Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja (3380 Views)

Joro Olumofin: 17 Things To Watch Out For This DETTY December / CHINESE GIRL: 17 Things ThePianoGuy Should Know While In China [PICTURE] / 17 Things No Man Can Resist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja by Depriest2020: 6:52am On Aug 07, 2023
Hedonisco:

You likely live outskirts, you no dey inside town. Who told you that Jabi, Life Camp and Wuye are for the so-called middle class? Imagine lumping these areas with the likes of Nyanya and Dutse, lol.
Anyone that can comfortably rent house in kubwa can also live in Jabi and life camp.

1 Like

Re: 17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja by Hedonisco: 8:06am On Aug 07, 2023
Depriest2020:

Anyone that can comfortably rent house in kubwa can also live in Jabi and life camp.

You don't know what you're talking about man.
Re: 17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja by Karlifate: 8:29am On Aug 07, 2023
Sucre6:
Happy Sunday guys, so I saw his topic https://www.nairaland.com/7792709/want-survive-lagos-17-things hit front page and I decided to recreate it for Abuja my city.

1. Know the different between Galadima and Galadimawa, they sound alike but they are very far apart from each other more than 30 minutes drive, so if you mistake Galadima for Galadimawa, u go spend all your money paying transport that day be that 😅

Nice2023:
U didn't tell them Gwagwa and Gwagwalada aren't the same.

Tell them Abuja stopped at Nyanya.

That Mararaba is not in Abuja....it is in Nasarawa state.

cheesy

In addition, Jahi is different from Jabi.

Make Dem no carry you go where you no know.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja by Goodlady(f): 8:51am On Aug 07, 2023
JONSYN7154:
wetin carry u go WUSE2?
Hope it's not what am thinking.
Na wetin you think o. Your mom sef dey there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja by Sucre6: 9:32am On Aug 07, 2023
Goodlady:

Dear, you made my day. I ran away from a bag snatcher around Wuse 2 last Tuesday night.
I thought I was going to fall down as I ran away as he dey move towards me.
Abuja is beautiful. Jabi lake is the place to be at weekends. But don't stay late if you can't fight off crime especially if you are a lady. Many has been kidnapped or raped. More us to be done on security at night in Abuja. May we not be unfortunate, amen.

Amen oh
Re: 17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja by Sucre6: 9:36am On Aug 07, 2023
victory36:
You are making it sound like Abuja is a den of thieves. Not cool undecided

Well am only stating the obvious, should in case u come into town newly, those tips would be of great help
Re: 17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja by Yankee101: 9:54am On Aug 07, 2023
Nice advisory

1 Like

Re: 17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja by JONSYN7154: 10:16am On Aug 07, 2023
1Alex:
Abeg wetin dey happen for wuse2?
na olosho full there fir night 🌙

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja by Rahkman: 10:18am On Aug 07, 2023
1Alex:
Abeg wetin dey happen for wuse2?
ashawo headquarters

2 Likes

Re: 17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja by JONSYN7154: 10:18am On Aug 07, 2023
Goodlady:

Na wetin you think o. Your mom sef dey there.
e pain you?

But na question I ask o

1 Like

Re: 17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja by Candidlady: 3:02pm On Aug 07, 2023
JONSYN7154:
na olosho full there fir night 🌙

Sharap say what you know
Re: 17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja by JONSYN7154: 3:35pm On Aug 07, 2023
Candidlady:

Sharap say what you know
Thanks for the insult.
Re: 17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja by XAUBulls: 11:51am On Dec 15, 2023
Sucre6:
Happy Sunday guys, so I saw his topic https://www.nairaland.com/7792709/want-survive-lagos-17-things hit front page and I decided to recreate it for Abuja my city.

1. Know the different between Galadima and Galadimawa, they sound alike but they are very far apart from each other more than 30 minutes drive, so if you mistake Galadima for Galadimawa, u go spend all your money paying transport that day be that 😅.

2. Know the different between Jabi and Jahi, the distance between the two places no be
Be here and could easily be mistake for each other.

3. If you want to see the real beauty of Abuja, try driving inside town at night, say 2am, the peacefulness and beauty of Abuja will wow you

4. If you are driving, maybe taxi or your personal car, don't ever stop at Area 1 bridge for either dropping a passenger or picking up a friend, Agbero in the present of Police go force you pay more than 30k fine.

5. Don't buy food items inside town, ifs way expensive, rather take a bus from town to Mararaba orange market and get your food stuff from town there, there food items are relatively cheap, mostly farmers brings things there for sale.

