Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? (15284 Views)

Does Being Funny Ever Get You Laid ?? 18+ / Rich Ladies - Does Being Financially Stable Make U Hard 2 Get? / What Does Being "single" Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by vivianc(f): 2:31am On Aug 27, 2012
Why is it that being a good person is being perceived as weak and foolish? most times it seems being good doesn't pay off anymore cos u will be exploited, ridiculed and taken advantage of while the wicked are being celebrated. Must one be ruthless in business in order to make profit? Must a student sort to come out with good grades? Must a lady sleep with a man to get a job or any other favour? Must a politician lie to get elected? Must one glorify himself or "join the trend" to fit in or be appreciated? Must one be manipulative to get what he wants in life? Must we all practice survival by deception? What happens to those who can't? Is there any hope for them? Does evil ever prevail over good? Why do we celebrate evil instead of good? I'm a firm believer of being a good person becos I believe for everything good thing I do someone is a better person because of it. But sometimes it seems it doesn't just pay off!!!!

14 Likes

Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by Nobody: 6:13am On Aug 27, 2012
Being good pays off eventually. Some people will steer from doing good because the results or rewards are not met immediately. Politicians, cheats, liars, crooks, etc., all get what they want and claim they are "happy". How long does that happiness last? We should ask Ibori.

Those who fly in the right direction and are patient will reap their rewards.

11 Likes

Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by 2goodbobo(m): 7:31am On Aug 27, 2012
Not immediately but it does pay eventually!
Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 27, 2012
Thought I was the only one who had been pondering on this matter angry

4 Likes

Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by commited(m): 7:51am On Aug 27, 2012
vivian chinaza: Why is it that being a good person is being perceived as weak and foolish? most times it seems being good doesn't pay off anymore cos u will be exploited, ridiculed and taken advantage of while the wicked are being celebrated. Must one be ruthless in business in order to make profit? Must a student sort to come out with good grades? Must a lady sleep with a man to get a job or any other favour? Must a politician lie to get elected? Must one glorify himself or "join the trend" to fit in or be appreciated? Must one be manipulative to get what he wants in life? Must we all practice survival by deception? What happens to those who can't? Is there any hope for them? Does evil ever prevail over good? Why do we celebrate evil instead of good? I'm a firm believer of being a good person becos I believe for everything good thing I do someone is a better person because of it. But sometimes it seems it doesn't just pay off!!!!
i feel your words and emotions from your heart. 1st and foremost, i want 2 say don't eva stop 2 do what you know is right to do ( there is a portion of the scription that says 'to him that knoweth to do good and refuseth to do it, to such one, it is a sim') and that you are convienced within you that it's going to be grate impact to others and may be you. others may not appreciate you for that. Some might say you are just trying to show off. If you meant it for good, GOD see your heart and HE will definitely bless n favour you for that. Have been there and in fact, am still xperience it. You may not be able to change the world but your deeds and work for others will. may be now or after you.
I pray The Grace of GOD to be in you not to deviate from your good work and HIS HOLY SPIRIT to always LEAD and GUIDE you. Keep on the good work.

4 Likes

Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by ayobase(m): 9:07am On Aug 27, 2012
It pays off so much.....EVENTUALLY.
Its an habit everyone should inculcate.
Im equivalent to that....and Im always happy and fulfilled, even though Im not being appreciated....WTH....I didnt do it for u in the first place, but unto God!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by greedie1(f): 9:19am On Aug 27, 2012
Its good to be good for d sake of being good... If ur aim is to be appreciated, den u may just end up frustrated, little wonder ple often say dat d one tin worse dan being bad is spending eternity being good!

Being good pays off eventually, u seldom get an immediate result nd our ability to kip on doing good despite d set backs shows dat we aim 4 d greater good. Dats wat we r fighting 4 ryt?

