Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After (25075 Views)

Please Help, My Mum Is Lazy And Its Draining Me / My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage / "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Sleekjunior(m): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2023
u must be very silly and stupid
JASONjnr:

What sort of childish vomit is this?

Na adult you the give this kind talk?

Una do oh....

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by DenreleDave(m): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2023
cry cry cry cry
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Darlingme(f): 11:31am On Aug 15, 2023
So sorry for your lost.

It's hard on her. Let me cry and express her feelings. Time will heal her.
You're about to travel, hope she wouldn't be alone in the house. Pls make provision of a relative or anyone who can stay with her for this period.

May the Lord comfort her and every member of your family grieving.

That's life.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Mikael0407(m): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2023
Sorry for your loss bro. There's nothing as painful as losing a child. Nothing you say can console her. Just allow her to grieve. Suppressing emotions will not make her feel better. Time only can heal all wounds. When she sees you moving on she'll have to adjust eventually

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by BigBlackPreek(m): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2023
May Allah grant her the fortitude to bear the loss..
It is well with y'all
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Buskete(m): 11:33am On Aug 15, 2023
My wife lost her closest friend from the same ailment (Aplastic anaemia) some time ago. The loss of a loved one is incosolable and difficult but acknowledegement of the fact that it has happened (though difficult) is a good step in coping with grief. I can only imagine how painful your loss is for you and your family and my thoughts and prayers are for you and your mum to go through this phase and come out strong. God is with you and you'll be fine.
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by wittywriter: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2023
@Jogojogo let her grief in her own way...with time she'll heal.
But if you want get to reach out to someone she respects and listen to then let the person reach out to her in good spirit.

I
jogojogo:

Ok
Thank you so much

Stay strong.

Wittyness
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by DenreleDave(m): 11:36am On Aug 15, 2023
Yves4real:
I am sorry for your loss.
I think crying helps some people because it helped me. While trying to suppress crying, my chest will be tight, and I find it difficult to breathe most of the time. After crying, I kind of felt relieved to an extent for some time. So, let someone always be with her and let her talk about the incident and cry. It brings relief somehow.
Is it easy to move on after just a month? I don't think so. Things may likely improve a little after 3 months because the memories created by the deceased renew the pains of his departure daily.
My advice is to keep encouraging her to be strong and back it up with prayer for God's strength. It's almost impossible to console a mother over her child's death, as she will keep wishing that she had died instead of her child.
I hope you have taken her to the hospital for a check-up since your brother passed away.
Please, comment attackers; this is my personal opinion. I beg, waka pass.

U must be very troublesome.

U av said all wonderfully... You don't have to talk abt comment attackers. Let them come make mess of themselves.. Look at one st**.d one named jason up there, he is jsut making mess of his famz.

Attacking IconicR.. Jason is a kid and u guys shud stop engaging him.. These are just boys still bin fed forming adult online

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by DenreleDave(m): 11:37am On Aug 15, 2023
Sleekjunior:
u must be very silly and stupid

He is very very very stpd
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 15, 2023
jogojogo:
My younger brother passed on almost a month ago after being admitted for 3 month at UCH Ibadan. The young man was in his twenties who just wrote is last paper in February. He was diagnosed of aplastic anaemia and was under medical attention untill he passed on.

The death came to us with deep sorrow and pain. I have tried to move on even though it's difficult. I still cry every day secretly but my biggest concern right now is how to get my mother to move on. She has remain unconsolable as every morning I could hear her cries as early as 4.00am daily. I had to be with her in her room talking to her.

Soon, I will be travelling and I am worried she may never find any reason to be happy.

I have spoken to her in my little wisdom and don't even know what else to be telling her.

I need our advice please on how better to handle this and what can be done to effectively help the situation

Now that you're going to travel away from her, the agony for your mom is gonna triple...The way out, is to make arrangements for someone to be with her, so that she'll not develop HBP and die within a year because of loneliness.

Anyway, RIP to your kid bro.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by EmmyDJourno: 11:38am On Aug 15, 2023
Mehhhnnn, I don’t even know what to say🫂🫂🫂
Tell her to get busy with Church activities, that’s the best way to manage the pain, let’s her keep busy in God’s house
My best friend’s Mum has not gotten over his death 18months after, when I go to their place, they don’t allow me see her so she doesn’t relive the trauma😢

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by folake4u(f): 11:39am On Aug 15, 2023
I am so sorry for your loss. It is quite painful.

Just give her time and allow her grieve in peace.

Time really doesn't heal such wounds but still, she has a right to grieve. It is painful losing a child.

I can totally relate. My sister died and my Mom was shattered cos that was her favourite child. My late sister was in final year with me as at then. Her death was painful. My Mum cried her eyes out for more than a month. The pain comes unexpectedly once in a while but still, we allowed her to grieve in peace.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Emmanuel30a: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2023
jogojogo:
My younger brother passed on almost a month ago after being admitted for 3 month at UCH Ibadan. The young man was in his twenties who just wrote is last paper in February. He was diagnosed of aplastic anaemia and was under medical attention untill he passed on.

The death came to us with deep sorrow and pain. I have tried to move on even though it's difficult. I still cry every day secretly but my biggest concern right now is how to get my mother to move on. She has remain unconsolable as every morning I could hear her cries as early as 4.00am daily. I had to be with her in her room talking to her.

