Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This (39797 Views)

Man Leaves His Marriage Because His Wife Beats & Abuses Him / Ebonyi Woman Wants Her Marriage Dissolved Over Sex / I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by HRMK: 5:31pm On Aug 08, 2023
like seriously?and the four kids?relocating with her or staying with the wicked mom?
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by stevups(m): 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2023
CuriousStudent:
A fictional tale to shame women. Imagine catering for four kids and a bedridden man at the age of 26( when your mates are going from dates to dates and partying)

This should be the duty of a woman in her 50s whereby haven enjoyed the protection and provision of a man for decades, repays him by nursing him and taking care of him when ill health arises but not a young lady at 26.
So try to see things from the mother perspective.

Men walk out of their families and abandon their wives with kids if they feel overwhelmed or for their peace of mind,so why should this be different?

The lady in question can drop the man temporarily with his relations and give her kids to her parents then go Abroad. While abroad she can be sending money for the upkeep of her kids and husband till she can bring the kids over. The man should remain in naija while the wife hires a nurse and sends up keep till he is stable enough before he can join them over.

modified:
those incels/broke/frustrated/ never-do-well men rolling in sand over my comments,I am not responsible for your failures in life.
I only advised her to make the best choice for herself.

For her getting a chance at another marriage is not the question her. You can no longer Shame women into marriage. All she need is constant pennisses servicing. You are very dispensable. No more worries on what people will say.so act right and do your best so that your wife will give her best if things go wrong with you.
If you have lawyers in Abuja confirm from them on how women are easily filing for divorce

Ciao

Is possible. The mother can say it. Any man that dies for woman God may punish him
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Brandiebird: 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
This fabricated story only mentions a possible injury which means that he can no longer do his previous job but everyone is acting like the man is in a coma! If you can leave your husband and the father of your children because his back gave out then you are the devil incarnated.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by ashawopikin(m): 6:34pm On Aug 08, 2023
einsteine:

Yeah she is 26.

I know a lady who had 6 children and at age 29, she left her husband to Canada. She has remarried and now has 2 children for the new husband.

she's lucky, is the new husband a widow or divorced too?
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by MySolace: 7:59pm On Aug 08, 2023
CuriousStudent:

That is my problem with you guys . Your empathic and soft side is revealed only when a man is the victim. When it's a woman that is the subject then you activate the "logic" mode.

Few weeks back you guys were justifying men that abandon their kids after divorce with theories and logical explanation. Days back it was cheating in men, giving logical explanation and the rest on why it should be normalized. Then yesterday polygamy.

But just a story of a man as the subject,Mr logic takes the back seat and Mr empathy is activated
It's still same... He's not wrong in his question.
People react to situations differently... And has to do with how affiliated dey are to d situation.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Blissbath(f): 8:37pm On Aug 08, 2023
somehow:

Maybe because most of these men are the breadwinner and must go to work to keep the bread coming to pay for the medical bills?

Maybe because some of these women depend on the man to survive and have no where else to go except to be present. by his side?
. Maybe
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Ashawoman82: 9:09pm On Aug 08, 2023
CuriousStudent:

I am female.
Answer simple question.

If you were a man,just starting life and your wife has an accident that makes her permanently bedridden. You will have to bathe her,clean her poo,bathe and care for four kids,cook,clean,wash,and still go to work,infact you are doing the duties of both husband and wife. Will you take up this new way of life while your mate are clubbing,partying and women changing or you will return her to her parents and drop your kids with relatives while sending money to both of wife and kids.

Yes or no?( No long talk,just yes or no)

well, to be frank u are right... You just stated the bitter truth in a brutal way, seriously love to that extent is very real especially for a very young lady... Guy, let's just pray bad things don't happen to us, I really don't blame the girl's mother at all.... I
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Ashawoman82: 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
How the man treated her before the accident should help her take a decision. If he used to treat her badly or cheated on her, then she should know where to place him undecided . His side chick should come and clean his poop, but If he was a good husband before the accident, she should not abandon him. She can travel to make money then be visiting him from time to time.
even if donated his kidney to her, or bought her the moon, I kid u not no woman can choose to stay in this situation, it's just the unfortunate truth.. Only his mother that could help in such situations.. So this is the same reason why every man should choose their mum over any other woman, cos there are things she can do for u that no woman in the world, not even your sis would do for u, let alone a wife.... Look don't blame the mother of the girl, such is life... Love no reach that extent, let's face reality.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Zedoo(m): 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2023
Always remember, the minute you stop providing you’re a liability which is why you should NEVER lower your standards for a woman....
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Marynwachukwu21(f): 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2023
Is not a joke
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Saintmary(f): 1:19am On Aug 09, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
How the man treated her before the accident should help her take a decision. If he used to treat her badly or cheated on her, then she should know where to place him undecided . His side chick should come and clean his poop, but If he was a good husband before the accident, she should not abandon him. She can travel to make money then be visiting him from time to time.

