Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson (23173 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Should Remember His Stand In 2012 - Ajaero / What Are Buhari's Legacies Bola Tinubu Wants To Continue If Voted Into Power? / Henry Ajomale: Tinubu Wants To Serve, Atiku Only Interested In Acquiring Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Kukutente23: 10:29am On Aug 05, 2023
johnjose68:

Speak with intelligence at least for once...so na people wey get car dey collect minimum wage

This is the salary for cleaners, domestic servants, etc. Meaning that other people at higher levels will also have double effect in their salary, for example, someone earning 800,000 may possibly be getting 1.6 million. Hope your skull can assimilate that analysis.

Even if the president decides to pay one billion naira as minimum wage, the failure in you will still jump out to complain 😭

Hope obi has found his tweeting phone
Double effect on salary grin cheesy
Where are you ignoramus springing out from?
Seems today is world ignoramus day
And yet you're trolling Obi with your ignorance sad

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Kukutente23: 10:31am On Aug 05, 2023
Kilometres:

Minimum wage means the least for the least level staff.
So someone on grade level 01 will receive N60,000 but guess what? There's no govt staff that is on grade level 01.

So, with the new development... anyone earning N100k will get double
Another one
Who told you this rubbish that all other staff will get double? Where's this coming from

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by HoneySwag(f): 10:32am On Aug 05, 2023
Kilometres:

Minimum wage means the least for the least level staff.
So someone on grade level 01 will receive N60,000 but guess what? There's no govt staff that is on grade level 01.

So, with the new development... anyone earning N100k will get double
There are govt staff that are in grade level 1, they are school cert/ OND holders. From grade level 1 - 5 are junior staff, so the least salary of someone in grade level 1 step 1 will be 60k.
That doesn't mean the salary will be doubled for every other level ok, it only means there will be increment in all salaries of govt staff.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Iamfehleex: 10:49am On Aug 05, 2023
Subsidy removal is very harsh on Nigeria citizens.
That means we all need an extra income for living.
And I recommend you guys to try out THE BE RICH PROJECT!

You get to earn extra income for yourself and live a comfortable life😊
You can check them out!
https://instagram.com/be_rich_africa?igshid=OGQ5ZDc2ODk2ZA

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by zionstaar75: 10:54am On Aug 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

Will N10 Maggi do anything for the thief that was lynched? Same people who lynch a thief who stole N10 Maggi praise and worship a thief who stole 10bn. The difference is not in the volume stolen, it's in the accessibility of the thief to the killers. If we go by your logic, everyone who has ever stolen anything should be cold in their graves right now.

The idea of minimum wage is not a bambiala idea. It's not charity or alms giving where you apply the half bread is better than none principle. It's about an economically viable base line that ensures that workers live above the poverty line and afford a decent life. Just cause your leaders have made it a bargaining chip for political mileage does not mean its a favour being offered the less privileged. Far from it, it's what is determined to be sufficient compensation for labour in an economy
I've been reading the nonsense you've been writing since. First 36 times 2 is 72 and not 60 in case you didn't go to school. I can tell u as a husband and father that 72k will decently feed a family of 5 for a month. Another of people here are not literate
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Drbarmes(m): 10:56am On Aug 05, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
Increasing is not d solution
Make d present one valuable by adding value to naira against d dollar
N fix the refinary

i disagree bro. the increase is needed while working on naira n refineries
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Kukutente23: 10:59am On Aug 05, 2023
zionstaar75:
I've been reading the nonsense you've been writing since. First 36 times 2 is 72 and not 60 in case you didn't go to school. I can tell u as a husband and father that 72k will decently feed a family of 5 for a month. Another of people here are not literate
First, you are not a husband and father.
Secondly, i don't know your living standard but I can already imagine if 72K feeds you and your audio family a month
Third which country is paying 36k minimum wage?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by rickleye: 11:00am On Aug 05, 2023
Again - why wasn’t the time taken to implement this and then remove subsidy by September. It’s been 3months and the poor are suffering and suffocating. The elected officials in their wisdom increased their salaries whilst their own people are suffering and dying .
Which way Nigeria ?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by miketayo(m): 11:00am On Aug 05, 2023
easzypeaszy:
My salary back den wt a private company was 15k but my take home was 75k monthly.
Usually level 8 in Lagos get about 125k so the take home can be 155k if na Buhari dan man will nvr listen.
All of use are insulting Tinubu now bc dude is frm the South.. Northern leaders don't care like Buhari

