Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

My Niger State Experience. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Niger State Experience. (29212 Views)

My Niger Experience. / N470 Million Niger Bridge Collapses In Dangana, Niger State / Twin Brothers Killed In Accident In Minna, Niger State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Niger State Experience. by yarimo(m): 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2023
[quote author=IconicR post=124924230][/quote]Not everything is vavulance. In terms of land . Niger state is the biggest state in Nigeria . In fact from tafa lga to agwara lga can't take you 10 or more hours just within the state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Nemesis0147(m): 5:35pm On Aug 06, 2023
yarimo:
Where did you read that from
he don edit am

2 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by yarimo(m): 5:41pm On Aug 06, 2023
Nemesis0147:
he don edit am
so where did he mention the money you mentioned

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Nemesis0147(m): 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2023
yarimo:
so where did he mention the money you mentioned
you didn’t see the image I just showed you?
I said he has edited it….

3 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by neutralmind: 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2023
Keep it up
Re: My Niger State Experience. by yarimo(m): 6:29pm On Aug 06, 2023
Nemesis0147:
you didn’t see the image I just showed you?
I said he has edited it….
you saw the amount before he edit it abi ? Oya provide it here
Re: My Niger State Experience. by Nice2023(m): 6:43pm On Aug 06, 2023
IconicR:
Niger state is not safe in recent times. I know what I'm saying

U are right very dangerous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Nemesis0147(m): 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2023
yarimo:
you saw the amount before he edit it abi ? Oya provide it here
oga free me!!

23 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by yarimo(m): 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2023
Nemesis0147:
oga free me!!
oya carry on
Re: My Niger State Experience. by Themainboy22: 7:13pm On Aug 06, 2023
Niger state is too big but sometimes I wonder if they have a governor or what are their elected leaders doing about the issue of bad roads?

you can drive for more than 8 hours non-stop on a completly bad and dilapilated roads, coupled empty large landmass/desert, that incase of emergency (kidnap or banditry attack), the'll be no escape route.

The goverment of Niger state and that of the other north west states especially Kebbi, should do something about the issue of bad roads.

6 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Asquare84(m): 7:52am On Aug 07, 2023
pedestal82:
First off no LGA called Kuvun in Niger state
Most likely it is Lavun LGA you went to.
You took a lot of risk traveling to Niger state. The Bida axis you took is one of the safest though.
Parts of Gurara is not safe.
But please if anybody tells you he intends to take to Kontagora, Mariga, Magama, Mashegu,Rijau, Rafi, Shiroro, Munya axis. My brother na death trap be that.

You are very correct I went to kontagora last week without knowing that it a kidnapper zone. Luckily I came back unharmed

2 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Sonnobax15(m): 1:59pm On Aug 09, 2023
cheesy
Omoh....this op just reminded me of 2016.

Suleja na really a nice city cha..... But one thing I really learnt was that most people who claims to be living in Abuja actually lives in Suleja,niger state...

10 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Britishcoins(m): 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2023
Every great man in Nigeria must visit Niger state.... That was where ojukwu was born, Azikiwe and many... That was where I also school

4 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Buharidgeneral: 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2023
hammed71:
he went toNiger state, not the country
Bros but the two dey dangerous oo

1 Like

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Alchemy528: 2:02pm On Aug 09, 2023
If you haven't gone places you won't tell a story

1 Like

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Judolisco(m): 2:03pm On Aug 09, 2023
Onlinefarmstore:
Long time NL family, its been a moment.

On the 4th of August, I received a call from someone that she needed a trailer of rice, that her suppliers where expensive for her and she wasn't making profit, before the close of the day I received request for two trailers

With all paying before the close of the day.

The quest for cheaper rice began......I called Gombe, Maiduguri, Kano,Sokoto & Benue, either the quality was poor, or they where expensive till someone mentioned Niger state, specifically Kunwa LGA (forgive the spelling), that's is in Zone B.

The hunt for rice began.

I made plans, to move from Abuja to Niger since I had earlier arrived Abuja for a meeting with someone the trip was agreed for 5th of August (the next day) by 7am.

By 7am the next day, armed with more than .... naira in cash, we began the journey.

The person that was supposed to take me was disappointingly late. Like WTF bro we agreed 7am, and I had called you by 6am to start coming bros.

When he finally arrived I asked what's the duration of the trip, that's was when we where told 6hrs, I was like wtf 😂 🤣 I taught it was a 1hr trip, get in and get out kind of stuff. Mehn! I had to restrategize.......Quickly getting food and water......as the guy arrived 44m late.

