Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer (19949 Views)

November 2019 FGN Savings Bond Offer For Subscription / FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September / Introducing FGN Savings Bond Offer For September 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Kaysalas(m): 8:30pm On Aug 09, 2023
PeterObi4LP:
The last one I bought and that of MTN share is still running. investment is BAE
How much was mtn when you bought?
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by maasoap(m): 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
yusfatedeeprof:

how is 9% of #1m, #9.5m? cheesy

That's just under 100k in a year. Some mfb in Nigeria like Palmpay, Fairmoney and Opay are giving 20% or more in one year for fixed deposit.

Palmpay is the best for now. 16% annual interest rate if you subscribe to 1 week fixed saving. My weekly interest payment is paying for my data and call credit. grin grin grin
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by maasoap(m): 8:40pm On Aug 09, 2023
Niyijac:
You have sense. A lot of ignorant people here.

What do you mean by ignorant people? Do you even understand that as a smart investor, you shouldn't put your money into this? This one is 9% interest rate and what is the inflation rate again?
The person you quoted talked about shares, not bond. Do you understand the difference between the two at all?
Shares pay you dividend yearly and your shares may even appreciate over years. But bond, you only get your capital back at the end of the deal plus this 9% interest yearly before your capital is returned to you.
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Tonytonex(m): 8:56pm On Aug 09, 2023
IyaTola:
Do you make moneynin business everyday?
I said #50 a day. Even groundnuts sellers makes far more than that..

For ur question yes and no.
Yes, some days you make huge profit that will the day you didn't make.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Solsix(m): 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2023
yusfatedeeprof:

That's just under 100k in a year. Some mfb in Nigeria like Palmpay, Fairmoney and Opay are giving 20% or more in one year for fixed deposit.
My thoughts exactly
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Hezzyluv: 9:17pm On Aug 09, 2023
yusfatedeeprof:

Exactly what came to my mind when I read 9.7% per annum. And even the banks you mentioned, are licensed by cbn and ndic insured which means, one's money is saved. So, what's the essence of goin for 9%?
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by yusfatedeeprof(m): 9:33pm On Aug 09, 2023
Damian911:
I'm thinking of using palm pay fixed deposit thanks to its attractive interest rate but I'm afraid again make dem no carry my money go
What do you think of this?
The FGN savings bond is the safest and risk-free. But Palmpay and Opay are safe too, your money is not going anywhere. They are licensed by CBN and all deposits are insured with NDIC.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by yusfatedeeprof(m): 9:40pm On Aug 09, 2023
AfonjaScud:

Please is investing in these MFBs mentioned secure and guaranteed ?
Thanks for responding.
Yes, Opay and Palmpay are the top 2 for me. But Fairmoney is good too and has the highest rate. But if you want to be extremely cautious you can stick to Palmpay and Opay.

And the 3 mfb's are licensed by CBN and all deposits are insured with NDIC.
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by yusfatedeeprof(m): 9:45pm On Aug 09, 2023
maasoap:

Palmpay is the best for now. 16% annual interest rate if you subscribe to 1 week fixed saving. My weekly interest payment is paying for my data and call credit. grin grin grin
Exactly what I've been doing myself cheesy. Na my interest I dey use subscribe cheesy. Better than leaving it in our traditional banks, dem go still dey comot charges grin

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by LeyeWrites: 9:58pm On Aug 09, 2023
yusfatedeeprof:

Warren Buffett says he'll be lucky to make 14% a year, you're talking about palmpay offering 20%.

Investment is about risk assessment not profit.

Learn about finances una say no.

How safe is FG bonds compared to Palmpay fixed deposit?
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by yusfatedeeprof(m): 10:09pm On Aug 09, 2023
LeyeWrites:
Warren Buffett says he'll be lucky to make 14% a year, you're talking about palmpay offering 20%.

Investment is about risk assessment not profit.

Learn about finances una say no.

