Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson (23170 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Should Remember His Stand In 2012 - Ajaero / What Are Buhari's Legacies Bola Tinubu Wants To Continue If Voted Into Power? / Henry Ajomale: Tinubu Wants To Serve, Atiku Only Interested In Acquiring Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by ijustdey: 10:13pm On Aug 04, 2023
Minimum Wage: Workers Should Expect Double Of Current Salary – Tinubu’s Spokesperson

The special adviser on media and publicity to President Bola Tinubu, Ajuri Ngelale, has said that workers should expect nothing less than double of their current salary when the new minimum wage is implemented.

Ngelale stated this while discussing what the Tinubu administration is doing to cushion the effect of subsidy removal during an interview on Channels TV’s Politics Today.

He said, “I don’t want to preempt the president or the work of the minimum wage committee that is getting it down in those states, but what I would say is this: the president will want nothing less than a doubling. I mean doubling of the current minimum wage.

As of June 36 states have received N300 billion more than they had received in any previous month in the last two years. They already have more money right now.

“The federal government on its part is making sure it brings down the cost food and energy by supporting transport companies and coming up with agriculture intervention as well as SMEs capitalization. States have all agreed during the last NEC meeting that they would support new minimum wage.”

https://dailytrust.com/minimum-wage-workers-should-expect-double-of-current-salary-tinubus-spokesperson/

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by TemplarLandry: 10:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
cool #RenewedHope

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2023
They will still complain.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Ebubu3: 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
N60k? That’s too poor

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by jonapeters: 11:18pm On Aug 04, 2023
This us a good development if true

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Kukutente23: 11:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
ijustdey:

Minimum Wage: Workers Should Expect Double Of Current Salary – Tinubu’s Spokesperson

The special adviser on media and publicity to President Bola Tinubu, Ajuri Ngelale, said that workers should expect nothing less a...

https://dailytrust.com/minimum-wage-workers-should-expect-double-of-current-salary-tinubus-spokesperson/

Nlfpmod
That's rubbish.
If shouldn't be less than 80k. 60k is too low for current realities

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Kukutente23: 11:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
They will still complain.
I thought you said you're rich.
Does 60k look like good money to you?
How much do you fill your tank even if audio?

For those quoting me with wild claims of the salaries of other workers being doubled automatically, at least be patient enough to ask any civil servant or even private sector employee you know how minium wage works before you start coming online to say nonsense.

79 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:08am On Aug 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

Am not rich am wealthy. They are two different things.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by helinues: 7:09am On Aug 05, 2023
Toh
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by helinues: 7:10am On Aug 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

Go and steal maggi of ordinary N10 for market and see how people would react

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Formularcr7: 7:12am On Aug 05, 2023
Good one My presi

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Kukutente23: 7:19am On Aug 05, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Am not rich am wealthy. They are two different things.
You're just a troll
You're not rich, you're wealthy. It means you have audio money.
It is well

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:21am On Aug 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

You're just a troll
You're not rich, you're wealthy. It means you have audio money.
It is well

Wealth starts with having common sense then everything else.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Kukutente23: 7:21am On Aug 05, 2023
helinues:

Go and steak maggi of ordinary N10 for market and see how people would react
You'll see people stealing that N10 Maggi if you pay people far less than is sufficient to survive.
If you want to avoid such occurrences, pay people a decent wage

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by helinues: 7:22am On Aug 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

You'll see people stealing that N10 Maggi if you pay people far less than is sufficient to survive.
If you want to avoid such occurrences, pay people a decent wage

Sebi everyone na government workers bah?

undecided

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Kukutente23: 7:22am On Aug 05, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

It be wealthy starts with having common sense then everything else.
Lol. Common sense and you're butt licking politicians and defending them.
Your common sense is not common

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Kukutente23: 7:24am On Aug 05, 2023
helinues:

Sebi everyone na government workers bah?

undecided
The more reason why you need a minimum wage. Non-govt workers are at higher risk of exploitation without a decent minimum wage

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by helinues: 7:26am On Aug 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

The more reason why you need a minimum wage. Non-govt workers are at higher risk of exploitation without a decent minimum wage

And yet you dey accuse someone above of being a troll.

There shouldn't have been anything related to armed robbery in USA as the Us govt workers are getting standard minimum wage.

Una go just wan argue for argue sake. So N60k no be also money to you, cos that's the genesis of this conversation

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:28am On Aug 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

Lol. Common sense and you're butt licking politicians and defending them.
Your common sense is not common
grin lol... that's why i didn't 'WASTE' my vote. That is common sense. Those without it have been crying and wailing over a failure the chose as their candidate. cheesy

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Kukutente23: 7:29am On Aug 05, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

grin lol... that's why i didn't 'WASTE' my vote. That is common sense. Those without it have been crying and wailing. cheesy
But you did waste your vote. You claimed to have voted Obi. Sometimes you lie so much you simply forget your last lie

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Kukutente23: 7:32am On Aug 05, 2023
helinues:

And yet you dey accuse someone above of being a troll.

