Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,254 members, 7,829,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Horrible Romance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Horrible Romance (1747 Views)

Girls Share The Horrible Things Guys Have Done To Them / My Ordeal With A Handsome Guy And His Horrible Looking Big Pant / I Did Something Horrible Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Horrible Romance by Vicjustice: 9:13pm On Oct 10, 2011
Invalid
Re: Horrible Romance by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 10, 2011
Vicjustice:

I've observed that the majority of Nigerians do not know the Romance Languages:
   They use these words or terminology horribly wrongly:

*   Height: Most Nigerians don't really know their own height measurement yet, they described themselves with ridiculous height that either make them seem a Goliath or the ones that suggest they are a Mini: Imagine some women filling a form and describing themselves as 2.10m tall, or the men who describe themselves as 1.55m tall; (even you that are reading this, are you sure you know your height?)

*   Romance: This word is supposed to mean a relationship between two lovers, but Nigerians are misusing it in the stead of cuddling or caressing: imagine a statement like "we were in bed kissing and romansing"

*   Flirt: this word that it supposed to mean something elegant, classy and charming has been nastily misused and abused into slanderous meanings that now represents LovePeddler and pr0stitution; how often do we hear a guy saing, "I can never marry a woman who flirts around"

*   Love: The most (silly) misused word is the same most beautiful one and the queen of romance language, LOVE.  Now, a vast Nigerians use the word Love in the stead of desire or admire; hence a Nigerian man could start a conversation with a lady stranger by using the word "I love you"

*   Dating or Seeing someone: A lot of Nigerians would rather call it "Friending" or "be-friending" hense such statement could be made, "John is friending/befriending Stella" instead of, "John is dating/seeing Stella"

*   Likeness: this word that is supposed to mean looking-alike or resembling has been seriously misused in embarrassing manners even by the very well educated Nigerians who also are guilty of using the word "Likeness" in the stead of liking or being fond-of someone. A Nigerian would say, "What i have for her is only likeness, i don't love her.

*   Come for C'um: How ridiculous it is to hear a Nigerian saying "I came inside her"

I'm obfuscated! Where are the Romance Languages? And what makes them horrible? All i see are words, and your interpretation of them!
Re: Horrible Romance by slimyem: 9:50pm On Oct 10, 2011
sexkillz:

I'm obfuscated! Where are the Romance Languages? And what makes them horrible? All i see are words, and your interpretation of them!
u think it is just the op's interpretation of them?
My dear,it is what actually obtains amongst a sizeable number of nigerians these days(including the so called literates).
Meanwhile,i dont buy the classification of the words as 'Romance languages'.
Re: Horrible Romance by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 10, 2011
slimyem:

My dear,it is what actually obtains amongst a sizeable number of nigerians these days(including the so called literates).
I dont know why it's horrible, bearing in mind that Nigerians mix pidgin with English! Nigerians have never claimed to be speakers( spokers, sparkers) of queens english! More obfuscating to me is that he said Romance languages, and i saw words!
Re: Horrible Romance by Vicjustice: 10:03pm On Oct 10, 2011
slimyem:

I really appreciate that you too have observed these same blunders by Nigerians.
  As for the title, what do you suggest?
Re: Horrible Romance by Smilenw(f): 10:20pm On Oct 10, 2011
Sexkillz,
What exactly does obsfc, whateva mean?
Re: Horrible Romance by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 10, 2011
^^Confused, Bewildered! smiley
Re: Horrible Romance by Smilenw(f): 10:35pm On Oct 10, 2011
smiley
Re: Horrible Romance by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 10, 2011
smiley
Re: Horrible Romance by slimyem: 10:47pm On Oct 10, 2011
Vicjustice:

I really appreciate that you too have observed these same blunders by Nigerians.
  As for the title, what do you suggest?
i suggest'WORDS OFTEN WRONGLY MISINTERPRETED'
that's d best i can come up with right now.
Re: Horrible Romance by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2011
^^^ . . . . . . Romance Blunders! wink
Re: Horrible Romance by tellwisdom: 10:58pm On Oct 10, 2011
Psychiatric hospital is getting new customers soon sad sad
Re: Horrible Romance by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 10, 2011
Starting with the gallivanting hallucinating obscurant FOOL, above me!. . . smiley
Re: Horrible Romance by tellwisdom: 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2011
[size=25pt] ALBINOOOO with a flat head cheesy cheesy cheesy[/size]
Re: Horrible Romance by pkv(m): 6:06am On Oct 11, 2011
sexkillz:

Schizophrenic Ape with a coagulated Brain!. . .
how about d term b.i.t.c.h?!
Re: Horrible Romance by Vicjustice: 11:18am On Oct 11, 2011
slimyem:

i suggest'WORDS OFTEN WRONGLY MISINTERPRETED'
that's d best i can come up with right now.
Thanks for your suggestion; i actually gave it a thought, but there are mixed opinions, and some say it's cool
Re: Horrible Romance by bagodin(m): 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2011
this topic has no basis or what is the point of this Mills & Boon novel.
Re: Horrible Romance by pkv(m): 11:30pm On Oct 11, 2011
bagodin:

this topic has no basis or what is the point of this Mills & Boon novel.

