Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. (15064 Views)

For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? / Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? / I Am Growing Fond Of My Neighbors Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by Eniolohunda: 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2023
It's becoming many Nigerian's culture, to borrow and never return. That's why this day, me will rather give what I can afford to loose than lending some people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by NovusHomo(m): 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2023
Bideni:
Please if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy
Acct num:
G.TBank Angela Oyom

Another "neighbor". grin

1 Like

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by placeofallure(f): 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2023
fineberry:
We all engage in borrow in one way or the other since no man is an island.......but Some
people own too muchgrin.

Share your thoughts about this.......How do you handle neighbors that borrow and. not want to return even though they know you're in need of that particular something.

Happy Sunday nl.

Where I live now, people don't borrow. You're in your apartment and you don't have anything to do with neighbours, we hardly see even. When we have issues to discuss, we do it on Whatsapp. There's a bank account that you pay utilities bill to, so you don't even connect based on that. Each to his own. We have staff that are in charge of maintenance and all that. Me, I mind my business a lot so I don't even have the mind to bond with any neighbour.

5 Likes

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by fineberry(m): 7:22pm On Aug 07, 2023
Where I stay is actually an hostel but not within the school campus. You might want to say haba.... student must borrow na....yes student must borrow; but this people own has weak me..... today somebody came to borrow sponge for watching plate imagine, this morning na lantern naim festus con borrow grin grin grin the one that borrowed my kettle I had to go nock on her door b4 she remember say she borrow something wahala
placeofallure:

Where I live now, people don't borrow. You're in your apartment and you don't have anything to do with neighbours, we hardly see even. When we have issues to discuss, we do it on Whatsapp. There's a bank account that you pay utilities bill to, so you don't even connect based on that. Each to his own. We have staff that are in charge of maintenance and all that. Me, I mind my business a lot so I don't even have the mind to bond with any neighbour.
Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by fineberry(m): 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2023
Eniolohunda:
It's becoming many Nigerian's culture, to borrow and never return. That's why this day, me will rather give what I can afford to loose than lending some people
one guy in my yard borrowed my stockings....shebi after using he is suppose to return.....he has refuse to return it, going to a week now..... people behaviour Shaa dey baffle me o. Sapa is really real o

1 Like

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by fineberry(m): 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
My resolve now o....I tell you.
Simpubozz:
lol that will be the end of lending my stuff to them that person
Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by fineberry(m): 7:34pm On Aug 07, 2023
UnfairLife7:
which kind people you get. I school in a public university and i didn't experience this
see me see wahala oo
Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by fineberry(m): 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2023
kaludestiny10:
My own na pressing iron. My neighbor go borrow the iron and will never return it back until I go knock for door. My clipper wey the man collect from me for over 6 months now, him no gree return am back. I kukuma go buy rechargeable clipper, na em the man come for that one na em I politely tell am say I no go share the clipper with him.
you try o, why borrow non family member a clipper....you bleep up o boss

3 Likes

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by fineberry(m): 7:47pm On Aug 07, 2023
Most times na pity pity dey do me o...well shaped No grin grin grin grin
AllBlack:
Very common. I find it easier to say a well shaped NO so as to avoid future stress.

1 Like

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by Pat081: 8:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
That means you are Pastor son of your roommate do not ask for it
fineberry:
Comdom ke grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by placeofallure(f): 8:36pm On Aug 07, 2023
fineberry:
Where I stay is actually an hostel but not within the school campus. You might want to say haba.... student must borrow na....yes student must borrow; but this people own has weak me..... today somebody came to borrow sponge for watching plate imagine, this morning na lantern naim festus con borrow grin grin grin the one that borrowed my kettle I had to go nock on her door b4 she remember say she borrow something wahala

Well, that's student life for you. When I was in school, I had everything I needed courtesy of my dad, my big sis who left things for me when she was leaving (we attended the same university) and my bf then, now hubby. These people ensured I never lack so you won't blame people that borrow, we're not all lucky.

My neighbours in school will borrow mirror, powder, needle, iron, knife, pot, onion, raw rice, I give out soup and all. A particular boy, whenever his gf is coming around, will borrow my well-cushioned chair, my fan and all. Me, wetin concern me? I just laugh.

4 Likes

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by MICVOCT(m): 9:19pm On Aug 07, 2023
Lend what you can afford to give!!!
Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by Goldbw122(m): 9:22pm On Aug 07, 2023
You identify them and when they ask, tell them "NO" and don't be mercifully ok
Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by Annahh(f): 9:49pm On Aug 07, 2023
You don't borrow my stuff and don't return it, I have a good memory, anyone that borrows my stuff I remember all and they must return it or I go to them to collect it.

2 Likes

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by fineberry(m): 9:53pm On Aug 07, 2023
That means you really enjoyed school life grin....lavida tinz. Even though fingers are not equal; moderation is key.
placeofallure:

Well, that's student life for you. When I was in school, I had everything I needed courtesy of my dad, my big sis who left things for me when she was leaving (we attended the same university) and my bf then, now hubby. These people ensured I never lack so you won't blame people that borrow, we're not all lucky.

My neighbours in school will borrow mirror, powder, needle, iron, knife, pot, onion, raw rice, I give out soup and all. A particular boy, whenever his gf is coming around, will borrow my well-cushioned chair, my fan and all. Me, wetin concern me? I just laugh.
Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by saintkeppy(m): 1:38am On Aug 08, 2023
dalass:

How did you know? Gas has nothing to measure it's contents or volume before or after grin

Act like you know, the WEIGHT before collecting &after returning the cylinder.

1 Like

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by FxExpo(m): 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2023
Be bold to go and ask for what is yours after all it's yours, I did it because suchlike neighbors are everywhere I have them too, before I realized all my simple tools and many other things I use in performing tasks were all gone and they Denny collecting while some they keep it for months. They thought me opposite of gentleness
Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by Kaffy2903(f): 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2023
Efisimilala:
Iya kafayat will borrow ifami and she will never return it why?
my mama no dey borrow things🙄🙄
I hate that habits ehhh my formal landlord's wife nearly finished all my kitchen utensils,borrow dis borrow dat,my umbrella dat was damaged in their hands are uncountable
that woman and her children are destroyer abeg

1 Like

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2023
Kaffy2903:
my mama no dey borrow things🙄🙄
I hate that habits ehhh my formal landlord's wife nearly finished all my kitchen utensils,borrow dis borrow dat,my umbrella dat was damaged in their hands are uncountable
that woman and her children are destroyer abeg

I feel what you feel too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilarious Photos Of Men Shopping With Their Wives, Can You Relate? / Guys, What Do You Consider To Be A Fair Dowry? / Need Help With CLOMID Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.