Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,176 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer (19953 Views)

November 2019 FGN Savings Bond Offer For Subscription / FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September / Introducing FGN Savings Bond Offer For September 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by DesChyko: 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2023
Tonytonex:
A business that will give you #50 profit a day is #18,250 in a year.
So that thing na rubbish investment.

Actually, that bros is wrong o. If you invest 10k, your profit after 1 year is #963 only.

Just carry your 10k buy foodstuff and new slippers for trekking abeg. 😁

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by FreeStuffsNG: 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2023
just2endowed:
inflation is more than 20%, this is madn.ess
Smh. Does inflation remain same or is it all products and services that their prices have gone up by 20% since the past few months? Just say you don't know about bonds and how it's done
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by PepeXKermit: 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2023
Daniel058:

Chai 9.63% ROI . So if I buy one unit I will be making #96.30 at the end of 1 year grin

How many perce t does the naira depreciate every year... you will even be at a loss in this instance. Its uselsss investing in these type of bond
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Brownshoe: 3:49pm On Aug 09, 2023
IyaTola:
My Auntie used thFG bonds to pay her rent before she left Nigeria
good idea, it's good for those that have money that lays useless at bank vault and usually pay rent yearly.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Emilo(m): 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2023
Not a good time to invest as naira keeps depreciating. After 2 years u could be getting less of ur investment even plus the interest except Tinubu steps aside and allow those that want to move the country from consumption to production. It’s as simple as ABC. Or why else why will Tinubu push revamp of Nigeria refinery to December. That’s crazy.
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Larryndelaw: 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2023
Olachase:
People no get money to buy fuel, FG still won run us MMM

He no fit work grin grin

Abeg I day look for contribution hoo (Ajo) 2k park 5 million πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ
Just siddon there they complain. People are already buying. later you will be crying that only the rich benefits . only to complain. with the present situation in Nigeria, Some people are making money
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by just2endowed: 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. Does inflation remain same or is it all products and services that their prices have gone up by 20% since the past few months? Just say you don't know about bonds and how it's done

lol, i wont say anything......since u know a lot about bonds and the rate dished out to you make a lot of economic sense.

Let me grab pop corn....oya tell me what i dont know in Bonds
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by just2endowed: 4:10pm On Aug 09, 2023
Yankee101:
Loans at 23%
Savings interest less than 10% pa
No be scam be that?

dont mind them.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Damian911: 4:17pm On Aug 09, 2023
yusfatedeeprof:

how is 9% of #1m, #9.5m? cheesy

That's just under 100k in a year. Some mfb in Nigeria like Palmpay, Fairmoney and Opay are giving 20% or more in one year for fixed deposit.
I'm thinking of using palm pay fixed deposit thanks to its attractive interest rate but I'm afraid again make dem no carry my money go
What do you think of this?
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Wainey: 4:25pm On Aug 09, 2023
Daniel058:

Chai 9.63% ROI . So if I buy one unit I will be making #96.30 at the end of 1 year grin
it is the same as building a house and giving it out for rent.
I will prefer this one
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by AfonjaScud: 4:27pm On Aug 09, 2023
yusfatedeeprof:

how is 9% of #1m, #9.5m? cheesy

That's just under 100k in a year. Some mfb in Nigeria like Palmpay, Fairmoney and Opay are giving 20% or more in one year for fixed deposit.

Please is investing in these MFBs mentioned secure and guaranteed ?
Thanks for responding.
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Wainey: 4:28pm On Aug 09, 2023
dominique:
So if I put 10k, I will get less than N100 per year? They should gettat abeg. I'll only recommend these bonds for someone that has some amount of money they're not ready to touch immediately.
it's same as building a house and renting it out
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Itzurboi(m): 4:32pm On Aug 09, 2023
Tonytonex:

It's small sha. Only if One doesn't know what to do with money. With business, one will get more than that.

you dey mind them.....

