Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century (7966 Views)

Ghana's Currency Slumps To World’s Worst Performer Versus Dollar / Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China / Melania Trump Visits The Great Pyramid And The Sphinx In Egypt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by RikudoSennin: 12:30am On Feb 09
Interview is out. You can watch it on Twitter.
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Hedgefunds: 7:02am On Feb 09
CaveAdullam:

Loooooool.

"if you ask me, na who I go ask"

How's your work and your dear family?

Hope you all are fine.

Trying to survive ooh.
The country is something else.
How's family.
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by CaveAdullam: 10:34am On Feb 09
Hedgefunds:

Trying to survive ooh.
The country is something else.
How's family.

There's nobody except the president and his maesters who are fine in this country.

Even at that, as a norm, we do respond that we are fine.

PS: Let me go and watch Tucker Carlson et Vladimir Putin interview.

Before uncle Pansophist comes back from work.

Good morning.
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 3:13pm On Feb 09
RikudoSennin:

Be like say Tucker dey fear to asked hard-hitting question sef. Putin also was too professional
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by RikudoSennin: 4:25pm On Feb 09
pansophist:

Be like say Tucker dey fear to asked hard-hitting question sef. Putin also was too professional

Tucker wanted him to tear more but Putin is Putin.

I love when he told Tucker that don’t America have better things to do? Border issues, debts.

Only Americans can take back their country themselves and not Russia.

2 Likes

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by AnyanwuSilas: 10:41pm On Feb 10
seguno2:

Like IPOB and the Igbo people who are doing sit at home shutdown weekly?
20% or so productive hours per week flushed away
Are farmers in Yoruba land running away from their farms also doing sit at home? Why are you crying more than the people doing the sit at home? You want us to surrender oul land to Sokoto caliphate/Ottoman empire right? We go resist eternal slavery!

1 Like

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by AnyanwuSilas: 12:00am On Feb 11
YoobaNesan:
Apt. The west will never go down, even when BRICS have been equipped to its teeth.
Their influence may be reduced a bit & harm clamped but don't expect to see the downfall of the west till the world ends as they've gotten a buffer in their colonies.
It is her colonies(Africa) that'll suffer should any global event doesn't go along their path.
Just look at COVID, UK lost a lot of health operational to this, but have been quickly and stealthily replaced by those from Africa.
So far Africa still exist, the West has got no problem for any incoming global event. & these colonies(Africa) will continue to remain under their master(West) for God knows when.
But the reality now is that the world is currently being restructured as we are getting to multi-polar world, some African countries in the Sahel are leaving the West & tilting to the East(Russia & China), also IPOB's Trumpets. If you don't want freedom there are people who want it & also fighting for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by emmaodet: 12:50am On Feb 11
AnyanwuSilas:
But the reality is that the world is currently being restructured as we are getting to multi-polar world, some African countries in the Sahel are leaving the West & tilting to Russia and China. If you don't want freedom there are people who want it & also fighting for it.

How someone can be so confident and comfortable been a slave amazes me.
His statement is worrisome

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 10:19am On Feb 11
emmaodet:

How someone can be so confident and comfortable been a slave amazes me.
His statement is worrisome

House negro, Judas Iscariot, traitors, sell-outs, puppets, there are just few name for people like that.

Sadly, they make up a huge amount in the population.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 10:25am On Feb 11
CaveAdullam:

There's nobody except the president and his maesters who are fine in this country.

Even at that, as a norm, we do respond that we are fine.

PS: Let me go and watch Tucker Carlson et Vladimir Putin interview.

Before uncle Pansophist comes back from work.

Good morning.

I don watch am already. I'll give my reviews soon.
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by AnyanwuSilas: 6:47am On Feb 12
Difrent:

But will eventually be toppled one day by probably China.
It isn't the first to be called world power....where are the Greeks, Romans today
Those guys you mentioned were not world powers compared to now the world is becoming more globalize, there influence was limited in their region. We didn't know them them then.
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by budaatum: 4:57am On Feb 17
pansophist:

So, a disappointment then? What a surprise!

That idiot Tucker went to a supermarket to state how cheap everything is in Russia compared to USA. We should invite him to Nigeria to see everything is a lot cheaper than in Russia, though I'm certain if he did what he did in Russia, we just might stone him for helping propagate lies and untruths.

