Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Memoirs From Chile - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memoirs From Chile (120879 Views)

Nigerians In Chile Or Latin America, Gather Below / Travelling To Chile / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs From Chile by soccerlite: 8:45pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

It was important o. They will ask for proof of Spanish proficiency. In Chile absolutely no one speaks English and I mean it. Without Spanish you will be stranded. Brazil asks for celpe bras. Another thing is that schools will conduct interviews before admissions and the interviews will be in Spanish. I will advise anyone to come to south america aside Venezuela and Bolivia. The other countries here are very okay and it's easy to move from south america to the US, Canada or Europe due to the strength of the passports. Even upcoming countries like Colombia and Peru, their citizens are exempt from LMIA in Canada and both passports can be gotten in 4 years. Some people have been doing express entry since 2019 and nothing commot. If they enter Peru that 2019 they don get citizenship this year.

My sister school in Brazil without language test

Though Portuguese is easy to learn

She's was very proficient after Saturday Portuguese class

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 8:45pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
God has finally done it for me grin. 3 years worth of work came to fruition and I was able to japa to Chile tongue tongue tongue. Sharing some pics from my trip and my everyday life on this thread. This is for those who think that south america is hell. Theres a lot of amazing countries in the world. You need to research and figure out what works for you. My flight was from Lagos to doha to Brazil and then finally to Chile. I didn't really start taking any pics until I got into Chile. I am sure you can find thousands of pictures about Brazil, Qatar or Lagos online but hardly anyone has posted anything about Chile.

The first pic is me In the plane crossing the Andes mountains. The light in the distance is the city of santiago.

Second is the airport in concepcion.

Third is my Uber ride from the airport to my Airbnb

So let me guess ,you took Qatar airline so tkt money must be up to N1.4m at least and over 28 hours journey time abi?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by soccerlite: 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2023
Chile is also better than nigeria

Unfortunate
Re: Memoirs From Chile by frog12: 8:50pm On Aug 04, 2023
if you tell Nigerians to be serious, dem go just laugh you. but dem go call even shitty countries heaven grin grin

chile may have good standards because of low population, but I don't know why the bolivians,nicaraguans,ecuadorians,peruvians are not running there

chile get him own problems... shitty nigerian

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by sonofthunder: 8:50pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
God has finally done it for me grin. 3 years worth of work came to fruition and I was able to japa to Chile tongue tongue tongue. Sharing some pics from my trip and my everyday life on this thread. This is for those who think that south america is hell. Theres a lot of amazing countries in the world. You need to research and figure out what works for you. My flight was from Lagos to doha to Brazil and then finally to Chile. I didn't really start taking any pics until I got into Chile. I am sure you can find thousands of pictures about Brazil, Qatar or Lagos online but hardly anyone has posted anything about Chile.

The first pic is me In the plane crossing the Andes mountains. The light in the distance is the city of santiago.

I didn't even check the moniker but just kept reading.

Congratulations πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
Re: Memoirs From Chile by OBA117(m): 8:51pm On Aug 04, 2023
Congratulations bro
Re: Memoirs From Chile by BossGerald: 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Men if you are coming here Spanish is very important. Chileans don't know English at all grin

Pls Boss

Can someone apply for a students visa using Olevel?? How's the success rate??
Re: Memoirs From Chile by akaahs(m): 8:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

It depends on demand. I am ready to help o cause the visa process na die cheesy cheesy cheesy
I ll be glad if u can take me through the process
Re: Memoirs From Chile by BossGerald: 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I hope you have seen their inflation sir. Smh All that glitter is not gold o wink

Oga si ebea gbafuo😬

5 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Kingzjayzee: 9:00pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

God that did it for u will most surely do it me too. Congratulations bros.

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Tijani009: 9:01pm On Aug 04, 2023
akaahs:

I ll be glad if u can take me through the process

Pls help us sir, tell us sir
Re: Memoirs From Chile by wentroublecomes: 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Use the french and do Canada express entry

Please can you tell me more about it and like how much will it cost me?
Please I'm a total novice to traveling so I'll be glad if you can give me more details sir
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Emmyviva: 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2023
All Japa na Japa.. congratulations

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Offpointng: 9:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
Calitoscassius:
You are correct it is very hard to obtain an American or British passport and 136 countries with a Peruvian passport isn't bad atall.

NO, I have no ideas, i am afraid, perharps you should go for Peruvian passport afterall it is only 4 years before you obtain their passport. You would also be able to speak spanish after 4 years.

Shey u get the just now... And for the Spanish?? tho I'm not good with languages but I'll learn lol
Re: Memoirs From Chile by grandstar(m): 9:13pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
A police car in Chile. Here in Chile, I hardly see old cars. Most of the cars driven here are much newer models.

Chile has an unexplainable ban on the importation of second hand cars. It makes no sense.

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by UnfairLife7(m): 9:19pm On Aug 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. You are an 'expert' then. You go soon calm down wink
your country is cursed. I pray military take over the shithole

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 9:23pm On Aug 04, 2023
SayNo2SmallPrik:

But there’s something in Canada, US and UK, you’re a mUmU man.
see u see disgrace
Re: Memoirs From Chile by NoToPile: 9:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
twentyk:
Good move if you like it, but can yall just tone down the weight of abuse on thy motherland?

