Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,373 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson (23169 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Should Remember His Stand In 2012 - Ajaero / What Are Buhari's Legacies Bola Tinubu Wants To Continue If Voted Into Power? / Henry Ajomale: Tinubu Wants To Serve, Atiku Only Interested In Acquiring Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by shinealight(m): 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

I thought you said you're rich.
Does 60k look like good money to you?
How much do you fill your tank even if audio?

For those quoting me with wild claims of the salaries of other workers being doubled automatically, at least be patient enough to ask any civil servant or even private sector employee you know how minium wage works before you start coming online to say nonsense.

What tank are you talking about? Which tank is the person on minimum wage filling….if he’s cutting his coat according to his size?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by BOYS2MEN: 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2023
Na maggi u go use give example while ur pay masters are stealing from the nation's financial coven.....are you normal?
helinues:

Go and steal maggi of ordinary N10 for market and see how people would react

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by BOYS2MEN: 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2023
How many of your pay masters have been lynched for the billions they have looted Honestly the day u go return to mother earth..it would be a better place...you too toxic, trolls and sentiments apart
helinues:

No be the genesis of this my conversation with you be that?

If workers are currently being paid N30k monthly and government want to increase it to N60k, isn't quarter better than nothing ?

Why ridiculing the amount? If a thief can be lynched for stealing N10 maggi, then N60k no be child play
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Calitoscassius(m): 1:19pm On Aug 05, 2023
johnjose68:

Ode, exposing himself...because you wear 100k shoe.. the FG should increase minimum wage to 100k or 200k?

So if you start wearing 500k shoe, what should the FG do
Yea, infact my shoes are worth more than 500k grin grin grin just because you are poor doesn't mean everyone should be poor or must be poor.

You are so full with envy and emotion you failed to understand my previous comments, i would like you to point out where i said FG should increase wages to 100k or 200k grin

And what is wrong if people are paid 100k or even 200k? Afterall how much is politicians wages in Naigeria? They pay themselves millions every months.

Please, what does Ode mean? grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by yommen: 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
They will still complain.

They will o, see the guy below you!!!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by yommen: 2:15pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

That's rubbish.
If shouldn't be less than 80k. 60k is too low for current realities

If he nor do, you complain. He do, you complain. If he no do, nothing will happen. So why not appreciate that he is even doing?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Kukutente23: 2:19pm On Aug 05, 2023
yommen:

If he nor do, you complain. He do, you complain. If he no do, nothing will happen. So why not appreciate that he is even doing?
Don't be a zombie
Wetin he do wey I complain?
Is 60k realistic?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by HoneySwag(f): 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2023
Shady92:
Its not like that. Secondary school leavers start on level 3, diploma 5. So no officer start with level 1 . On the issue of doubling other pples salary, it doesnt work like that also, the govt will fix a percentage increase from level 7 to 15. Imagine a director earning 500k and u want to double his salary. The highest he can get will be 20 to 30percent.
Just because you've never come across someone in grade level 1 doesn't me there aren't there. The civil service scheme has it, so that's what I'm following. If you had read my write up very well, I didn't say other levels salary were going to be doubled, I said there will be increment.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by lomprico(m): 3:48pm On Aug 05, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I don chop agbado.

Good zombie
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by tsdarkside(m): 4:43pm On Aug 05, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
They will still complain.

na them sabi....

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by fortunejum: 6:01pm On Aug 05, 2023
100k would have look like a living wage. Anything less than that to me is a minimum wage. My opinion.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by delkuf(m): 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2023
easzypeaszy:
My salary back den wt a private company was 15k but my take home was 75k monthly.
Usually level 8 in Lagos get about 125k so the take home can be 155k if na Buhari dan man will nvr listen.
All of use are insulting Tinubu now bc dude is frm the South.. Northern leaders don't care like Buhari
level 8 will get 155k. Na you be sanwo olu abi. Presently level 8 in Lagos state is earning 75-80k a month. So even with this 60k, a level 8 office 100-105k
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by oneMalik: 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2023
that's why you're to support govt effort .... I started with 2k in 2010 and never look back.

so pls let people try ... whoever can't try should learn to settle for whatever is available

Kukutente23:

5k at least
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Kukutente23: 9:27pm On Aug 05, 2023
oneMalik:
that's why you're to support govt effort .... I started with 2k in 2010 and never look back.

so pls let people try ... whoever can't try should learn to settle for whatever is available

2k in 2010 is worth 10k now
But we're talking about salary earners here not businesses
It is same salary earners that have disposable income which they spend to move businesses.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Shady92(m): 11:11pm On Aug 05, 2023
Madam, nobody start civil service with level 1. Its level 3. Some agencies start with level 4.stop arguing on something you dont know about.
HoneySwag:

Just because you've never come across someone in grade level 1 doesn't me there aren't there. The civil service scheme has it, so that's what I'm following. If you had read my write up very well, I didn't say other levels salary were going to be doubled, I said there will be increment.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by delkuf(m): 11:51pm On Aug 05, 2023
DeOTR:

Nigerian minimum wage is not 30k though.
For a low income family of 5, 72k is enough to feed, except you want to do pass your pockets. For God's sake, we have people earning less right now and they are not stealing yet.
guy you keep saying this thing and I wonder how it will be possible. Do you know how much a bag of rice is presently. The price of things has tripled and you are saying 72k is enough to feed family of five.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by zionstaar75: 2:49am On Aug 06, 2023
Kukutente23:

First, you are not a husband and father.
Secondly, i don't know your living standard but I can already imagine if 72K feeds you and your audio family a month
Third which country is paying 36k minimum wage?
there's no need to argue with someone like you, your life is here while I live in the real world and believe me I'm living a good life
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Kukutente23: 7:40am On Aug 06, 2023
zionstaar75:
there's no need to argue with someone like you, your life is here while I live in the real world and believe me I'm living a good life
Yeah. I guess I'm a robot.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:31am On Aug 06, 2023
UnfairLife7:
lol who told level 8 in FG civil servant earn 240k? Very few parastatals earning such amount. Most ministry if not all do not earn more than 70-80k as level 8.

Also, increment of minimum wage doesn't mean government workers salary will be doubled or triple. There are ways in doing that. All those figures you put up there are mere fallacy. No government workers under level 14 earn close to 450k at FG level.
If I'm not a FG government worker, I would have believed you 🤦 You conveniently lie to people about how much people that works in ministries earn even though you don't even have a first hand knowledge of that. That's sad. DM me privately and I'll give you a snapshot of my last salary as a level 12 officer of my local government ministry.
The mere fact that a lot of us complain about poor pay us not because we don't get paid well, it's because inflation makes our take home look like nothing.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by DeOTR: 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2023
delkuf:
guy you keep saying this thing and I wonder how it will be possible. Do you know how much a bag of rice is presently. The price of things has tripled and you are saying 72k is enough to feed family of five.
It's not only rice people eat na. Besides, a bag of rice is still below 40k where I live and I don't think a family of 5 can finish a bag of rice within a month.
People still eat other things like semo, noodles, spaghetti, garri, and so on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) / Amnesty To FG: Suspension Of Twitter Unlawful, Reverse It Immediately / Arase Dismisses 50 Policemen For Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.