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Gerrard59(m): 2:00am On Feb 20
Pansophist,

The West is jittery that China will flood the global markets with cheap and reliable Chinese goods thereby reducing the clout of Western firms. The arrogance is what pisses me off! You blocked the Chinese from buying ASML machines, then are angry they (the Chinese) are exporting their own goods to the world.

I will come back with more, just don't want to get banned again.

Rules for thee but not for me.
aka 'Rules-based order' - we make the rules, you follow them, and we may follow them when it suits us. - signed USA and its vassals allies

1 Like

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 10:14am On Feb 20
Gerrard59:
Pansophist,

The West is jittery that China will flood the global markets with cheap and reliable Chinese goods thereby reducing the clout of Western firms. The arrogance is what pisses me off! You blocked the Chinese from buying ASML machines, then are angry they (the Chinese) are exporting their own goods to the world.

I will come back with more, just don't want to get banned again.

Rules for thee but not for me.
aka 'Rules-based order' - we make the rules, you follow them, and we may follow them when it suits us. - signed USA and its vassals allies

Only US is warning, only the West have problem with everyone. Like narcissism, it's others that are sick, not you.

Anyways I'm not bothered, it's China. China seems to be one of the few countries that can handle the West. The West can bark and bark, but China will do what is best for China.

I don't even want to apply logic to America warning, but by dumping, isn't it countries that choose to import from China? They paid and China delivered. How can that be called dumping?

US firms are still dominating the global market. From banking to shipping, software licensing, finance, media, just name it. The Chinese are so new to this.

All global institutions are located in the West. From WTO to UN, ICC, Interpol, swift, again, just name it. There is no global institutions that are in the global South. None.

If that's not a proof of hegemony, I don't know what it is. The US seems to be loosing its mind, but it's not China that is sick, it's the USA. If you've ever dealt with a narcissist, to understand the USA won't be that difficult.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by kkins25(m): 9:18pm On Feb 20
RikudoSennin:
It was a bit disappointing... I was like, bro, are you here to shade and defend CIA at the same time? Spill the beans!!
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 1:06pm On Feb 25
ANTIFA:
Havent you observed a pattern in world history, that we black people are going extint...

Dont you think we need to fight back now we have the chance before a.i kills us.

Besides theres a video on arise tv where The cds claims simon ekpa currently controls the airspace of the south east. Whats your reaction to that.

We've lost the chance to fight back on our own after the second World War.

A period where countries were rushing to acquire nuclear weapons. Those that got it secured a chance to maintain their sovereignty, those that didn't fell into the sphere of countries that had it.

Look at the world today, it's a combination of different polars. Each polar is led by a country with nuclear weapons. You can't built sovereignty when you can't defend that sovereignty.

Then the superpowers adopted this thing called "NPT (non-pilifearation treaty) ", that prevents other countries from developing nuclear weapons. It also prevented countries with nuclear weapons from assisting countries without it to develop theirs.

That's why Iran is finding it hard to develop theirs, because no one will help them. If not for the strategic location Iran is, and their military strength, they would have been turned to Iraq. Their location helped them.

So you see, I have always talked about the importance of not wasting time, of getting your shit together, and to be ruled by strong men who understood what's at stake, to not suffer.

So we missed that chances to be sovereign and be the master of our own destiny. The only hope I can see is when a multipolar world has been fully established, a world where western systems becomes obsolete, and most countries will just trade within themselves and ignore US hegemony.

The US can't bomb the whole countries in the world. That's the future China is working on desperately, and they will be successful, it's only a matter of time.

What we can do as a people is to understand what's going on and orient ourselves for such a future. Otherwise, more suffering awaits us as ignorance has a deadly price.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 5:26pm On Mar 19
China is ready to intervene militarily anywhere if the United States or NATO decides to attack Russia. China Ministry of defence warns.

With NATO floating with the idea of engaging Russia directly in Ukraine, China seems ready to officially join the war. Things are getting more messy it seems.

2 Likes

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Gerrard59(m): 5:43pm On Mar 19
pansophist:
China is ready to intervene militarily anywhere if the United States or NATO decides to attack Russia. China Ministry of defence warns.

With NATO floating with the idea of engaging Russia directly in Ukraine, China seems ready to officially join the war. Things are getting more messy it seems.

