Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,914 members, 7,810,511 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century (7964 Views)

Ghana's Currency Slumps To World’s Worst Performer Versus Dollar / Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China / Melania Trump Visits The Great Pyramid And The Sphinx In Egypt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by seguno2: 4:12pm On Nov 16, 2023
pansophist:
China is the only civilization in modern times that grew from the ashes without invading, occupying, or stealing other country's resources. That title is something very precious and the foundation of Chinese diplomatic rise.

Now add China's political slogan called ''common prosperity'', now how will you justify invading another country with this background?

What of the 1951 annexation of Tibet
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by seguno2: 4:18pm On Nov 16, 2023
Gerrard59:
Xi is in the US for the APEC summit. Here is a snapshot of what he said: what do you think about the sudden bromance?

Here is the article (free-to-read): https://archive.md/x2RIn

China has not been overly aggressive against nor antagonistic towards the US, unlike Patrice Lumumba, Thomas Sankara, Gaddafi, Robert Mugabe, Julius Malema and other Africans despite being extreme poverty paupers who are not educating everyone to be more productive and become respected.
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by soqmeov: 7:32am On Nov 18, 2023

1 Like

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2023
seguno2:

What of the 1951 annexation of Tibet

Stop repeating western propaganda, think with your brain.

3 Likes

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2023
Gerrard59:

Xi is in the US for the APEC summit. Here is a snapshot of what he said: what do you think about the sudden bromance?

Here is the article (free-to-read): https://archive.md/x2RIn

There is no bromance. You just need time to realize what the Chinese are playing here. When China brokered peace between Iran and Saudi, people thought it ended there, and months later, they were both ushered into BRICS.

Try researching the oldest board in the world called GO, it originated in China, which gives a clue about how the Chinese think.

A few weeks before Russia invaded Ukraine, Putin and Biden were talking on video conferencing, Lavrov and Blinken were meeting in Brussels, doing fist bumps, etc.

But what happened next? you know the answer.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 1:03am On Jan 05
gerrard59, them ban you?

I see you made a comment but it was hidden by the spambot maybe?
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Gerrard59(m): 1:11am On Jan 05
pansophist:
gerrard59, them ban you?

I see you made a comment but it was hidden by the spambot maybe?

Yes. Got banned, literally begged Mukina2 to rescind the ban and restore the post. Up till now, nothing comot.
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 1:13am On Jan 05
Gerrard59:

Yes. Got banned, literally begged Mukina2 to rescind the ban and restore the post. Up till now, nothing comot.

Why them ban you? wetin you do?
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Gerrard59(m): 2:02am On Jan 05
pansophist:

Why them ban you? wetin you do?

Anti-spam bot. I just finished reading the news that Xiaomi has unveiled a luxury car incorporating Tesla and Porsche designs on Bloomberg. Then logged into Nairaland and saw it on the Front Page. Decided to write a detailed post about it in this thread incorporating links from the FT, Bloomberg and Wall Street Journal only to chop ban.

Mukina2 and Nlfpmod no try o

3 Likes

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Difrent: 5:17am On Jan 05
Botragelad:
Nice thread......
I think it is possible that the United States will still be the world power in the next 100 years. Large and diverse economy, which accounts for about a quarter of the global GDP, strong military presence, with hundreds of overseas bases and alliances with many countries, vibrant culture, which influences many aspects of global entertainment, media, education, and innovation, resilient political system, which allows for peaceful transitions of power and checks and balances among different branches of government.

They also have a history of adapting to new international realities, such as the rise of China, the challenges of climate change, and the threats of terrorism.
In reality, the United States faces many challenges and uncertainties in this 21st century, and it cannot take its global leadership for granted. It will have to compete with other emerging powers, such as China, India, Brazil, and maybe Nigeria which will have larger populations and economies by 2050.

Still, I see no one taking that position they hold!

But will eventually be toppled one day by probably China.
It isn't the first to be called world power....where are the Greeks, Romans today
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Puntingnoob: 6:18pm On Jan 13
@pansophist

I don't know anythiny. Am asking for your opinion about this?

The guy said the war shouldn't have happened despite Russia attempt to settle this amicably. It's like some one, people or companies are benefiting massively from this war.

He said something about Ukraine land being the most fertile farmland in the world, 500000 people died to protect this not knowing that it's being offer up for sale. 30 % is sold already to some companies probably American by the name.

It's about the Ukraine war being a money laundering scheme by black rock.

https:// x. com/Mrbankstips/status/1746175440861934048?t=muIN_Tlr6P2F3AC-qu3DIQ&s=09
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 6:43am On Jan 16
Puntingnoob:
@pansophist

I don't know anythiny. Am asking for your opinion about this?