lmao, since when does level 8 get 125k ? and why is the take home more. Civil servants pay more tax than ur average worker. if your gross is 125k, your net will be around 100k

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by RealityGod: 11:03am On Aug 05, 2023
easzypeaszy:
My salary back den wt a private company was 15k but my take home was 75k monthly.
Usually level 8 in Lagos get about 125k so the take home can be 155k if na Buhari dan man will nvr listen.
All of use are insulting Tinubu now bc dude is frm the South.. Northern leaders don't care like Buhari

Is buhari a human being? We talk of people with conscience and you are mentioning buhari. Please, that part of the history of Nigeria will forever will erased if it were possible.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by QGist(m): 11:06am On Aug 05, 2023
Dear Mr President,

I thought it would reflect in my Salary which just got paid to me, but it wasn't reflected I still got my Normal monthly Pay.

When will you Double it?
We want actions!!!!!
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Shady92(m): 11:07am On Aug 05, 2023
Its not like that. Secondary school leavers start on level 3, diploma 5. So no officer start with level 1 . On the issue of doubling other pples salary, it doesnt work like that also, the govt will fix a percentage increase from level 7 to 15. Imagine a director earning 500k and u want to double his salary. The highest he can get will be 20 to 30percent.
HoneySwag:

There are govt staff that are in grade level 1, they are school cert/ OND holders. From grade level 1 - 5 are junior staff, so the least salary of someone in grade level 1 step 1 will be 60k.
That doesn't mean the salary will be doubled for every other level ok, it only means there will be increment in all salaries of govt staff.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by papamodico: 11:09am On Aug 05, 2023
ijustdey:
Minimum Wage: Workers Should Expect Double Of Current Salary – Tinubu’s Spokesperson

https://dailytrust.com/minimum-wage-workers-should-expect-double-of-current-salary-tinubus-spokesperson/
Let the state government do the needful
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by JDJDjD: 11:14am On Aug 05, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

That is where you got it all wrong. I didn't vote Obi. I only supported Obi. And stopped supporting him since Tinubu became President. Most of us Obi supporters don't even have voters card this you should know.
Another agenda for u guys to push
INEC recorded over 12million PVC collection and most were Obi supporters
I registered for PVC since 2018 and was give temporary but i never used it or even bothered to go collect the permanent card until Obi came into the folds

Majority of new PVC that was registered and collected were Obi supporters
So kindly speak for yourself
We know were u guys belong
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:18am On Aug 05, 2023
Ebubu3:
N60k? That’s too poor

How about people whose salary was 150k; that means 300k

Do you understand the minimum wage concept?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by John4B: 11:22am On Aug 05, 2023
NLC will not accept this
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by grandstar(m): 11:25am On Aug 05, 2023
A doubling is too much. An increase to 50k would have been more than sufficient.

This would adversely affect the value of the Naira, both in the short term and long term.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by elderororo1: 11:34am On Aug 05, 2023
That's rubbish I was expecting this from the capitalist Tinubu who cares about making money at expense of the suffering masses.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by frog12: 11:41am On Aug 05, 2023
ruling by sentiments grin grin
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Mosba: 11:44am On Aug 05, 2023
Tinubu may want it double, triple but there are huddles; the state governors some of whom are yet to fully implement the 30k minimum wage as well as private companies. To be realistic we should be expecting something like 45-50k new minimum wage. All the talks of 200k wage is a joke .
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by slowice(m): 11:47am On Aug 05, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
They will still complain.

