Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This (39811 Views)

Man Leaves His Marriage Because His Wife Beats & Abuses Him / Ebonyi Woman Wants Her Marriage Dissolved Over Sex / I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by raydboi(m): 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2023
CuriousStudent:
A fictional tale to shame women. Imagine catering for four kids and a bedridden man at the age of 26( when your mates are going from dates to dates and partying)

This should be the duty of a woman in her 50s whereby haven enjoyed the protection and provision of a man for decades, repays him by nursing him and taking care of him when ill health arises but not a young lady at 26.
So try to see things from the mother perspective.

Men walk out of their families and abandon their wives with kids if they feel overwhelmed or for their peace of mind,so why should this be different?

The lady in question can drop the man temporarily with his relations and give her kids to her parents then go Abroad. While abroad she can be sending money for the upkeep of her kids and husband till she can bring the kids over. The man should remain in naija while the wife hires a nurse and sends up keep
till he is stable enough before he can join them over
Are you kidding me?
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Bizibi(m): 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2023
CuriousStudent:

I am female.
Answer simple question.

If you were a man,just starting life and your wife has an accident that makes her permanently bedridden. You will have to bathe her,clean her poo,bathe and care for four kids,cook,clean,wash,and still go to work,infact you are doing the duties of both husband and wife. Will you take up this new way of life while your mate are clubbing,partying and women changing or you will return her to her parents and drop your kids with relatives while sending money to both of wife and kids.

Yes or no?( No long talk,just yes or no)

I won't abandon my wife,I will leave my disabled wife because i want to avoid house chores and partying!!! Nairaland and teenagers......you think everybody is into clubbing and partying infact some of you should remain single and live the life you want than getting married. There are men that married ladies with disabilities the same with women and they don't have two heads to take care of their homes and enjoy life.

Well the world has made the institution cheap so I am not surprise seeing comments like this.

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by DeepSight(m): 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

In any situation I find myself in i try to be compassionate. If I'm her mother i would tell her it is for better and for worse. Who knows if where she is going would be worse for her.
Like i said, put yourself in the other person's shoes and if you are comfortable with your actions, enjoy.

It doesn't seem to me you have really put yourself in her mother's shoes. You are just saying you have. But you haven't. Your thoughts are only and fully with the man on this.

As I said. Personally I would even feel bad being a lifetime burden to such a young person especially with four children. It would be deeply selfish not to free her. Deeply selfish. I don't know what man would feel good watching her spend the rest of her life taking care of him and the children when her life has barely begun.

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Mindlog: 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2023
Mountbatten:
Men, this is why you do NOT marry an uneducated and unqualified liability.

He provided for her all his able days till he suffered an unfortunate accident. The moment he could no longer provide, he became dispensable in the eyes of his mother-in-law and wife.

โ€œEasily re-marryโ€ lol! Good luck finding any man who will take you and your 4 spawns. Send her abroad to go do what exactly? What skills has she got to survive there? How would she explain leaving her 4 kids with her disabled husband to the embassy?

There's too many stupid people on this forum, it's unbelievable.

Your post reflected stupidity!

if she chooses to fill single in her visa application, who would query her?

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by YorubaRonu01: 12:07pm On Aug 08, 2023
Mindlog:
At 26 with 4 children, no tertiary education nor vocational skills and now saddled with a husband who struggles with disability....long days ahead.
This is why women are being encouraged to have something doing no matter how small, they should stop being overly dependent in case of eventualities like this!

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by YorubaRonu01: 12:09pm On Aug 08, 2023
Mindlog:

You are right.