i tire my broda
Re: Horrible Romance by Natasha2(f): 9:04pm On Oct 13, 2011
good job poster but uhm about the flirt
flirt also  means ''to behave toward somebody as if you find them sexually attractive without seriously wanting to have a relationship with them''

so if your gf flirts with guys hope would you'll take it likely?  cheesy

when we come down to ''flirtation'' you see that it means ''to have a short intimate relationship with somebody that is not taken seriously''
so I think they are not totally wrong to make that statement
Re: Horrible Romance by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 13, 2011
LOL @ poster putting his ppl on blast like that! grin
Re: Horrible Romance by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 14, 2011
Vicjustice:
   They use these words or terminologies horribly wrongly:

*   Romance: This word is supposed to mean a relationship between two lovers, but Nigerians are misusing it in the stead of cuddling or caressing: imagine a statement like "we were in bed kissing and romansing"

*   Love: The most (silly) misused word is the same most beautiful one and the queen of romance language, LOVE.  Now, a vast Nigerians use the word Love in the stead of desire or admire; hence a Nigerian man could start a conversation with a lady stranger by using the word "I love you"

3 gbosas. "Romancing" is quite hilarious. I never correct people when I hear it lol. As for the "L" word, I'm convinced there are quite a few Nigerians who do not know the meaning of love. It's simply a word they throw around to get someone in their arms/beds or to keep that person from leaving lol.
Re: Horrible Romance by MMM2(m): 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2011
op re u tipsy
Re: Horrible Romance by ronkebp(f): 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2011
@ Poster, that is what we call 'nigerian english', it is not wrong, just because they do not follow the dictionary examples when speaking, does not mean they are wrong.
Re: Horrible Romance by mcnikes(m): 5:11pm On Oct 14, 2011
Vicjustice:

They use these words or terminologies horribly wrongly

*   Flirt: this word that it supposed to represent something elegant, classy and charming (as its definition suggests: talk or behave amorously-in sexy manners, without serious intentions) has been nastily misused and abused into slanderous meanings that now represents LovePeddler and pr0stitution; how often do we hear a guy saing, "I can never marry a woman who flirts around"

*   Come for C'um: How ridiculous it is to hear a Nigerian saying "I came inside her"

Going by the true definition of a flirt, if someone says he doesn't want to marry a woman that flirts around, i do not think its wrong. There is no clear limit to the level of amorous acting one can engage in. Flirtin means acting amorously without serious intentions, and someone can take the art of flirting to the point of actually sleeping around. Check the true definition of AMOROUS.
Also Cum and Come can be used interchangeably. Check the definition of cum and try to read it to the end. You'll see something like "also Come". Meaning that Cum and Come mean the same.
I agree with the Poster on the rest.
@OP try and check your facts well before you act like a know-it-all.
Re: Horrible Romance by mcnikes(m): 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2011
Vicjustice:

They use these words or terminologies horribly wrongly

*   Flirt: this word that it supposed to represent something elegant, classy and charming (as its definition suggests: talk or behave amorously-in sexy manners, without serious intentions) has been nastily misused and abused into slanderous meanings that now represents LovePeddler and pr0stitution; how often do we hear a guy saing, "I can never marry a woman who flirts around"

Going by the true definition of a flirt, if someone says he doesn't want to marry a woman that flirts around, i do not think its wrong. There is no clear limit to the level of amorous acting one can engage in. Flirtin means acting amorously without serious intentions, and someone can take the art of flirting to the point of actually sleeping around. Check the true definition of AMOROUS.
Also Cum and Come can be used interchangeably. Check the definition of cum and try to read it to the end. You'll see something like "also Come". Meaning that Cum and Come mean the same.
I agree with the Poster on the rest.
@OP try and check your facts well before you act like a know-it-all.
Re: Horrible Romance by mcnikes(m): 5:21pm On Oct 14, 2011
@OP, If you were so intelligent afterall, you should also know that two adverbs, "horribly wrongly", are not used together without a comma. And don't end sentences, the way you used them.
Re: Horrible Romance by Vicjustice: 2:46pm On Nov 11, 2011
What normal person is supposed to take offence of this ? Nigerians for you embarassed
Re: Horrible Romance by r231(m): 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2011
SUBSCRIBING grin
Re: Horrible Romance by Basildon1(m): 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2011
misleading topic!
Re: Horrible Romance by ebonyvibe(f): 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2011
k

(1) (Reply)

Romance Section Is The Best. / She Really Luv Me But: / Why Do Young Girls Of 20 Liken Old Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.