6. Don't give your money to people that dress corporate with a crapy story of coming for an interview and don't have transport to go back home, the are lazy ass corporate beggars.

7. While going to mararaba, don't dress corporate, wear your ripped jeans and your head warmer and over seize shirt, this will keep area boys of you, if you dress corporate, and speak queens English when accosted them go obtain you real bad, them go nearly kidnap u self 😂😂.

8. While watching a game in a viewing center, if you notice the club you support isn't having much fans in the center, don't celebrate too much when your club is winning, the end result no dey funny 😂

9. Abuja has Area 1, 2, 3, no area 4, no area 5, no area 6 then Area 7, area 8, no area 9, then area 10, and area 11, Nah there e end, most fraudsters would send a novice that just came into Abuja to come for an interview in an existing address in Area where doesn't exist, like area 4 or 5, be wise.

10. If you ever gets missing, just find your way to wuse begger bridge or area 1 bridge, u can get a vehicle going anywhere in Abuja from there, even to Jericho self 😂

11. Don't drag with conductor if you are going to work, them go fight you spoil your cloths and ruin your day, always be friendly with them, most of them are nice until u want to pick up quarrel, just leave them, they got nothing to loose.

12. Don't use the pedestrian bridges at night Especially wuye finance bridge or area 3 bridges, Armed robbers would threaten to throw u off the bridge if u don't give them your belongings.

13. Don't engage in conversation while on transit with other unknown passengers, nah so them dey use kidnap people or steal their phones and ATM without them noticing, those people are pro in pick pocketing.

14. While dragging to enter a bus, be weary of your belongings, most people use the opportunity of people struggling to enter the bus to pick pocket you.

15. Don't argue politics in a newspaper stand or show your support for a preferred candidate that the majority don't like, you fit carry broken head or bloody nose go, no one is happy 😂.

16. Don't buy bathing soap, toothpast from Aboki, it's most likely not the original one, there Is a place that they make fake ones in Abuja that looks almost the same. And don't buy wine from a local shop, go to the wine shop instead.

17. Make sure you visit the zoo, Jabi lake mall, and explore the city, Abuja is deem beautiful, we have roof top coffee shops and roof top bush bars and swimming pools that will make u question if you are still in Nigeria, Abuja is a very sweet place just have money and you go ball like say u dey yankee 😇

Lastly know the different between Gwagwalada and Gwagwa, the distance from two different place far no be small from each other grin

Happy Sunday and enjoy your day guys.

Abeg take to the permanent site for wider view
Insightful.
Nice thread.
Re: 17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja by XAUBulls: 11:52am On Dec 15, 2023
Nice2023:
U didn't tell them Gwagwa and Gwagwalada aren't the same.

Tell them Abuja stopped at Nyanya.

That Mararaba is not in Abuja....it is in Nasarawa state.

Nice info.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja by XAUBulls: 12:35pm On Dec 15, 2023
Goodlady:

Dear, you made my day. I ran away from a bag snatcher around Wuse 2 last Tuesday night.
I thought I was going to fall down as I ran away as he dey move towards me.

Abuja is beautiful. Jabi lake is the place to be at weekends. But don't stay late if you can't fight off crime especially if you are a lady. Many has been kidnapped or raped. More is to be done on security at night in Abuja. May we not be unfortunate, amen.
You mean kidnappings and rapes occur around the serene Jabu lake area at night?
Gotta keep that in mind if I ever visit that place.

But the police and Intelligence agencies are not doing enough to deploy spy drones to monitor strategic areas that have recorded unusual criminal activities.
Re: 17 Things To Know If You Want To Survive Living In Abuja by XAUBulls: 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
Depriest2020:
In absence of area 4, 5 & 6, there's zone 4, 5 & 6.

If you're very wealthy Maitama, Gwarimpa, Asokoro, Jahi, Zone 4, Zone 5, Zone 6, Central Area, Ministers Hill, Mabushi, Apo and many more are for you.

If you fall to the middle class Jabi, life camp, Lugbe, Kubwa, gwagwalada, karu, Nyanya, Karshi, wuye, Dei-Dei saburi, Bwari, kwali, Dutse and more are for you.

If you dey manage life Karmo, gwagwa, idu, iddo, Anagada, Tungan maje, zuba and many more for you.
Insightful.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Looks Affect The Way We Trust A Babe/Guy? / My boyfriend wants my cousin / Nairaland Who Is Your Nairaland Bf/gf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.