1 Like

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by IyaTola: 4:34pm On Aug 09, 2023
Brownshoe:
good idea, it's good for those that have money that lays useless at bank vault and usually pay rent yearly.
No, she was always putting a specified amount every month for a 12 month period and reinvesting the interest and capital once paid, do you understand?

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by IyaTola: 4:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
Tonytonex:

It's small sha. Only if One doesn't know what to do with money. With business, one will get more than that.

Do you make moneynin business everyday?
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Luckysbab: 4:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
dominique:
So if I put 10k, I will get less than N100 per year? They should gettat abeg. I'll only recommend these bonds for someone that has some amount of money they're not ready to touch immediately.

Aunty Dominican Rep., how 9.63% of 10k take be less than 100 bucks na?
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Luckysbab: 4:38pm On Aug 09, 2023
Wainey:
it's same as building a house and renting it out

House rent barely even returns up to 10% every year.

House wey dem use 10m build may barely bring 500k rent yearly. Except na shortlet things.

4 Likes

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Wainey: 4:44pm On Aug 09, 2023
Itzurboi:

1year package: #9,960
2years package: #10,960
that's not true, two year package is N960 yearly
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Luckysbab: 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=124994933]No, she was always putting a specified amount every month for a 12 month period and reinvesting the interest and capital once paid, do you understand?[/quote

Of course, with this kain bond, her 50m becomes 58.5m thereabouts in 2 years. If she puts the whole 58.5m in another such deal again, it will easily surpass 100m after 10 years, I think.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Dybala11(m): 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2023
Anaskie:
How did you arrive at this magical calculation? Na wa ooo
It's obvious that the guy is very poor at mathematics, he's probably thinking that 9.6% of the principal means 9.6 times the principal. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by IyaTola: 4:58pm On Aug 09, 2023
[quote author=Luckysbab post=124995193][/quote]Yes, now use small figures and see if she wouldn't be able to pay rent and live comfortably

1 Like

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by IyaTola: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2023
With the repairs and tenants wahala, you will rather not even build in the first instance.
Luckysbab:

House rent barely even returns up to 10% every year.

House wey dem use 10m build may barely bring 500k rent yearly. Except na shortlet things.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by papaa4: 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2023
But dey put 18% to borrow 4m bank n dey say make u give dem moni with interest of 8 to 10%. Hmmmm
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by BreconHills(m): 5:33pm On Aug 09, 2023
Daniel058:
9.63% of #1000 is how much?

Interest rate is amortised over 12 months. Its not monthly interest.
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Goalnaldo(m): 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
PeterObi4LP:
The last one I bought and that of MTN share is still running. investment is BAE
I regretted not buying the MTN shares
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Goalnaldo(m): 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2023
Na person wey go borrow me 140m to pay back in a month I dey find. Na to just put am for my fairmoney savings account dey collect interest of 45000 daily.
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Mexyz(m): 6:10pm On Aug 09, 2023
Anaskie:
How did you arrive at this magical calculation? Na wa ooo
grin cheesy
The thing surprised me too o
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Luckysbab: 7:12pm On Aug 09, 2023
IyaTola:
With the repairs and tenants wahala, you will rather not even build in the first instance.

I tell you. Though, I'm still not sure why majority see it as the 'best investment'. I think it's only a good way to tie down cash, in case the need arises in the future to sell something to raise money.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by maasoap(m): 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2023
Itzurboi:
School nah scam cheesy
What do you mean? The person you quoted was actually correct but I don't think you were referring to him.
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Kaysalas(m): 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2023
SoftP:

They’ve allocated it before being publicized
That's not true. I bought the last one.
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by maasoap(m): 8:30pm On Aug 09, 2023
Tonytonex:
Please someone should explain it to me.
If I invest like 10k. How much will I get after the said years?
Less than 1000 naira for you each year depending on how many years you subscribed to. grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? / US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m / Invest in Peninsula Homes with just 700k to get a plot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.