The US and her vassals allies just want war. As it is, it is glaring that Russia cannot be defeated or ostracised. A good thing countries have played neutral, rightfully so. Why should a problem in Ukraine concern an average Indonesian or Indian? Did Ukrainians before the war bother themselves with problems from New Delhi or Jakarta?

All die na die. The West hasn't come to terms with the reality that its hegemony is fading away. I urge the Chinese to stand strong and steadfastly. A defeated Russia means doom for China and the rest of the Global South.

2 Likes

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 5:47pm On Mar 19
Gerrard59:

The US and her vassals allies just want war. As it is, it is glaring that Russia cannot be defeated or ostracised. A good thing countries have played neutral, rightfully so. Why should a problem in Ukraine concern an average Indonesian or Indian? Did Ukrainians before the war bother themselves with problems from New Delhi or Jakarta?

All die na die. The West hasn't come to terms with the reality that its hegemony is fading away. I urge the Chinese to stand strong and steadfastly. A defeated Russia means doom for China and the rest of the Global South.

Yes. China understands that very well. if you go to the geopolitical section of zhihu.com (Chinese Quora version), lots of Chinese think that China must intervene if NATO officially joins the war. I agree with such an analysis.

If Russia is defeated, then the 4200km sq Russia-China border will become open for Nato presence, and not even imagining the humanitarian crisis in the form of refugees. That under the almost impossible scenario, the West's dream of collapsing Russia comes to pass.

Now add the problem NAto is giving to China in the SCS, Through Korea, Japan, Philippines, and Taiwan, then CHina is in a deep soup if it won't ally with Russia and fight the war away, instead of in its home.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 9:54pm On Mar 22
It's official.

It is no longer a ''special military operation''. The Russian Ministry of Defence has announced that it is now in a ''state of war'' due to nato involvement, and all gloves are off.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by emmaodet: 10:39pm On Mar 22
pansophist:
It's official.

It is no longer a ''special military operation''. The Russian Ministry of Defence has announced that it is now in a ''state of war'' due to nato involvement, and all gloves are off.

Hmmmmmmm

May God help us.
I pray and hope this doesn't spiral beyond this

1 Like

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Thazard(m): 11:04pm On Mar 22
pansophist:
It's official.

Please how do I contact you?

I would like to talk to you about something.
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Gerrard59(m): 5:41pm On Mar 29
pansophist:
It's official.

https://apnews.com/article/china-netherlands-mark-rutte-dutch-asml-nato-a173a05114c9f13c23306e2ea393943b

The Dutch PM visited China to discuss Ukraine and, to a lesser extent, ASML. Well, Xi has stated that China would not relent in its determination to be a leader in semiconductor chip production and its value chain. On the other hand, the Dutch PM, a front-runner for NATO Chief position, has said he is in China to persuade China to stop supporting Russia.

I am really stunned by the arrogance of the West. Why do they expect China to stop supporting Russia after the sanctions they have slapped China with? Why do they think the Chinese would not be apprehensive that China will be next if Russia falls? What about the "Century of Humiliation" China suffered?

Also, Janet Yellen is visiting China. Bros, what exactly is she going to discuss with Chinese leaders? I am really curious.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 9:54pm On Mar 29
Gerrard59:

https://apnews.com/article/china-netherlands-mark-rutte-dutch-asml-nato-a173a05114c9f13c23306e2ea393943b

The Dutch PM visited China to discuss Ukraine and, to a lesser extent, ASML. Well, Xi has stated that China would not relent in its determination to be a leader in semiconductor chip production and its value chain. On the other hand, the Dutch PM, a front-runner for NATO Chief position, has said he is in China to persuade China to stop supporting Russia.

I am really stunned by the arrogance of the West. Why do they expect China to stop supporting Russia after the sanctions they have slapped China with? Why do they think the Chinese would not be apprehensive that China will be next if Russia falls? What about the "Century of Humiliation" China suffered?

Also, Janet Yellen is visiting China. Bros, what exactly is she going to discuss with Chinese leaders? I am really curious.

The only thing preventing NATO from going full-scale offensive against Russia is China. If Nato is convinced and assured that China will not support Russia, then in their eyes, Russia is ripped for a full-scale invasion.

The only country that Nato truly fears is China, not Russia. Russia has been defeated many times in history, and the Nato alliance has spent the past few decades doing numerous war simulations for a successful defeat of Russia.

