Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board (23825 Views)

CBN May Not Clear FOREX Backlog — Report / New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch / CBN May Devalue Naira Steeply After 2023 Elections - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by DEBJOCH1(m): 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:
This is an opportunity for Nigerian entrepreneurs to start local manufacturing of most of the things Nigeria imports. It is the only panacea to reverse high rate of joblessness in the economy. It is an apt response to the current situation of the economy. Check out Japan. They became the second largest economy in the world until recently by heavily devaluing their currency against the dollar. Tinubu is on the right path.
. HAVE YOU EVER HAD ANY BUSINESS BEFORE?, I AM NOT SURE, BECAUSE IF I AM SURE YOU HAVE EVER RUN ONE,YOU WONT BE SAYING THIS, EVEN THOSE OF US IN THE LIVE STOCK AND AGRO SECTOR, THE EVIL POLICY IS NOW MAKING LOTS OF US TO GO MELLOW OR WIND UP. I BLAME THE CHEAP DATA YOU USED IN TYPING THIS. DO YOU KNOW THE COST OF A BAG OF RICE FROM A FARM IN THE NORTH NOW?, THOSE ANIMAL FEED MANUAFACTURER HOW DO YOU THINK THEY ARE CURRENTLY COPING?, MOST OF THEM ARE STILL IN PRODUCTION JUST FOR BEING THERE SAKE. A BAG OF STARTER FEED NOW GOES FOR N10K PLUS.

THE CURRENTLY GOVERNMENT POLICY AND ENVIRONMENT IS NOT MAKING IT EASY FOR ANY BUSINESS TO SURVIVE IN NIGERIA, POWER IS ANOTHER THING. GUY I REST MY CASE HERE.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by BoldBrainz(m): 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2023
Angelfrost:
CBN "may" lose?!! May??! Lol...

CBN has lost and conceded control of the fvcking Naira since. embarassed

I gave Naira till December to fall to #1000 per Dollar... I think I gave these clueless people way too much credit... It will more than likely be #1500 per Dollar before Christmas. undecided

Going by the trajectory that has existed since June, I gave the economy six months to tank.

I may even have been too generous with that estimation.

2 Likes

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by DEBJOCH1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:
This is an opportunity for Nigerian entrepreneurs to start local manufacturing of most of the things Nigeria imports. It is the only panacea to reverse high rate of joblessness in the economy. It is an apt response to the current situation of the economy. Check out Japan. They became the second largest economy in the world until recently by heavily devaluing their currency against the dollar. Tinubu is on the right path.
. HAVE YOU EVER HAD ANY BUSINESS BEFORE?, I AM NOT SURE, BECAUSE IF I AM SURE YOU HAVE EVER RUN ONE,YOU WONT BE SAYING THIS, EVEN THOSE OF US IN THE LIVE STOCK AND AGRO SECTOR, THE EVIL POLICY IS NOW MAKING LOTS OF US TO GO MELLOW OR WIND UP. I BLAME THE CHEAP DATA YOU USED IN TYPING THIS. DO YOU KNOW THE COST OF A BAG OF MAIZE FROM A FARM IN THE NORTH NOW?, THOSE ANIMAL FEED MANUAFACTURER HOW DO YOU THINK THEY ARE CURRENTLY COPING?, MOST OF THEM ARE STILL IN PRODUCTION JUST FOR BEING THERE SAKE. A BAG OF STARTER FEED NOW GOES FOR N10K PLUS.

THE CURRENTLY GOVERNMENT POLICY AND ENVIRONMENT IS NOT MAKING IT EASY FOR ANY BUSINESS TO SURVIVE IN NIGERIA, POWER IS ANOTHER THING. GUY I REST MY CASE HERE.
Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by LegitWebsites: 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2023
Have They Not Already?

They should wait until The Naira Hits: 1,000,000 Naira = $1

Instead of Sponsor and Supervise Real Agricultural Projects That will Empower The Naira across All 774 Local Government Area; They Are Busy Doing Nonsense.

Well; If you are Wise; HODL USDT Now.

And HODL Alot of It.

You'll Be Happier in This Economy.

You are New in The World or Crypto? You need The Absolute TRUTH... Then, Read Up on The Crypto Sensitization Link Already on Our Bio.

And Most Importantly; Don't Forget To Engage in Agriculture - Particularly The Cultivation of Plantain and Cassava (PAC). They Are Very Cheap To Cultivate without Irrigation....And Your Yield is MAXI.
Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by Racoon(m): 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2023
And his mummified zombies said Tinubu is an economic strategist? International travels and transactions now is just not it. Woe betide this nation.

