Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging (43244 Views)

10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun / Download Esin By Femi Adebayo Movie MP4 / "Alero's Diary" Nollywood Movie Gets Positive Reviews Online (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by DyshApp: 10:46pm On Aug 10, 2023
Nollywood actor, Femi Adebayo‘s movie titled ‘Jagun Jagun’ (The Warrior), which premiered on Netflix today, 10, August, shows that the Yoruba movie industry has really stepped up its game with movie productions.

From the cast, unpredictable storyline, bloodshed, and fight scene, plot twist, soundtrack, subtle love story and several stunts will definitely give you goosebumps.

Femi Adebayo had a few weeks ago, while announcing the movie with a trailer, said the dream of the new project is to surpass the achievements recorded by his 2022 epic Movie, Agensikole.

The movie tells the story of a violent and selfish leader of an elite army who is threatened when a mystical young warrior crossed his path.Ogundiji possesses a large army and a school where men from diverse villages across Yorubaland come to train and become warriors for their respective villages. One of these men will be Gbotija (Lateef Adedimeji), an indigene of the village of Iwon with the power to talk to trees; the man with whom the story begins.

The young man, a character played by Lateef Adedimeji, was determined to become a mighty warrior, and he joined the elite army, encountering the wrath of the maniacal warlord (Femi Adebayo) and the love of a woman.

Ogundiji is threatened and upset by this and decides to set Gbotija on a path of destruction by giving him three deadly tests under the guise of testing him for promotion.

Bimbo Ademoye wrote, "Never been this excited about August 10th In my life . Barely 20 minutes into this master piece and I'm already shaking. Dear uncle @femiadebayosalami , I know the hardwork and dedication you put into this masterpiece . "I'm not at all surprised at the result. Weldone sir and congratulations egbon. Jagun jagun is now showing on Netflix. I'd have said it stars your faves , but omo , even your faves' face dey inside.

Lateef Adedimeji, who broke down in tears, said he shot the movie in pain as he broke his leg and almost gave up, but Femi Adebayo’s constant encouragement at the movie location kept him going

Lateef bowed to Femi in the trending video as he addressed those present at the private screening, where he opened up on the challenges he faced as a cast on the movie.

will you watch this movie?

[url=https://dyshus.com/article/7a85d012-d662-4b57-ad31-b04e8bc679c0]

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by tolue42(m): 11:50pm On Aug 10, 2023
This movie is 10/10 for me..best Nollywood movie ever!

281 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by MT: 1:05am On Aug 11, 2023
Wacky storyline. Nice visual effect.

Yorubas don't fight like Spartacus in war or in a fight challenge, the ending is so predictable and the story line is so tacky - A bad replica of "the woman king" movie.

Yorubas don't fight wars without consulting ifa, Ogun and other gods for directions. How many wars did Ogunjimi fight in the movie that made him Jagunjagun? War is taken seriously in Yorubaland and always well thought through and prepared for. The movie never reflects this.

The movie presents an invasion under the guise of a war

Femi Adebayo, dressing like a roman king, which I found so alien - should not have acted that part - Chatta or Lalude could have been spot on.

Wars were fought like Romans army with swords, without any consultation with the gods. Yorubas used charms, and other weapons, to fight in their wars but due consultations would be made to the gods.

Yorubas also don't have arenas, like the Romans, where they fight to death. Only Romans do. Local wrestling in Yoruba is for entertainment purposes.

All in all, for me:

Story Line - 20%

Visual Effect - 65%

PR (Hyping of the movie) - 100%

Please note, it is my experience, which I am entitled to. You are free to rate it as 100%.

Anikulapo movie still remains distant number 1

180 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by tolue42(m): 6:54am On Aug 11, 2023
MT:

Yorubas don't fight like Spartacus in war or in a fight challenge, the ending is so predictable and the story line is so tacky - A bad replica of "the woman king" movie.

Femi Adebayo, dressing like a roman king, which I found so alien - should not have acted that part - Chatta or Lalude could have been spot on.

Wars were fought like Romans army with swords. Yorubas used charms to fight in their wars.

All in all, for me:

Story Line - 20%

Visual Effect - 65%

Anikulapo movie still remains distant number 1.

Lies here and there...
Yorubas used charms,swords and guns in the past..this movie is better than anikulapo.

347 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by kokoA(m): 7:08am On Aug 11, 2023
Half of the movie was "slow motion", I hate that. Why must every fight scene in nollywood be in slow motion? The storyline was quite predictable to. Anyways, I will give it an 8/10 by nollywood standard, it is better than all the nollywood movies I've seen this year.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by MT: 8:43am On Aug 11, 2023
tolue42:

Lies here and there...
Yorubas use charms and swords and guns in the past..this movie is better than anikulapo.

