Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' (79458 Views)

Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? / 133-Year-Old Woman Who Lives On Top Of Olumo Rock (Photos) / Should I Be Thinking Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by PotatoSalad(m): 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
shortgun:

You have poor eyesight, seek medical attention immediately.
Pesin wey dey soak garri on a daily
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by AdaAwka1: 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2023
SimplyAJ:

Mtcheww

So many empty headed ladies this days

See that hunt games show. 7 times 7 dem no sabi with their empty head they used to study biochemistry. But doggy or missionary na that one dey tickle their fancy
Most of these girls using iPhone 13, 14 for lagos na olosho them be. Packaged olosho

Dem go come here they shout i can't marry broke man, can you take care of me. Can't you try making your own money on your own and without using your pussy
You hate men so much, yet you can't live without us

Like don't you guys sit down and ask yourselves, what am I bringing to the table apart from my used toto? Want to always reap where you did not sow

The most annoying part untop of it all is that they will now come and be shouting I can't cook or clean, he should be romantic, tall, dark, intelligent. When the man says okay, I want you to submit and respect them go dey shout no. A lot of you girls think like fools honestly

Shouting gender equality
Equality kill you there

no mind dem. women of now adays can pretend.

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by eboniest(f): 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
You guys here just love insulting ladies.. Anyways,it's not a big deal if a man stays in that kind of apartment..Do not despise the days of humble beginnings.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by JetApartment: 3:48pm On Aug 15, 2023
teedoxman89:
The little furniture in that one room apartment is more expensive that that of a two bedroom flat, if you know you know!!!!

Two massage seats after a stressful day and after nacking....dude is MVP grin grin grin

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by franchasofficia: 3:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
pocohantas:

Nobody owes anyone love because of your choice. If you come to my house and I am spreading pant inside the sitting room, it is my choice, but you can choose to be turned off by it. It is either I address it or change.

I haven't met one man with a good taste that kept his mattress on the floor even when he has the money to buy a bed. Most times it is because they don't know better or priorities. Even you would be turned off by a grow working lady with her mattress on the floor. Make we dey talk truth abeg!!
Lolz

To be frank with you, I don't see keeping mattress on the floor as an issue because almost all my friends right from higher institution days kept their mattress on the floor.

As for ladies keeping their mattress on the floor, the thing is, I don't even expect a single lady to live alone without parents, siblings, aunt, uncle, etc to even expect her to own a mattress to start with.

I never had high expectations from a lady I would date. The only things that mattered most to me was how humble, respectful, homely and focused she was. If she had a good job that's a big plus but never a must to me when I was single. I didn't even fancy career ladies when I was single lol, and I hated ladies in certain profession which I eventually ended up with and that was because she had other qualities I cherished.

And I can categorically tell you that most Nigerian men don't expect much from ladies. Forget what guys say online, in real life, the number one quality guys look at is physical beauty, youthfulness, humility, respect. Many guys don't care if a lady is working, broke or not if she has other qualities they want

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by pocohantas(f): 4:01pm On Aug 15, 2023
franchasofficia:
Lolz

To be frank with you, I don't see keeping mattress on the floor as an issue because almost all my friends right from higher institution days kept their mattress on the floor.

As for ladies keeping their mattress on the floor, the thing is, I don't even expect a single lady to live alone without parents, siblings, aunt, uncle, etc to even expect her to own a mattress to start with.

I never had high expectations from a lady I would date. The only things that mattered most to me was how humble, respectful, homely and focused she was. If she had a good job that's a big plus but never a must to me when I was single. I didn't even fancy career ladies when I was single lol, and I hated ladies in certain profession which I eventually ended up with and that was because she had other qualities I cherished.

And I can categorically tell you that most Nigerian men don't expect much from ladies. Forget what guys say online, in real life, the number one quality guys look at is physical beauty, youthfulness, humility, respect. Many guys don't care if a lady is working, broke or not if she has other qualities they want

Guys expect MUCH for ladies. The mistake you make is assuming much to be money. A guy that wants youthfulness, humility, respect, submissiveness, ability to asslick his family, tight pumpum, perky breast...etc, is already asking for "MUCH" and that is what men ask for. Women want ability to provide and lead and they would look for signs that show this. Equal grounds. Don't start telling women not to judge or rate you. You rate women every single day by their youthfulness, looks, body count...etc.