The guy said the war shouldn't have happened despite Russia attempt to settle this amicably. It's like some one, people or companies are benefiting massively from this war.

He said something about Ukraine land being the most fertile farmland in the world, 500000 people died to protect this not knowing that it's being offer up for sale. 30 % is sold already to some companies probably American by the name.

It's about the Ukraine war being a money laundering scheme by black rock.

https:// x. com/Mrbankstips/status/1746175440861934048?t=muIN_Tlr6P2F3AC-qu3DIQ&s=09

I can't view the link.
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Puntingnoob: 5:17pm On Jan 16
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 9:02pm On Feb 06
Tucker Carlson is currently in Moscow to interview Vladimir Putin.

Also, Elon Musk has promised not to censor it on Twitter, and the full interview will be posted on Tucker's website, for everyone to view, and it won't be behind a paywall.

WOW.

I can't wait. Seems like sacking Tucker from Fox is the best thing that is happening to Journalism, that guy has gone fully wide, and out to make mainstream media look like a thief.

Gerrard59, LORDKO, Caveadullam

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by RikudoSennin: 12:24am On Feb 07
pansophist:

Also, Elon Musk has promised not to censor it on Twitter, and the full interview will be posted on Tucker's website, for everyone to view, and it won't be behind a paywall.

WOW.

I can't wait. Seems like sacking Tucker from Fox is the best thing that is happening to Journalism, that guy has gone fully wide, and out to make mainstream media look like a thief.

This is why i believe we are in the information age where people eyes open. Tucker was going to interview Putin 2 years ago but the CIA hacked his signal account and warned him not to go. Sacking Tucker was the best thing to happen to journalism.

Americans are now eagerly awaiting the interview like crazy. Within 50mins of posting it on Twitter, it garnered 2M views already.

I cannot wait for the seething and coping of the MSM and the Neocons.

1 Like

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Gerrard59(m): 6:51am On Feb 07
pansophist:

WOW.

Even though I have some ill feelings (normal as a human being) on how Elon raps about DEI, I admire the fact he bought over Twitter. He must have seen what we haven't seen. Sometimes, I just feel there is this growing backlash by certain white elites and ordinary folks regarding how things/events have turned out to be. Peter Thiel go follow dey inside.

So, yes, it is good the interview will be held. I have always been a proponent of hearing from both sides even though one might not like what the other party has to say. I am all for free speech. Let's hear what they have to say. However, this is not the first time Western media have interviewed Putin if I am not mistaken. I think either French or German media have interviewed him. I am not too sure which, but while this would be his interview with a prominent American journalist, this isn't his first interview with a prominent Western media organisation or individual.

What I want to see in the coming months is the reaction to if Trump loses or Biden wins.
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 8:07am On Feb 07
Gerrard59:

Even though I have some ill feelings (normal as a human being) on how Elon raps about DEI, I admire the fact he bought over Twitter. He must have seen what we haven't seen. Sometimes, I just feel there is this growing backlash by certain white elites and ordinary folks regarding how things/events have turned out to be. Peter Thiel go follow dey inside.

So, yes, it is good the interview will be held. I have always been a proponent of hearing from both sides even though one might not like what the other party has to say. I am all for free speech. Let's hear what they have to say. However, this is not the first time Western media have interviewed Putin if I am not mistaken. I think either French or German media have interviewed him. I am not too sure which, but while this would be his interview with a prominent American journalist, this isn't his first interview with a prominent Western media organisation or individual.

What I want to see in the coming months is the reaction to if Trump loses or Biden wins.

No single Western media has interviewed Putin since the beginning of the war. Before the war, yes, after the war, no.

Not just that, every single Russian media and YouTube channel, even non-Russian media outlets that give a different or neutral view are banned as well.

Western audiences are completely misled about this war. I see well-meaning Westerners completely anti-Russian because of this heavy censorship and a one-sided story being pushed by the West.

Gladly, many, if not most are waking up to see that they are being deceived. As you rightly said, freedom of speech includes the right for others, even our adversaries to speak what we do not want to hear.

The Russians have been victimized a lot here, hence this interview is important. It would be the first time we are hearing directly from Putin's mouth targetted at Western audiences.

Unlike other western interviews, Tucker will let you speak in full without cutting you off. He is independent, and not sponsored by the ig media. Putin will get a chance to speak in detail, something he is good at doing.

I also hope Tucker can use that opportunity to interview Edward Snowden. These two interviews will issue a huge blow to the already lost credibility of Western media.

Finger-crossed.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 8:12am On Feb 07
RikudoSennin:

This is why i believe we are in the information age where people eyes open. Tucker was going to interview Putin 2 years ago but the CIA hacked his signal account and warned him not to go. Sacking Tucker was the best thing to happen to journalism.