You don't need to say "lie here and there". It was my experience, respect it. Just like I respect yours.

It is an open fact that in the olden days Yoruba warriors chanted incantations in wars. Not fighting like Romans with swords.

Yorubas wouldn't just go to war without consulting their gods.

Yourbas didnt have arena like Spartacus where they fight to death.

Go and watch "the woman king" - they tried to copy that movie and it turned bad.

Viewers will get carried away with the wacky storyline because of the visual effect. It's not a well thought out my movie.

That's my experience. You have yours and I respect it.

As for me, Anikulapo remains far Number 1

109 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by tolue42(m): 9:50am On Aug 11, 2023
MT:

You don't need to say "lie here and there". It was my experience, respect it. Just like I respect yours.

It is an open fact that in the olden days Yoruba warriors chanted incantations in wars. Not fighting like Romans with swords.

Yourbas didnt have arena like Spartacus where they fight.

Go and watch "the woman king" - they tried to copy that movie and it turned bad.

Viewers will get carried away with the wacky storyline because of the visual effect. It's not a well thought out my movie.

This is a public domain, if you don't want people to criticize you, its better you don't share your opinion here..
https://www.jstor.org/stable/180053

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by MT: 9:57am On Aug 11, 2023
tolue42:

This is a public domain, if you don't want people to criticize you, its better you don't share your opinion here..
https://www.jstor.org/stable/180053

Your response gives me good impression about you. You want to "criticise" someone's experience on a thread.

I made my point without referencing your post, but you quoted my post while you were responding. What happens to respecting other people's perspective . You cant force your experience on me.

Consider this as my last post to you.

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Mynd44: 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2023
MT:

You have seen too many Abija and Fadeyi oloro movies sir.

The Yoruba states and those outside it fought large wars consisting of swords, aches, guns and the likes.

You think 2 thousand soldiers will face each other and be chanting?

300 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by osuulola(m): 5:39pm On Aug 11, 2023
Jagunjagun is a good one but there is a reason screen writing is a career in Hollywood.
The story as a whole is interesting to see. Coming from the Yoruba genre where Africa magic has made them lazy is a big push for the sect of Nolly wood.
The art direction was top-notch. The majority of the acting was awesome to say the least but the story development is not the best that it can be. Why is Ogundiji a terrible person? What is the need of showing the different kingdoms with no clear cut direction at first? Why did we learn Ogundiji had a son when he will not be a victim of revenge - except for part 2!
The school - I take is an idea from Spartacus - but what about showing us some classes. Then they were meant to be warriors but they did more of raiding. The honour of a warrior is lost in the needless murders of 'civilians'. Init?
It is possible the best Nigerian movie for a long time - it is definite the best action movie Yorubawood has ever since but Abija who create the genre deserved a shot and Lalude - those are the real veteran of the Yoruba action genres. I hope they get more scene time and be released from being used by skit makers.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by MT: 5:43pm On Aug 11, 2023
Mynd44:

You have seen too many Abija and Fadeyi olodo movies sir.

The Yoruba states and those outside it fought large wars consisting of swords, aches, guns and the likes.

Oga, Yorubas dont fight like Romans. That movie is a roman empire classic movie.

In the olden days, we read it that the two commanders will face themselves and chant incantations till one commander overwhelms the other. Then fight will ensue.

Yorubas will also invoke the spirit of their gods like ogun, IFA etc. before going into a war. In a movie titled Jagunjagun, show me one scene where this is done

Only Romans go to war with swords alone without charms.

The film misrepresents Yoruba culture so badly. Go and watch the "woman king" on netflix - it was a failed attempt to replicate it.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by MT: 5:45pm On Aug 11, 2023
osuulola:
Jagunjagun is a good one but there is a reason screen writing is a career in Hollywood.
The story as a whole is interesting to see. Coming from the Yoruba genre where Africa magic has made them lazy is a big push for the sect of Holly wood.
The art direction was top-notch. The majority of the acting was awesome to say the least but the story development is not the best that it can be. Why is Ogundiji a terrible person? What is the need of showing the different kingdoms with no clear cut direction at first? Why did we learn Ogundiji had a son when he will not be a victim of revenge - except for part 2!
The school - I take is an idea from Spartacus - but what about showing us some classes. Then they were meant to be warriors but they did more of raiding. The honour of a warrior is lost in the needless murders of 'civilians'. Init?
It is possible the best Nigerian movie for a long time - it is definite the best action movie Yorubawood has ever since but Abija who create the genre deserved a shot and Lalude - those are the real veteran of the Yoruba action genres. I hope they get more scene time and be released from being used by skit makers.

I respect your review. Top notch!

11 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Omoawoke: 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2023
I really underestimated that movie

22 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Omoawoke: 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2023
MT:

Oga, Yorubas dont fight like Romans. That movie is a roman empire classic movie.