Both gender have what they want from the other and they must rate you. If you like, wear dusty slippers and be walking about. You would only be as deluded as women that dress indecently and say it is their heart that matters. You must be rated accordingly.

And by the way, if you are indeed soft, babes don't need to see car to know. Many times I go to some kind markets and I am always singled out. Nigerians know how to smell comfort and money from your skin and mannerisms.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by JASONjnr(m): 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
You are not steady
Is it peace or vawulence

🤪🤪🤪
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by franchasofficia: 4:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
pocohantas:

Guys expect MUCH for ladies. The mistake you make is assuming much to be money. A guy that wants youthfulness, humility, respect, submissiveness, ability to asslick his family, tight pumpum, perky breast...etc, is already asking for "MUCH" and that is what men ask for. Women want ability to provide and lead and they would look for signs that show this. Equal grounds. Don't start telling women not to judge or rate you. You rate women every single day by their youthfulness, looks, body count...etc.

Both gender have what they want from the other and they must rate you. If you like, wear dusty slippers and be walking about. You would only be as deluded as women that dress indecently and say it is their heart that matters. You must be rated accordingly.
You are damn right cheesy grin
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by emmaodet: 4:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
Leggodeals:
Men like crying that women can't look past material things but even men can't look past the artificials in women.

We, ugly women have been quiet and watching on the side for so long. We have a voice too but make we observe finish first. Our pretty friends get picked first all the time. They take the best of men and leave us with scraps. Or should I say men give them their all and fall back on us.

The day the ugly women association of Nigeria will reclaim our voice, no man in this country will have peace, the internet will scatter. Men must look at our potentials of being pretty and stop choosing pretty girls above us. angry

grin grin

Omo....poor men don surfer.
Chaii

When did poor men become scraps? For God sake
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Machinegun91(m): 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2023
Post your father's parlour let's see
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by 1Sharon(f): 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2023
GorillaApp:

Priorities, yes.
I don't even have a mirror cheesy or wall clock too
That's just it my dear sister. Priorities

Getting a bed should be a priority.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by 1Sharon(f): 4:35pm On Aug 15, 2023
franchasofficia:
lafmaoooo cheesy cheesy

My sister see eh, my point is, ladies should not let flimsy things discourage them from knowing a great catch.

Putting mattress on the floor is never a good reason to turn a guy down cos many financially buoyant single guys who can afford expensive bed still keep their mattress on the floor out of choice not cos they are broke or irresponsible.

How much does a bed cost? Mattress cost more than a bed frame na. You can get a good furniture carpenter to make a bed frame for you with NGN100,000. If you want to add some style you can make it NGN150,000, is that small amount a good reason to let go a great man with great potentials?

If you have been following my comments on relationship topics, I always advice guys to stabilize their financial life first before going into marriage, it is what I did, and its what I will advice my son to do and its what I advice every single guy I know cos I cant even imagine how being married as a broke man would be like to start with.

I have a daughter now and God knows I will definitely love to see her marry a financially capable guy who she can work together with to build a great home, so I can't support ladies getting married to broke guys, but then I do not support ladies turning guys with great potentials down just because they are not financially made at the moment they approached them. I was once a fvcking broke guy, and I was so broke that I didn't had the guts or confidence to even go into a relationship and even the ladies that looked beyond my financial brokeness and tried to start a relationship with me, I either chickened out or stylishly avoided them cos I knew I wasn't good enough for anybody's daughter, and I loved very fine girls with nice ukwu, which made my case critical cheesy

Poco I didn't know u are still on Nairaland oh, good to see you grin

You're only saying this because you're likely in the same situation and want to be taken as you are. You're not entitled to anybody love or affection. I'm sure you have what turns you off in a woman and no amount of convincing can do it for you.

It's not about the mattress being on the floor.

