Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, (15277 Views)

Is This Why Relationships Are Stressful? / Most Distance Relationships Are Pure Scam. / This Lady Vows To Destroy So Many Relationships This Yuletide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by IyaTola: 12:57am On Aug 11, 2023
Many relationships are a mistake, it shouldn't have started in the first place, and no matter how much one holds onto it, it will not turn out to be right. Any relationship where you are abused, belittled, made to feel less of a human is a mistake. Unfortunately, one of the parties, who does not understand this, will cling on to the relationship because they love their partner or because of how much time and resources has been invested in the relationship.

It's not sensible to hold on to a relationship because you spent a lot of years or time trying to make it work. The sad part of that story is, this relationship keeps hurting these individuals, their hearts are constantly being broken by their partner.

If you really value your life and happiness, you won't allow anyone to devalue you, in the name of a relationship. If they keep cheating on you when you are dating, what makes you think that if they get married to you, they will change? If they keep lying to you, do you think you can ever trust them one day?

Making mistakes is part of growth and being in wrong relationships should not make you conclude that such relationships is your fate. You must admit your mistake, learn from that and correct it by letting go. A partner who constantly hurts you or breaks your heart cannot heal or help you.

It is pointless stressing yourself over a partner who is not willing to change. And you need to understand that, loving them is not enough to change them. Learn to love such a person from a distance.

In conclusion, "Wise people see trouble coming and get out of its way, but fools go straight to it and suffer for it" - Proverbs 22:3..

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by abiolamitodun(m): 4:47am On Aug 11, 2023
Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by Obaaderemi2: 6:28am On Aug 11, 2023
This is one of the most sensible opinions ever on nairaland. This thread can save thousands of lives if studied and followed.

You are in a relationship where your partner cheats or shames you without remorse and you are still holding on thinking they would change or that time will heal you, you are playing with your mental and physical health.
That relationship can send you to hell if there's actually something like hell. Even if they don't cheat again it's not because of you. It's because of the last person they cheated with. They're satisfied with the either the physical or emotional content. Or with both and they're laughing at you behind your back.

It's more complicated if it happens after marriage and children are involved. But still, think about yourself!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 11, 2023
Very nice post

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by Puss360(f): 7:19am On Aug 11, 2023
Lol... It happens.. We just pray to God to give us the mental strength to leave such relationship coz it's very hard..

Some guys find it hard to leave their relationship when girl gives good sex and can cook despite the fact that this same girl has bad manners to him Nd his family and sometimes can be aggressive...
Same with some girls, find it hard to leave a relationship where the guy has money and us very good in bed and very handsome to the extent other girls jealous her.. this same guy still has eyes for this girl, no cheating on his part... But this same guy is very strict and can be violent and sometimes beaten the girl on some occasions!!!!

May God help us grin grin
I don't tolerate aggressiveness or shouting o...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by Sonnobax15(m): 7:20am On Aug 11, 2023
lipsrsealed
Nice.......

Not all relationship are bound to lead to marriage........

Especially now that westernazition tends to have more negative effect on it...

4 Likes

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by Rokiat(f): 7:41am On Aug 11, 2023
All facts.

3 Likes

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by Zigzagman: 8:49am On Aug 11, 2023
Truer words never said

2 Likes

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by Edipet(m): 9:02am On Aug 11, 2023
Must you relate?

2 Likes

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by IyaTola: 7:46pm On Aug 11, 2023
wink
IconicR:
Very nice post
Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by DonroxyII: 4:38pm On Aug 15, 2023
Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
Whatever you do, don't allow sex come in first. It becloud your sense of evaluation and judgement grin grin
When you realize you aren't made for each other it's easier to let go. Be friends, know your intending partner but most importantly know thyself first.

You see the last part, it's very very important. Most people do not know who they are before allowing someone else in. So you see them loving Kola's blue eyes today, falling for Emeka's abs tomorrow then all of a sudden Umaru's brown eyes is giving. Same with Men too, you see a man looking for a born again with ashawo vibes or a sugar baby with sugar mummy's vibes grin grin

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by IyaTola: 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
Persephone1:
Whatever you do, don't allow sex come in first. It becloud your sense of evaluation and judgement grin grin
When you realize you aren't made for each other it's easier to let go. Be friends, know your intending partner but most importantly know thyself first.