Soon, I will be travelling and I am worried she may never find any reason to be happy.

I have spoken to her in my little wisdom and don't even know what else to be telling her.

I need our advice please on how better to handle this and what can be done to effectively help the situation
I thought you people or guys knows how to make love or sexual intercourse...via or through anus and uterus... Is that too late now...?... Mumu mugu imun gun feeje buredi...won feran buredi oni buredi... Awon oni idi eleje reedi/eleje didi ni idi/oni idi jenkuredi...ara/iyekan awon ara LA Ebedi...
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by adisabarber(m): 11:39am On Aug 15, 2023
jogojogo:

Let her mourn her son till she feels better. Only God can console someone who lost a child. In her own time, she will begin to learn to live with the pain. Right now she has not even realized the pain will never go away. When she's crying, walk into her room, greet her, hug her but don't tell her to stop crying.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by MrUchenna1(m): 11:40am On Aug 15, 2023
Lord, lift their eyes so that they may catch a glimpse of eternity, and be comforted by the promise of heaven. it is well with her
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by BoldBrainz(m): 11:41am On Aug 15, 2023
Okay.
What are we to do then?
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by chris4gold(m): 11:44am On Aug 15, 2023
I was once in your shoes, and my mother never get out of this until she passed away 2 years ago. I pray God heal your home and send comfort to your family. RIP to the loved ones we have lost.
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Addme: 11:45am On Aug 15, 2023
Emmanuel30a:
I thought you people or guys knows how to make love or sexual intercourse...via or through anus and uterus... Is that too late now...?... Mumu mugu imun gun feeje buredi...won feran buredi oni buredi... Awon oni idi eleje reedi/eleje didi ni idi...ara/iyekan awon ara LA Ebedi...
You need help, as in serious help. May God heal you.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Fugazy2023: 11:45am On Aug 15, 2023
I don't know what to say but I'm so sorry for your loss bro. May God console your family 🙏
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Emmanuel30a: 11:45am On Aug 15, 2023
Addme:

Mufu...dey dia...
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by HappyPagan: 11:45am On Aug 15, 2023
She won't ever recover. My parents 'died' after my siblings died in a plane crash. It's almost twenty years later, and they still aren't themselves.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Aristotle2020: 11:45am On Aug 15, 2023
I can understand your pain personally..also lost my younger brother to Laekumia last year...and i understand how heartbroken my Fam were and still is..you just need find someone who's so dear to your mum to speak hope into her..
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by EthanSly: 11:47am On Aug 15, 2023
I'm deeply sorry for your loss..

Truth is there is nothing anybody can say right now that can console your mum. Nothing hurts a mother as loosing a child..it will take a very long time for her to heal.. Just be praying for her while she goes through the period of pain..

She will definitely come out of it but it's when I don't know..

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by beardedboy(m): 11:48am On Aug 15, 2023
JASONjnr:

What sort of childish vomit is this?

Na adult you the give this kind talk?

Una do oh....
What's the rubbish in it?
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by VanDerWaalforces: 11:50am On Aug 15, 2023
It's a pity bro! So sorry dear. Accept my condolences
I pray God grant your family especially your mother the fortitude to bear the loss; and may God grant your brother eternal rest. Amen!
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by tommyray4ever(m): 11:51am On Aug 15, 2023
My condolences. With time she'll be fine. 🙏
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Emmanuel30a: 11:53am On Aug 15, 2023
Addme:

You should/would have done better by singing... Healing rain is falling down2×... I'm not afraid...
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 11:53am On Aug 15, 2023
jogojogo:

I have been reading through our responses and I sincerely appreciate every response of encouragement and suggestion. You don't know how soothing your words have been. I am grateful to the admin for bringing up this post so many can contribute. Thank you so much and may God richly bless you all for your responses

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by chi4ik4(m): 11:56am On Aug 15, 2023
So sorry for your loss bro. However: she's not going to be consoled, I lost my mum since 2007 and I still cry till date. It hurts me more now that I have some cash to spend on her but she's no more. The loss of a loved one is perpetual, it hurts and your emotions must react spontaneously.

My sincere condolences.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by mikeapollo: 11:56am On Aug 15, 2023
jogojogo:

Sorry for the loss of your brother.
One month is too short for a mother to stop weeping and mourning a son who died in his 20s.
Keep consoling her and don't be tired of giving her hope that things will be fine.
Let your father (if alive) get involved in the consolation. Also find time to take her out to comedy events and cinemas where she can watch good films to relax and laugh off some of the sorrows in her heavy heart.
It takes time, but she will be fine.
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by myrates: 11:57am On Aug 15, 2023
jogojogo:

Sorry for your loss
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Emmanuel30a: 11:57am On Aug 15, 2023
jogojogo:

I have been reading through our responses and I sincerely appreciate every response of encouragement and suggestion. You don't know how soothing your words have been. I am grateful to the admin for bringing up this post so many can contribute. Thank you so much and may God richly bless you all for your responses
Huh...? Hmmm um...?...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Newstead Makmond Boss, Evang Obue, Wife Welcome Twins After Some Years (photos) / Before you Interfere In Any Marital Scuffle. / Nigerian Couple Welcome Triplets After 13 Years Of Marriage (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.