Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This (39942 Views)

Man Leaves His Marriage Because His Wife Beats & Abuses Him / Ebonyi Woman Wants Her Marriage Dissolved Over Sex / I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by EndRape2(f): 11:27am On Aug 08, 2023
If it is a man, the man will remarry or start carrying small small girls ,

The question is ,how was the man behaving when he was strong with legs and still working g Was the man good to her? Was he taking care of her if yes ,let her stay and take care of him, if no let her move out fast, and leave him for the side chic and people he was spending on to come take care of him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Holamic: 11:29am On Aug 08, 2023
To be frank the world's DARK now

1 Like

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 08, 2023
SQLmastar:
Is she permitted to fvck other dicks while hustling abroad? Or should she remain faithful?
Ask your gender the question. Are men permitted to fnnck ladies when the leave their wives in Nigeria for years or not?

Your answer is also my answer

3 Likes

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Relevant123: 11:31am On Aug 08, 2023
Civilization has killed africa totally
You have forgotten ur roots,
Im sure even if you attend church services,it just to
fulfil all righteousness....
So all the while the man has been working and providing
for the family you never bothered to start up somthing to support
ur family?
A man will cater for his family for years and nobody will hear anything
about it, but the very moment theres a little glitch on his finances
boom....,She has been the one catering for the whole family!!! grin grin

Spitssssss

CuriousStudent:
A fictional tale to shame women. Imagine catering for four kids and a bedridden man at the age of 26( when your mates are going from dates to dates and partying)

This should be the duty of a woman in her 50s whereby haven enjoyed the protection and provision of a man for decades, repays him by nursing him and taking care of him when ill health arises but not a young lady at 26.
So try to see things from the mother perspective.

Men walk out of their families and abandon their wives with kids if they feel overwhelmed or for their peace of mind,so why should this be different?

The lady in question can drop the man temporarily with his relations and give her kids to her parents then go Abroad. While abroad she can be sending money for the upkeep of her kids and husband till she can bring the kids over. The man should remain in naija while the wife hires a nurse and sends up keep till he is stable enough before he can join them over

1 Like

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Exceed15: 11:31am On Aug 08, 2023
Some mothers are the reasons their daughters are out of the marriage especially if she was a single mother through separation.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by DeepSight(m): 11:32am On Aug 08, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

I see male and female as humans first. The empathy i advocate is for humans in general.
When dealing with another human, first ask yourself if you would like what you are doing to another person to be done to you. If you are comfortable with your actions then by all means continue.

You ask for one to put themselves in the position of the brother to the man. Can you also for one second put yourself in the position of the mother to the woman. Or indeed any of her siblings. What advice would you give her.

Personally even as a man. I would not want to visit such a lifetime on such a young wife of mine. I would free her. I agree with CuriousStudent.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by mrjojo: 11:32am On Aug 08, 2023
The mother never wanted the man right from the start. The Yoruba people that said " it's better to have good in-laws than a good wife"(rough translation) know what they are saying.

I left a 5 years relationship when I realized the matriarchy of the family doesn't like me for no just cause

1 Like

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by mozona(m): 11:32am On Aug 08, 2023
CuriousStudent:
A fictional tale to shame women. Imagine catering for four kids and a bedridden man at the age of 26( when your mates are going from dates to dates and partying)

This should be the duty of a woman in her 50s whereby haven enjoyed the protection and provision of a man for decades, repays him by nursing him and taking care of him when ill health arises but not a young lady at 26.

Men walk out of their families and abandon their wives with kids if they feel overwhelmed or for their peace of mind,so why should this be different?

The lady in question can drop the man temporarily with his relations and give her kids to her parents then go Abroad. While abroad she can be sending money for the upkeep of her kids and husband till she can bring the kids over. The man should remain in naija while the wife hires a nurse and sends up keep till he is stable enough before he can join them over

Well said but is it possible.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Mountbatten: 11:33am On Aug 08, 2023
Men, this is why you do NOT marry an uneducated and unqualified liability.

He provided for her all his able days till he suffered an unfortunate accident. The moment he could no longer provide, he became dispensable in the eyes of his mother-in-law and wife.

“Easily re-marry” lol! Good luck finding any man who will take you and your 4 spawns. Send her abroad to go do what exactly? What skills has she got to survive there? How would she explain leaving her 4 kids with her disabled husband to the embassy?

There's too many stupid people on this forum, it's unbelievable.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Cromagnon: 11:33am On Aug 08, 2023
CuriousStudent:

Read the full story,she will marry abroad not in naija . Only naija bred men hold prejudice towards divorcees.

