Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,361 members, 7,836,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community (24118 Views)

Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life / Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community / Electricity Distribution Company Past Questions And Answers For Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by BigDawsNet: 10:26am On Aug 07, 2023
Nigerians should not be afraid tp apply for a prepaid meter... it's will save you the energy of begging Phcn official everytime they show up
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by izubext007: 10:28am On Aug 07, 2023
chai Tinubu will make alot of mistake
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by Dwizeone: 10:29am On Aug 07, 2023
It looks like they are fixing new cables or new installation. However, left to Nigerians they don’t like to pay bills and want everything for free forgetting it’s a company and not a charity organization.
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by chatinent: 10:34am On Aug 07, 2023
As tho they give steady light.
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by Menclothing: 10:36am On Aug 07, 2023
This is Lagos
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by Valuepaints20(m): 10:36am On Aug 07, 2023
Ok
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by Tonabolin: 10:37am On Aug 07, 2023
Then a new pole shouldn't be far from the old pole. Is there any new pole there...
SVPROJECT:
That’s not an invasion, It shows they are transferring cables to a new pole which requires all of them work at the same time.
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by Jostoman: 10:39am On Aug 07, 2023
Aareakinwunmi:
They need to start giving out prepaid meters
something they are selling almost 80,000 naira
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by happney65: 10:42am On Aug 07, 2023
If they no dey pay,make them cut am comot.. Nigerians wey no like to dey pay gbese grin
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by AmotekunSW: 10:43am On Aug 07, 2023
They are working simultaneously to make installation as fast as possible.
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by neonly: 10:43am On Aug 07, 2023
Same thing happened in oworishoki in Lagos for d past 3 weeks now they not have power
And you say dis country is not lawless
Everybody flexing der muscle
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by Skillsnigeria: 10:48am On Aug 07, 2023
grin
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by johnpablo541(m): 10:48am On Aug 07, 2023
Kingosytex:
9ja too dey behind. What stops these guys from making the prepaid more available?
OK! I just remembered that they make outrageous money from this estimated and outdated format of theirs cheesy
Even Ghana here don too leave 9ja behind. Who still uses the archaic meter or climbs ladders to terminate electricity? 😂

We usually have 18 to 24 hrs of electricity supply daily at my location but some people still don't want to pay for power consumed.

My neighbour bypassed her meter some months ago and bragged about it some time ago that she has only filled her gas once this year.

Bottom line is most Nigerians want everything to be free. I even heard that some AEDC staff are the ones being paid to do the prepaid meter bypass.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by BennyDGreat: 10:50am On Aug 07, 2023
dapsoneh:
Many people like free things.. But the electricity companies sef no dey try, how many hours of light dem dey bring?

For them to come disconnect them...there a high possibility that area has light from time to time
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by Elliotwaveforec: 10:50am On Aug 07, 2023
Wetin concern me with NEPA? Make God provide make I upgrade to solar package that would carry my water pump.
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by MrsTwrite(f): 10:53am On Aug 07, 2023
I will be right back. angry
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by RaptorX: 10:59am On Aug 07, 2023
They should be dispatched to Niger with immediate effect to lead the vanguard of the impending Ecowas invasion.
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by scoobyblogspot(m): 11:02am On Aug 07, 2023
obembet:
Since I was born, I have never see Nepa invade a community like this.

What could be the cause ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iyJOuwdVHM

Source: @mufasatundeednut

Invansion bawo.. They are repairing or linking up light to another street na
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by Emeka71(m): 11:07am On Aug 07, 2023
Tonabolin:
Lol..
Guess they have been owing like forever.
But what is even wrong with the PHCN power supply because as of now; there is no longer light anywhere.
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by MESS11AH: 11:09am On Aug 07, 2023
If we want to disconnect a community, this is not how we do it.

Even if it's just street we want to disconnect, we will simply not transmit high voltage to their transformers for distribution.
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by Tonabolin: 11:10am On Aug 07, 2023
Well you are right but I'm sure that area must be having light before that boldness of invasion...
Emeka71:
But what is even wrong with the PHCN power supply because as of now; there is no longer light anywhere.
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by yommen: 11:39am On Aug 07, 2023
dapsoneh:
Many people like free things.. But the electricity companies sef no dey try, how many hours of light dem dey bring?

Oga, in my area in Ikorodu, I claim it's still poor but it's not less than 9 hours a day even though they bring it more overnight. But Oga, you see that 9 hours ehn, you no wan try run am on generator see as e be. These guys are trying abeg. All goes down to the government to increase capacity, both working and available capacity.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by yommen: 11:41am On Aug 07, 2023
wunmi590:

Is not their fault, they have to meet a target, and in a community where light is stable and constant, I see no reason why they shouldn't pay...

Even if it just 2million they generate in that community every month, is still fair than nothing...

Some Nigerians just like free things..

Reason why many Nigerians always find it so difficult to live abroad because they have conditioned themselves to that Nigeria living...

Irè ò

Brother mi, Nigerians don't like to hear the truth. That's why the name Nigeria has attracted so many negative vibes across the globe, being known for everything bad .
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by Advancedman(m): 11:50am On Aug 07, 2023
obembet:
Since I was born, I have never see Nepa invade a community like this.

What could be the cause ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iyJOuwdVHM

Source: @mufasatundeednut

No details
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by maasoap(m): 11:55am On Aug 07, 2023
SVPROJECT:
That’s not an invasion, It shows they are transferring cables to a new pole which requires all of them work at the same time.

Lol. And you saw new poles by the side of old poles there?
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by dfrost: 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2023
Angelfrost:
That's a proper INVASION... grin

I don't know why most Nigerians don't like servicing their light bills...

Some will find it hard to pay as low as 5k for monthly bill, but have no qualms spending 20k running generators all week.

At times, I think most of you Nigerians just don't want this nation to work at all.

I totally agree with you. How I wish that the average Nigerian should be allowed to intern in the UK, US, Canada or other places for 3 months, to know what it means to service energy bills. Just Benin Republic that borders us, you hardly see a bulb lit up during the day. Infact, you would be thinking there's no light.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by izubext007: 12:10pm On Aug 07, 2023
nal u bro
Re: Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community by Omodua(m): 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2023
Kingosytex:
9ja too dey behind. What stops these guys from making the prepaid more available?
OK! I just remembered that they make outrageous money from this estimated and outdated format of theirs cheesy
Even Ghana here don too leave 9ja behind. Who still uses the archaic meter or climbs ladders to terminate electricity? 😂
They will not make it available so that they could continue to extort the consumers.

DUMSO is what they regale to make money for themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NAIRALAND Post Your Best PIC Of You :season2 / 10 Things To Do While Stuck In Nigerian Traffic / Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.