Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

How Do I Handle Such A Boss - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Handle Such A Boss (16991 Views)

Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B / How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague / How Do I Handle My Female Colleague? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by Segzy19: 12:58pm On Aug 07, 2023
Put all your communications with the MD and any other relevant persons into writing, and you continue with your job.

Those records (written communications) are what will vindicate you if anything happens in future...

Don't resign for now except you have another job already....
Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by MICVOCT(m): 12:59pm On Aug 07, 2023
Put to effectiveness some level oh honesty, being the types of cannibal you're with, if it doesn't yield a result.

Resign if possible.

Playing to the tune may go wrong if you aren't in the system.
Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by livenija: 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2023
Soo u copy n paste, we should now do wat?
Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by danzaki63: 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2023
the best way to keep your job, is to prepare two sets of accounts, one the authentic and the other the doctored one. your boss should be made to pay some tax every month remit VAT ant PAYE. it may not be the actual but it is better to be paying than not paying at all. remember the tax office do not rely on audited reports these day since they know almost all the reporting accountants are bought. the first thing they ask for is your bank statements. a smart tax officer can prepare his tax returns based on your bank statements.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by Zigzagman: 1:06pm On Aug 07, 2023
grin
Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by Myer(m): 1:07pm On Aug 07, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Do not walk away if you have no alternative in this economy. Doing a proper report on why it pays to pay tax is the best option. Start looking for a better job in a responsible legal entity. The wrath of the law will definitely cut up with your MD sooner than he expect and he is going to pay.

It's well...how can an Accountant of an entity prepare the Audited Financial Statement of the same entity.....May God help ooo.. They always want Accountant to be doing everything. They dont even want to pay PROFESSIONAL PAYMENT AS SALARY

Seconded.
I'll just add that this may also be an opportunity to learn AFS. If not for the current job, but for the next.
He should be humble to learn as much from those he can learn and understudy from in that company. Know how to chew the meat and throw away the bone.

His integrity is commendable but he has to apply wisdom cos corruption has eaten deep into every nook and cranny of Nigeria's system and swallows people with integrity if care isn't taken.
So He should be as wise as a serpent while being as gentle as a dove.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by walex2(m): 1:12pm On Aug 07, 2023
Meerahbel:

Copied!
go to your FIRS office where your TIN is domiciled, ask for TIN update form, fill it accurately and use the company email address, email notification will be sent to you immediately, then you can login to tax promax and do your VAT return in the comfort of your office, apply for TCC on tax promax and your application will be queried based on what you said earlier that there was no record of VAT return, secondly failure to submit an audited account for the Year ended 31st December 2022 after June 30th 2023 attract a penalty of #60,000 each month. For how to go about filing on tax promax and how to reduce your penalty and get your tax clearance within 2 weeks you can send me a PM and my firm will have one on one engagement with your boss for my terms and conditions of service

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by BCISLTD: 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2023
Kaplan01:
But as the Finacial Accountant in the company, It is your duty and responsibily to prepare FS. What will the Auditor audit if there is no FS. Secondly there is way around it, get a contact in FIRS, brown envelop will do the rest.

The guy just graduated and obviously doesn't know anything
Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by BCISLTD: 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2023
Meerahbel:

Copied!

Get your office in order...applying or getting on TPM is extremely easy...ur problem is you are worrying Taces more than the Taxman....or even the actual tax payer....e be like u just graduated....seek advice from senior accountants that u know. With experience u should know everything you stated here are no issues

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by sisisioge: 1:41pm On Aug 07, 2023
Leave the company and look for job elsewhere. You dont have to worry your head over his lack of ethics biko.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by franchasofficia: 1:46pm On Aug 07, 2023
Paying tax in Nigeria to criminal leaders like the ones we have under APC ruling Nigeria since 2015 is a total waste of time.

Paying for the luxury of criminals parading themselves as politicians and leaders while looting the nation dry and adding zero value to the life of Nigerians angry
Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by chukkystar(m): 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2023
He knows nobody goes to jail for not paying tax here. U will be fined and once U negotiate the price will come down. If U know one or two big men U will go Scot free. Do what U can but know that as long as the penalties for Tax evasion aren't strictly enforced people will not be gingered to pay.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by Chineloani(f): 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2023
If you're not comfortable and constantly loose your mind, Fire your boss before you go kee person one day.

Don't tolerate nonsense too much.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by Ralph117: 3:41pm On Aug 07, 2023
Never rat on your boss you could be killed if you’re tired leave

zebszebs:
Rat on your boss. FIRS will give you a cut of the fine the company will pay.
You can then Japa from there or else, your goose will be cooked by you then ex-boss.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by membranus: 4:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
walex2:
go to your FIRS office where your TIN is domiciled, ask for TIN update form, fill it accurately and use the company email address, email notification will be sent to you immediately, then you can login to tax promax and do your VAT return in the comfort of your office, apply for TCC on tax promax and your application will be queried based on what you said earlier that there was no record of VAT return, secondly failure to submit an audited account for the Year ended 31st December 2022 after June 30th 2023 attract a penalty of #60,000 each month. For how to go about filing on tax promax and how to reduce your penalty and get your tax clearance within 2 weeks you can send me a PM and my firm will have one on one engagement with your boss for my terms and conditions of service

Best advice.
Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by Antai123(m): 4:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
Please may I ask few Questions
Be sincere, What is the name of your company, and where is it located?

