Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Memoirs From Chile - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memoirs From Chile (120482 Views)

Nigerians In Chile Or Latin America, Gather Below / Travelling To Chile / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Nteogwuija(m): 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2023
ycat:
Yes I will eat my agbado with peace of mind.

And you will beg for agbado and won't get it at a place you will be sharing dog bowl.

The guy left 9ja and you're still saying all these vile words to him?

Why are u so pained, by the way?

12 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Kelechi009: 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2023
Roger3D:
Straight from Naija

How long did it take you to get an appointment in German embassy?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Penguin2: 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Six months to a year. Sweden is very okay but much more expensive than Chile. Universities in Sweden are at least 20000 euros per year and that's just for tuition. You still have to sort out your proof of funds and the visa is not assured. You can do everything right and still be denied a visa. That 20000 euros in Chile will take you to university of Chile or pontifica catholica which are the best universities in south America and Chile and both universities are in the top 200 in the world.

I think if you can afford Sweden, you shouldn't be thinking of Chile. Chile is an alternative for people with not much money and is a solid transit point to any country.

For instance, in Chile you can get permanent residency after your program. 3 years on permanent residency and you can be a citizen. With a Chilean passport you can work in Canada without needing an LMIA and work in the US on a H1B1 visa which is just for chileans and singaporeans. You can also visit both countries without needing a visa. Chilean citizens only need to live in Spain for two years to get Spanish citizenship. Once you can get Spanish citizenship you can work anywhere in the EU especially in the much richer places like Switzerland or Luxembourg. Chileans rarely take advantage of any of these programs. For instance chileans have been exempt from LMIA in Canada since 1997 due to the Chilean Canadian trade agreement and there's still less than 30000 chileans in Canada. They don't migrate there. Also for H1B1, singaporeans use up their spots more than chileans. Chileans don't apply for it since most of them can't speak English.

Chile is a very solid stepping stone to anywhere in the world once you get the passport and is not too expensive or popular yet.
My goodness!

Bro you are just phenomenal. God bless you for putting in this much effort to research these things.

You have everything figured out already.

Please how much do I need for everything? That’s from application in school to flight ticket. How much should I budget if I wanna try Chile?

Do I need proof of fund?

5 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Sweetvie: 7:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
Roger3D:
Straight from Naija
That was years ago not now
Re: Memoirs From Chile by alhajiabdulbuha: 7:56pm On Aug 04, 2023
Please i did not Tinubu. Am from Anambra state. We voted Peter Obi. Tinubu rigged the election
Lewisjohnson:

After you don Vote Tinubu finish you wan leav us abi??
You must remain here till 2031 angry sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Tboi4real: 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
Southamerica nai be like UK na wa ooo a lot of country a moving forward every day
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Stephaniegold(f): 7:58pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

It depends on demand. I am ready to help o cause the visa process na die cheesy cheesy cheesy
Pls dis is my watsapp number....08030430377...can we pls talk....cos I am also fed up of dis hell fire we are leaving in
Re: Memoirs From Chile by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:58pm On Aug 04, 2023
Regex:

You be opunu. You go Brazil hustle finish make money go country of your choice and you deh here deh talk rubbish...
u can't present ur point without Insults abi??

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Stephaniegold(f): 7:59pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

It depends on demand. I am ready to help o cause the visa process na die cheesy cheesy cheesy
Pls help a brother....I will pay
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:59pm On Aug 04, 2023
Stephaniegold:

Pls dis is my watsapp number....08030430377...can we pls talk....cos I am also fed up of dis hell fire we are leaving in

Ask questions here and quote me. Remove your number so that scammers don't send you messages.

6 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:00pm On Aug 04, 2023
Stephaniegold:

Pls help a brother....I will pay

Cool down. My next post is how to get a visa to Chile.

5 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Roger3D(m): 8:01pm On Aug 04, 2023
Kelechi009:

How long did it take you to get an appointment in German embassy?
There are 3 stages in the process
1. Application
2. Interview
and lastly
3. Approval or denial

From 1 to 3 took like 2 weeks (I can't really remember the exact number of days)
From 2 to 3 took 48 hours
I was interviewed on a Thursday Afternoon and got the visa on Monday the following week

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Regex: 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
u can't present ur point without Insults abi??

The opunu couldn't write without sounding stupid na why.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by EleventhWeirdo: 8:05pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
One thing I noticed here is that their apartment blocks are multi storey and rental cost are cheap. Agbadorians go dey shout tinubu built Lagos but they can't afford to live in eko Atlantic and that's all they chant as achievements

You spoiled your beautiful thread by bringing in politics and shouting àgbàdo like a deranged ediott. What a shame, run along, pandora 0bing0. Chile indeed lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Geeflow(m): 8:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Lol been working on this Chile matter since like 2020 na. Had to save money and learn the language. I had cold feet initially cause I was trying other options but they didn't work out so I just went head in last year and intensified everything.

Did you run your visa process through an agent or you did it yourself?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:14pm On Aug 04, 2023
Geeflow:

Did you run your visa process through an agent or you did it yourself?

Everything was done myself from admission to visa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Bakrabas: 8:17pm On Aug 04, 2023
Op my regards to Alexis Sanchez, If God's willing I might be there one day.

I've been struggling to learn Espanol Pls can you recommend a better center for me in Lagos?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by topellycategory: 8:18pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah it's always funny to me when I see people killing themselves over the popular destinations when a lot of unknown places still gives you everything and are a solid stepping s
tone to your final destination.
I'm happy for you though however people choose popular destinations due to so many reasons like no language barriers, diversity, sense of belonging , long term goal. I wish you a successful journey all throughout your stay in Chile!