Nigerian women have bought landed properties at Vawulence Estate.

I love it grin

1 Like

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Saintmary(f): 1:20am On Aug 09, 2023
Abifarin16:
May God not allow us to be hard tested.
This is not your regular occurrence. The mother has money to send her abroad she no fit use that money pay for surgery? Hopefully he gets better, gets a job or his former job and pay her back. 4 kids at 26, she fit cope?
People be going through alot.

Use which money to pay for a man that is polygamous in nature?

How?
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Saintmary(f): 1:23am On Aug 09, 2023
Acidosis:

Then she has to do one, which is get a job and fund his treatment. The mother's advice is completely different.

Why should she fund his treatment?

Plus 4 kids?

Doesn't he have relatives?

Why put all those burdens on only one woman?
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Saintmary(f): 1:26am On Aug 09, 2023
Negroid001:

Moral of the story. Don't marry a woman from a poor background.
Don't marry a liability.
Don't marry someone who brings nothing to the table.

As a man, you're only valuable according to what you can provide. If you stop providing, you'll be ditched and called useless.

Take this home instead.

Fidelity and loyalty is the only saving grace for a married man.

Anything else will bring trouble.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Saintmary(f): 1:31am On Aug 09, 2023
Nonywendy:

Wicked mother. When they were exchanging vows for better for worst, in sickness and in health she no knw

You people removed forsaking all others from your vows.

You are now shouting for better or worse.

Where are all your side chicks when you're in trouble?
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Negroid001(m): 1:48am On Aug 09, 2023
Saintmary:

Take this home instead.

Fidelity and loyalty is the only saving grace for a married man.

Anything else will bring trouble.

Can you marry a poor man?
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Saintmary(f): 3:04am On Aug 09, 2023
Negroid001:

Can you marry a poor man?

Why do you ask?
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Negroid001(m): 3:08am On Aug 09, 2023
Saintmary:

Why do you ask?
You're insisting fidelity and loyalty is all.

Fidelity and loyalty can't pay bills or put food on the table. Relationship is not a bed of roses.
It's basically bills and spendings.

Chances are high you'll pick an extremely rich man who cheats over a poor man with loyalty and fidelity.

Fidelity ko, fidelity bank ni. grin
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Saintmary(f): 3:39am On Aug 09, 2023
Negroid001:

You're insisting fidelity and loyalty is all.

Fidelity and loyalty can't pay bills or put food on the table. Relationship is not a bed of roses.
It's basically bills and spendings.

Chances are high you'll pick an extremely rich man who cheats over a poor man with loyalty and fidelity.

Fidelity ko, fidelity bank ni. grin

I will give an arm and a leg to be with a faithful man.

These are not empty words.

There is nothing more valuable in marriage to a woman than fidelity and loyalty, money is only halfway important.

No matter how important money is in marriage, and yes it is very important, just double it's worth, that is the importance of faithfulness.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Negroid001(m): 3:42am On Aug 09, 2023
Saintmary:

I will give an arm and a leg to be with a faithful man.

These are not empty words.

There is nothing more valuable in marriage to a woman than fidelity and loyalty, money is only halfway important.

No matter how important money is in marriage, and yes it is very important, just double it's worth, that is the importance of faithfulness.

Awwwn. Sister Mary.
Lemme give you brotherly advice.
Thank God you said halfway important.
Don't marry a poor man.
You'll always regret. And prolly start blaming him for your misfortunes. Whereas, you picked him yourself.

Choose wisely.
Marry pablo, not bro Chike.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by BluntCrazeMan: 4:46am On Aug 09, 2023
CuriousStudent:
A fictional tale to shame women. Imagine catering for four kids and a bedridden man at the age of 26( when your mates are going from dates to dates and partying)

This should be the duty of a woman in her 50s whereby haven enjoyed the protection and provision of a man for decades, repays him by nursing him and taking care of him when ill health arises but not a young lady at 26.
So try to see things from the mother perspective.