Day by day women walk into their second or sometimes third marriage abroad with kids, not here in naija
Google passport bros and mgtow. Western men are learning fast
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Cromagnon: 11:34am On Aug 08, 2023
CuriousStudent:

If it is a man just building and starting his life in his early 30s who has a wife with an illness that will keep her bedridden and unable to fufil her duties as wife (including sex), will he continue to cater for her and the kids,(shuffling from work to returning home to do domestic chores plus no sex) or he will drop the kids with his relatives and wife with her parents whilst sending money to his kids?
How many of such have you heard
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by AKWATGOLD1(m): 11:34am On Aug 08, 2023
This issue is Non-Fictional tale. The woman in question call in live program on Wazobia Fm Ph narrates her plight that she is the crossroad.
CuriousStudent:

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by nedekid: 11:35am On Aug 08, 2023
Truth of the matter, no parent wishes for the child to suffer in marraige.
4 kids at 26. Haba. By the time she is 30, 4 extra kids. 30 to 40, another 4 ie 12 kids. Aka mother of many nations.
Mama don see the future say nothing nothing dey.
Men without owo, they have no side chicks or cannot afford olosho, no money to booze etc, the only consolation is to cone home and knack madam. Ie belle tins. grin
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 08, 2023
Relevant123:

Civilization has killed africa totally
You have forgotten ur roots,
Im sure even if you attend church services,it just to
fulfil all righteousness....
So all the while the man has been working and providing
for the family you never bothered to start up somthing to support
ur family?
A man will cater for his family for years and nobody will hear anything
about it, but the very moment theres a little glitch on his finances
boom....,She has been the one catering for the whole family!!! grin grin

Spitssssss

Civilization? Forgotten roots? Lol

But when the white man refuses to give you his visa you will cry.

Lol

Rest abeg.

If men walk out of their families and kids when overwhelmed or for peace of mind why can't ladies walk out when overwhelmed with suffering and stress?

I can swear if roles were reversed the man will drop his children with his parents,return his wife to her parents and be sending money while enjoying his life with a new woman

3 Likes

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Mountbatten: 11:36am On Aug 08, 2023
CuriousStudent:

Read the full story,she will marry abroad not in naija . Only naija bred men hold prejudice towards divorcees.

Day by day women walk into their second or sometimes third marriage abroad with kids, not here in naija

Why would a white man opt for a black woman (with 4 kids) who's at the bottom of the dating ladder? You're as deluded as OP, the MIL and wife.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Menclothing: 11:37am On Aug 08, 2023
Mother they decide or Pikin should decide
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by nedekid: 11:39am On Aug 08, 2023
Mountbatten:
Men, this is why you do NOT marry an uneducated and unqualified liability.

He provided for her all his able days till he suffered an unfortunate accident. The moment he could no longer provide, he became dispensable in the eyes of his mother-in-law and wife.

“Easily re-marry” lol! Good luck finding any man who will take you and your 4 spawns. Send her abroad to go do what exactly? What skills has she got to survive there? How would she explain leaving her 4 kids with her disabled husband to the embassy?

There's too many stupid people on this forum, it's unbelievable.
Is the story that of a person on this forum, or is the mother a poster here?
Anyway, I agree with your last statement.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Emotionss: 11:39am On Aug 08, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]
jmoore:

Fictional tale by who? Some of you think the world ends and begin in your street.
Any frequent listener of wazobia fm portharcourt especially on Omotalk or dj smartdon show knows this story. The lady narrated the story by herself.

Heard the story on smart Don Sunday night program. Na Who Make you Fex...
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 08, 2023
Mountbatten:

Why would a white man opt for a black woman (with 4 kids) who's at the bottom of the dating ladder? You're as deluded as OP, the MIL and wife.

Yawns
Whether she secures a man or not is not even my business. What does a woman with four kids need a husband for?
They mostly need men to be servicing her...

Being single is still better than caring for 4 kids+ vegetable

2 Likes

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by oluwaseyi0: 11:40am On Aug 08, 2023
Rayban25:

now that the story is concerning your gender its now fake.Continue

There are mothers like this incase you dont know. You better come out of your bubble and stop thinking that events like this is meant to push an agenda.

