Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

NYSC: PROS And CONS Of A Corper In Bayelsa State - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / NYSC: PROS And CONS Of A Corper In Bayelsa State (1139 Views)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Dating Or Marrying Younger Women / Man Beats Up Lady In Bayelsa For Refusing To Have Sex After Collecting 5000 / Policeman Proposes To Corper In Nasarawa During CDS Meeting (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC: PROS And CONS Of A Corper In Bayelsa State by Richdee1(m): 4:35pm On Aug 14, 2023
I know this might not be the section for this, I hope to get answers
Good day all PCMs and other users
I have just been posted or called up to Bayelsa state for my compulsory 1 year service, would like to ask few questions

1. What and what should I look out for as a corper serving in Bayelsa

2. I would love to redeploy as I'm not a friend of water bodies as I heard that I'll be around water 95 percent

3. Would I be able to serve in a NGO over there as my first choice was to go to the north because of that, but I found myself here

4. I have BSC in Social work, I would love you guys to recommend good PPA for me in other sector, apart from teaching. NGOs, Ministries and all that would be preferred
I'll be in the comment section

Mods please help me push to front page or to the right section
Re: NYSC: PROS And CONS Of A Corper In Bayelsa State by Zonefree(m): 4:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
2. I would love to redeploy as I'm not a friend of water bodies as I heard that I'll be around water 95 percent

Please redeploy asap!

Please Note;
Those useless teachers and community leaders from the interior villages will come to cajole you guys into serving in their community. They'll promise you heaven and earth. Don't listen to them. Na scam!
Nothing is happening in Bayelsa

If you're coming from one of the major cities in Nigeria to Bayelsa state, believe me, Bayelsa will reduce your thinking faculty.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC: PROS And CONS Of A Corper In Bayelsa State by Richdee1(m): 5:17pm On Aug 14, 2023
Zonefree:

Please redeploy asap!

Please Note;
Those useless teachers and community leaders from the interior villages will come to cajole you guys into serving in their community. They'll promise you heaven and earth. Don't listen to them. Na scam!
Nothing is happening in Bayelsa

If you're coming from one of the major cities in Nigeria to Bayelsa state, believe me, Bayelsa will reduce your thinking faculty.

So are you saying nothing is happening there? No industry, how is their economy ?
Re: NYSC: PROS And CONS Of A Corper In Bayelsa State by Goodlady(f): 1:08am On Aug 15, 2023
If you are lucky to be posted to a good place. If not, relocates & it's so easy to relocate from camp
Re: NYSC: PROS And CONS Of A Corper In Bayelsa State by Efna55: 3:41am On Aug 15, 2023
Don't listen to those brain dead frustrated ladies above, Bayelsa is not 95% water else everyone would be fishes.. Bayelsa is a place you'll enjoy as I speak to you now there are good roads to almost all the local government areas, although there very few industries compared to places like port harcourt but I bet you you'll enjoy your stay..
I live in yenagoa and I work with the state civil service, I'll be more than happy to tell you more and how you will enjoy your stay..
Re: NYSC: PROS And CONS Of A Corper In Bayelsa State by maduchukwusun: 6:51am On Aug 15, 2023
Bayelsa is cool but cost of living can be extremely high. Things as little as kerosene are sold almost twice the price it's sold for in town if you serve at those areas whose names end with "biri" . But rest assured, if you are loved by your students, you'd never lack food stuff. most young girls at the water dominated areas are loosed..so be careful so you don't impregnate anyone..if you do you are finished...in addition, it's rare to see a teenager or older who isn't a cult member, so be careful how u punish any student as a teacher, make them no come for you..I served there 2013/2014

1 Like

Re: NYSC: PROS And CONS Of A Corper In Bayelsa State by Richdee1(m): 2:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
Efna55:
Don't listen to those brain dead frustrated ladies above, Bayelsa is not 95% water else everyone would be fishes.. Bayelsa is a place you'll enjoy as I speak to you now there are good roads to almost all the local government areas, although there very few industries compared to places like port harcourt but I bet you you'll enjoy your stay..
I live in yenagoa and I work with the state civil service, I'll be more than happy to tell you more and how you will enjoy your stay..

Thanks a lot sir or ma , I'll be willing to serve in industry, maybe ministry of health or women affairs
I'm a social worker, where do you think would be good enough for service , not planning on teaching
Are there NGO?
Re: NYSC: PROS And CONS Of A Corper In Bayelsa State by Theophinio(m): 12:52am On Mar 10
Efna55:

Good day boss

Please how is Yenogoa now in regards to touting and criminal activities

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Actress, “moyo Lawal Once Said That Sex Before Marriage Is A Sin / Nigerias Most Eligible Bachelor Or Spinster / Getting Married To That Older Lady:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.