I was disappointed 😞 I hate lateness.

(First pictures shows my anger)

When we started the trip we had the option of a hilux or a corolla car. I choose the corolla (wanted to blend in- am going to an unfamiliar terrrin).

We stopped to fuel the car and I spent 42k to fill a corolla I normally fill with 12k before (last year oo).

Infact I snapped the fuel meter to show someone (picture 2).

Follow on Instagram: https://Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal
Niger is cool, I do travel from Abuja to minna every weekend for my msc program at Futminna... They farm alot... If u want rice you have to go a little futher down towards mokwa

2 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by ElSudani: 2:04pm On Aug 09, 2023
negaiyke:
Farming Contractors like the op are Silent Millionaires....

There's high risks but good money in Agricultural contractions

Well done op .. Stay Safe too

There's a lot of money in being a farmer as well. We just can't do it the old ways with hoe and cutlass anymore.
Agriculture will bring more money than oil, it doesn't finish or get out of fashion.

5 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Judolisco(m): 2:04pm On Aug 09, 2023
Buharidgeneral:

Bros but the two dey dangerous oo
dis place wey him dey no dangerous... We dey move 4 night 4 dis place sef enter Abuja

2 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by ahnie: 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2023
chudyprince:

that's why we are soliciting for Seun to start paying content creators on NL like other platforms too
Seconded

2 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by 7demons: 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2023
yarimo:
Bigger than the whole south east
You go quench soon. Bookmark this post and date.
It's a promise.

4 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Obansy112(m): 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2023
Onlinefarmstore:
From lambata I bought yams, etc then mandated my guys we move back to Abuja and a friend was kind enough to offer us a hilux of military men for close support and that was how we returned back to Abuja by 9pm......

This is my story of how I went to Niger to be told no rice.....now am booking my trip back to Maiduguri See you.
Guy i lived in Minna, Niger state, so next time contact me and i can get them and send to you without going tru all dz stress.

Follow us on Instagram: https://Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal
Re: My Niger State Experience. by Walz001: 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2023
Nice adventure

One of my hobbies in Life .... but money never dey to explore the world yet

1 Like

Re: My Niger State Experience. by adecz: 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
🆗, following
Re: My Niger State Experience. by oneclickng: 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2023
yarimo:
No doubts about that...but big for nothing state. Terrorists enclave.

7 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by nony43(m): 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2023
yarimo:

So? You obsessed with SE.

7 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by melonsgroup: 2:25pm On Aug 09, 2023
nony43:

So? You obsessed with SE.
He's a clown 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

4 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by alibiz: 2:25pm On Aug 09, 2023
In bauchi you can get it more cheaper
Re: My Niger State Experience. by Typing: 2:26pm On Aug 09, 2023
IconicR:
Careful ooo, Niger state is a dangerous zone now

The North is safer than East

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Typing: 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2023
Onlinefarmstore:
From Gurara LGA, we moved to a place called Pikorro (forgive the spelling), towards Minna, I was so hungry by now.....the person with me wasn't bordered at all. The food I had with me for no reason I forgot it.

In Pikorro we couldn't get what we where looking for we moved to Minna (I had made some contacts prior to today in Minna),........Disappointingly they where all in Abuja.

One thing you need to note is that once you are travelling and you have an opportunity to eat, please do...

In Minna we ate something (very hot food)...... then I was offered security (I rejected it)..... no be una wan drag attention to.

It is Paikoro

2 Likes

Re: My Niger State Experience. by Yusman316(m): 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2023
nitt:
Great topic.

What I have seen here and learnt also from experiences like yours is that there are a thousand and one opportunities for business minded Nigerians across the country.

It is also a fact that the infrastructure is seriously lacking such as efficient communication services, good, accessible roads, logistics issues, proper storage systems, lack of technical know-how, insecurity, safe accommodation during transit and proper awareness on both sides of producers and consumers in growing wealth.

If we had the basic infrastructure and security in place, nobody would be idle in this country because the opportunities abound everywhere in Nigeria.

It's just calls for the political will and men of foresight to explore and tap from Nigeria's potentials and riches.

It's unfortunate that ours is a sad story 😞
The kind of wealth making potential that lies with agriculture alone in this country ehn? But no political will. Our elected officials are something else. They are just comfortable sharing money they didn't work for. Imagine prices of grains soaring high in Nigeria because one country thousands of miles away blocked another country's route

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tola Ogundipe Is Dead Drowns In Lagos, Police Probe Aides / U.S Army Helicopter Crashes With 8 Soldiers On Board In Japan (Photos) / FG Extends Flight Ban By Four Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.