If a guy can afford it, why is the bed still on the floor? That shit is unsightly and highlights that he hasn't got his priorities in order. The things people choose to spend on, says alot about them.

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by pocohantas(f): 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
1Sharon:

You're only saying this because you're likely in the same situation and want to be taken as you are. You're not entitled to anybody love or affection. I'm sure you have what turns you off in a woman and no amount of convincing can do it for you.

If a guy can afford it, why is the bed still on the floor? That shit is unsightly and highlights that he hasn't got his priorities in order. The things people choose to spend on, say alot about them.

That is all.

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Merry100: 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
Mutual understanding is what matters. Some couples might be able to manage a small apartment or a one-room apartment but personally, I can't. I believe in hard work and planning before marriage because the well-being and convenience of my future children are important to me.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by chipet67(m): 4:43pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Girls are naturally meant to squat before now.. men are the ones who should stand on their feet.
I catch the gist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by franchasofficia: 4:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
1Sharon:

If a guy can afford it, why is the bed still on the floor? That shit is unsightly and highlights that he hasn't got his priorities in order. The things people choose to spend on, say alot about them.

lolz grin

maybe keeping mattress on the floor has become an issue for today's Nigerian single ladies, u know I am no longer in touch with what's trending for the chicks cheesy

Single guys hope una de take note oh, stop keeping your mattress on the floor oh if u want fine fine chicks to de fall for u lol

As for me eh, when I was single, I was too broke to even go into serious relationship cos I didn't have the confidence, the conviction and guts to start anything serious with people's daughters when I knew I had literally nothing to offer them back then, so there was no need to bother about keeping my mattress on the floor cos my room floor was my mattress' permanent home cheesy
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by franchasofficia: 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
pocohantas:

That is all.
Poco its not all oh, I still don't see keeping mattress on the floor as a big deal cos many buoyant guys even see it as fashionable stuff to do, so to them its a choice which the woman can change when she comes in as his wife
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by 1Sharon(f): 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
franchasofficia:
lolz grin

maybe keeping mattress on the floor has become an issue for today's Nigerian single ladies, u know I am no longer in touch with what's trending for the chicks cheesy

Single guys hope una de take note oh, stop keeping your mattress on the floor oh if u want fine fine chicks to de fall for u lol

As for me eh, when I was single, I was too broke to even go into serious relationship cos I didn't have the confidence, the conviction and guts to start anything serious with people's daughters when I knew I had literally nothing to offer them back then, so there was no need to bother about keeping my mattress on the floor cos my room floor was my mattress' permanent home cheesy

If he can't afford a bed, that's not a crime.

As I said before, if he can afford it but still chooses to keep his bed on the floor, that's an issue.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by franchasofficia: 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2023
1Sharon:

If he can't afford a bed, that's not a crime.

As I said before, if he can afford it but still chooses to keep his bed on the floor, that's an issue.
okay oh lol
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Brandiebird: 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2023
Rikze:

I'm married for over nine years now, yet my mattress have always been on the floor.

Funny thing is that the last two bedroom apartment we moved into, the mattress is still on the floor and my wife had to personally move the bed frame to the second room leaving our mattress on the floor, she likes it that.

So please stop sounding stupid both matrimonially and otherwise.

You’re the weirdo sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Some weird people on this thread romanticising poverty as if it’s noble. If a grown man and woman sleep on a mattress on the floor then they are poor and hopefully they will make more money. If they can afford a bed but prefer to sleep on a mattress on the floor then they have issues.

3 Likes

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Goodman247: 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Girls are naturally meant to squat before now.. men are the ones who should stand on their feet.
just a Nigerian thing, independent women rent houses, even build Thier own houses
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Jewessgratitud3: 5:20pm On Aug 15, 2023
Goodman247:
just a Nigerian thing, independent women rent houses, even build Thier own houses

I've been living independently since 2007 . Though started out with my twin but she later got married. Been on my own since then and I know a couple of ladies living independently and paying their own rent.