If you visit psychiatric hospitals in Nigeria and go to the male wards, you are more likely to see married women during visiting hours with their admitted husbands but go to the female wards, very insignificant number of men visit their wives who have been admitted there. For most men, getting the wife admitted is the best they can do and visit few times and disappear from the scene, abandoning her to her birth family to take care of.
You guys should put many factors together before judging this, if a man leaves all he's doing and stays in that hospital, who will hussle for money and fend for the wife and kids? Abi make he stop work and start begging
Considering scenario that many Nigerian women don't work, why won't they be free?
If your wife is working and such happens, will you ever ask her to stop working and start staying in the hospital with you
If she stops, who will pay the bills while you're bedridden
These things are peculiar, stop being overly judgemental on it!
If I am working, I wont be there with her instead I will hire a care-giver and visit her everyday while we communicate closely on the phone, same thing with her, let her not come and stay with me, she can hire someone and go her daily work while we communicate.
Except if either of us doesn't work, then there's no need to hire any care-giver!!

Bottom line: Someone must pay the bills, we can't all fold our hands and be in the hospital and maybe depend on "Abeg" from relations.

This woke generation reasons unreasonably!!
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by MICVOCT(m): 12:09pm On Aug 08, 2023
jmoore:
She is 26 years plus, has 4 kids already.

Her husband has been working and providing for the family until he had an accident which affected his waist. The company stopped him from working because it affected his mobility and productivity.

She reached out to her mother for capital so she can start a business. The mother refused to help her. She gave him a condition that she should leave the marriage and she will sponsor her to travel abroad.

The mother told her that she is too young to suffer in that marriage, that she can easily remarry.

Beseech her to remarry. She's on a directives by mum, sooner would it be a personal decision.

As per the husband, let him remain calm, the only power he would be able to put into effectiveness is until the children received good parentage guidance and management.

Divorce of any kind is inevitable.

This senerio is real, valid and genuine.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by pongwa(m): 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2023
jmoore:
She is 26 years plus, has 4 kids already.

Her husband has been working and providing for the family until he had an accident which affected his waist. The company stopped him from working because it affected his mobility and productivity.

She reached out to her mother for capital so she can start a business. The mother refused to help her. She gave him a condition that she should leave the marriage and she will sponsor her to travel abroad.

The mother told her that she is too young to suffer in that marriage, that she can easily remarry.
children of perdition! una no get respect for marriage again. In old age all of una go regret am

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Komo4JESUS(m): 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2023
From ur comment,you must be a home breaker..imagine the trash u dropped here forgetting that the man had an accident and he's unfit physically to carter for his family as usual..just be in the man's shoe..Nonsence..quote author=CuriousStudent post=124953167]A fictional tale to shame women. Imagine catering for four kids and a bedridden man at the age of 26( when your mates are going from dates to dates and partying)

This should be the duty of a woman in her 50s whereby haven enjoyed the protection and provision of a man for decades, repays him by nursing him and taking care of him when ill health arises but not a young lady at 26.

Men walk out of their families and abandon their wives with kids if they feel overwhelmed or for their peace of mind,so why should this be different?

The lady in question can drop the man temporarily with his relations and give her kids to her parents then go Abroad. While abroad she can be sending money for the upkeep of her kids and husband till she can bring the kids over. The man should remain in naija while the wife hires a nurse and sends up keep till he is stable enough before he can join them over[/quote]
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Sangoamadioha1: 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2023
DeepSight:

It doesn't seem to me you have really put yourself in her mother's shoes. You are just saying you have. But you haven't. Your thoughts are only and fully with the man on this.

As I said. Personally I would even feel bad being a lifetime burden to such a young person especially with four children. It would be deeply selfish not to free her. Deeply selfish. I don't know what man would feel good watching her spend the rest of her life taking care of him and the children when her life has barely begun.

I don't pray or wish for bad occurrences but in every situation I believe i would remain loyal to my partner.
This is based on my experiences in life and how I was brought up. Everyone's opinions are formed by their experiences, so I don't fault your thinking.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by MICVOCT(m): 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2023
SparklingWindow:
don't get too emotional. What if the story is a joke

Things day happen, it may be rare.