Americans are now eagerly awaiting the interview like crazy. Within 50mins of posting it on Twitter, it garnered 2M views already.

I cannot wait for the seething and coping of the MSM and the Neocons.

CNN, BBC, and other Western media are already bad-mouthing him. I just don't get it. The US didn't declare war on Russia, and even if they did, why can't independent journalists interview Putin?

The comments I read on CNN's youtube video about Tucker interviewing Putin were refreshing. Even diehard leftists at least are curious to hear from the other side.

How sad it is for humanity that just a few people have the power to monopolize global information, and can control how you feel about a particular situation, what to think, how to think, and foster hatred. No one should have such power.

The truth is so powerful that with all their multi-billion dollar global propaganda machine, it still cannot cover up the truth. This interview will be a banger. The number of people waiting to watch it is insane, even diehard leftists.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Gerrard59(m): 9:03am On Feb 07
pansophist:

No single Western media has interviewed Putin since the beginning of the war. Before the war, yes, after the war, no.

Not just that, every single Russian media and YouTube channel, even non-Russian media outlets that give a different or neutral view are banned as well.

If so, then my bad. It must have been prior to the war.

Western audiences are completely misled about this war. I see well-meaning Westerners completely anti-Russian because of this heavy censorship and a one-sided story being pushed by the West.

Gladly, many, if not most are waking up to see that they are being deceived. As you rightly said, freedom of speech includes the right for others, even our adversaries to speak what we do not want to hear.

Na the money dem dey pump into the war dey confuse me. Yeah, many have been deceived. Just like the way they rant China bad China bad blah blah blah

The Russians have been victimized a lot here, hence this interview is important. It would be the first time we are hearing directly from Putin's mouth targetted at Western audiences.

Unlike other western interviews, Tucker will let you speak in full without cutting you off. He is independent, and not sponsored by the ig media. Putin will get a chance to speak in detail, something he is good at doing.

While you are right, what do you have to say about this? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/politics/2024/02/06/tucker-carlson-putin-interview-russia-ukraine-war-twitter/
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Regex: 9:27am On Feb 07
Gerrard59:
While you are right, what do you have to say about this? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/politics/2024/02/06/tucker-carlson-putin-interview-russia-ukraine-war-twitter/

This just jealousy. Russian media was banned from Western streaming, so why should Putin grant interview to people who heavily censored him? Turker has proven over the years how he is against western media censorship. I watched his interview with the Hungarian Prime Minister Victor Urban. It was pure, no censorship whatsoever. I expect same here.

Plus Turcker knows his onion.

2 Likes

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by kkins25(m): 3:15pm On Feb 07
pansophist:

I also hope Tucker can use that opportunity to interview Edward Snowden. These two interviews will issue a huge blow to the already lost credibility of Western media.

Finger-crossed.

You need to see CNN dropping update after update accusing tucker of given audience to Putin.... 😁 😁 Somethings is wrong.. Tiktok is doing damage to western media, and they are starting to put pressure on the guy...

Everything just no make sense...Communism, capitalism, etc... everything just no make sense.. The wider one reads, the more disheartened one becomes...

I miss the days where i just read science fiction... Ignorance is indeed bliss..

2 Likes

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by RikudoSennin: 5:41pm On Feb 07
pansophist:

CNN, BBC, and other Western media are already bad-mouthing him. I just don't get it. The US didn't declare war on Russia, and even if they did, why can't independent journalists interview Putin?

The comments I read on CNN's youtube video about Tucker interviewing Putin were refreshing. Even diehard leftists at least are curious to hear from the other side.

How sad it is for humanity that just a few people have the power to monopolize global information, and can control how you feel about a particular situation, what to think, how to think, and foster hatred. No one should have such power.

The truth is so powerful that with all their multi-billion dollar global propaganda machine, it still cannot cover up the truth. This interview will be a banger. The number of people waiting to watch it is insane, even diehard leftists.

I swear you will think Putin is the POTUS. Americans are so anticipating the interview. You gotta give it to Putin man. Russians play chess while the West play checkers.

US,UK ,EU have always been fascists. They make rules as they go or want. Now, they want Tucker banned in the EU.

The bubble is bound to burst. The American people deserve to know the truth because these Neocons are hell bent on dragging us to WW3.

I just hope it will be more deepening with documents backing the US biolabs in Ukraine.

Like the Yorubas will say, lies can run for a thousand years, the truth only needs a step to catch up with it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by CaveAdullam: 11:38pm On Feb 07
pansophist:

WOW.

