HAVE ANY
I REST MY CASE BECAUSE I HATE TALKING ABOUT NIGERIA ATIMES,

Don't mind the young boy, he is staying in america and yet telling us Nigerians that "we have to adjust"

Even if the subsidy is removed today, does that grantee that the funds used for the subsidy would be diverted to build schools, hospitals, roads etc. NO

Sometimes I really hate talking about Nigeria to People living abroad. It makes me hate Nigeria at times with the way they thing at times, very heartless people they can be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

$1 Daily, No Investment. / How To Start A Profitable POS Business Starting With #100k Or Less Guaranted! / New Season jersey 2022/2023 available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.