Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? (6771 Views)

Is It Okay To Stop A Girl On The Street? / Should I Confront Him Or Walk Away Quietly? / At What Point Does A Man Stop Chasing : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 11, 2011
It's not easy to be in a relationship, if you truly don't know why you want to be in it. If the relationship is helping you, the fact you want change, you can cause change, but if not you don't need to wait for a right time, because there was never a right time for y'all's relationship, don't live your life in fear or regrets, please.
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by slimyem: 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2011
kanny1:

the answer to every challenge and progress in any relationship lies btw the two involved. you only seek opinion/advice when u boost your confidence in the decision u want to tak. Does d relationship add value to your life? Is anyone being selfish and uncaring? are your families happy about it? can u confidently say he/she 's your partner? can u call her/him urs in the presence of pretty girls/guys around? is the relatnship endured or enjoyed?
Not how far bt how well. One good door closes another better or best door opens. my dear step out if need be.
now,i'm feeling this!
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by Bright2(m): 10:41pm On Oct 11, 2011
walk out before death walk you in!
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by pkv(m): 10:51pm On Oct 11, 2011
slimyem:

oya now,prove it!
and open up old wounds?!i aint dat cruel darling
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by slimyem: 11:03pm On Oct 11, 2011
pkv:

and open up old wounds?!i aint dat cruel darling
if I was the 'topic' and the wounds(of either the concerned or myself) were old,there'd be no post here so you'd be opening up nothing if you just prove I'm d concerned.
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 12, 2011

Well, in any relationship, two things can only happen, it's either one or both of the parties involve grow love or hatred as they continue with their relationship.

I would liken this situation to the case of a cancer patient, the affected cells grows and begin to multiply, if detected early, an operation may help to stop it else it begins to over grow until the patient dies.

So, as much as i do believe that any relationship should have a mediator and or a mentor, whenever one or both parties involve in the relationship discover love or hatred has started growing, the best thing to do is to see a surgeon (the mediator or mentor) for an operation, if it's a love growth, they get a kudos, otherwise, advice, chastening and whatever deem fit.

If the relationship has been going through all this over time, when it gets to a point when the relationship can no longer work, both parties would know, the surgeon would know and they would be parted.

It's not always easy to be in a relationship, opposite sex, different ideology, different background, different education, etc, it's a game that should be learnt, no one is a master.

Note: Be careful when choosing a surgeon (mediator, mentor) for your relationship.

For the case of a relationship without a mediator or mentor, which has already turn sour, the party that is feeling uncomfortable with the relationship should see a counsellor, if all effort to reconcile fails, just walk away.

Don't take the risk, failed relationship is far better than a failed marriage or a marriage without peace.

I hope this helps.
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by brainpulse: 8:05am On Oct 12, 2011
Befor your Peace and Life is being threatened
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by Orikinla(m): 8:26am On Oct 12, 2011
No need to waste time procrastinating with words here. Once your securiity is threatened, just get out before it is too late. Be reasonable and stop being emotional. Emotions do not solve problems. Reasons change the world and not useless emotions.
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by Igosun: 8:29am On Oct 12, 2011
When you feel you can stand what you have being enduring again.
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 12, 2011
amadioha will reveal it 2 u
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by Otunbakay(m): 9:21am On Oct 12, 2011
Orikinla:

No need to waste time procrastinating with words here. Once your securiity is threatened, just get out before it is too late. Be reasonable and stop being emotional. Emotions do not solve problems. Reasons change the world and not useless emotions.
Talk is cheap; to do the talk is not that easy.
Though i agree with you that 'REASONS change the world but my dear 'EMOTIONS' contr
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by Otunbakay(m): 9:40am On Oct 12, 2011
Orikinla:

Talk is cheap; to do the talk is not that easy.
Though i agree with you that 'REASONS' changes the world, but my dear, 'EMOTIONS' controls the world; if not well managed, reasonings may just become very FATAL.
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by maxygirl(f): 9:53am On Oct 12, 2011
Otunbakay:

That very point you come to the realisation and conviction that you dont have a future with the relationship.

27naira:

The moment you realize in your heart that your heart cannot take the heat any longer. Be the FIRST to call it quits. The first always have the lesser pain.

Afterall, its better to be the dumper and not the dumpee  wink

You would know in your heart when you should leave the realationship. The signs would be so glaring
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by Amya(f): 10:41am On Oct 12, 2011
When you know deep down the relationship won't work (am i talking to me self here or what? Yeah Amya, you gasta move on!)
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by slimyem: 10:55am On Oct 12, 2011
Amya:
(am i talking to me self here or what? Yeah Amya, you gasta move on!)
no,you aint talking to yourself.someone's reading all of this and taking a life-changing decision.
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by Freesia(f): 2:20pm On Oct 12, 2011
Hmmmmm Decisions,decisions decisions !!! They are so difficult to make sometimes  sad

1 Like

Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by kanny1(m): 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2011
Decision! Decision! Decision! If you think where you are 2day cannot help you get to ur dream destination tomorrow, then it'll be better to close ur eyes today and face th temporary challenge and shame and enjoy tomorrow than refusing to make the decision 2day and live with regrets the rest of ur life. Relationship demands SINCERITY.
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by pingpong1: 11:25pm On Oct 12, 2011
slimyem:

even when nothing's working?
we have resolved to make it work.
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by maxygirl(f): 11:34am On Oct 13, 2011
ping pong:

we have resolved to make it work.

I hope it does work
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by Freesia(f): 10:11pm On Oct 13, 2011
kanny1:

Decision! Decision! Decision! If you think where you are 2day cannot help you get to your dream destination  tomorrow, then  it'll be  better to close your eyes today and face th temporary challenge and shame and enjoy tomorrow than refusing to make the decision 2day and live with regrets the rest of your life. Relationship demands SINCERITY.

I hear you,I like your approach to things,Thanks again
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by diva90: 2:19am On Oct 14, 2011
from the signs, you will always knw wen to walk away. i was once in an emotionally abusive relationship with a man who i deeply cared for, although he never regarded me as highly as i placed him. the red flags became too much, i weighed it all out, i realized the bad sides were more than the good sides. and yep! i made that bold step to let it all go. trust me, when it is time to move ahead, you will know. always pray for the strength, zeal and direction to know what next to do and to take the appropriate actions
Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by johnwell(m): 5:20am On Mar 31, 2012
ebonyvibe: at the point you know if you marry this man with this behaviour cos he wont change I cant live with it.

if you can endure the behaviour in marriage ride on if not break it now. A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage
gbam.... final answer dear

1 Like

Re: At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? by TerpeOjorobaby: 3:26pm On Jun 06, 2013
diva90: from the signs, you will always knw wen to walk away. i was once in an emotionally abusive relationship with a man who i deeply cared for, although he never regarded me as highly as i placed him. the red flags became too much, i weighed it all out, i realized the bad sides were more than the good sides. and yep! i made that bold step to let it all go. trust me, when it is time to move ahead, you will know. always pray for the strength, zeal and direction to know what next to do and to take the appropriate actions
yes dear, you are very right similar thing happened to me.i am very happy i decided to let it go and i feel very proud of my self.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obsessed With Large Asses Ever Since My Last Sexual Experience / Unload Your First Selfie For The Year 2017 / Couple Have Unclad Wedding Wearing Just A Veil And A Bow Tie (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.