Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties (43347 Views)

World Reacts As Missiles Rain Explosions On Ukrainian Cities / Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi / Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by Pinkybush: 10:14pm On Aug 04, 2023
This man is idiot. Look at how Russia and Ukraine are fighting, and no country has ever send military force to either side to fight. And this busy body drug Lord want to send military to fight a war he's not suppose to.
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by OdefaGirl(f): 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2023
Nazgul:

I'm not an Abacha defender. But if you believe that Abacha is the only thief that ruled this country, I have nothing more to say to you.

So you just typed all that without having facts or what? You said he never toured America or UK, so I asked... How did his loots get over there
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by Nazgul: 10:35pm On Aug 04, 2023
OdefaGirl:
So you just typed all that without having facts or what? You said he never toured America or UK, so I asked... How did his loots get over there
Abacha lost his international privileges after executing Ken Sarwo Wiwa. This was because, the international community begged him to spare him, even the Pope came to Nigeria to talk to Abacha. But Abacha killed him along with some of his said conspirators.

After the execution, the US placed several sanctions on Nigeria, making it impossible for senior military officers to travel to the west.

As for his loot, Oyibo people don't reason like we Africans. That money was a boost to their economy, so they allowed it.

2 Likes

Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by Melagros(m): 10:53pm On Aug 04, 2023
Lastmankc:
I prefer military regime.Democray in Africa and Nigeria as a whole is rubbish
I dey tell you
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by MentalCase98: 11:06pm On Aug 04, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

That’s a good question. The West gets involved in countries that beg for handouts. France and the EU have cut all aid to Niger and the US will soon follow—it’ll be interesting to watch the military government in Nigeria operate with almost no money.
Have those grain shipments arrived? If they ever do, the military will seize and sell the grain—it’ll never reach the citizens.

I will lick your pussy front to back. From your clit to your ass crack. I know you want it. Please call me. I just wanna please you.

🤙 🤙 👅 👅 🍑
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by Fearyourcreator: 11:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
Lastmankc:
Small pikin
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by OyinO: 12:57am On Aug 05, 2023
Leave Niger and all other enslaved African colonies alone. Leave us alone. Fvck you guys! The game is over.

1 Like

Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by Fujiyama: 2:03am On Aug 05, 2023
Neddstark:
France should learn from Britain. They are awful colonialists, keeping their colonies in their control despite independence.

I see Cameroon as next.

^^^
Learn from Britain?! The British never left 'Nigeria' - they are still very much in control. They are just less obvious about it.
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by skukimania(f): 7:24am On Aug 05, 2023
TERMlNATOR:
Nigeria should do quick and invade niger.
I hope when niger strikes back, thier bombs no go reach me for south.
The war go be between northern nigeria and niger.

Aboki Civil War grin grin grin grin grin

And you think the abokis won’t move in drove to your safe haven down south? Continue!
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by thegrinch(m): 9:31am On Aug 05, 2023
Lastmankc:

Spoken like the child that you truly are.
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by Nairas2dollars: 10:17am On Aug 05, 2023
talk2hb1:
I don’t like the coup neither do I like the France Control on their country

Stop sitting on the fence! Stop being indecisive. Only cunny people portray this behavioural phenomenon.
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by ubox: 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2023
sangresan:
Carrington served as the U.S. Ambassador to Senegal from 1980 to 1981. He was appointed by U.S. President Bill Clinton in 1993 as the U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria, where he remained until 1997.[5] His ties to Nigeria were deep; he had married into a Nigerian family[6] and had lived in three Nigerian cities since the late 1960s.[7]

This man served as the U.S. ambassador to Nigeria till 1997.

Saro Wiwa died in 1995. So when did the U.S. close their embassy in Nigeria?

You know, many of you parrot fallacies on social media. Read books, you won't. Consult elders, you won't.

Walter Carrington VI, na that one i know
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by talk2hb1(m): 2:10pm On Aug 05, 2023
Nairas2dollars:

Stop sitting on the fence! Stop being indecisive. Only cunny people portray this behavioural phenomenon.
This is your own opinion and that is my own opinion!
Freedom of opinion!!!
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by Nigeriagood(m): 4:20pm On Aug 05, 2023
PepeXKermit:

The one wey our civilian politicians don theif till date nko?
exactly no one is a saint
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by bluecircle470: 4:59pm On Aug 05, 2023
mariovito:
All I see here is proxy war Nigeria should not be involved with.

The first principle of international relations is to answer the "what's in it for me" question.

What is Nigeria's gain in this venture?

Ellupee!
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by mariovito(m): 10:03pm On Aug 05, 2023
74!

What else?

But did you read the news this evening?

Are you aware that the National assembly has denied Balablue's request to invade Niger?

Or are you calling the national assembly (led by Akpabio an APC man) Ellupee?

bluecircle470:

Ellupee!
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by juman(m): 10:54am On Aug 06, 2023
French president is lagosian.
Nigerian president is also lagosian that is the link.
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by juman(m): 11:02am On Aug 06, 2023
Tinubu is bragadoing niger also to please buhari.
If buhari was the president, he would have done everything possible to bring his friend back to power.

But you know what goes around comes around, buhari failed to build a strong security system, our military is as weak as puffpuff.
So when nigeria threatened niger, they laughed it off because they know Nigerian military that cannot defeat boko haram nor bandit cannot defeat them.
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by Procashtips(m): 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by zumbigbo(m): 11:55pm On Aug 10, 2023
Nazgul:
This is one of the reasons why despite everything people say about Abacha, he still remains one of Nigeria's best leaders for me.

During his tenure, US, Britain, France...etc, all closed down their embassies in Nigeria and left.

Abacha's children schooled here in Nigeria. Abacha himself never toured Europe and America, he ruled in Nigeria, lived in Nigeria and died in Nigeria.

It's good to see other African countries getting rid of European parasites. They don't mean well for you. All they do is come to your country, build their military base, find a way of accessing your resources and ship it back to their country whilst leaving you in abject poverty.

Abacha was a corrupt despot. When the scales are weighed, his tenure was horrific for the country.
Re: France reacts as Niger Severs Military Ties by DonroxyII: 7:17pm On Aug 11, 2023
mariovito:
All I see here is proxy war Nigeria should not be involved with.

The first principle of international relations is to answer the "what's in it for me" question.

What is Nigeria's gain in this venture?
They are our Neighbours & Brother ...
Their Sneeze will lead to Catarrh for us ...

Before dey blow dem virus come our side, we need to show big brother!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Former US President, Jimmy Carter Enters Hospice Care / Israeli Army Says It Finds Tunnel, Weapons At Gaza's Al Shifa Hospital / Kamala Harris Calls Joe Biden To Congratulate Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.