Russia is just about 145M people, Nato is close to 800M people. NATO has the money, people, industry, and hunger to preserve its hegemony, and Russia must not exist as a consequence. It is not a coincidence that Russia and China signed a ''no-limit partnership'' before Putin entered Ukraine.

The plan is to bleed Russia in Ukraine, weaken it with unprecedented sanctions, prolong the war observe weak points, and then finish off what's left with the massive power of the nato alliance when they consider Russia weak enough. It's like making two tigers fight over a prey, then kill the weaker winner.

As far as China is with Russia, their game plan is already a loss. China is the key here. I don't think the world knows the extent, depth, and sophistication of China's industrial capacity. China is a country that can outproduce the world combined.

China has this thing called a ''green nuclear bomb'', you might not see much info about it online, but its not a conventional nuclear bomb like the one that hit Hiroshima. This nuclear bomb will kill all living things, and leave the land untouched.

It is because if a country bombs China with Nuclear weapons, then China will retaliate and secure your land as its prize for its citizens. It is what Mao told the Soviets during the Sino-Soviet split. He told soviet leaders that if you bomb our land, we will enter your land.

We are over 600 million Chinese. Even if half of us enter the soviet union, it's more than your total population. This sent shocks down the Soviets, and they stopped the nuclear threat. China built on that. If the US nukes China, then the US belongs to China.

China's war machine makes Nato look like a joke. I just think it's better the world doesn't know much about China's military, otherwise, we would fear it. I have this Chinese online military friend that I met on Zhihu, the kind of thing this guy tells me, mehn, I just hope no country offends China.

China is not like others that talk too much. That shows all their military asset on youtube, but when war comes, it might surprise you that its AI and robots that would fight, and no single Chinese soldier will be seen. China is a powerhouse fo robotics and AI, remember.

After the creation of the PRC in 1949, Mao promised the Chinese that never a foreign force set foot in China. Never again will the century of humiliation repeat itself. And they worked through that promise.

It is also not a coincidence that China released a statement that they would fight alongside Russia if Russia's territorial integrity is breached. Because they know that the plan is to collapse Russia and break it into smaller countries, integrate them into the West, and use those new countries to deny China Russia's resources.

Just look at all the ex soviets states that became an enemy of Russia overnight, it will repeat itself again. China does not want new hostile countries that will make stationing nukes in their backyard possible. It's the reason why Mao gave North Korea nukes, to defend itself and prevent invasion from the US-Korea alliance.

You need oil and raw materials to fight a war, and China doesn't have it, but Russia does. Defeating China is not by war, it's by starvation. Just as you starve a tiger of air, and it will die. No need to wrestle with it.

Anyways, western leaders visiting China are dead on arrival. China will never cut ties with its largest neighbor, especially to favor a people that historically have enslaved it, currently surround it, and station nukes in Korea aiming at it. They are desperate for war, and they need to fight now because the future will make them weaker and fade into irrelevance.

After these events that currently plague the world, if we all come out of it unscathed, then it can be said that the multipolar world is officially here. Right now, we are in the middle of the Thucydides Trap

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Gerrard59(m): 5:41pm On Mar 30
pansophist:

The only thing preventing NATO from going full-scale offensive against Russia is China. If Nato is convinced and assured that China will not support Russia, then in their eyes, Russia is ripped for a full-scale invasion.

The only country that Nato truly fears is China, not Russia. Russia has been defeated many times in history, and the Nato alliance has spent the past few decades doing numerous war simulations for a successful defeat of Russia.

p

Bros, thank you for the detailed explanation. I want a multipolar world, so I wish the Chinese and Russia success. I know say black African man is not liked by either or by the West, but a world where there exists different powers favours the black African man.

3 Likes

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by stanluiz(m): 7:39pm On Mar 30
pansophist:

Russia is just about 145M people, Nato is close to 800M people. NATO has the money, people, industry, and hunger to preserve its hegemony, and Russia must not exist as a consequence. It is not a coincidence that Russia and China signed a ''no-limit partnership'' before Putin entered Ukraine.

The plan is to bleed Russia in Ukraine, weaken it with unprecedented sanctions, prolong the war observe weak points, and then finish off what's left with the massive power of the nato alliance when they consider Russia weak enough. It's like making two tigers fight over a prey, then kill the weaker winner.