You see the last part, it's very very important. Most people do not know who they are before allowing someone else in. So you see them loving Kola's blue eyes today, falling for Emeka's abs tomorrow then all of a sudden Umaru's brown eyes is giving. Same with Men too, you see a man looking for a born again with ashawo vibes or a sugar baby with sugar mummy's vibes grin grin
This is what most of them have become.

4 Likes

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by ThiefnubuBandit: 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2023
Abeg no time for relationship matters now. This Nigeria economy dey kill sexual urge.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by Chiedu4Trump: 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2023
I agree oh!

all the dating I no gain jack.

Now to remain excited by one babe dey hard.

3 Likes

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by atobs4real(m): 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2023
That's life.
Inside life things happen in life

1 Like

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by BabaIbo: 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2023
Relationship is not mathematics to be honest, no be wetin you fit just calculate on but still you need to be smart and wise not to fall into the wrong hands.

The lady I'm dating came at an unexpected time, she came at a time I was trying to start something with another lady.
She has made me realize that most often people search for love or relationship the wrong way.

Thank God for life!

5 Likes

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by atobs4real(m): 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2023
That's life.
Not surprised
Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by saphiere(f): 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2023
Nigerian men have turned relationship to sex-satisfying scheme.
They go into relationship with the intend to have sex.
The most annoying part is the rape part.

4 Likes

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by atobs4real(m): 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2023
That's life.
Not surprised with various happenings
Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by John4B: 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2023
Tinubu Again?
Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by Rubyjade: 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2023
Apart from wasting one's time if it falls apart, the unsatisfied tensions and all, not to talk of the risk of traveling to visit the person. God forbid one dies via accident on their way to visit what will you tell your maker?

When you are so sexually frustrated who will be there to deliver you? D love at the other side of the phone? Mtcheeeew.

P.S, If you've known your partner before distance came in between fine and Good. That works atleast you know him or her.

But social media distance relationships are Scams(might work 4 few). Not to talk of so many psychos on the lose waiting for an unsuspecting victim.
So reason it well before you enter a time wasting venture in d guise of a distance relationship.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by theophorus(m): 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2023
She like you when She never gain Admission to Uni. After she gain Admission she meet so "big girls" who introduce her to some 'big gods sorry big dogs I mean' and gradually they turn her to Bitch.

Fact is the relationship was never a mistake but the Priorities changed along the line and a good partner becomes food for the street and a wise fellow will drop the bitch for the street.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by DWJOBScom(m): 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2023
I agree
It was hasty
It was one sided
It was unplanned
Both parties had poor or non existing relationship goals
Both are kids
Both have never read a book on relationship

2 Likes

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by Almiron: 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2023
I don’t offer relationship advice, but if you…..

4 Likes

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2023
So person wey never enter relationship never do mistake. As in a good mistake comitted is when you enter a relationship.
I disagree
Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by Lama70(m): 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=125028398][/quote]

Even many marriages.

1 Like

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by wittywriter: 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2023
Most people do not master self discovery before going into a relationship.

Wittyness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by Sonnobax15(m): 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2023
undecided
Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by Johnnyposh: 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2023
This is very true man,I’m just 26 years now,I regret starting the relationship cos I later impregnated her and I married her cos of the love I have for her,but I forgot that I’m not emotionally and financially ready and now with us having our daughter that will turn to 2 years Old in November,I can’t cater for them well and I’m very guilty,man you don’t know how I do cry every night cos I can’t take care of my family well,I regret it so bad.

12 Likes

Re: Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, by BoldBrainz(m): 5:13pm On Aug 16, 2023
A thread created on August 11th is just hitting the front page and the comments are still on the first page. Evidence to show that the entire content is useless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? / When Being Loving Becomes Inevitable / "Old Slay Queens Should Retire" - Nigerian Teens says Online, Share Raunchy Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.