Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,266 members, 7,829,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 - Sports (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 (117124 Views)

Fifa Women's World Cup 2023: Caption This Photo / Wales Vs England: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (0 - 3) On 29th November 2022 / Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Jaybee3456: 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2023
denzel231:
Dem wan pay you for 100k view

Dey play
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Shellsploit: 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
slam7000:

Stop that nonsense.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by toprealman: 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
Congratulations girls!
By far their best game but unfortunately penalty decider being what it is just didn’t favor them.
Happy to see Alozie and Palmtree (according to one guy🤣🤣) play their best game today. Plumptre definitely presented herself very well against the English team that rejected her, as expected.
I expect her to get offers from top teams… a win for falcons.
If Asisat scored with that bicycle kick…omo, she for pull short comot😎.
Once again, congrats for bowing out with your heads up!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by denzel231: 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
Donpaulo2:

If passion dey your body you no go talk like this
passion wey no dey put money for my pocket.. na yeye Passion.. Dem lose or win, na their headache
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by denzel231: 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
Jaybee3456:

Dey play
dey deceive urself
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Donpaulo2(m): 12:10pm On Aug 07, 2023
This our coach mess up. Ashley Plumtre should have taken a penalty, she sharp well well

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by maintenant: 12:11pm On Aug 07, 2023
Gamesmart:

Stop talking nonsense!

You made no sense with this.

Dem go dey shout "Guardiola, Guardiola". Let Guardiola go do his success by managing Southampton, Eintract Frankfurt or Real Sociedad, then I would know that his tactics can make small teams dominate far better teams.
You are wasting my time...

You approach football with lazy emotionalism...

I am speaking like a pundit and not a fan like you who wears his emotion on his sleeves...

Guardiola is one of the all-tme greats...

Coaching is an intricate science, oga...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by bentenny(m): 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2023
Seunfretty:
...Can we stop all this "they tried" this a team where most players have been together in years...how do we commend a team that played almost 50minutes without a goal..never had just 2 shots on target...and u people sound as if this ladies play in Nigeria most of them play in top teams in Europe...today england was the better side..even with a red card they were still slicing through us and playing...we kept playing long balls even wen we could just out the ball in the ground and create chances .. they should just go back and work...enough of the " they tried shit"...tht language wins u nothing in soccer
You cannot write all these or expect so much from a team that got almost half of the preparation and motivation of what all the national teams in this tournament acquired from their country's football association!

What did you really expect from a team with almost zero preparations for this tournament?
Were you expecting a miracle or some sort of luck?

A team whose coach almost quit due to the shoddy and terrible state of our readiness for the world cup!

I didn't even expect the falcons to have mustered even two shots on target let alone drag the current champions of Europe to a penalty shootout!

That proves that with the right preparations for our national teams,we can do far better than this!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by EcoNews: 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2023
Who are those taking his comment to twitter
Have they taken all the comments of foolish hating Igbo on Oshoala to twitter too ?

Will you father be providing their details. You de mad you wan insult palter from other tribe but don't want to be insulted.

kings59:

People have taken your comment to Twitter.

Seun be ready to provide this guy's details to the authorities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Occurstaem(m): 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2023
Seunfretty:
...Can we stop all this "they tried" this a team where most players have been together in years...how do we commend a team that played almost 50minutes without a goal..never had just 2 shots on target...and u people sound as if this ladies play in Nigeria most of them play in top teams in Europe...today england was the better side..even with a red card they were still slicing through us and playing...we kept playing long balls even wen we could just out the ball in the ground and create chances .. they should just go back and work...enough of the " they tried shit"...tht language wins u nothing in soccer
Lessons learnt. Ok, enough of "they tried shut".
Let's be objective, an elephant is beyond saying I just slightly saw something, if you see an elephant say it as it is.

Do you agree our performance today was exceptional not minding that we didn't have enough preparation and friendly matches amid row of players boycotting the tournament due to unpaid bonuses? The gap between Super Falcons and those team is now infinitesimal. We have really caught up with them and even more. I believe with more friendly matches against top teams, the Super Falcons will be a force to be reckoned with.

We were better defensively and in midfield. It remains the finishing touches. We just need to work on our corner kicks, because it's our players getting the first touch on the ball during that, a little drill on headings will do. Shooting practice too.

Our goalkeeper was brilliant and fantastic. But it's a shame our forwards fluffed their lines and couldn't reward Nnadozie with a goal against England.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by dreyboard(m): 12:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
This is not the nairaland I used to visit as a guest before joining them few years ago..., Tribalistic comments everywhere..., They are turning this forum to something else.
Sad sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Donpaulo2(m): 12:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
toprealman:
Congratulations girls!
By far their best game but unfortunately penalty decider being what it is, it just didn’t favor them.
Happy to see Alozie and Palmtree( according to one guy🤣🤣) play their best game today. Plumptre definitely presented herself very well against the English team , as expected, so I expect her to get offers from top teams… a win for falcons.
Ashley is my woman of the tournament in Nigeria team❤️❤️

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by DevilishMan: 12:15pm On Aug 07, 2023
lordprogress:

[s]Una nor go watch match una go dey under una bed they comment for nairaland[/s]. rubbish!!!