As far as China is with Russia, their game plan is already a loss. China is the key here. I don't think the world knows the extent, depth, and sophistication of China's industrial capacity. China is a country that can outproduce the world combined.

China has this thing called a ''green nuclear bomb'', you might not see much info about it online, but its not a conventional nuclear bomb like the one that hit Hiroshima. This nuclear bomb will kill all living things, and leave the land untouched.

It is because if a country bombs China with Nuclear weapons, then China will retaliate and secure your land as its prize for its citizens. It is what Mao told the Soviets during the Sino-Soviet split. He told soviet leaders that if you bomb our land, we will enter your land.

We are over 600 million Chinese. Even if half of us enter the soviet union, it's more than your total population. This sent shocks down the Soviets, and they stopped the nuclear threat. China built on that. If the US nukes China, then the US belongs to China.

China's war machine makes Nato look like a joke. I just think it's better the world doesn't know much about China's military, otherwise, we would fear it. I have this Chinese online military friend that I met on Zhihu, the kind of thing this guy tells me, mehn, I just hope no country offends China.

China is not like others that talk too much. That shows all their military asset on youtube, but when war comes, it might surprise you that its AI and robots that would fight, and no single Chinese soldier will be seen. China is a powerhouse fo robotics and AI, remember.

After the creation of the PRC in 1949, Mao promised the Chinese that never a foreign force set foot in China. Never again will the century of humiliation repeat itself. And they worked through that promise.

It is also not a coincidence that China released a statement that they would fight alongside Russia if Russia's territorial integrity is breached. Because they know that the plan is to collapse Russia and break it into smaller countries, integrate them into the West, and use those new countries to deny China Russia's resources.

Just look at all the ex soviets states that became an enemy of Russia overnight, it will repeat itself again. China does not want new hostile countries that will make stationing nukes in their backyard possible. It's the reason why Mao gave North Korea nukes, to defend itself and prevent invasion from the US-Korea alliance.

You need oil and raw materials to fight a war, and China doesn't have it, but Russia does. Defeating China is not by war, it's by starvation. Just as you starve a tiger of air, and it will die. No need to wrestle with it.

Anyways, western leaders visiting China are dead on arrival. China will never cut ties with its largest neighbor, especially to favor a people that historically have enslaved it, currently surround it, and station nukes in Korea aiming at it. They are desperate for war, and they need to fight now because the future will make them weaker and fade into irrelevance.

After these events that currently plague the world, if we all come out of it unscathed, then it can be said that the multipolar world is officially here. Right now, we are in the middle of the Thucydides Trap
Panophist, the great encyclopedia!!!

You are the master of international politics in this nairaland. You are man of knowledge.

I don commot cap for you!

But my fear is can China trust Russia ? Remember that Russia was part those countries that joined the western powers to cut China to size during the 100 years century of humiliation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by budaatum: 1:43am On Mar 31
pansophist:

Meanwhile, China is fertilising a desert the size of Texas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atf8oARwg_8?si=R3uWEbIMDObQzxUM
Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by Gerrard59(m): 2:04am On Mar 31
stanluiz:

You are the master of international politics in this nairaland. You are man of knowledge.

But my fear is can China trust Russia ? Remember that Russia was part those countries that joined the western powers to cut China to size during the 100 years century of humiliation.

I think that was a loophole Donald Trump tried taking advantage of by befriending Russia, but Democrats and other elites no gree. From a purely racial POV, aligning with Russia is the best. Let's not lie, the fight/gang-up against China is one to protect the white man's dominance over world's affairs. So, China's rise to the top is not accepted, just as Japan's rise was thwarted even though she was an vassal ally and got bombed twice. Then, imagine a largely independent China.

However, that time has passed. The Russians would rather trust the Chinese than its fellow white dominated countries. The only fear is that upon Putin's eventual demise and exit, some Russians who are so Westernised would not concede by betraying China. I am pretty sure elites who were in love with anything Western has seen the back side of the clique, such that their assets are stripped off and stolen.

But as it is, Russia is more dependent on China than the other way round. Finally, the Russians should not become modern-day Judas Iscariots in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 8:52am On Mar 31
stanluiz:

Just as Israel forgave, and is an ally to Germany who murdered millions of Jews during the Holocaust, it is the same for Russia and China. Both Germany and Russia share an often overlooked fact, such as proving a genuine repentance, and accountability, backed by actions and not words.