How safe is FG bonds compared to Palmpay fixed deposit?
14% to Warren Buffett is probably like 500m dollars. 20% of #1m is 200k in a year, big difference. Also probably you should check my other comments like this one below before jumping into conclusions.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by bewla(m): 11:23pm On Aug 09, 2023
maxiuc:
angry

Making front-page on nairaland is very useless as now

Nairaland no dey sweet Like before
Add sugar now

1 Like

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Love800(m): 5:42am On Aug 10, 2023
Pls can u go deep in explaining the difference btw the two? And where do people make these kind of investments, is it in the banks?i really want to know.
maasoap:

What do you mean by ignorant people? Do you even understand that as a smart investor, you shouldn't put your money into this? This one is 9% interest rate and what is the inflation rate again?
The person you quoted talked about shares, not bond. Do you understand the difference between the two at all?
Shares pay you dividend yearly and your shares may even appreciate over years. But bond, you only get your capital back at the end of the deal plus this 9% interest yearly before your capital is returned to you.
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:41am On Aug 10, 2023
maasoap:

Please, do you mean you pay weekly and they give you interest or they pay you weekly after a one-time payment you made?

Abeg, I no too listen for Economics class, kindly explain. Thanks
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by maasoap(m): 8:58am On Aug 10, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, do you mean you pay weekly and they give you interest or they pay you weekly after a one-time payment you made?

Abeg, I no too listen for Economics class, kindly explain. Thanks
Various options to choose from. You can pay weekly and they return your money with interest to you in one week 16% interest.
You can choose also monthly fixed deposit 17%.
You can choose 3 months 18%, 6 months 19% or 12 months 20%.
I prefer weekly in case I need to use my money for something else.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Cortexhills99: 11:20am On Aug 10, 2023
How much do you trust fair money on savings bound? I need suggestions
yusfatedeeprof:

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Niyijac: 11:28am On Aug 10, 2023
Ignorance speaking loudly. Study more

maasoap:

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:08pm On Aug 10, 2023
maasoap:

Various options to choose from. You can pay weekly and they return your money with interest to you in one week 16% interest.
You can choose also monthly fixed deposit 17%.
You can choose 3 months 18%, 6 months 19% or 12 months 20%.
I prefer weekly in case I need to use my money for something else.

Thanks, never knew all this exist on Palmpay o

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by IyaTola: 12:45pm On Aug 10, 2023
Luckysbab:

I tell you. Though, I'm still not sure why majority see it as the 'best investment'. I think it's only a good way to tie down cash, in case the need arises in the future to sell something to raise money.
Even at that, you cannot be liquid with rental income. You can only be by investing.

My top 5 from Warren Buffett. Because he’s a lot smarter and richer than I am.

But hey, I learn fast.

1. “I will tell you how to become rich. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” Most people chase what’s hot. As euphoria builds money pours in. Until it collapses. Buffett does exactly the opposite. He buys when most people are selling. And waits when most are buying. Incredibly difficult to do. And incredibly rewarding.

2. “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get. I like buying quality merchandise when it’s marked down.” Most people chase price. The higher the price the more money flows in. Until the value can’t sustain the price. Buffett chases value. Looks for investments priced under their worth. Then buys and waits for others to discover their value.

3. “I don’t look to jump over seven foot bars. I look for one foot bars I can step over.” Most people try to hit home-runs. They speculate on the next big hit. And keep striking out. Buffett instead invests to build wealth steadily. Rare home-runs. Lots of singles that win games.

4. “Successful investing takes time, discipline and patience.” Most people want to get rich quick. So they continually take long bets that frequently blow up. Buffett takes a long term view. He’s happy to build wealth over a lifetime rather than a year or decade.

5. “What we learn from history is that most people don’t learn from history.” Most people whether euphoric or depressed refuse to learn from those who were successful. And they pay the price. Buffett always learned from others. And reaped the rewards.
Like me you might not be the smartest person in the room. So learn fast.

