Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? (13459 Views)

6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend / Male Best Friend Or Girlfriend:who Should Sit On The Passanger Sit? / ~My Male Best Friend Wants More . . . ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by noblegas2(m): 10:31am On Oct 13, 2011
Nayah:

Nothing wrong brother but sometimes you want to have your own friends, not obliges to "stick" your partner you know what I mean? of course I wish I could be your half easily talk with you but sometimes I think it's good to have your onw "social life"

I aint disputing the fact that you might wana have your own `SOCIAL LIFE` but at the same time, we all know what happens when two people of the opposite sex get used to each other for long, feelings come in and from there,YOU-KNOW-WHATS-GONA-HAPPEN!

I was just wondering, if you are in a relationship presently, Do you have a male as your best friend apart from your husband/boyfriend? smiley
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by DaDoctor: 10:32am On Oct 13, 2011
Nayah:

Hello Da Doctor just read above what I said smiley

THANK GOD OUR FAMILY LAWYER IS ON NL. STICK TO THE RULE. WE HAVE A TARGET. LETS NOT FILE SUITS. cheesy cheesy
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by DaDoctor: 10:33am On Oct 13, 2011
noble_gas1:

I aint disputing the fact that you might wana have your own `SOCIAL LIFE` but at the same time, we all know what happens when two people of the opposite sex get used to each other for long, feelings come in and from there,YOU-KNOW-WHATS-GONA-HAPPEN!

I was just wondering, if you are in a relationship presently, Do you have a male as your best friend apart from your husband/boyfriend? smiley

NOPE. ITS ONLY DA DOCTOR. cheesy cheesy
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by noblegas2(m): 10:36am On Oct 13, 2011
Da Doctor:

NOPE. ITS ONLY DA DOCTOR. cheesy cheesy

lol, i would rather prefer nayah to answer that!
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by DaDoctor: 10:38am On Oct 13, 2011
noble_gas1:

lol, i would rather prefer nayah to answer that!

I THINK MY LAWYER WOULD BE THE BEST FIT cool
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by blackmale(m): 10:40am On Oct 13, 2011
@ NAYAH,,, you might be right about having your social friends,,, it always doesnt work out,, when it is a male /female thing, it eventually leads to temptation,, instead of that you can make your bf/husband  everything you want.
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by DaDoctor: 10:44am On Oct 13, 2011
blackmale:

@ NAYAH,,, you might be right about having your social friends,,, it always doesnt work out,, when it is a male /female thing, it eventually leads to temptation,, instead of that you can make your bf/husband everything you want.

I have warned her already! She has taken note. cool cool
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by kingsots(m): 10:50am On Oct 13, 2011
First of all its difficult for a man and woman to maintain a platonic relationship without emotions running deep. Now a married woman to have a male as her best friend? I don't think its advisable, if everything is going on well in the marriage her husband should be her best friend.
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Rehobothv: 11:00am On Oct 13, 2011
Yeah a married woman can have a male best friend only if she can allow her husband have a female best friend. She is not the only one that enjoys the company of the opposite sex!!!
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nayah(f): 11:49am On Oct 13, 2011
@Noble gas my brother, when I'm in relationship the question is never asked, my fiance trust me and know my surroundings, I think it's about, trust, awarness and respect, I can't leave my male best frienf I know before I knew my fiance because we're together this guy is like my brother, and you would nver leave your brother do you??

Blackmale, you know everything is about strong mind and what you want in life, if you have clear ideas why don't you mind about having a female friend? when you think about the worst is when you're in condition to cheat inconsciently, well I don't smiley
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by DaDoctor: 11:53am On Oct 13, 2011
Nayah:

@Noble gas my brother, when I'm in relationship the question is never asked, my fiance trust me and know my surroundings, I think it's about, trust, awarness and respect, I can't leave my male best frienf I know before I knew my fiance because we're together this guy is like my brother, and you would nver leave your brother do you??