For example in Germany, antisemitism is enough to make your citizenship be stripped or banned from ever applying and possibly deported (for immigrants), and for native Germans, very harsh punishments. Germany donated and invested billions and billions to Israel, and so much more that I shouldn't write here.

The Russians did the same and even more to the Chinese. The Chinese are not fools. They know who their real friends are, and for now, at least, Russia is the one.

The political philosophy (communism) of the Chinese, laying their industrial blueprints for the industrial powerhouse it is today, military and intel support during the Chinese civil war against the American-backed Kuomintang forces, nuclear and military technologies, and decades of political, financial, technology transfer, and so much more were offered by the Soviets until China could stand on its feet.

If not for the Soviets, the US would have nuked China when General McArthur suggested so, when it was clear that the Chinese were winning in Korea and killing US soldiers like flies. The Soviets warned the West that if they nuked China, they would retaliate with nukes.

Like a child maturing into adulthood, the Soviets did that to China, and China turned out to be that son who was taller, stronger, and had more muscle than its guardian. China can never forget such help.

Also, the Soviets were the first country to recognize the PRC as a government after the Chinese Civil War, and the US recognized China as a country thirty years later. The Soviets even ceded Damansky Island (Zhenbao Island) as a gesture of goodwill, and all border dispute were settled in good faith.

There are many more examples I can show, to point to the fact that Russia genuinely repented and treated the Chinese with good intent, which made the Chinese gain their trust.

Nuclear technologies are something the US will not even give their allies, but the Soviets gave it to the Chinese, what greater help is that? The US can't even sell us military hardware to deal with Boko Haram, and you want to ask for nuclear technologies? lol

Now tell me, do such actions from the Soviets to China seem like something an enemy would do? Compare the treatment of the US to the Japanese their ally (with the Plaza Accord), or Germany with Nord Stream 2, and see who is a true friend to a country and a people they have wronged.

Also, it is imperative to get along with Russia because it is worse without it. Russia has the largest nukes, a huge population bordering China after India, a geopolitical heavyweight, with abundant resources to ensure China's security for its ever-hungry industrial powerhouse.

Real politics is not a place for feelings, it's about what works. An enemy that buys your goods is a good customer. Even with the ongoing battle between the west and the East, Russia and China still supply essential commodities to the west, and trade still goes on like normal.

So yes, Russia is a true friend of China, they proved it.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 9:09am On Mar 31
budaatum:

Meanwhile, China is fertilising a desert the size of Texas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atf8oARwg_8?si=R3uWEbIMDObQzxUM

The industrial capability of China is just something that amazes me, and many people ain't giving them credit for it. During lockdown, for example, China could still ship products to most countries, even when operating at a deficient capacity.

For a single country to be the main trading partner of over 140 countries, just imagine if they would channel such industrial production capability to fight a war. People just buy from Alibaba, without ever thinking about the power behind it.

To be able to produce anything at breakneck speed, and deal with billions upon billions of data processes, forwarding, shipping, geographical differences, linguistic barriers and so much more.

If any country dares fight China, China will outproduce tanks, airplanes, artilleries, robot soldiers, missiles, and ships like it's nothing. Their military is completely indigenous and depends on no one for its critical needs.

China has been preparing for a long time for an inevitable war, and they are ready. So yeah, such a project in the video you showed is an example of China's power.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by budaatum: 11:07am On Mar 31
pansophist:

For a single country to be the main trading partner of over 140 countries, just imagine if they would channel such industrial production capability to fight a war.

But this is precisely why China is doing so well. They don't stupidly spend the resource they have preparing for war I don't think, or they'd be poor like North Korea.

That's not to say they don't spend any, mind, but I think just enough to stop being attacked. And I think they know the weapons of the next war would be economical bullets and not the armaments the west are piling up.

1 Like

Re: Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century by pansophist(m): 12:03am On Apr 02
budaatum:

But this is precisely why China is doing so well. They don't stupidly spend the resource they have preparing for war I don't think, or they'd be poor like North Korea.

That's not to say they don't spend any, mind, but I think just enough to stop being attacked. And I think they know the weapons of the next war would be economical bullets and not the armaments the west are piling up.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. / South Africa Slips Into Technical Recession As GDP Drops 0.7% In Q2 / Mali: ECOWAS Imposes Economic And Political Sanctions After Election Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.