You can become financially successful but only as you do what most people don’t.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by maasoap(m): 12:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

Thanks, never knew all this exist on Palmpay o
But the interest is annual rate. Which means 16% of your saving divided by 52 weeks. That's what you get weekly as interest.
Let's say 300k is your fixed saving for one week. 16% of 300k is 48k. 48k divided by 52 weeks is N923.
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by maasoap(m): 12:50pm On Aug 10, 2023
Niyijac:
Ignorance speaking loudly. Study more

Shut up. What else do you know besides calling people ignorant? Dullard
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Luckysbab: 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2023
IyaTola:
Even at that, you cannot be liquid with rental income. You can only be by investing.

My top 5 from Warren Buffett. Because he’s a lot smarter and richer than I am.

But hey, I learn fast.

1. “I will tell you how to become rich. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” Most people chase what’s hot. As euphoria builds money pours in. Until it collapses. Buffett does exactly the opposite. He buys when most people are selling. And waits when most are buying. Incredibly difficult to do. And incredibly rewarding.

2. “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get. I like buying quality merchandise when it’s marked down.” Most people chase price. The higher the price the more money flows in. Until the value can’t sustain the price. Buffett chases value. Looks for investments priced under their worth. Then buys and waits for others to discover their value.

3. “I don’t look to jump over seven foot bars. I look for one foot bars I can step over.” Most people try to hit home-runs. They speculate on the next big hit. And keep striking out. Buffett instead invests to build wealth steadily. Rare home-runs. Lots of singles that win games.

4. “Successful investing takes time, discipline and patience.” Most people want to get rich quick. So they continually take long bets that frequently blow up. Buffett takes a long term view. He’s happy to build wealth over a lifetime rather than a year or decade.

5. “What we learn from history is that most people don’t learn from history.” Most people whether euphoric or depressed refuse to learn from those who were successful. And they pay the price. Buffett always learned from others. And reaped the rewards.
Like me you might not be the smartest person in the room. So learn fast.

You can become financially successful but only as you do what most people don’t.

I admit this is interesting. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Niyijac: 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ignorance getting louder. Your knowledge of the matter has still not improved by the way. Humble yourself and learn

maasoap:

Shut up. What else do you know besides calling people ignorant? Dullard
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by AfonjaScud: 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
yusfatedeeprof:

Yes, Opay and Palmpay are the top 2 for me. But Fairmoney is good too and has the highest rate. But if you want to be extremely cautious you can stick to Palmpay and Opay.

And the 3 mfb's are licensed by CBN and all deposits are insured with NDIC.

The last paragraph clinches it.
Thanks a trillion.
I appreciate you. Stay blessed.
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by maasoap(m): 2:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
Niyijac:
Ignorance getting louder. Your knowledge of the matter has still not improved by the way. Humble yourself and learn

Lol. Said by someone who has made three posts with nothing to learn from. grin grin grin
You're empty
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Niyijac: 3:15pm On Aug 10, 2023
I've rattled you shey? You're still full of ignorance

maasoap:

Lol. Said by someone who has made three posts with nothing to learn from. grin grin grin
You're empty
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by IyaTola: 5:08pm On Aug 10, 2023
wink
Luckysbab:

I admit this is interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by maasoap(m): 8:08pm On Aug 10, 2023
Niyijac:
I've rattled you shey? You're still full of ignorance

You are empty, like I said.
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by HELLASJ(m): 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2023
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by Whois(m): 11:39pm On Aug 11, 2023
Meanwhile Opay pays 15% daily for 100k max grin any amount above 100k is 5%. From this thread I got to know palmpay pays 16% grin shey I will not switch to palmpay bayi grin
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by bfn1: 1:28am On Aug 12, 2023
Is there anyone here who has sold off his FGN savings bonds at the secondary market recently?
Re: Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer by PeterObi4LP: 11:53pm On Aug 17, 2023
Kaysalas:

How much was mtn when you bought?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MMM: If The Scheme Is Not Living On Debt, Then Where Are The Monies Stucked In? / Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? / US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.