Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje (32442 Views)

Gandollar: Maryam Shetty's Social Media Post About Ganduje (Throwback Photo) / Ganduje And His Wife Mock Maryam Shetty / Tinubu Made Ministerial Offer To Me - Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by treesun: 7:14pm On Aug 06, 2023
Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje, APC Chairman

The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Alhaji Abdullahi Ganduje, has disclosed that the social media outrage against Maryam Shetty’s appointment led to her removal.

President Bola Tinubu had removed Shetty from Kano State as a ministerial nominee that was billed for screening.

In a letter to the Senate which was read by the President of the Senate, Godswill Akpabio on Friday, the President replaced her with Mariya Mahmoud Mairiga Bunkure, a former Commissioner for Higher Education during the governorship tenure of Ganduje in Kano.

However, the former governor in an interview with select radio stations in Kano on Saturday, and as reported by Daily Trust, said Shetty was dropped because people questioned her suitability.

He added that social media is very powerful.

Ganduje explained that ministerial appointments should go to someone with integrity, knowledge, experience and commitment to the party and what the candidate contributed to the making of Tinubu's administration.

He said, “The president has advisors on selection of ministerial nominees at the national and state levels. The president has the prerogative to nominate whomever he wishes and he has the right to consult people in states because they know those capable of discharging the duties.

Maryam Shetty’s name emerged from the top, and since Mr President has the right to do as he wishes and we are his followers, one has to be patient; we did not object to it. As well, she was not well-known to us. We could not appraise her.

But suddenly, she (Maryam Shetty) came under attack on social media. People questioned her integrity and experience, with many of them doubting her credentials to represent Kano at the national level. There were growing disaffections. The dissatisfaction is not from Ganduje, but the people of Kano.

President Bola Tinubu’s attention was drawn to the torrent of criticisms greeting Shetty’s nomination. The president asked whether I had nominated Maryam Shetty. I said no. He asked how then her name appeared on the list. I told him I had no idea whatsoever.

When he asked whether there was a need to replace her, I answered in affirmative, because the ministerial slot requires someone with integrity, knowledge, experience and commitment to the party – what one contributed to the making of the Tinubu administration. To satisfy these requirements, we are in the best position to nominate somebody from Kano. Even if someone recommended somebody, we should have been consulted on the matter.

For this, we were given a chance to nominate someone from Kano and since the slot was meant for a female, we consulted widely. Females had contributed to our development agenda in Kano State. Dr Mariya Bunkure, my commissioner for higher education, is a certified medical doctor. Kano South had been complaining about marginalization, even though I gave them SSG and other important political offices. These are some of the reasons we gave her name.

“But at least we are happy because the people of Kano are happy with the current development. The clarification is not to insult anybody but to tell the truth of what exactly happened. People questioned her suitability that was why he was dropped, but that does not mean she will not get another appointment.”

https://saharareporters.com/2023/08/06/tinubu-and-i-had-no-idea-how-maryam-shettys-name-made-ministerial-list-ganduje-apc

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by shortgun(m): 7:16pm On Aug 06, 2023
It has never gotten this low before.
The tribunal should save the country from further embarrassments.

288 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by Acekidc4(m): 7:18pm On Aug 06, 2023
Femi Gbaja handwork!!

132 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by helinues: 7:19pm On Aug 06, 2023
Toh

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 06, 2023
Awon oleeeeee tongue

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by Acekidc4(m): 7:19pm On Aug 06, 2023
shortgun:

Abi the Tribunal should do the needful and thrash out Ellu p case.

170 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by treesun: 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2023
Nigeria is in trouble. Imagine Ministerial lists passed without BAT knowing who is who!

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by shortgun(m): 7:23pm On Aug 06, 2023
Acekidc4:

Abi the Tribunal should do the needful and thrash out Ellu p case.
Hopeless and hungry Nigerians in their millions are counting on the judiciary.