Australia game is on.
You can try another ticket.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Calitoscassius(m): 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2023
The Naigerian players were unable rig this one or bribe their way through.

Naigerians has relied so much on corrupting and rigging their way through every competition in their country one could finds it hard to know if they are good on competitions or not grin
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by MT: 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2023
Beautiful performance from the Super Falcon. I will accept this outcome with pride.

They have represented the badge and the flag so well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Gamesmart: 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2023
maintenant:
You are wasting my time...

You approach football with lazy emotionalism...

I am speaking like a pundit and not a fan like you who wears his emotion on his sleeves...

Guardiola is one of the all-tme greats...

Coaching is an intricate science, oga...

Na you dey argue they must have won because they played 10 players for 35 minutes.

That is emotionalism!
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Kemadealadire(f): 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2023
Adesina18111:
Alaye which calibre?...Mr calibre football na football...I wasn't expecting the team to play what they played today cos they did well but to be frank...Oshoala no dey try when it comes to National match... mtchewwww

Oga ade rest, a tree cannot make a forest no matter how rooted it is.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Occurstaem(m): 12:18pm On Aug 07, 2023
Donpaulo2:
Ashley is my woman of the tournament in Nigeria team❤️❤️
I detst what she did after the match, smiling with a couple of English players. I don't imply her to cry. She almost got a goal for us and was excellent today. I know they were probably friends sometime ago but she shouldn't have done that. That's absolutely distasteful.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Calitoscassius(m): 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2023
kings59:

People have taken your comment to Twitter.

Seun be ready to provide this guy's details to the authorities.
Fork you and your bloody authorities grin corrupt, bias and lawless authorities.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Deicide: 12:20pm On Aug 07, 2023
Allowing any other team to beat us is understandable but England? No African country should allow that.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by GambaOsaka: 12:20pm On Aug 07, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Who got red card,please ?

It’s was England

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Austineva(m): 12:20pm On Aug 07, 2023
Trustmea:

Hahaha one of my guys watching the match with me here is happy too, he wants England to win it, when Alozie and the other gal lost the penalty come and see how he was hyping them and rejoicing lol.
😂😂😂😂😂. Am telling you, I too, am even happier 😂😂😂😂
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by GambaOsaka: 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2023
Gamesmart:

She is a striker normally, so pushed her forward as we needed less defendants.

Would have preferred her on the right wing though.
She could have done more on the right wing.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by ismhab(m): 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2023
Ebola is a disaster.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by bigtt76(f): 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2023
Good run by the girls. They definitely impressed me today but they still had that issue of not holding on well to the ball or completing their passes accurately. Good stuff though.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by bigtt76(f): 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2023
She's not 100% fit

Adesina18111:
Alaye which calibre?...Mr calibre football na football...I wasn't expecting the team to play what they played today cos they did well but to be frank...Oshoala no dey try when it comes to National match... mtchewwww

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by Gamesmart: 12:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
GambaOsaka:

She could have done more on the right wing.

Yeah, I agree.

But maybe Ordega's left foot was more useless.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by kelvindj98: 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2023
Trustmea:

People just dey hype that oshola for nothing. Michelle Alozie is better than her, though I was surprised as she lost the pk. But I swear that gal is mile ahead than the so socalled Assisat abi aziza
Alozie that was playing nfl on a soccer field. What will you call all her shots that were just going wide.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by gaskiyamagana: 12:28pm On Aug 07, 2023
THANKS TO ALMIGHTY ALLAH THAT WE LOST THE GAME. SHAME ON THAT RACHEL AJIBADE OF 'NOTHING' WITHOUT JESUS.
IF WAN WON FOLLOW HER MENTALITY, SOMETHING COULD HAVE BEEN FOR NIGERIA IF THEY HAVE JESUS.
USELESS GIRL. MAKE SHE CARRY HER NOTHING COME HOME,. ABEG.
APOLOGY TO THE CHRISTIAN WHO ARE NOT OVERZEALOUS LIKE HER.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by gaskiyamagana: 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
ismhab:
Ebola is a disaster.
Pig is disastrous.
Re: Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 by chima47(m): 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
Oooh very painful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (Reply)

Senegalese Player Casually Leans Against Goalpost As Colombia At World Cup / Idah Peterside: I Slept With Virgins For Money Ritual, Had Meetings With Snakes / Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.