Hmm...26yrs old....hmm...forget it...she will remarry
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Mindlog: 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2023
YorubaRonu01:
You guys should put many factors together before judging this, if a man leaves all he's doing and stays in that hospital, who will hussle for money and fend for the wife and kids? Abi make he stop work and start begging
Considering scenario that many Nigerian women don't work, why won't they be free?
If your wife is working and such happens, will you ever ask her to stop working and start staying in the hospital with you
If she stops, who will pay the bills while you're bedridden
These things are peculiar, stop being overly judgemental on it!
If I am working, I wont be there with her instead I will hire a care-giver and visit her everyday while we communicate closely on the phone, same thing with her, let her not come and stay with me, she can hire someone and go her daily work while we communicate.
Except if either of us doesn't work, then there's no need to hire any care-giver!!

Bottom line: Someone must pay the bills, we can't all fold our hands and be in the hospital and maybe depend on "Abeg" from relations.

This woke generation reasons unreasonably!!

I believe you read "visiting hours" not "staying" in the hospital.

How do you explain week in, week out a husband who is in the same state with the admitted wife, not showing up?

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by MICVOCT(m): 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2023
fyzaila:

In as much as this advice is very brutal but this is the truth if we want to face reality. Some men are very callous and won't think twice bringing in a second wife if it was the reverse. If the lady in question can read this your advice, it would be better for her. She's too young to be overburdened when there is a way out for her. Some of her mates are still sampling men here she is at 26 with 4 kids already. Haba mana

โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ’–

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Dchair2: 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2023
CuriousStudent:
A fictional tale to shame women. Imagine catering for four kids and a bedridden man at the age of 26( when your mates are going from dates to dates and partying)

The lady in question can drop the man temporarily with his relations and give her kids to her parents then go Abroad. While abroad she can be sending money for the upkeep of her kids and husband till she can bring the kids over. The man should remain in naija while the wife hires a nurse and sends up keep till he is stable enough before he can join them over

Just imagine? Madness unlimited
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by MICVOCT(m): 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2023
MrsTwrite:
Wicked mother! embarassed

I am happy to quote you as a guy....believes me, she's not.

Just that she's too open for my likeness.

26yrs old lady....hmmmm....o deep

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by fineberry(m): 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2023
This matter tie wrapper
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2023
Komo4JESUS:
[From ur comment,you must be a home breaker..imagine the trash u dropped here forgetting that the man had an accident and he's unfit physically to carter for his family as usual just be in the man's shoe Nonsence..[quote author=CuriousStudent post=124953167]A fictional tale to shame women. Imagine catering for four kids and a bedridden man at the age of 26( when your mates are going from dates to dates and partying)

The lady in question can drop the man temporarily with his relations and give her kids to her parents then go Abroad. While abroad she can be sending money for the upkeep of her kids and husband till she can bring the kids over. The man should remain in naija while the wife hires a nurse and sends up keep till he is stable enough before he can join them over
How many times have men on this forum being in women shoes? From all the women you insult daily ,how many?

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by 1Sharon(f): 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2023
She cannot easily remarry with 4 kids.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by MICVOCT(m): 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2023
CuriousStudent:

Most men not some men.90% of men will return her to her father's house and be visiting and sending money.

That's even better if not abandoned

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by qtx(m): 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2023
CuriousStudent:

If it is a man just building and starting his life in his early 30s who has a wife with an illness that will keep her bedridden and unable to fufil her duties as wife (including sex), will he continue to cater for her and the kids,(shuffling from work to returning home to do domestic chores plus no sex) or he will drop the kids with his relatives and wife with her parents whilst sending money to his kids?

FOR BETTER OR WORSE People just walk into these marriages pretending to understand and accept that statement, but hmmmmm i shake my head.

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by 1Sharon(f): 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2023
CuriousStudent:

Read the full story,she will marry abroad not in naija . Only naija bred men hold prejudice towards divorcees.

Day by day women walk into their second or sometimes third marriage abroad with kids, not here in naija

What abroad are you talking about?
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by uuzba(m): 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2023
CuriousStudent:

I am female.
Answer simple question.