94 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by ipobarecriminals: 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2023
sad

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 06, 2023
I don't know o, I am yet to see where the criticism is coming from, I was on her page I don't think I saw criticism... Anyway whether you are aware or not , the fact still remains you send her name, the DSS obviously must have profile her , so you must find a way to compensate her ....Shikena

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by SalamRushdie: 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2023
So you people removed Shetty's candidate ehh?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by Acidosis(m): 7:45pm On Aug 06, 2023
Everyone is taking advantage of the old man. It is common knowledge that old people act child-like due to their deteriorating mental health, loss of memory, poor control and cognition.

It's just unfortunate that many citizens are somewhat re<ta.rded and possess a poor sense of judgment.

87 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by wegevv: 7:57pm On Aug 06, 2023
So Tinubu’s people chose her without Tinubu’s knowledge, some people complained online then Tinubu heard and asked Gandollar who basically decided to replace her

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by Ikpunnegi01: 8:18pm On Aug 06, 2023
helinues:
Toh
My boy say something ! Defending cr*oks is not easy!!! Drop your account; let me find you small thing pending when you receive the peanuts and agbado like Pige#n..

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by TotoGame(m): 8:21pm On Aug 06, 2023
So a Minister was nominated without the presidents approval? haven't seen a Govt as confused and unprepared like that of Tinubu

It will never be well with you Yoruba ronu people

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by Cmg777: 8:22pm On Aug 06, 2023
They say Tinubu's leg is shaky on the presidential seat but the president is making tough decisions that makes him less popular amongst the people except the reasonable ones like us.

If the president has envisaged something like a rerun, don't you think he'll have been engaging in policies that will endear him to the majorities and thereby putting the country on the brink of collapse or outright collapsing the country just to win the imaginary rerun election?

Tinubu presidency is here and it's surely here for solid uninterrupted 8 years.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by Ofunaofu: 8:22pm On Aug 06, 2023
treesun:
Nigeria is in trouble. Imagine Ministerial lists passed without BAT knowing who is who!

These are Tinubu's "Best Brains" according to Agbadorians

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by kunle4toyeyaho: 9:14pm On Aug 06, 2023
shortgun:
So pe o ti lo ( e don go). Your candidate can try his luck in 2027

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by Bamss1: 9:19pm On Aug 06, 2023
Integrity Ganduje
We will pay your video for you now..

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by treesun: 9:33pm On Aug 06, 2023
Ofunaofu:

These are Tinubu's "Best Brains" according to Agbadorians

How can this happened under someone, we were told he has been preparing since 2007!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by ImoleNaija: 9:46pm On Aug 06, 2023
I hope Shetty didn't pay for the ministerial slot sha. If she did, so pe otilo angry.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by Yourluv: 9:46pm On Aug 06, 2023
Ganduje and his style of politics will be the end of APC

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by MayorOFNigerdel: 9:47pm On Aug 06, 2023
These people are just too foolish for my liking, imagine important decisions like this and the president is not even aware, so one day we will have a minister working and the presidency will tell us they are not even aware of him/her being a minister and yet they won't even investigate this

I think i will go for the next screening, who knows just maybe my luck will shine and i will become a minister

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by ishowdotgmail(m): 9:48pm On Aug 06, 2023
Wuru wuru government grin

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by FLYFIRE(m): 9:48pm On Aug 06, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by Emola12(m): 9:48pm On Aug 06, 2023
Tribunal pls save us from all dis people useless lier people now

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by Judolisco(m): 9:49pm On Aug 06, 2023
So u r saying tinubu is not aware like fmr president buhari.... Kai shocked
Imagine ganduje talking about integrity

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by ShenTeh(m): 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2023
Really?

This is an indicting statement. If a name could be smuggled into such a high power document, then at whose mercy are we?

But again, APC can deny anything.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu And I Had No Idea How Maryam Shetty's Name Made Ministerial List —Ganduje by marlow1962(m): 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2023
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Vaccinates One Of His Grandchildren Against Polio / APC celebrating Buhari victory on Atiku's bridge / Stolen Mace: Omo-agege Fights Back, Blocks Police, DSS From Arresting Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.