Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,129 members, 7,849,540 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:40 PM

I Love To Look Fit, But I Hate To Go To Gym 5 Times A Week. So I Do This Instead - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love To Look Fit, But I Hate To Go To Gym 5 Times A Week. So I Do This Instead (507 Views)

I Used To Gym To Impress My Female Mates In School / Is It Normal For Sex Drive To Reduce Cuz U Start Going To Gym? / "Give Your Woman MouthAction 9 Times A Week" – Joro Olumofin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Love To Look Fit, But I Hate To Go To Gym 5 Times A Week. So I Do This Instead by BigboyMindset(m): 12:36pm On Aug 14, 2023
Trying to lose weight has consumed a larger part of my mind these past years.

I could remember when I wanted to join a paramilitary club, Man O War and the instructor looked at me and said: "are you sure you can do this like this."
I was annoyed, I had to do 20 push up to prove myself.

That's just one of the many cenerios where being fat almost shenked me.

So after trying several weighloss Technique and looking for what works. I have come to this audacious conclusion that...

The only way to lose weight is to have a complete lifestyle switch.

Here's why:
Almost 90% of people who lose weight by a magic Diet, magic pill, strenous Exercises end up getting back their weight under 3 months. The lucky ones? 1 year.
What's the use then. Why jam myself so hard in the gym only to become fat again.
So resorted to the only thing that's comfortable for me to do: modifying my meals and eating healthy.
And I wouldn't be writing about this if it was about eating some foreign sushi, almond seed, or whatever leaves that suck the light out of me.
No, I eat my local Nigerian diet easy to find and affordable to purchase. No need to go broke trying to lose weight abi na.

Here are some of my meals:

1) Moimoi:
I eat it alone and sometimes with baked pap.
2) Ekuru;
This is another food from beans. Just like moi moi, you can enjoy it with pap, gari or wheat bread.
4) Potatoes portage:
If you know how to prepare this thing very well eh, you will never eat yam portage again.
5) Wheat and okra or ewedu:
Wheat is high in fiber so is okra. And Working together, both of them will flush that stomach and wipe it clean. I prefer to take this at lunch.
5) Plantain Portage:
Another mad meal that beats yam portage hands down.
I'm not sure which one tastes best between Plantain and potatoes portage
6) Chicken and scrambled egg:
Instead of frying your egg try scrambling it instead and enjoy it with chicken.
Oh, remove the outer skin from your chicken before you eat.
7) Local/ Ofada Rice with Vegetables And Chicken;
I don't think I need to explain how tasty this is to you haha.
But there's a clause, don't ngo and fill your plate with too much rice like a hungry egbira man (No offence to the Egbiras reading oo). It won't work like that.
Instead divide your plate into three 50% vegitable, 25% protein (your chicken, I'm sure you like the sound of that, shior 🥴 FFO) and 25% rice. Do it like that and you're good.

Actually these are just of the few healthy food combination that helps me keep my weight under control.
If you're just like who loves to snack a lot. try eating either tiger nut, walnuts, cashew nut, sesame seeds, occasionally groundnut and date.
I hope this helps.
Bigboymindset.
PS: See.... Forget about the flaws of "Nigerian foods making you fat" many people talk about. Because it's not about what you eat but the way you eat it. That is what determines whether you're fat or not.

Public Disclaimer:
I honestly didn't come-up with these meals on my own with my little head.. I only stole it from the secret blog I talked about 👇 below (in my signature)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Love To Look Fit, But I Hate To Go To Gym 5 Times A Week. So I Do This Instead by LIVINGICONREBOR: 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2023
This is good stuff. You see those meals you reeled out above, they are basically "pure and clean" fuel for the muscles, in as much as you are training very well with the "iron". They are also good fat burners.
Re: I Love To Look Fit, But I Hate To Go To Gym 5 Times A Week. So I Do This Instead by Zigzagman: 7:15pm On Aug 14, 2023
Hmmb

(1) (Reply)

My T528 Is Playing Java Game / Boyfriend Hate It When girlfriend Try To Help Them In Courtship - Lady(vid) / My Wife Must Pay Me ₦1million Before I Grant Her Divorce – Man Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.