Men walk out of their families and abandon their wives with kids if they feel overwhelmed or for their peace of mind,so why should this be different?

The lady in question can drop the man temporarily with his relations and give her kids to her parents then go Abroad. While abroad she can be sending money for the upkeep of her kids and husband till she can bring the kids over. The man should remain in naija while the wife hires a nurse and sends up keep till he is stable enough before he can join them over.

modified:
those incels/broke/frustrated/ never-do-well/good-for-nothing men rolling in sand over my comments,I am not responsible for your failures in life.
I only advised her to make the best choice for herself.

For her getting a chance at another marriage is not the question her. You can no longer Shame women into marriage. All she need is constant pennisses servicing. You are very dispensable. No more worries on what people will say.so act right and do your best so that your wife will give her best if things go wrong with you.
If you have lawyers in Abuja confirm from them on how women are easily filing for divorce

Ciao

Your comment is also a big shame to womanhood..

Not just the fictional story alone.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Nonywendy(m): 5:20am On Aug 09, 2023
Saintmary:

You people removed forsaking all others from your vows.

You are now shouting for better or worse.

Where are all your side chicks when you're in trouble?
I don't also support cheating in whatever ways, so your imaginary sidechicks never exist
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Saintmary(f): 7:07am On Aug 09, 2023
Negroid001:

Awwwn. Sister Mary.
Lemme give you brotherly advice.
Thank God you said halfway important.
Don't marry a poor man.
You'll always regret. And prolly start blaming him for your misfortunes. Whereas, you picked him yourself.

Choose wisely.
Marry pablo, not bro Chike.

You say Pablo?

Wetin dey after 6 pass 7

You never hear say the bottom of wealth is disgusting
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Negroid001(m): 7:58am On Aug 09, 2023
Saintmary:

You say Pablo?

Wetin dey after 6 pass 7

You never hear say the bottom of wealth is disgusting
Lol. I admire your zeal.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Abifarin16: 9:13am On Aug 09, 2023
Saintmary:

Use which money to pay for a man that is polygamous in nature?

How?
To turn reverend sister if Na true
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Decarbonisation: 10:04am On Aug 09, 2023
jmoore:
She is 26 years plus, has 4 kids already.

Her husband has been working and providing for the family until he had an accident which affected his waist. The company stopped him from working because it affected his mobility and productivity.

She reached out to her mother for capital so she can start a business. The mother refused to help her. She gave him a condition that she should leave the marriage and she will sponsor her to travel abroad.

The mother told her that she is too young to suffer in that marriage, that she can easily remarry.

Let her go ahead, she and her mother will learn lessons the hard way.

End.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Saintmary(f): 2:15pm On Aug 09, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Your comment is also a big shame to womanhood..

Not just the fictional story alone.

Women are no longer carrying shame for you again, please buy pepper and make a stew with your shame.

1 Like

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Saintmary(f): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
Abifarin16:

To turn reverend sister if Na true

Reverend Sister like how?
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Abifarin16: 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2023
Saintmary:

Reverend Sister like how?
What you implied is we are scum. So I advise you become a nun.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Saintmary(f): 2:29pm On Aug 09, 2023
Abifarin16:

What you implied is we are scum. So I advise you become a nun.

Gaslighting.

That is your major weapon as a male, I know you well by now.

Go through all my posts, please bring out any of my posts that used the word scum.

I won't roll in the mud with you

1 Like

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Abifarin16: 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2023
Saintmary:

Gaslighting.

That is your major weapon as a male, I know you well by now.

Go through all my posts, please bring out any of my posts that used the word scum.

I won't roll in the mud with you
You didnt say it yes. But you implied it and I deduced it. You said the mother in-law shouldn't pay for his bills because men are polygamous in nature.

The major reason that women hate/dislike men is that we might bring in a side chick right? Hence we are scum.

So I suggest if you don't want a polygamous natured man in you life as a husband/partner.
BECOME A NUN.
FIGHT NO DEY!
Save yourself headache and focus on GOD you will make heaven at least is that not the goal of this 'transitionary' life that we are living on earth.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Tunagee(m): 6:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
darkmarky:
We can agree that many mothers are the problem of failed marriages.

They are oooo! My wife's mum na example

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Typical Face-me-i-face-you Occupants / Woman Flaunts Superbaby Tattoo On Her Babybump (Photos) / 3 Nigerian Couples Who Are Friends: Before & After Babies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.