Blackmale, you know everything is about strong mind and what you want in life, if you have clear ideas why don't you mind about having a female friend? when you think about the worst is when you're in condition to cheat inconsciently, well I don't smiley

see u in court
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by blackmale(m): 11:56am On Oct 13, 2011
@ NAYAH,  well, it depends on individual opinion though, but as far as im concerned i dont think there shud be third party in serious relationship,, eventhough there shud be, it must be ordinary friend, nothing like BEST or CLOSER MALE FRIENDS, IMO though,,,,
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 13, 2011
So that she would tell her 'male best friend' how quickly you ejaculate, and how you don't know how to make love like xyz, and other supposedly private family matters, etc. Lol. We all know how good women are with keeping 'secrets'. But for real, the kids that are here talking about 'trust' are worse than naive. What has 'trust' got to do with crass stupidity, irresponsibility, indiscretion, and playing with fire? Who told you any human being can be predicted? And if you cannot be predicted, how can you be fully trusted? When the 'thing' happens, or when the mumu 'secure' and trusting husband finds out about the sordid things going on, the story would come to NL, and the same kids here would change the story to 'if you love her you would forgive her'. Mumus through and through.

1 Like

Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 13, 2011
Ok!
It's not wrong to have a male friend, but having a Male best friend is what should be avoided by all means! When you are married, whether male or female, only your spouse has Irrevocable rights to your time and energy! Communication with a member of the opposite sex apart from you spouse either by facebook, twitter,( Nairaland  grin), phone conversations or face to face conversations would incontrovertibly be deemed a betrayal of trust, especially when you allow you discussions to gravitate and perambulate towards personal matters, including problems or disappointments in your marriage. Emotional dependency on that male/female friend could grow, especially when the person seems to be nice and more friendly that your spouse! If i'm married to you, i expect that our personal lives should be between us and should strictly be confidential! So while i can allow you have male friends, abeg, know your boundaries, cos when you tell too much about us, emotional quagmire could creep in to heart, which could discombobulate you quintuplicatedly & invariably lead to a catastrophic marital disaster! Before you also decide to keep a male best friend, would you be happy if i did the same? Your spouse is your first responsibility! If by chance you notice that your relationship with a so called male friend is gravitating towards male BEST friend, and your emotional feelings for your spouse has started to be compartmentalized & marginalized to an extreme unacceptable parabolic trajectory, pls pls & pls, take appropriate measures, to nip that inappropriate friendship in the bud, before it conflagrates! smiley
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by blackmale(m): 12:06pm On Oct 13, 2011
@ pro1 and sexkills, you guys re making sense jare,,
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by jidewin(m): 12:09pm On Oct 13, 2011
Heh heheheh you make me laugh, You are simply looking for an excuse to commit adultery under the guise of a "Male Best Friend".My dear i have been there and likewise many others and i can reliably tell you, YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR SINS, NOW or LATER.Some have paid with their lives,some have lost their health,some have lost their joy,the list goes on, your spouse is and should be your best friend, WORK ON YOUR RELATIONSHIP and PRAY.Ditto.
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nayah(f): 12:31pm On Oct 13, 2011
Blackmale and Da Doctor it always have worked with me I've never had problem, on the contrary I knew some "close" couple who broke up because they were a bit fake, I think you can love someone and giving him some space, I said "some"
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Kwanlo(m): 12:39pm On Oct 13, 2011
Y cant ur husband be your "male bestfriend". Male bestfriend ko! I think as a husband, I can have a female bestfriend too. We can discuss stuff, go to the movies, share secrets, hold hands and do every other ridiculus activity we can think of while justifying myself that I cant do anything wrong as a married man. I guess its even more ridiculous as a house wife because u av more than enof bestfriends already in ur husband and kids.
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nayah(f): 12:48pm On Oct 13, 2011
Kwanlo:

Y cant your husband be your "male bestfriend". Male bestfriend ko! I think as a husband, I can have a female bestfriend too. We can discuss stuff, go to the movies, share secrets, hold hands and do every other ridiculus activity we can think of while justifying myself that I cant do anything wrong as a married man. I guess its even more ridiculous as a house wife because u av more than enof bestfriends already in your husband and kids.

I think many brothers here are mistaken, I didn't say my husband can't be my BEST friend and of course I would have to cousult and talk to him, but BEFORE you got married you got social friend, and some became your brothers! so you have to avoid them because you get married? Well this is not my definition of loyalty and friendship sorry dears
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 13, 2011
I Repeat: Having a "male friend" & Having a Male BEST friend, are two different things. . .