1 Like

Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by leixinai: 9:37am On Aug 27, 2012
You may not be able to change the world but your deeds and work for others will. may be now or after you.
I pray The Grace of GOD to be in you not to deviate from your good work and HIS HOLY SPIRIT to always LEAD and GUIDE you. Keep on the good work.
[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/iPhone.gif[/img]
Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by leixinai: 9:40am On Aug 27, 2012
[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/iPhone.gif[/img]

Welcome guy and nice to meet you
Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 27, 2012
ogugua88: Being good pays off eventually. Some people will steer from doing good because the results or rewards are not met immediately. Politicians, cheats, liars, crooks, etc., all get what they want and claim they are "happy". How long does that happiness last? We should ask Ibori.

Those who fly in the right direction and are patient will reap their rewards.

Ibori is not and was not the only thief we have as politicians in Nigeria, he was only unfortunate and fell out of ties with Mr. President, thats all...we have billions of thieves in Nigeria and world over enjoying and waxing big day after day.

@topic, evil prevails in this present world cos this present world is EVIL...so evil must prevail over good. Do not expect a reward of your good here on earth else you won't get it cos this world reward evil more than good becos it is a temporal place meant to prepare us. It is heartbreaken though; but what can we do about it Nothing of course. But whoever thinks because he or she is good must therefore get good things, viz. best job for being the best student, etc, best husband for being a good girl or say staying a virgin, vis visa, win election for being a nice man and a philanthropist, etc and maybe always get all kinds of good things in life for being good, is only wasting time for nothing cos life doesn't operate that way and will never operate like that. if life operate like that, only dedicated born again christians ought to have been rich, leaders, celebrities, best students, get married to best spouses, but still will see virgin girls with excellent character and all ending up with horrible husbands or boyfriends, and perceived bad girls ending up with the best husbands and boyfriends and still bear wonderful children and live happily for long while some good spouses keep searching n crying for children.

Generally, life is beyond being good persay...it spans beyond our own understanding. just be good for the fact that u love being good not necessarily because u want to get the best or say good things in return cos they don't always come! Unfair though.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by uniqueren(f): 10:25am On Aug 27, 2012
good always prevails.
but the problem is the good do NOTHING except doing good
while the bad tries doing SOMETHING by luring the good to do bad
so its not all about doing good
but doing the good in such a way that the bad takes a cue from u
Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by KingSolomonI: 10:31am On Aug 27, 2012
There is no substitute for being good. The rewards are immeasurable and you will be able to sleep well at night,it also boosts your confidence.

3 Likes

Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by BJ4REEL(m): 11:17am On Aug 27, 2012
I derive hapiness & satisfaction from doing good to other people,not because i want something in return,but coz i know its d right thing to do.the motive behind what you are doing,should go beyound doing it for reward..
And Yea,your right,doing good doesnt seems to pay anymore,little wonder,good pple suffer most...
Doing d right thing should be d drive,like a saying in yoruba,;anything bad,doesnt have another name,,when its not good,then its not good...eventually,one way or d other,it pays to be good...
P.S
Lets all strive to do d right thing,so as to make our world a better place!

1 Like

Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2012
DailyNews: Ibori is not and was not the only thief we have as politicians in Nigeria, he was only unfortunate and fell out of ties with Mr. President, thats all...we have billions of thieves in Nigeria and world over enjoying and waxing big day after day.

I used him as example.
Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2012
ogugua88:

I used him as example.

I understand but still not all good people get rewarded and not all bad people get rewarded so we cannot draw line...until we get to heaven and see who and who made it and who did not...lol...I still insist that we are in an evil world that supports and rewards evil people better than good people...present pope was a NAZI soldier who must have killed some innocent Jews and now he is a pope, a world celebrated man...while some good people were sent beyond 6ft through his actions back in 1940's...so what do we have to say?

1 Like

Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by claremont(m): 2:04pm On Aug 27, 2012
The people who have my utmost respect are those who go about doing good for ITS OWN SAKE. They don't do good because a 2000 year old book instructed them to do it, neither do they do good in a sadistic attempt at proselytising their religion; they do good because they know that the capacity to do good/bad is innate in all human beings.