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Codes151(m): 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2023
What do you have? You that is staying with your parents
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Oceanjagaban: 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2023
Who go snap my room?ona dey find trouble o
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by pocohantas(f): 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2023
franchasofficia:
Poco its not all oh, I still don't see keeping mattress on the floor as a big deal cos many buoyant guys even see it as fashionable stuff to do, so to them its a choice which the woman can change when she comes in as his wife

No they don't. There is absolutely nothing fashionable about a mattress on the floor. It degrades the overall look of a room. If there is no money or for health/safety reasons, understandable. Mattress on the floor is tacky AF.

2 Likes

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by OvertheTop(m): 5:48pm On Aug 15, 2023
Leggodeals:
Men like crying that women can't look past material things but even men can't look past the artificials in women.

We, ugly women have been quiet and watching on the side for so long. We have a voice too but make we observe finish first. Our pretty friends get picked first all the time. They take the best of men and leave us with scraps. Or should I say men give them their all and fall back on us.

The day the[b] ugly women association of Nigeria[/b] will reclaim our voice, no man in this country will have peace, the internet will scatter. Men must look at our potentials of being pretty and stop choosing pretty girls above us. angry

Calm Down!
I understand Your Pain.

Its Really Not Easy....But u'll All be Ok las las
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by 1Sharon(f): 6:09pm On Aug 15, 2023
Brandiebird:

You’re the weirdo sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Some weird people on this thread romanticising poverty as if it’s noble. If a grown man and woman sleep on a mattress on the floor then they are poor and hopefully they will make more money. If they can afford a bed but prefer to sleep on a mattress on the floor then they have issues.

Thank you!!

If I said it, they'll jump on me and call me a materialistic snob.

Imagine having a bed frame and choosing to sleep on the floor? Weird.

Some people don't know better so can't do better.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by sunsweet33: 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2023
looks lovely but would be impossible to clean thoroughly. If you stay in one room, respect yourself and refrain from using carpet/rug.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by sunsweet33: 6:21pm On Aug 15, 2023
Deebami:
Do not despise the days of little beginning,. Many successful couples started with this type of beginning yesteryears, and they're having good lives today ( I can relate). That a guy is stinkingly rich today does not guarantee that he will die a rich man tomorrow, and for the fact that a man is struggling to make ends meet today does not mean that he will die a pauper. Many ladies had missed their God sent partners because of matters like this.

They started with this type of beginning and then when dude started making money, began to cheat on her with more upper class babes. Hmmm 😑 building a man is overrated!

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by sageb: 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
carl90:
Do not despise the days of small beginnings.
This is a neat apartment and a bro can get married in a place like this.
When he gets more blessings,he can always get a bigger place or even build his own house.
life a na gaga

So true
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by sunsweet33: 6:27pm On Aug 15, 2023
Leggodeals:

The day the ugly women association of Nigeria will reclaim our voice, no man in this country will have peace, the internet will scatter. Men must look at our potentials of being pretty and stop choosing pretty girls above us. angry

Well it’s a nice speech. But actually majority of people aren’t ugly. They may have issues that need to be addressed like dentition, skin, weight, jaw alignment and so on but it’s quite difficult to find a truly unattractive woman. Most are average or slightly above average. Female genetics are partially predicated on beauty. We are designed to be attractive.

I’m sure you’re not as ugly as you claim. wink
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by tosinhtml: 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2023
pocohantas:

And by the way, if you are indeed soft, babes don't need to see car to know. Many times I go to some kind markets and I am always singled out. Nigerians know how to smell comfort and money from your skin and mannerisms.

This part is not accurate, babes need complete evidence of prosperity before they qualify you as adequate. Only women are judged just by looking soft without any actual verifiable evidence. There are a lot of Lekki babes that I know looking soft & they don't have any verifiable thing they do for a living. You can still be a fresh guy as a man, but if you don't have money in your pocket. No be freshness dem go chop.

You should ask Ike of big brother, he looks fresh, American accent & finesse but babes no send am, because they now know he doesn't have shishi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge / I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test / Anthony Chijioke: Dr. Ozuzu George Davidson Slept With My Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.