1 Like

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by obyno82: 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2023
leokid866:
who told you they are the only power supplier? I live in Ogun and I have near 21 hours light.....I also have a bakery and light is the least of our problems

haaaa!! Fear God oooo you can lie for Africa
Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by fx45(m): 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2023
ambale:

You talk as if you are not in Nigeria, businesses are closing down because of the harsh economy and you still advising new ones to join the fray.

What sort of right path are you on?
Those Agbado bots are usually very brainless. They don't think.

1 Like

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by InvertedHammer: 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2023
/
Eyes go clear una soon.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

They packaged rubbish in 2015. You bought. The same agents packaged another rubbish in 2023. You bought.
/

2 Likes

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by Bluearrow: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2023
NAC1666:

Godswill Emefiele should be brought back immediately....I advice Tinubu not to unify the CBN rate and the black market rate,he refused. Naira is dieing, CBN should quickly reverse the dollar unification immediately
Honestly...Seems the Emefiele guy knew what he was doing oh. Since the unification, the way naira is falling shows it was a bad move. Naira has been stable for the past one year, but since tinubu unified it, it has dropped drastically within a space of 2 months. It is quite scaring

1 Like

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by BarrElChapo(m): 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2023
EconomistXplain:
tinubu's major problem in the economy management is dangote who has refused to begin operation of his long awaited refinery project....

if he (dangote) does, then petrol import will stop... foreign exchange will b saved..huge demand for FX will decline...supply of FX will begin by major private firm....then naira and everything else will stabilize

Refused to begin operations" you say, aren't you in the know that the said refinery wasn't completed at the time of its cake cutting by PMB ?
Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by Angelfrost(m): 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Going by the trajectory that has existed since June, I gave the economy six months to tank.

I may even have been too generous with that estimation.

I still can't understand how someone taking over from Buhari who destroyed the nation's economy couldn't have put a blueprint and team together before getting sworn in... It beggars belief.

No wonder he kept dodging Public debates just like his predecessor.

Three whole months... No Cabinet; No Economic Plan; Legislators already on holiday.

Nigeria is truly an interesting entity... It gets as amusing as it gets sad.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by VEHINTOLAR: 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:

How do you start manufacturing anything when there is no stable electricity supply ? Or are you gonna run on diesel with its current rate ? Let's face it,the economy is crumbling under Tinubu;that's not what we voted for !

1 Like

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by Menclothing: 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2023
Nigeria economy evil always fight back and win flaring nsira is the best now they have hijacker’s it
So the CBN needs to be supplying forex at subsidized rate lol another set of billionaires will be make like emiefele did
Nigeria is gone good policy don’t work
Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by bjdon: 1:07pm On Aug 14, 2023
Almost 3 months since he was sworn in and Tinubu still not have his cabinet in place. People have been screened, how hard is it to at least get the ministers of finance, energy and industry in place?
Can you imagine a country like the US or UK going for almost 3 months without a Treasury Sec or Chancellor of the Exchequer?

We play too much in this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by Reference(m): 1:07pm On Aug 14, 2023
The CBN last had control of the naira in the late 70's.

It handed that control over to government since then who promptly appointed the black market as the defacto reserve bank of international settlement.
The CBN is the minority player in the economy of Nigeria. And Nigerians are comfortable with that as seen from the futile attempt by the last CBN governor to take the economy back by coercion.

2 Likes

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by bjdon: 1:09pm On Aug 14, 2023
Bluearrow:

Honestly...Seems the Emefiele guy knew what he was doing oh. Since the unification, the way naira is falling shows it was a bad move. Naira has been stable for the past one year, but since tinubu unified it, it has dropped drastically within a space of 2 months. It is quite scaring
What was he doing? Subsidizing an artificial exchange rate, is that what you call proper monetary policy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by Henix(m): 1:10pm On Aug 14, 2023
SmartPolician:
For floating the naira knowing that Nigeria runs an import-dependent economy, Ebola no just get sense. $1 may reach #1k before December 2023.

1 dollar will reach N1000 before this week runs out

2 Likes

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by Angelfrost(m): 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2023
InvertedHammer:
/
Eyes go clear una soon.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

They packaged rubbish in 2015. You bought. The same agents packaged another rubbish in 2023. You bought.
/

Honestly, most Nigerians deserve to suffer... And they will SUFFER!

3 Likes

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by BoldBrainz(m): 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2023
Angelfrost:

I still can't understand how someone taking over from Buhari who destroyed the nation's economy couldn't have put a blueprint and team together before getting sworn in... It beggars belief.

No wonder he kept dodging Public debates just like his predecessor.

Three whole months... No Cabinet; No Economic Plan; Legislators already on holiday.

Nigeria is truly an interesting entity... It gets as amusing as it gets sad.

Tinubu has always been too eager to please his handlers.