If it were concerning a man now you wont think twice before bashing him. say no to hypocrisy

The story is as fake as whatever

You think a woman that can afford to send her daughter abroad will allow her to shit 4 children at 26year

4 kids at 26 is only a story of poor notherners even poor southerners won't have 4 kids at 26

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by iampeterben(m): 11:42am On Aug 08, 2023
CuriousStudent:

Depression will kill the man before she returns. Ack for him. Only God can heal the man and put him back on his feet again.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Kingpowerful: 11:44am On Aug 08, 2023
Her mother's harsh side of advice is that- until she leaves the marriage which is divorce not even separation. Men wise up, stop banking your whole means on a woman.

1 Like

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 08, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

You think a woman that can afford to send her daughter abroad will allow her to shit 4 children at 26year

4 kids at 26 is only a story of poor notherners even poor southerners won't have 4 kids at 26

ogbeni keep quiet.

omotola jalade got married at 18 and had her fourth child at 28 years of age. so what where you saying again that its not possible to have 4 kids at a young age?

1 Like

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by jmoore(m): 11:50am On Aug 08, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

Because a mother that has money can use it to buy a remote that controls the reproductive system of her daughter that live far away?

Una just dey form detective. You got f9 here.

1 Like

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by FireUpNow(m): 11:51am On Aug 08, 2023
She already have children for the man though the burden on her is much but I wouldn't suggest that she divorce the man. Sickness and accident can happen to anyone.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by YorubaRonu01: 11:52am On Aug 08, 2023
Blissbath:
. You are very right... this is what I see everyday in the hospital
You guys should put many factors together before judging this, if a man leaves all he's doing and stays in that hospital, who will hussle for money and fend for the wife and kids? Abi make he stop work and start begging
Considering scenario that many Nigerian women don't work, why won't they be free?
If your wife is working and such happens, will you ever ask her to stop working and start staying in the hospital with you
If she stops, who will pay the bills while you're bedridden
These things are peculiar, stop being overly judgemental on it!
If I am working, I wont be there with her instead I will hire a care-giver and visit her everyday while we communicate closely on the phone, same thing with her, let her not come and stay with me, she can hire someone and go her daily work while we communicate.
Except if either of us doesn't work, then there's no need to hire any care-giver!!

Bottom line: Someone must pay the bills, we can't all fold our hands and be in the hospital and maybe depend on "Abeg" from relations.

This woke generation reasons unreasonably!!

2 Likes

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Sangoamadioha1: 11:53am On Aug 08, 2023
DeepSight:

You ask for one to put themselves in the position of the brother to the man. Can you also for one second put yourself in the position of the mother to the woman. Or indeed any of her siblings. What advice would you give her.

Personally even as a man. I would not want to visit such a lifetime on such a young wife of mine. I would free her. I agree with CuriousStudent.

In any situation I find myself in i try to be compassionate. If I'm her mother i would tell her it is for better and for worse. Who knows if where she is going would be worse for her.
Like i said, put yourself in the other person's shoes and if you are comfortable with your actions, enjoy.
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 08, 2023
jmoore:

Because a mother that has money can use it to buy a remote that controls the reproductive system of her daughter that live far away?

Una just dey form detective. You got f9 here.

you dey mind am? i didnt even bother to reply to that aspect of comment
Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Mindlog: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2023
Fiscus105:

Hope you know it's men that take responsibility of the house, if woman in ward and men sit with her all day,

How will family move on?

Not "sit with her all day" or do you think such facility is where people can just walk in whenever they want to visit patients and stay as much they want? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Even for only just one weekly visit, that is just one hour duration......men are too busy "taking responsibility of the house".

4 Likes

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Eeghe(f): 11:58am On Aug 08, 2023
jmoore:
She is 26 years plus, has 4 kids already.

Her husband has been working and providing for the family until he had an accident which affected his waist. The company stopped him from working because it affected his mobility and productivity.

She reached out to her mother for capital so she can start a business. The mother refused to help her. She gave him a condition that she should leave the marriage and she will sponsor her to travel abroad.

The mother told her that she is too young to suffer in that marriage, that she can easily remarry.

Why would a 26 year old be married with 4 kids in the world today?
embarassed
I hope it is made up, if not I send healing and love to the injured/sick...may God heal him and give him life and happiness

1 Like

Re: Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2023
Eeghe:

Why would a 26 year old be married with 4 kids in the world today?
embarassed
I hope it is made up, if not I send healing and love to the injured/sick...may God heal him and give him life and happiness

if the man can provide for them why not? you now hope its made up. nawa for you people. didnt you read the part that he has always met their needs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Three Siblings Recreate Their Childhood Photo From 1999 / Quintuplets: Keke Rider's Wife Gives Birth To 5 Babies In Anambra / Lazyreporta: A Nairaland Member Gets Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.