Because it's still very poor..... That's prolly less than 80 dollars
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by twosquare(m): 11:56am On Aug 05, 2023
helinues:

No be the genesis of this my conversation with you be that?

If workers are currently being paid N30k monthly and government want to increase it to N60k, isn't quarter better than nothing ?

Why ridiculing the amount? If a thief can be lynched for stealing N10 maggi, then N60k no be child play
Don't mind him...I don't know what someone on a minimum wage is doing with a car. Public transport is cheaper.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Shady92(m): 11:57am On Aug 05, 2023
The state governors might agree with fg to double the minimum wage, but i doubt if they can afford to pay more than 40k. Those governors are something else.
Mosba:
Tinubu may want it double, triple but there are huddles; the state governors some of whom are yet to fully implement the 30k minimum wage as well as private companies. To be realistic we should be expecting something like 45-50k new minimum wage. All the talks of 200k wage is a joke .
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by tamdun: 12:01pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ebubu3:
N60k? That’s too poor
It's minimum,show me one govt that doubled minimum wage in the history of this country,nothing go pls una
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by tamdun: 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2023
Brendaniel:

Oga, Igbos always attacked Buhari when he did wrong, but most of you Yorubas always attacked the Igbos for doing that.

Look at the hypocrisy in your statement...
This one is a baby on social media,go to fb,twitter etc and see how ur people are disgracing themselves
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 12:05pm On Aug 05, 2023
ijustdey:
Minimum Wage: Workers Should Expect Double Of Current Salary – Tinubu’s Spokesperson

https://dailytrust.com/minimum-wage-workers-should-expect-double-of-current-salary-tinubus-spokesperson/
Audio assurance, audio till 2027. Nothing to offer from the Ebola Tinubu
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by Brendaniel: 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2023
tamdun:

This one is a baby on social media,go to fb,twitter etc and see how ur people are disgracing themselves

Oga shut up, you people called us wailers for 8 years because we spoke out on bad governance by Buhari, only to later accept after 8 years that Buhari was a terrible leader, you guys are doing the same thing for Tinubu now and you want us to take you people serious....
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by PS712: 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

I thought you said you're rich.
Does 60k look like good money to you?
How much do you fill your tank even if audio?

For those quoting me with wild claims of the salaries of other workers being doubled automatically, at least be patient enough to ask any civil servant or even private sector employee you know how minium wage works before you start coming online to say nonsense.
Don't mind the ignorant people. Minimum wage was N30000.00 with fuel (PMS pump price) at N145.00
In fact it was originally N30k minimum wage with PMS at N97.
Now it's taken to N540 and has gone up to N700, that's over 370% and 480% from the time it was raised above N145 per litre and people are celebrating proposed 100% increase in minimum wage. Isn't that madness?

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by DeOTR: 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kukutente23:

First, you are not a husband and father.
Secondly, i don't know your living standard but I can already imagine if 72K feeds you and your audio family a month
Third which country is paying 36k minimum wage?
Nigerian minimum wage is not 30k though.
For a low income family of 5, 72k is enough to feed, except you want to do pass your pockets. For God's sake, we have people earning less right now and they are not stealing yet.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by WORLDPEACE(m): 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
Increasing is not d solution
Make d present one valuable by adding value to naira against d dollar
N fix the refinary

What you are suggesting is reasonable. Your money becomes valuable through production. Having goods and services the rest of the world wants.

You are also right about the refineries.

But these two things are not things that will happen before end of the year. Well they say PH refinery would be ready by December. I believe they are working on it and they will do it but it won't come by December. I would say mid next year.

The salary increment is needed urgently. It has to be done before the other things take shape.

And a basic salary of 60k is not bad. allowances will still be added. I hope it's more than that though.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Wants Minimum Wage Doubled – Spokesperson by BOYS2MEN: 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2023
Wealthy with ur big head like SUFFERHEAD
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Am not rich am wealthy. They are two different things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark / PDP Is In Coma With No Doctor, Only β€˜Nurse Metuh’ Is Treating It – Senate Leader / Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.