His two major policies in the space of 10 days were as scatterbrained as they were impulsive. Without even conversing with stakeholders and policy opinion shapers, he happened hungrily on recommendations from the IMF and World bank, not stopping to contemplate what had to be done as precautionary measures and what impacts the masses will feel, resultantly.

Less than 3 months down the line, this is the helpless pitfall we're in, and the man is bereft of ideas as to how to remedy the situation, and is only indulging in the Niger crisis as a temporart diversionary relief.

1 Like

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by ufotty2001: 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2023
EconomistXplain:
tinubu's major problem in the economy management is dangote who has refused to begin operation of his long awaited refinery project....

if he (dangote) does, then petrol import will stop... foreign exchange will b saved..huge demand for FX will decline...supply of FX will begin by major private firm....then naira and everything else will stabilize
Keep decieving yourself and your family.. are you telling us that only dangote refinery can provide the whole dollars we need in this nation.. do you know much annually we need in dollars for schooling, medicals, Businesses and others Just dey play
Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by BoldBrainz(m): 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2023
ufotty2001:

Keep decieving yourself and your family.. are you telling us that only dangote refinery can provide the whole dollars we need in this nation.. do you know much annually we need in dollars for schooling, medicals, Businesses and others Just dey play

Don't even know why you saw the need to respond to that comment.
Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by Kennydoc(m): 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:

With which electricity?

2 Likes

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by Algold: 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2023
Take note, revolution will start in the North against this administration. Then it will escalate, the agbodorians will have no choice cos there master (northerners) have spoken

3 Likes

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by Willie2015: 1:18pm On Aug 14, 2023
EconomistXplain:

1.Why should we wait for Dangote...?

2. Fix the available refineries...

3.Or sell them to someone that can make it functional.

4.We dont need soothsayers to tell us these facts.
Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by ManOfSon: 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2023
I will continue to dish out my one pence nuggets of wisdom on here. There's no saving the naira because Nigeria isn't selling anything to the rest of the world beside crude oil. Crude oil is going out of fashion fast, the price is dodgy, and much of it in Nigeria is stolen anyways. A practical, short-term fix would be to drastically reduce the size of the government and bureaucracy. Who will do this? Godswill Akpabio and his Senate? Or a clearly compromised Tinubu? Can you imagine having almost 50 mostly useless Ministers in a struggling, 36 - state country?

1 Like

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by Bovis(m): 1:21pm On Aug 14, 2023
CBN created the problems through Emefiele Naira redesign policy. Most of the naira he confiscated were not destroyed and have now found their way back into the system through corrupt CBN staff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by Heffalump(m): 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2023
SalamRushdie:
I called this first many weeks ago and I never call Anything wrong..like I said then Tinubu had lost control of of the economy because of his poorly implemented fuel and Naira deregulation and remember I predicted that that naira will get to 1200 to a dollar and Petro 1050 per litre abd Tinubu will be forced to start regulating them again other to save his govt from a popular uprising....Nigerians will be the ultimate losers

If the Judiciary know what is good for themselves and Nigerians in general, they better do the needful. They can't be guaranteed safety from the masses anywhere in the world, should they toy with implementing rightful judgement in salvaging the integrity and continuity of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by Prince111111: 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2023
BoldBrainz:
We've been shouting this on all threads since the last week of June, but APC supporters here on nairaland, said we're economic neophytes, therefore in no place to give counsel.

Let's now be quiet and watch their Chicago bred Exxon mobil accountant and seasoned economist, take the center stage.
Tinubu na dullard now

2 Likes

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by ezioyi(m): 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2023
Dangote refinery at it optimum will have little or no effect on the value of naira believe me, before deregulation Nigeria didn't buy the petrol with money we gave crude to get refined product. If he exports then foreign exchange can be earned I suppose however The effect on the value of naira might be minimal considering an economy that is import driven. The naira will always be on pressure except we start doing things differently. A shift from consumption to production and minimize our preference for foreign made goods. Government should monitor the activities of illegal miners. For Gods sake we should know what is in the soil of each state and how and who is exploiting them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by BoldBrainz(m): 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2023
Prince111111:
Tinubu na dullard now

Nigga has to be the dumbest motherfvcker to ever occupy that Aso rock!

So much for a supposed master strategist and seasoned accountant!

3 Likes

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by fx45(m): 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:
How do you start manufacturing anything when there is no stable electricity supply ? Or are you gonna run on diesel with its current rate ? Let's face it,the economy is crumbling under Tinubu;that's not what we voted for !
Who voted for him? Maybe you and your likes... Because of Igbophobia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board by Dreamhighnow(m): 1:28pm On Aug 14, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:

Where is the light ? For factory purpose oga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies / How To Earn $50 Per Week Selling Other People's Products - Online Business / Cement: Why Only Dangote?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.