Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging (43288 Views)

10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun / Download Esin By Femi Adebayo Movie MP4 / "Alero's Diary" Nollywood Movie Gets Positive Reviews Online (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Broveens42(m): 10:20am On Aug 13, 2023
Bigchristo:
Your analysis makes me want to watch it, I will comment after streaming it on Netflix.

The producers are getting it all wrong. That's the problem with black people; Copy cat but end up copying wrongly. We know the world has moved on from average visual effects, but why abandon the major ingredients of theaterics, which is screen play? That's same rubbish they did in "ijakumo the born again stripper"
Producers should learn how to flow with lines and make lead characters reflect the content of the entire movie, reason I prefer old epic movies

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Thewesterner(m): 11:26am On Aug 13, 2023
Trustedpronet:
JI beg i beg, yoruba should stop all these juju films...they should concentrate on using modern technology in their war films. These are the kind of films Sunday igboho watch that motivate him to believe he can create yoruba nation with mere cow horn and broom. I go try watch the film anyway.
People be spewing gibberish in the name of being "woke". Modern technology in an EPIC film?

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by emmapetit1(m): 11:36am On Aug 13, 2023
DyshApp:

[url=https://dyshus.com/article/7a85d012-d662-4b57-ad31-b04e8bc679c0]

Few people understand what movie is. It’s silly to say yoruba don’t have arenas. It’s infact the most stupid statement I have heard all my life. The Yorubas have always been a town centre civilisation. Our ancient cities have walls. We fight with guns and swords. We don’t always consult the gods before a fight because our fighters themselves are gods. Kings are supreme as portrayed in this movie and many times, warriors get so powerful that they can challenge authority. How is it possible, that a man who watched and love Spider-Man is condemning this movie. Poor critic. There need to be a minimum I.Q quotient for movie critics.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Nauttyprof(m): 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2023
Codes151:
go on IDMB watch a 4/10 movie. See even fast x is 5.6 /10 or sth. relax.

It's not a 10

Then, definitely your tribe movies are all -5/10
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by wolesmile(m): 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2023
MT:
Wacky storyline. Nice visual effect.

Yorubas don't fight like Spartacus in war or in a fight challenge, the ending is so predictable and the story line is so tacky - A bad replica of "the woman king" movie.

Yorubas don't fight wars without consulting ifa, Ogun and other gods for directions. How many wars did Ogunjimi fight in the movie that made him Jagunjagun? War is taken seriously in Yorubaland and always well thought through and prepared for. The movie never reflects this.

The movie presents an invasion under the guise of a war

Femi Adebayo, dressing like a roman king, which I found so alien - should not have acted that part - Chatta or Lalude could have been spot on.

Wars were fought like Romans army with swords, without any consultation with the gods. Yorubas used charms, and other weapons, to fight in their wars but due consultations would be made to the gods.

Yorubas also don't have arenas, like the Romans, where they fight to death. Only Romans do. Local wrestling in Yoruba is for entertainment purposes.

All in all, for me:

Story Line - 20%

Visual Effect - 65%

PR (Hyping of the movie) - 100%

Please note, it is my experience, which I am entitled to. You are free to rate it as 100%.

Anikulapo movie still remains distant number 1

For the records. We still have my great grandfather's fighting sword and spear in our family house till date. They used guns, spears, arrows and swords/daggers for their warfare.
And who says they don't fight to the death? Learn your history. When a certain Alaafin realized that Timi, governing Ede, and Gbonkaa, with him in Oyo are getting too powerful and popular, he ordered them to fight to the death in a public space.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Codes151(m): 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nauttyprof:

Then, definitely your tribe movies are all -5/10
lol. No about tribe oga. I no be igbo if you want to bring Yoruba sentiments. Forget sentiments focus on the correction. It's a good movie. But not a 10. Fast x is not up to 6/10.
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by wolesmile(m): 8:17pm On Aug 13, 2023
emmapetit1:

Few people understand what movie is. It’s silly to say yoruba don’t have arenas. It’s infact the most stupid statement I have heard all my life. The Yorubas have always been a town centre civilisation. Our ancient cities have walls. We fight with guns and swords. We don’t always consult the gods before a fight because our fighters themselves are gods. Kings are supreme as portrayed in this movie and many times, warriors get so powerful that they can challenge authority. How is it possible, that a man who watched and love Spider-Man is condemning this movie. Poor critic. There need to be a minimum I.Q quotient for movie critics.