In the olden days, we read it that the two commanders will face themselves and chant incantations till one commander overwhelms the other. Then fight will ensue.

The film misrepresents Yoruba culture so badly. Go and watch the "woman king" on netflix - it was a failed attempt to replicate it.

I understand your point but bro, I don’t see any resemblance to romance there. Do Romans wear charms?

But they tried to make it entertaining. And it also covered Yoruba culture. The use of charms and incantations, represented.
I’ll call it a good effort

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Omoawoke: 6:23pm On Aug 11, 2023
The use of ogun (war) ogun (charm) ogun (medicine) oogun(sweat) will send non Yoruba speakers crazy 🤣

151 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Demayour: 9:18pm On Aug 11, 2023
Mynd44:

You have seen too many Abija and Fadeyi olodo movies sir.

That's what happens when the perception of Yoruba culture is based only Lalude, Ábíjà, Fadeyi et al.

Yorubas used arrows, machetes etc and fought on horses.

114 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by jagorinho: 4:38am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

This is an upgrade on Anikulapo, you are talking about storyline ,yet infusing Anikulapo into the discussion, Anikulapo's storyline is very basic but aided by other good production components. Anikulapo is even inferior to King of thieves when you compare storyline....I no know how una dey watch una movies?

Who told you Yorubas don't use swords in fighting back in the days? Yorubas use short knives, Spears, double edged sword, single edged sword but the only misconception is that Yorubas swords are darker in shade, about the arena, where do you expect warriors to train? On the farm?

Abeg, that movie is the best Nollywood movie this decade. Even foreign outlets are in awe, I have read extremely positive reviews from British, Indian and American blogs.

144 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by jagorinho: 4:42am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

Lol at your ignorance, most of the casualties in the Yoruba wars were by hacking, how many people dey use guns that time.please if you do not know much on a subject, you can always read more on it.

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by AlfajiriAfrika: 7:09am On Aug 12, 2023
I'm still skeptical about the movie, can anyone truthfully rate the movie?

2 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by hspda: 7:09am On Aug 12, 2023
The hype around this movie is dame huge

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by iCauseTrouble: 7:09am On Aug 12, 2023
Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:10am On Aug 12, 2023
E tried

MT:

Wars were fought like Romans army with swords. Yorubas used charms to fight in their wars.

All in all, for me:

Story Line - 20%

Visual Effect - 65%

Anikulapo movie still remains distant number 1.

if u watched till end, u would have seen chatta ready for war in part 2.. its not bad at all but ,what was uploaded for NETFLIX UK, wasn't Yoruba version bt Translated.. I heard incantation in English first time in my life sounded like TOASTING POEMS angry

Mynd44:

You have seen too many Abija and Fadeyi oloro movies sir.

Are u saying na Gen z ? cheesy

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by Vinnie2000(m): 7:11am On Aug 12, 2023
The Film na Yeye fiim, even though I Neva Watch am. undecided

Just give me those Zubby Michael and Destiny E'Thick'o, Asaba films. smiley

Or correct Johnny Sins and Rachel Starr 'Blockbusters'! 😊😎

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by happney65: 7:11am On Aug 12, 2023
MT:

The film is titled JAGUN JAGUN (WARRIOR)
So why you dey vex say fight too much for the film? grin

You people and unnecessarily complaining like women.. Nice movie joo

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by PlayerMeji: 7:11am On Aug 12, 2023
Good

1 Like

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by ecolime(m): 7:11am On Aug 12, 2023
I need to watch the movie. The story and hype is everywhere. With Femi, Lateef, Bimbo and Chatta as members of cast, it will definitely be worth my time.

4 Likes

Re: Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging by raskymonojendor: 7:12am On Aug 12, 2023
That movie na 10/10. It's "almost" placed in the same category as the Oleku, Saworoide, Koseegbe, Owoblow, Tioluwanile e.t.c

YoungLionken:
I understand the subtle advert and promo. But most Yoruba movies are always about charms, demonic incantations,etc. Apart from that, it becomes empty..

They should outgrow that stage, seriously...
It's like saying Indians should outgrow their movies that is always filled with Hindu gods.

Demayour:

That's what happens when the perception of Yoruba culture is based only Lalude, Ábíjà, Fadeyi et al.

Yorubas used arrows, machetes etc and fought on horses.
100%. Oyo and the Ijebus had calvaries (Soldiers on horses).
MT:

Yorubas had swords called "ida" not to be mistaken for "ada" cutlass. Different pronunciation.

53 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ike Confronts Tuoyo Over Mercy At Saturday Night: 'Don’t Try Me, I’m A Gangsta’ / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Mike Ezuruonye Rocks Bald Hair In 'Our Landlord' Movie (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.