I live my life by the golden rule i.e. treat others like I would like to be treated.

6 Likes

Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by jbrodaly(m): 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2012
Well I read somewhere that is no good person.If we should go according to your definition maybe "being too good" is what might not be ideal as humans would not appreciate you.Now,we don't do good for the sake of humans.No we don't!So we ought not to think about what or how are gonna be paid for doing or being good persons.
Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 30, 2012
IT PAYS OFF, BUT HERE IN NIGERIA, BEING HONEST IS BEING STUPID. ONLY CRIMINALS ARE WELCOME IN THIS GOD FORSAKEN COUNTRY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by omayyi: 10:19am On Aug 30, 2012
In the south, especially lagos;

Being good=mugu=mumu
Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by Abujafood: 10:21am On Aug 30, 2012
My own experience has taught me being good only pays off when it's backed with wisdom.

Like the good book says be as gentle as doves but wise as serpents. People can't take advantage of a good man who is also wise tell me how they hope to succeed?

Let's see a few examples of good paying off.

1. Nelson Mandela fought for freedom and equality did it pay off?

2. Ghandi fought for the same cause

3. Mother Teresa and Princess Diana are legends till date. Did their good works pay off?

I think we should learn something important, as a good person extend goodness to those who deserve it more like saying don't cast your pearls before swines because they will ridicule and despice you for it.

To know whether good pays off or not, know who you're dealing with first before choosing to apply your good works or else you may extend it to swines and suffer for doing so.

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by purplekayc(m): 10:21am On Aug 30, 2012
In Nigeria?? undecided people will take u 4 a fool after some time. Ooo
Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by acidtalk: 10:21am On Aug 30, 2012
Whether Good pays or not, Heaven and Hell fire will always remain the determing factor of ones deed on this earth.

The most important thing to do good not because you want people to notice and praise you but rather to sow a good seed ahead of you.

The fear of KARMA should always stand as one's guide.
Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 30, 2012
On the long run,it pays to be good.
I just don't know why good people don't last as their evil counterpart.
Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by OgidiOlu3(m): 10:22am On Aug 30, 2012
It pays off eventually! People actually notice the little good things you do. The bad thing about doing good is that people mistake your kindness for weakness.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by rickiross(m): 10:22am On Aug 30, 2012
A buddy of mine asked a similar question which goes like this; "Where does doing good really get you?". The answer I gave him is the same one I would give you, It gets you behind the sharpest guy. grin

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by Obinoscopy(m): 10:30am On Aug 30, 2012
Yeah it does in a very subtle way
Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by Emusan(m): 10:33am On Aug 30, 2012
All unrightousness is a sin.

I'm coming soon and my reward are with me to give each and everyone according to his work.

If you luv good ting continue u wil surely hav d reward

likewise if you luv evil continue u will surely hav your reward 2o.

'To dem who knw gud and faileth to do it, to dem is a sin'.

Emma...Bleep

1 Like

Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 30, 2012
Hell no, it doesn't
Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by marabout(m): 10:40am On Aug 30, 2012
Considering the madness of naija society these days, being good is difficult and doesn't pay the way you expect.

If you have children, they may be the ones to get the reward of your kindness.

That's how I comfort myself having been taken for a ride very many times.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:41am On Aug 30, 2012
It's good to be good.
Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by Afam4eva(m): 10:41am On Aug 30, 2012
The reward for doing good is waiting for goo-doers in heaven. If you're expecting anything from this wicked world then think again. I've spent the better part of my life doing good and nobody seems to be appreciative of it. People see good-doers as 1diots that can be milked and exploited. They see us dopemus that can be maneuvered to keep coughing out goodies.
Re: Does Being A Good Person Really Pay Off? by megxo(m): 10:43am On Aug 30, 2012
sad more lyk returning 18 mil i found in my CAB angry in 9ja, being gud sucks attimes wo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Any Idea On What To Wear On A First Date ? / When Being Loving Becomes Inevitable / Am I Too Introverted? Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.