See me o.
People that watched flying dragons in game of thrones, that watched people with super powers in avengers, and praised these movies are now condemning a good movie like this.
Most don't even know that our Yoruba ancient warriors fought with swords and arrows. They think it's all about guns and charms like our old movies were portraying.
We still have the fighting tools of my great grandfather. A sword and a spear.
Someone was talking about the fight to the death scene. I had to take him back through history. When the duo of Timi of Ede, a great archer in his time, and Gbonkaa Ebiri, a great swordsman, were becoming too powerful for the Alaafin, he ordered them to fight to the death at an open space in his presence. The didn't fight with charm. Both used what they were good at using.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by wolesmile(m): 8:29pm On Aug 13, 2023
MT:

So you agreed that you misrepresented the bolded in your previous post.

Cite an example where warriors were asked to fight to death in Yoruba history. I will be willing to learn from you.

Why would a movie like Jagunjagun not show the art of war, especially how Ogundiji consults his gods? It's a critical part. Did Ogunjimi lead a war as a general in the movie?

Painting Ogundiji as a bad person after being shown to rescue a king at the beginning didn't add up. They should have dug deep to come up with a fantastic reason .

"Atamo atamo" ni in Yoruba Language.

They didn't paint Ogundiji as a good person. This is one of the reasons I like following dialogues while watching a movie. You might just miss a minor detail and miss the whole essence of a character.
Remember when all those Kings gathered together at Oga Bello's Palace discussing about Ogundiji's upcoming celebration. When Muyiwa Ademola mentioned how Ogundiji saved his life, Dele Odule jokingly told him that he was not entitled to the throne in the first place. Then Muyiwa said after all, none of them is entitled to the seat they are occupying.
Ogundiji is a mercenary. He fights on the side of the highest bidder. All those kings are corrupt, they pay him to fight for them.
If you know our history well, great warriors were like that in times past. Warfare is their business.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by itsValo(m): 11:31pm On Aug 13, 2023
You don’t want to miss this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ-dZIuc6SA
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by marca(m): 10:00am On Aug 14, 2023
I was totally in love with everything in the scene... Ogundiji you've prove ur worth... For this I'll forever respect your level of intelligent and creativity... Kudos to all ur crew
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by ComputerOperato: 11:53am On Aug 14, 2023
MT:

No lesson learnt

I repeat - Yorubas don't go into war without invoking the spirit of their gods - ifa, Ogun etc - through incantation.

Romans fight wars with swords and other weapons alone without incantations.

Yoruba will not go into warfare without charms and incantations, they can use any weapons in the process.

Tell me one scene that depicts this in a movie titled - Jagunjagun.

This wasn't your initial statement. Don't change the narrative.
Anyway, enjoy.
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Diamondoluwafem: 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2023
I honestly dont understand how someone will think this movie is wack in consideration of it being produced in Nollywood Yoruba genre. As far as i am concerned the movie beats anikulapi and eleshin oba. True, certain scenerios were predictable,at the same time the demon agemo wasnt that much of a predictable scenerio. Anikulapo only beats this movie in area of Graphics, Eleshin oba isnt even near in any dimension.

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by sisisioge: 6:05am On Aug 15, 2023
I finally watched the movie and loved it! Being a lover of traditional Yoruba movies, I was awed by the use of deep language and tradition. I love the storyline and plot twist.....I didnt see unveiling of Agemo coming grin
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by NoToPile: 6:43am On Aug 15, 2023
So I watched it, very solid movie.

Why people are comparing it to anikulapo it what I don't get. This one hmis a lot more like an action epic and anikulapo is not action, both are in a class of their own.

It wasn't really predictable too. Nobody knew agemo was the daughter that was not his daughter, nobody new fathia balogun donated her womb.

At least fighting blood and all these things looked real, Hakeen the special effects guy outdid himself on this movie, he tried Gan.

And the use of the Language, kiss oh my it was muaah, the proverbs and all, Yoruba students will appreciate it better.

Only one flaw, some mud houses used Zinc though they were already brown and not the particular house used for any scene, but when doing an aeriel view of those villages it was a bit noticeable.

One major lesson though

Absolute power corrupts absolutely

The bar is being raised high in epic movie production, I have watched about 4 good Yoruba epics.

2 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Drrr: 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2023
The use of ogun (war). ogun (charm). ogun (medicine). oogun(sweat). Ogun(stab). Ogun(Heritage). Oogun(long). Chai! Yoruba is very powerful o!.
Omoawoke:
The use of ogun (war) ogun (charm) ogun (medicine) oogun(sweat) will send non Yoruba speakers crazy 🤣

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by AAAD(m): 11:23pm On Aug 16, 2023
Persephone1:
When you have previous experience or can relate with a concept, you understand it better. As a Yoruba lady who grew up watching half of the actors, I can boldly say the movie is 100 percent. The growth in these actors is overwhelming, the cultural, the custome (I couldn't recognize Adebayo at first sight! Did you see the abs on Lateef? Who would have thought he could play such role, the cultural representation, the cinematography, the storyline, the tales the figures ( amoye role for example is something long forgotten in our world today, hence why history is lost) lol everything about the movie is great.