Go any country you like. Don't abuse Naija, and you wey neve travel before or will ever self dey follow person wey japa go Chile dey abuse your country. Bah sense walahi.

I don't know how the bolded is so difficult to do.

Nawa.

If you travel and want to share your story do and if you want to congratulate, do so and move on but naah...

Most threads about japa are the same cycle.

7 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Well to be honest I wont blame them. I used to think African and south american countries were the same level until I got into tech and started looking into jobs in other countries. Africans are at the bottom of the human race. You can't even compare the most developed country in Africa to even Peru. We don't know how finished we are. We don't even have roads. What did Nigeria do with the first 20 years of independence. No roads o. I am going out today and will put in more pictures
haba bross calm down, you just lnad, nah the fine fine places you dey so have you been to the other cities and town wey worse pass AJ city?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 9:36pm On Aug 04, 2023
Tboi4real:
Southamerica nai be like UK na wa ooo a lot of country a moving forward every day
STOP IT PLZZZZZ
Re: Memoirs From Chile by UnfairLife7(m): 9:36pm On Aug 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Nigeria is useless to you and will forever remain useless to you, Nigeria will forever withhold her blessings from you. When you sow in the land, it will not bear you any fruit. Nigeria will never bless you and will curse you back forever.
Poverty is written all over your people in South West. They are buying foodstuffs on credit at Ebuka shop grin

Most of your people literally beg to feed. They are either jobless or doing useless 30k-50k job grin

Your government are thieves. God will strike them to death for putting Nigerians into abject poverty while they fly in private jet.

Poverty, unemployment, cyber fraud, insecurity, prostitution, hyperinflation et al are the norms in Nigeria a shithole country grin

Parents cannot feed their children. Children are jobless after school. Your brother is the president but that will not take poverty away from your people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 9:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mrniceguy001:

Guess you haven't been to Turkey Istanbul's airport cheesy
Oh yea, that's an Airpot and a half, I have quite an experience in that airport 3 years ago when I missed my connecting flight lol
Magnificent, I loved the control tower that looks like a snake
Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 9:39pm On Aug 04, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Poverty is written all over your people in South West. They are buying foodstuffs on credit at Ebuka shop grin

Most of your people literally beg to feed. They are either jobless or doing useless 30k-50k job grin

Your government are thieves. God will strike them to death for putting Nigerians into abject poverty while they fly in private jet.

Poverty, unemployment, cyber fraud, insecurity, prostitution, hyperinflation et al are the norms in Nigeria a shithole country grin

Parents cannot feed their children. Children are jobless after school. Your brother is the president but that will not take poverty away from your people.
Wow bro whyyyyy?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Kunlegzy(m): 9:41pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Internet infrastructure in Chile is very developed. Honestly if not for making calls you can live without getting a sim card. There's literally internet everywhere. From the airport to taxis to trains to buses to restaurants. Just putting up your wifi on any streets brings like 3 free wifi networks and this isn't even the capital city. The capital is Santiago and that's like 7 hours from here. Internet here is also very very fast. Screenshot is from the wifi at the Airbnb I am staying at
just get VPN to use automatically with it. Otherwise you will find yourself to blame
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Shantyken(m): 9:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
millionboi2:
dey calm down bro, Nigeria will be better some day

God bless you everyday of ur life

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by ibinaboonline: 9:43pm On Aug 04, 2023
Is it free wifi?
tensazangetsu20:
Internet infrastructure in Chile is very developed. Honestly if not for making calls you can live without getting a sim card. There's literally internet everywhere. From the airport to taxis to trains to buses to restaurants. Just putting up your wifi on any streets brings like 3 free wifi networks and this isn't even the capital city. The capital is Santiago and that's like 7 hours from here. Internet here is also very very fast. Screenshot is from the wifi at the Airbnb I am staying at
Re: Memoirs From Chile by UnfairLife7(m): 9:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
erico2k2:

Wow bro whyyyyy?
The country is messed up. I am tired.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by JohnQueen(m): 9:48pm On Aug 04, 2023
Reminds me of the rubbish air around that Ikosi Rd. that I breathed in today cry

IbeOkehie:
Hello πŸ‘‹ πŸ«‚ πŸ‘‹ Goodness you did it, I'm so happy and proud of you. You're the 3rd person I know in the past month that left the Zoo for better climes. Let the patriotic naira millionaires continue stagnating in their wonderful Shithole.

Just breathing clean air is worth the journey. Wishing you all the best and please keep in touch!

Good Luck to Nigerians!

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 9:49pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
The weird street arts. It's on every building here
Bross bross, who no go nor know, You are in a gang zone

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Procashtips(m): 9:50pm On Aug 04, 2023
Chile

Lol
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Mrniceguy001: 9:51pm On Aug 04, 2023
erico2k2:

Oh yea, that's an Airpot and a half, I have quite an experience in that airport 3 years ago when I missed my connecting flight lol
Magnificent, I loved the control tower that looks like a snake

Absolutely! But The Singaporean Chengi tops them all! smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (48) (Reply)

Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.