Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Married And Engaged Couples: How Did He Propose? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married And Engaged Couples: How Did He Propose? (12578 Views)

Married Couples: How Do You Cope With Temptation To Cheat? / Married And Clubbing / Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married And Engaged Couples: How Did He Propose? by Annistars: 7:37pm On Aug 13, 2023
He saw me with a rubber ring and ask me if I was married and I said know, he removed the ring from my finger and said I will give you better one.
Re: Married And Engaged Couples: How Did He Propose? by joelsky: 9:14pm On Aug 13, 2023
Klass99:

Please come I have questions;

1. What did you dream? As in what was the dream you dreamt to convince you she was the one? You know how Joseph dreamt of the sun, moon and 11 stars bowing down to him bah, what was your dream?

2. Did you guys implement a no sex policy during the dating and courtship phase? If yes, was that hard or easy to do? Did you even date for any reasonable length of time?

3. How long did you pray before receiving an answer and revelation? Did you combine your prayers with fasting?

I am curious because I have never seen or heard a man say he did what you did prior to marriage. In Naija people act like it is something only women do or it is only meant for women.

I actually saw your questions, but didn't have the time to answer then.
[/b]1. What did you dream? [b]
The dream was clear because the night before that dream I prayed specifically for a partner, in that dream I was in a car that was filled with passengers and left with just one passenger space at back. Different people made attempt to occupy the last remaining seat. I refused because I wanted convenience and was willing to pay for the extra seat until a lady (the lady I married) came in.

Probably she had seen other people try to occupy the seat, because she uttered the words 'even me, won't you let me in?'. I finally agreed, and immediately she entered I woke up from that dream. Immediately I knew beyond every doubt that she was the one.
So many other events unfolded that confirmed she was God's plan for me.

[/b]2. Did you guys implement a no sex policy during the dating and courtship phase?
If yes, was that hard or easy to do? Did you even date for any reasonable length of time?
[b]

Hehehe. This is a church-moderated courtship. Deeper life for that matter. Very strict on issues like this. Courtship venue was a church premises. Once every 2 weeks for 8 months. We were given an outline that details everything that should be discussed by intending couples'.
It was a no-sex policy courtship and yes, it was very easy to do. Mind you, I never had sex with any lady before her.

[/b]
3. How long did you pray before receiving an answer and revelation? Did you combine your prayers with fasting?[b]

I have been praying about it since 2015. Without fasting though. I had one lady I was very close friends with, she was like an idol that prevented me from getting a clear answer. All through the prayers, I was hoping I would get a confirmation that she was the one that would be my future wife. Physically, I didn't find any blemish in her, she was so nice so I thought she is the one. (Till Nov. 2016 when something scary happened and we parted). From that moment, I increased the intensity of the prayers as I was not having any real friend. I finally got the answer on February 9 2017. A Thursday night, I can't forget that night cos the dream came moments after I had finished praying specifically for a partner.

1 Like

Re: Married And Engaged Couples: How Did He Propose? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:51pm On Aug 13, 2023
Samantha124:
He proposed during sex, but I didn't take him seriously because I thought it was the sex talking until he brought out the ring to me later on... grin grin grin
Your servicing must be top notch cheesy
Re: Married And Engaged Couples: How Did He Propose? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2023
nepapole:
I didn't propose sha...

To me, its not necessary

I was never going to date without the intention of marriage.

So from the first day, she knew I was in to marry her.
Exactly, I hate all those western culture of proposal abeg. Why are you in a relationship if you are not going to marry?
Re: Married And Engaged Couples: How Did He Propose? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2023
Sultty:
exactly. We Nigerian men have to time for shenanigans. Oh u think we all kneel to propose to girls that almost d whole town don pound like hard fufu, just dey play
My brothercheesy
Re: Married And Engaged Couples: How Did He Propose? by Klass99(f): 10:28pm On Aug 13, 2023
Re: Married And Engaged Couples: How Did He Propose? by tosyne2much(m): 12:43am On Aug 14, 2023
Samantha124:
But I think telling her that you want to come and see her people is a traditional way of proposing as an African man.

Because remember that as Africans, no man should want to come and see his girlfriend's parents unless he's ready to marry her.
But you know some ladies, they still want that drama

That public show that onlookers would bring our their phone, taking videos and shouting "Say Yes"

1 Like

Re: Married And Engaged Couples: How Did He Propose? by stevestifler(m): 9:44am On Aug 14, 2023
I didnt propose.

Who get time?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? / 21 Years Old Boy Marries 52 Years Old Woman / Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.