The person you are defending couldn't see beyond Spartacus and Agojie because that's what he is used to. Point is there are some movies one watch and just move on from not because they aren't nice but you can't relate to.

MT made a fallacy and he has been corrected. We can and should accept it.

This us one of the few comments u font come across on Nairaland every now and then.

Madam, God will bless you beyond ur imagination. I enjoy reading ur comment and it is quite relatable.
I believe that the way this comment is radiating with intellectual thinking so also are you.
Once again God bless you for this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 17, 2023
AAAD:

This us one of the few comments u font come across on Nairaland every now and then.

Madam, God will bless you beyond ur imagination. I enjoy reading ur comment and it is quite relatable.
I believe that the way this comment is radiating with intellectual thinking so also are you.
Once again God bless you for this
Thank you for your kind words. And Amen to your prayers.

God bless you too.

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by realmindz: 5:07am On Aug 19, 2023
MT:

No lesson learnt

I repeat - Yorubas don't go into war without invoking the spirit of their gods - ifa, Ogun etc - through incantation.

Romans fight wars with swords and other weapons alone without incantations.

Yoruba will not go into warfare without charms and incantations, they can use any weapons in the process.

Tell me one scene that depicts this in a movie titled - Jagunjagun.

Sometimes, accept you are wrong

You posted on the front page that Yorubas don’t fight with swords which was not true. You don’t need to argue, just accept and move on, it’s no crime.
And maybe you didn’t see them use charms or you don’t know that those red ropes were charms?
If you know Yoruba very well, that red rope is a charm and they use that fight.
And maybe you watched the back of your TV, you didn’t see Gbogunmi and Gbotija using incantations? You did not see one of the warriors using thunder and lightning to fight?
Must you argue?
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by realmindz: 5:26am On Aug 19, 2023
MT:

So you agreed that you misrepresented the bolded in your previous post.

Cite an example where warriors were asked to fight to death in Yoruba history. I will be willing to learn from you.

Why would a movie like Jagunjagun not show the art of war, especially how Ogundiji consults his gods? It's a critical part. Did Ogunjimi lead a war as a general in the movie?

Painting Ogundiji as a bad person after being shown to rescue a king at the beginning didn't add up. They should have dug deep to come up with a fantastic reason .

"Atamo atamo" ni in Yoruba Language.

When someone talks too much, you begin to contradict yourself and type rubbish.
It’s obvious it’s impossible to satisfy everybody. So if Ogundiji had been the good person, you will still complain the movie was predictable.
Now the person you expected to be the hero of the movie became a villain, you are saying it didn’t add up.
Bros, go and direct your own movie.
Even games of thrones had good people becoming villain and bad people becoming heroes.
You just want to complain and trying to sound like one intelligent critic. Lol
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by realmindz: 5:35am On Aug 19, 2023
MT:
Wacky storyline. Nice visual effect.

Yorubas don't fight like Spartacus in war or in a fight challenge, the ending is so predictable and the story line is so tacky - A bad replica of "the woman king" movie.

Yorubas don't fight wars without consulting ifa, Ogun and other gods for directions. How many wars did Ogunjimi fight in the movie that made him Jagunjagun? War is taken seriously in Yorubaland and always well thought through and prepared for. The movie never reflects this.

The movie presents an invasion under the guise of a war

Femi Adebayo, dressing like a roman king, which I found so alien - should not have acted that part - Chatta or Lalude could have been spot on.

Wars were fought like Romans army with swords, without any consultation with the gods. Yorubas used charms, and other weapons, to fight in their wars but due consultations would be made to the gods.

Yorubas also don't have arenas, like the Romans, where they fight to death. Only Romans do. Local wrestling in Yoruba is for entertainment purposes.

All in all, for me:

Story Line - 20%

Visual Effect - 65%

PR (Hyping of the movie) - 100%

Please note, it is my experience, which I am entitled to. You are free to rate it as 100%.

Anikulapo movie still remains distant number 1

You are an ignorant person attempting to sound like an intelligent critic

Maybe this is what you meant by Roman dressing. What he was wearing was a long agbada and leopard skin. I wonder when Romans wore agbada and ileke

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

‘Coming 2 America’: Davido Invited To View His Hollywood Debut Movie / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Mike Ezuruonye Rocks Bald Hair In 'Our Landlord' Movie (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.