Mainstream media exists to cover the tracks of their political sponsors. They know the truth. But saying it aloud will mean losing their jobs.

Empires do take a long time to crumble, but it does. All barriers will be broken. More people are becoming aware of the nonsensical lies and obscuring of the truth by the MSM.

I just hope Tuck asks the necessary questions. Though we know some parts of the answers.

Well done, chief.

1 Like

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Hedgefunds: 8:32am On Feb 08
CaveAdullam:

Mainstream media exists to cover the tracks of their political sponsors. They know the truth. But saying it aloud will mean losing their jobs.

Empires do take a long time to crumble, but it does. All barriers will be broken. More people are becoming aware of the nonsensical lies and obscuring of the truth by the MSM.

I just hope Tuck asks the necessary questions. Though we know some parts of the answers.

Well done, chief.

Hi cave, How's the year going... Happy new mth. grin grin
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 3:23pm On Feb 08
Gerrard59:

Western media usually lie by omission, that is, they lie by giving you one-sided facts.

Even if they have tried to get an interview with Putin and the Kremlin refused, why didn't they publish it earlier? And also state why they were rejected.

What Russia is doing is ''not giving pearl to swines''. What's the point of granting an interview that will be dubbed, cut into pieces, and broadcast in parts?

What is the point of such an interview when they will cut him mid-speech, and ask dishonest questions? What's the point of such an interview when the default position is that Putin is guilty and should prove himself innocent?

Just watch the few interviews they have with Putin, and see what I am talking about. The disrespect, dishonesty, and not letting him speak in full. In the end, cut it and show only parts that fit their propaganda.

Also, when has any Western media granted a Chinese or Russian journalist interview like the Russian does? Please show me one, I want to see it. The West behaves arrogantly, and everything they do is from a hegemonic perspective.

Don't forget that Putin does host a nearly three-hour forum every year, where journalists including western can ask questions directly to Putin, and he answers them in detail. When has Biden or any western leader done that?

Until Western journalist starts doing like Tucker, by posting full interviews without a cut, letting the interviewee speak, and not treating him like a criminal, I see no reason why Russians should degrade themselves and honor such interviews.

If people relate with you with dishonesty, manipulation, and trying to play smart on you, the best strategy is to not give them a second of your attention. You don't give value to a pig, you ignore the damn pig.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 3:27pm On Feb 08
CaveAdullam:

Well done, chief.

The EU is already considering issuing sanctions on Tucker, for the sins of interviewing Putin. Imagine that.

These people have betrayed and disgraced the very essence of democracy and free speech, which they claim to be champions of.

Democracy has always been a scam, I have said and known it for a long.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 3:31pm On Feb 08
RikudoSennin:

I swear you will think Putin is the POTUS. Americans are so anticipating the interview. You gotta give it to Putin man. Russians play chess while the West play checkers.

US,UK ,EU have always been fascists. They make rules as they go or want. Now, they want Tucker banned in the EU.

The bubble is bound to burst. The American people deserve to know the truth because these Neocons are hell bent on dragging us to WW3.

I just hope it will be more deepening with documents backing the US biolabs in Ukraine.

Like the Yorubas will say, lies can run for a thousand years, the truth only needs a step to catch up with it.

Damn, I swear Putin will use that opportunity to say things that the West will try to hide. The bio-lab is one. grin

The interview will be out by Thursday, 18.00 GMT EET (7pm in Nigeria) on his website. Finger crossed grin

3 Likes

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by CaveAdullam: 4:08pm On Feb 08
Hedgefunds:

Hi cave, How's the year going... Happy new mth. grin grin

I really know why you are laughing. I know.

Loooooool.

"It will favor me and my family".

"my year dey go where e nor know o"

Looool.

Well done, chief.
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Hedgefunds: 7:02pm On Feb 08
CaveAdullam:

I really know why you are laughing. I know.

Loooooool.

"It will favor me and my family".

"my year dey go where e nor know o"

Looool.

Well done, chief.

My oga ...yyyyyyy ooh.
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by CaveAdullam: 7:52pm On Feb 08
Hedgefunds:

My oga ...yyyyyyy ooh.

Loooooool.

"if you ask me, na who I go ask"

How's your work and your dear family?

Hope you all are fine.
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by lastkingsman: 9:43pm On Feb 08
pansophist:

Damn, I swear Putin will use that opportunity to say things that the West will try to hide. The bio-lab is one. grin

The interview will be out by Thursday, 18.00 GMT EET (7pm in Nigeria) on his website. Finger crossed grin

We are waiting 😁

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. / South Africa Slips Into Technical Recession As GDP Drops 0.7% In Q2 / Mali: ECOWAS Imposes Economic And Political Sanctions After Election Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.