I can accept the former, but the latter? HELL NO!. . . It's completely unacceptable, in ALL ramifications!
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by MrCork17: 1:03pm On Oct 13, 2011
Sexxxxkillz, Bro shouldn’t you be worryin about your school homework instead of women palava? undecided
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nayah(f): 1:06pm On Oct 13, 2011
sexkillz:

I Repeat: Having a "male friend" & Having a Male BEST friend, are two different things. . .

I can accept the former, but the latter? HELL NO!. . . It's completely unacceptable, in ALL ramifications!

And the first one could take your friend away too, for me it depends on your WIFE not on the guy because a relationship is about 2 people, not one way love
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by ChifineG(f): 1:16pm On Oct 13, 2011
I don't think it's advisable for a married woman to have a male best friend aside her husband. As a married woman your bestfriend should be your husband.
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by ibx1976: 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2011
No!

Your best friend is your husband.
You may have male "friends" but they should not be elevated to the stutus of "best".
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2011
Nayah:

And the first one could take your friend away too, for me it depends on your WIFE not on the guy because a relationship is about 2 people, not one way love
Errm. . . On which side of the equation are you? You seem to be leaning on two different opinions, from your responses so far!. . .
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Sexxxxkillz, Bro shouldn’t you be worryin about your school homework instead of women palava? undecided
. . . . . Peckham's Puppy, has your Mistress fed you this morning? undecided
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by http(m): 1:28pm On Oct 13, 2011
Why do you want to start what you can't finish? having a male or female best friend is another way of commiting adultry, ur wife or husband should be ur best friend. All this i can control myself, bla bla bla is all lies.

There is no man or woman on earth that can predict what he or she can do or capable of doing; God said do not move near fornication, let alone doing it. Tell me what is the discussion will be like with a Male or female best friend? that will not go into ur personal life in ur marriage. Infact, the reason for calling someone BEST FRIEND is you discussed personal matter with them, that all; so you want to discuss about your marrieage and other things with someone is not good enough to be your husband or wife.

Why can't you marry this so called Male or Female best friend when you were still single?

People just come with different excuse to commit furnication and destroy their marriage, relationship and life.
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nayah(f): 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2011
http:

Why do you want to start what you can't finish? having a male or female best friend is another way of commiting adultry, your wife or husband should be your best friend. All this i can control myself, bla bla bla is all lies.

There is no man or woman on earth that can predict what he or she can do or capable of doing; God said do not move near fornication, let alone doing it. Tell me what is the discussion will be like with a Male or female best friend? that will not go into your personal life in your marriage. Infact, the reason for calling someone BEST FRIEND is you discussed personal matter with them, that all; so you want to discuss about your marrieage and other things with someone is not good enough to be your husband or wife.

Why can't you marry this so called Male or Female best friend when you were still single?

People just come with different excuse to commit furnication and destroy their marriage, relationship and life.

Another way to be unfaithful?? sincerly I respect your opinion, but I totally disagree marriage is not prison, is about communication, respect and understanding
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by blackmale(m): 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2011
@ NAYAH, what is respect and understanding has to do with all these, everybody in this forum is against it, and couple of guys have given you reasonable fact towards this, you re still defending it logically,,,,, well it might be working for you though!
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Igosun: 2:19pm On Oct 13, 2011
I do have one right from my higher institution days though he's still my friend but "my husband has snatched him away from me they are now very very close. In fact they was a day they both told me that God created me to make them( my husband n my male friend) brothers.

Am jealous o but i don leave them grin
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nayah(f): 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2011
blackmale:

@ NAYAH, what is respect and understanding has to do with all these, everybody in this forum is against it, and couple of guys have given you reasonable fact towards this, you re still defending it logically,,,,, well it might be working for you though!

Everybody doesn't mean this is absolute truth brother, remember GALILEE's theory
Understanding= before him you created a close friend network
Respect= as her wife I have to fix limits and always be faithful

If these things are fixed there's no problem, hope I made it clear now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What Some Girls Never Learn / How Does A Woman Feel If She Reamins A Virgin Till Married? / Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.