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:20pm On Aug 04, 2023
topellycategory:

I'm happy for you though however people choose popular destinations due to so many reasons like no language barriers, diversity, sense of belonging , long term goal. I wish you a successful journey all throughout your stay in Chile!

True sha

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by wentroublecomes: 8:21pm On Aug 04, 2023
Gerrard59:

I want to see his response regarding learning Swedish, as it is easier learning Spanish as a native English speaker compared to Nordic languages. If he left Brazil for Sweden because of the crime rate, that would be a fair decision. But being in Brazil is better than the UAE, especially if the person learns Portuguese before moving. Free education at world standards and ease of settling down compared to Germany - more than a year before visa interview. Bulgaria is denying Nigerians visas. It is not easy to get Czech Republic student visa from Nigeria. Poland nko? People pay bribes just to be interviewed! Germany was not popular then until the UK scrapped PSW in 2012. Suddenly, people became interested in Germany, Norway and Estonia. Today, only Germany still has free education, but to get visa from Nigeria na war. Portuguese and Spanish are easier to grasp than German. Estonia has changed her immigration laws. Even after spending money to be interviewed at the embassy in Egypt, since the UAE no go issue tourist visas, people still get denied. Norway, which I applied to then, has scrapped free tuition and tightened immigration laws. It takes NINE years to get Danish citizenship. Switzerland is a no-go area due to their ab initio immigration laws. People don learn German at Gothe Institute sotey yet cannot get student visa interview dates. These are actual complaints, and yet when we suggest good alternatives, online witches and wizards attempt to dissuade people.

Ultimately, we are laser-focused on the economic opportunities and ease of being a naturalised citizen. No one should spend his/her youth toiling outside Nigeria, excluding places like Singapore and Switzerland, earning pittances yet have no hope of being a naturalised citizen. If you noticed, he moved to Sweden, not South Africa or Swaziland or Senegal. These are the demons we fight every day in this section.

Hello bro. I can see you know a lot about most countries
Please what can you say about France. I've been learning French for over 6 months now and I plan to go on a study route in France. What is your advice sir
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:23pm On Aug 04, 2023
wentroublecomes:

Hello bro. I can see you know a lot about most countries
Please what can you say about France. I've been learning French for over 6 months now and I plan to go on a study route in France. What is your advice sir

Use the french and do Canada express entry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by 9jahotblog: 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
God has finally done it for me grin. 3 years worth of work came to fruition and I was able to japa to Chile tongue tongue tongue. Sharing some pics from my trip and my everyday life on this thread. This is for those who think that south america is hell. Theres a lot of amazing countries in the world. You need to research and figure out what works for you. My flight was from Lagos to doha to Brazil and then finally to Chile. I didn't really start taking any pics until I got into Chile. I am sure you can find thousands of pictures about Brazil, Qatar or Lagos online but hardly anyone has posted anything about Chile.

The first pic is me In the plane crossing the Andes mountains. The light in the distance is the city of santiago.

Second is the airport in concepcion.

Third is my Uber ride from the airport to my Airbnb

at last my big brother leave this troubled Nigeria. Congratulations my tech guru

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by SunTzu123(m): 8:27pm On Aug 04, 2023
OP, Se habla Espanol¿
Re: Memoirs From Chile by ycat: 8:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
Pained? Speak for yourself.
You must be blind to his comment that I responded to.

You don't get to say nonsense to people who aired their opinions just because you made it to a super-3rd world country where they still shitt in shalanga and you will be begging from very soon or be too ashamed to come back to nairaland to vent.

Have fun with your thread, I'm out!
Nteogwuija:

The guy left 9ja and you're still saying all these vile words to him?

Why are u so pained, by the way?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Jetland(m): 8:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Not all countries have a digital nomad visa. I have a very specific reason for coming to Chile though and the study route was the easiest way to access that also I need the degree for something else too. I might as well just get it grin
Which language are they using to teach over there?
If it's not English, how will you be able to cope with that?

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:35pm On Aug 04, 2023
Jetland:

Which language are they using to teach over there?
If it's not English, how will you be able to cope with that?

I learnt Spanish in Nigeria to B2 level.

7 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Enculer2: 8:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
Make sure you do not engage in criminal activities.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by fredodo007(m): 8:40pm On Aug 04, 2023
Nice one guy as u don escape this country.

The average salary in Chile is 1,870,000 Chilean Peso (CLP) or 2,338 US Dollars per month (based on the exchange rate in April 2023). However, the average income differs based on the individual's qualification, job title, and work location.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by kelspinall(m): 8:41pm On Aug 04, 2023
congratulations
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Nche95(m): 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Mail the universities there. The only thing I know about Argentina is the strong passport and the universities are free.
the passport really strong oo. But how Manage ? Don't they travel ? No be say them get money
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Kelechi009: 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
Roger3D:
There are 3 stages in the process
1. Application
2. Interview
and lastly
3. Approval or denial

From 1 to 3 took like 2 weeks (I can't really remember the exact number of days)
From 2 to 3 took 48 hours
I was interviewed on a Thursday Afternoon and got the visa on Monday the following week

Ok, what year was this? Because now it takes 1 year to get an appointment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (48) (Reply)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures

Viewing this topic: tensazangetsu20(m), stKorea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.