There shouldn't have been anything related to armed robbery in USA as the Us govt workers are getting standard minimum wage.

Una go just wan argue for argue sake. So N60k no be also money to you, cos that's the genesis of this conversation
What is trolling in my post? If it's getting too complex for your brain, kindly drop it.
Who said armed robbery will stop with minimum wage? You're the one who brought robbery into the topic not me.
60k in this economy for minimum wage is simply ridiculous.
Minimum wage is not an instrument used to prevent robbery. Rather, it's to give workers a decent standard of life.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:34am On Aug 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

But you did waste your vote. You claimed to have voted Obi. Sometimes you lie so much you simply forget your last lie

That is where you got it all wrong. I didn't vote Obi. I only supported Obi. And stopped supporting him since Tinubu became President. Most of us Obi supporters don't even have voters card this you should know.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by easzypeaszy(m): 7:35am On Aug 05, 2023
Ebubu3:
N60k? That’s too poor
My salary back den wt a private company was 15k but my take home was 75k monthly.
Usually level 8 in Lagos get about 125k so the take home can be 155k if na Buhari dan man will nvr listen.
All of use are insulting Tinubu now bc dude is frm the South.. Northern leaders don't care like Buhari

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by helinues: 7:37am On Aug 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

What is trolling in my post? If it's getting too complex for your brain, kindly drop it.
Who said armed robbery will stop with minimum wage? You're the one who brought robbery into the topic not me.
60k in this economy for minimum wage is simply ridiculous.
Minimum wage is not an instrument used to prevent robbery. Rather, it's to give workers a decent standard of life.

Kukutente23:

No be the genesis of this my conversation with you be that?

If workers are currently being paid N30k monthly and government want to increase it to N60k, isn't quarter better than nothing ?

Why ridiculing the amount? If a thief can be lynched for stealing N10 maggi, then N60k no be child play

18 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Akaegwu(m): 7:40am On Aug 05, 2023
For government workers.Factory worker and casual workers hunger will be your best bestie grin shocked embarassed[b][/b]
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Brendaniel: 7:44am On Aug 05, 2023
easzypeaszy:
My salary back den wt a private company was 15k but my take home was 75k monthly.
Usually level 8 in Lagos get about 125k so the take home can be 155k if na Buhari dan man will nvr listen.
All of use are insulting Tinubu now bc dude is frm the South.. Northern leaders don't care like Buhari

Oga, Igbos always attacked Buhari when he did wrong, but most of you Yorubas always attacked the Igbos for doing that.

Look at the hypocrisy in your statement...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Akaegwu(m): 7:48am On Aug 05, 2023
That west region and hypocrisy have no match
Brendaniel:

Oga, Igbos always attacked Buhari when he did wrong, but most of you Yorubas always attacked the Igbos for doing that.

Look at he hypocrisy in your statement...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Kukutente23: 8:01am On Aug 05, 2023
helinues:

No be the genesis of this my conversation with you be that?

If workers are currently being paid N30k monthly and government want to increase it to N60k, isn't quarter better than nothing ?

Why ridiculing the amount? If a thief can be lynched for stealing N10 maggi, then N60k no be child play
Will N10 Maggi do anything for the thief that was lynched? Same people who lynch a thief who stole N10 Maggi praise and worship a thief who stole 10bn. The difference is not in the volume stolen, it's in the accessibility of the thief to the killers. If we go by your logic, everyone who has ever stolen anything should be cold in their graves right now.

The idea of minimum wage is not a bambiala idea. It's not charity or alms giving where you apply the half bread is better than none principle. It's about an economically viable base line that ensures that workers live above the poverty line and afford a decent life. Just cause your leaders have made it a bargaining chip for political mileage does not mean its a favour being offered the less privileged. Far from it, it's what is determined to be sufficient compensation for labour in an economy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Kukutente23: 8:02am On Aug 05, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

That is where you got it all wrong. I didn't vote Obi. I only supported Obi. And stopped supporting him since Tinubu became President. Most of us Obi supporters don't even have voters card this you should know.
Ok. You wasted your "support".

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 05, 2023
ijustdey:

The special adviser on media and publicity to President Bola Tinubu, Ajuri Ngelale, said that workers should expect nothing less a...

Nlfpmod

Good news for workers

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:39am On Aug 05, 2023
Increasing is not d solution
Make d present one valuable by adding value to naira against d dollar
N fix the refinary

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption / Jonathan May Be Screened Today By APC, Despite Presidency’s Denial - LEADERSHIP / Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.