If you were a man,just starting life and your wife has an accident that makes her permanently bedridden. You will have to bathe her,clean her poo,bathe and care for four kids,cook,clean,wash,and still go to work,infact you are doing the duties of both husband and wife. Will you take up this new way of life while your mate are clubbing,partying and women changing or you will return her to her parents and drop your kids with relatives while sending money to both of wife and kids.

Yes or no?( No long talk,just yes or no)

Did you not SWEAR before God and Man on your wedding day, when you took your wedding oath to each other?
In sickness and in health
For richer for poorer.
In good times and in bad times.
Till death do us part.
-
Those that did not swear this oath are called single unmarried people.

This is the oath you swear right there on your wedding day.

If you cannot swear it, or have No Fucking idea what it means...
PLEASE DO NOT MARRY ANYBODY.
STAY SINGLE.

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by isabi2lof: 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2023
CuriousStudent:

That is my problem with you guys . Your empathic and soft side is revealed only when a man is the victim. When it's a woman that is the subject then you activate the "logic" mode.

Few weeks back you guys were justifying men that abandon their kids after divorce with theories and logical explanation. Days back it was cheating in men, giving logical explanation and the rest on why it should be normalized. Then yesterday polygamy.

But just a story of a man as the subject,Mr logic takes the back seat and Mr empathy is activated

Same problem I do have with them , they all know the truth , very soon they'll come out to say , a man's accident is different from a woman's accident ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ .. e no dey tire dem to compare and contrast

You even went too far with an accident scenerio , some abandoned their wives during pregnancy period and child birth ..

Only few men will stay with their wives , and those few men might not even be religious per se ..

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2023
Rushna27:
Truth be told she's too young to face such stress but in all the decisions is hers to take....cos she is d only one who can tell what she want and how she wants it....

your comment is the reason why men are afraid to marry you girls these days and make sacrifices for you people

Do you know wghat for better for worse means at all?

You dont know the meaning of marriage vows talkless of take them seriously. You want to divorce a man that catered for you and the kids and because something out of his control happened to him you now suppert her divorcing him? is it like the man even cheated on her?

Tufiakwa for this generation of ladies to be honest i cant believe what im just reading here.

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by uuzba(m): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2023
qtx:

FOR BETTER OR WORSE People just walk into these marriages pretending to understand and accept that statement, but hmmmmm i shake my head.
Don't mind the bloody idiot.

People that jump into marriage because of status.
Immediately the first challenge comes along, they jump out and abandon their spouse.

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2023
1Sharon:
So you assume most of this women are looking for marriage?

Most are in need of pennnissses to be serving them or a sugar daddy(ies) to help with the kids( for the broke ones)

Rarely a divorcee or widow or single mom of several kids will be looking committed relationships.

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by MICVOCT(m): 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

Nice. Now sit back, relax and think if this accident happened to your brother, will you encourage his wife to abandon him. Please be truthful to yourself and i don't need your reply.

I will do the reply, due to your logical and straightforward question that warrant an expository message.

I had once been in a relationship where as her uncle asked me; "how do you managed to get her"?. Imagine that, not even up to an accident. Just a life issue, and she's not even disabled. She's on 90/100 pace rate.

This senerio is a logical one.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by uuzba(m): 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2023
1Sharon:
She's a fucking lunatic.
And EVERY MAN will see that.
Never touch another man's wife.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by einsteine(m): 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2023
ashawopikin:
Easily remarry after 4 kids? She dey ment

Yeah she is 26.

I know a lady who had 6 children and at age 29, she left her husband to Canada. She has remarried and now has 2 children for the new husband.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 08, 2023
MICVOCT:

That's even better if not abandoned
And what makes you think it is total abandonment?
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Kindness218: 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2023
darkmarky:
We can agree that many mothers are the problem of failed marriages.
I am a living testimony

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman Flaunts Superbaby Tattoo On Her Babybump (Photos) / A Typical Face-me-i-face-you Occupants / 3 Nigerian Couples Who Are Friends: Before & After Babies (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77