The name of your company is enough, just get us the right spelling. Thanks
Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by BennyDGreat: 7:03pm On Aug 07, 2023
walex2:

Penalty of 60,000 a month. This is serious.
Honestly, Nigerians need to hold leaders accountable for paid taxes

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by Pojomojo: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2023
membranus:

Best advice.
*Monday Motivation*

Many people argue that they could have been more successful or they could have achieved more in life if they had more opportunities, capital, time, education, e.t.c. The list of excuse is endless.

But the truth is, the only limitation you have is the mind. It's never too late to start, even with the little resources you have.

In business, starting small is essential to gaining knowledge and momentum. Learning and restrategizing, growing gradually helps you build the skills and knowledge needed for a successful business.

Many successful businessmen started small and with a right mindset. Small steps will allow you to learn and gradually build up your skills and knowledge. You will make mistakes and learn from them without having to worry about the consequences of a large-scale failure.

Starting small will allow you to focus on the details and getting the basics right. You can take the time to perfect the details and ensure you aim for perfection (excellence). This will help you to avoid costly mistakes and ensure that your future projects are successful.

Test out your ideas and see what works and what doesn’t. No one gets it right in the first trial. The best of us have failed over and over again 🤫. Failure is not fatal if you don't give up.

Don't be afraid to test out different ideas to see which one works.

Start Now. There's no better time. Build momentum, improve on your skills and knowledge.

Stay motivated and focus on your goals. At the end of it all, you get a befitting reward.

#CREDITAL
Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by olalekan1(m): 7:54pm On Aug 07, 2023
Yes! As the accountant, you supposed to prepare the financial statements. It is from what you prepared that the auditor will begin his work and sign it if satisfied.

External auditors nowadays are making the finance team lazy.
Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by JakesAy: 8:26pm On Aug 07, 2023
I worked in a similar place.. he wasn't ready to do the right thing and what I did was to hands off tax issues and let the tax consultant do it.. I still advised him appropriately but didn't involve myself in their way of doing things till I left... this company wasn't paying any tax and wasn't ready to pay.. not even withholding tax.. I advised, dem no collect, I hands off .. and just monitor the tax consultant..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by pixey(m): 10:29pm On Aug 07, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Do not walk away if you have no alternative in this economy. Doing a proper report on why it pays to pay tax is the best option. Start looking for a better job in a responsible legal entity. The wrath of the law will definitely cut up with your MD sooner than he expect and he is going to pay.

It's well...how can an Accountant of an entity prepare the Audited Financial Statement of the same entity.....May God help ooo.. They always want Accountant to be doing everything. They dont even want to pay PROFESSIONAL PAYMENT AS SALARY
One man business I guess.Them done show me shege. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by Pacesetter2021: 10:56am On Aug 08, 2023
Interesting.
An Accountant can prepare an audited accounts however it's not ethical because an external body should do it since the process requires auditing the books of the accountant in charge.
Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by Meerahbel: 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2023
walex2:
Drop your email address
Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by Meerahbel: 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2023
When you financial statements do you mean
1. Income statement
2. Trial balance
3. General ledger
4. Statement of affairs
5. Fixed asset register
6. Capital allowance computation
7. Computation of CIT, kindly clarify because accountant provide the ingredients (1-7 above) auditor does the cooking and present the cooked meal (draft) to the MD
olalekan1:
Yes! As the accountant, you supposed to prepare the financial statements. It is from what you prepared that the auditor will begin his work and sign it if satisfied.

External auditors nowadays are making the finance team lazy.
Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by Ddonoflife(m): 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2023
chukkystar:
He knows nobody goes to jail for not paying tax here. U will be fined and once U negotiate the price will come down. If U know one or two big men U will go Scot free. Do what U can but know that as long as the penalties for Tax evasion aren't strictly enforced people will not be gingered to pay.
. Mr chukkystar..I just sent u an email
Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by Enyinne(f): 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2023
I'm trying to send u email . Drop ur official mail so i can communicate with u
walex2:
Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by walex2(m): 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2023
Enyinne:
I'm trying to send u email . Drop ur official mail so i can communicate with u
emmyassociates88@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by walex2(m): 4:22pm On Aug 09, 2023
Meerahbel:
Drop your email address
emmyassociates88@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by DonroxyII: 3:16am On Aug 10, 2023
Oyindamolah:

Self Review Ethical Issues!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle Such A Boss by IyaTola: 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2023
shocked
Kaplan01:
But as the Finacial Accountant in the company, It is your duty and responsibily to prepare FS. What will the Auditor audit if there is no FS. Secondly there is way around it, get a contact in FIRS, brown envelop will do the rest.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South African Senior Military Officer Dismissed Over Social Media Comment / How Acceptable Is B.ed Degree In Labour Market / My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.