Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After (25074 Views)

Please Help, My Mum Is Lazy And Its Draining Me / My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage / "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2023
Error401:
Take her to her sisters, she can not live alone, she'd be more depressed

Thanks so much
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Desusi: 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2023
tofolo:
what about your dad?
Interesting question. I had wanted to ask same question. Hope the dad is still alive, if not,this may be the reason why her pains seemed to be more.it's not an easy thing to bear.May loss of child never happened to us in life in Jesus name.Amen.l would suggest she leave her dwelling place for at lease a week.Get her engaged with something or let her be with the assembly of God's people where prayers and worship are offered in continuous manner. In no distance time, she will revived. Let her read her Bible for comfort too.Never allow her to be alone.
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by MrAbufayed: 12:30pm On Aug 15, 2023
[quote author=IconicR post=125125042][/quote]
Dumbie!!!
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Octopusssy(f): 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2023
GodWrites:
Allow her to cry. She's grieving. Once she has reached the acceptance stage, she will come around.
True. Those telling her to stop crying don't seem to understand what it means to lose a child
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 12:33pm On Aug 15, 2023
Blankent:
Get a pastor or any spirit-fill Christian to pray for your mom and cancel the spirit of depression. It happened to me when I lost my elder brother. For weeks I couldn't get myself until I complained to a sister who is anointed. She prayed over me, and that was how the death of my brother left my mind.
I really wish this can happen to me too. It's so strong on mind that these days I take pills to enable me sleep though my BP is normal.
I wish this incident will wade off my mind really
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by MrHighSea: 12:35pm On Aug 15, 2023
just Googled it, it's serious health condition
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by lekonso: 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
Please engage the power of prayer. Only God can console effectively. Pray to God to console her, along with your own consolation, then you will see results. Your own consolation alone cannot do the magic

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 12:37pm On Aug 15, 2023
Octopusssy:

True. Those telling her to stop crying don't seem to understand what it means to lose a child
I won't mind if this can get to a point when it will be so easy for her to stop without resulting into another trouble
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by benny24: 12:37pm On Aug 15, 2023
Encourage her to draw close to GOD, she should also try to keep herself busy with religious activities by engaging in such activities she would spend less time staying alone, this would help fast track the healing process, the more she stays alone and isolated she would be forced to brood over the misfortune
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
MrHighSea:
just Googled it, it's serious health condition
Though a serious health health condition with high fatality but treatable
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by PeachtreeReside(f): 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
😭 sorry dear, just tell her that if she wants you to succeed in life and excel in whatever you are traveling for then she should stop crying and move on with her life. Tell her that's the only motivation you need from her.
Tell her that her refusal to stop crying and move on is haunting your soul and causing you depression. Tell her only a positive energy from her can help you forge ahead.
Tell her to be strong and take everything in her stride and move on with life.
Sorry for your loss

1 month is too short for her or anyone to get over a loss.

No one can hurry her up or make her get over it at the snap of a finger.

That is why one needs to be good and kind to others so they can take turns in staying with us in our time of needs.

The pain can never ever go . The scar never fades.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 12:42pm On Aug 15, 2023
benny24:
Encourage her to draw close to GOD, she should also try to keep herself busy with religious activities by engaging in such activities she would spend less time staying alone, this would help fast track the healing process, the more she stays alone and isolated she would be forced to brood over the misfortune
Good, thanks so much
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Baddass: 12:43pm On Aug 15, 2023
It is really saddening and I can't even pretend to feel what you're going through. May the almighty God forgive the departed and grant you his family the fortitude to bear the loss.

Sorry bro.
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
Desusi:

Interesting question. I had wanted to ask same question. Hope the dad is still alive, if not,this may be the reason why her pains seemed to be more.it's not an easy thing to bear.May loss of child never happened to us in life in Jesus name.Amen.l would suggest she leave her dwelling place for at lease a week.Get her engaged with something or let her be with the assembly of God's people where prayers and worship are offered in continuous manner. In no distance time, she will revived. Let her read her Bible for comfort too.Never allow her to be alone.
Dad was gone 17 years ago
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2023
Baddass:
It is really saddening and I can't even pretend to feel what you're going through. May the almighty God forgive the departed and grant you his family the fortitude to bear the loss.

Sorry bro.
Amen, thanks so much
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 12:47pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
So sorry for your lost.

It's hard on her. Let me cry and express her feelings. Time will heal her.
You're about to travel, hope she wouldn't be alone in the house. Pls make provision of a relative or anyone who can stay with her for this period.

May the Lord comfort her and every member of your family grieving.

That's life.
Amen and Amen
Thank you so much for the suggestion
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 12:48pm On Aug 15, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
May Allah grant her the fortitude to bear the loss..

It is well with y'all
Ameen
Thanks so much
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 12:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
wittywriter:
@Jogojogo let her grief in her own way...with time she'll heal.
But if you want get to reach out to someone she respects and listen to then let the person reach out to her in good spirit.

Wittyness
Ok
Thank you so much
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by TaiwoKing: 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2023
chiommy123:
So sorry for your loss. Remind her that your brother is in a better place and wouldn't want her to harm herself in any way. Pray for her. It's not easy abeg.
Which better place could he be?
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 12:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
Emmanuel30a:
I thought you people or guys knows how to make love or sexual intercourse...via or through anus and uterus... Is that too late now...?... Mumu mugu imun gun feeje buredi...won feran buredi oni buredi... Awon oni idi eleje reedi/eleje didi ni idi/oni idi jenkuredi...ara/iyekan awon ara LA Ebedi...
What's this please

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by SPAMBOX7: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2023
jogojogo:
My younger brother passed on almost a month ago after being admitted for 3 month at UCH Ibadan. The young man was in his twenties who just wrote is last paper in February. He was diagnosed of aplastic anaemia and was under medical attention untill he passed on.

The death came to us with deep sorrow and pain. I have tried to move on even though it's difficult. I still cry every day secretly but my biggest concern right now is how to get my mother to move on. She has remain unconsolable as every morning I could hear her cries as early as 4.00am daily. I had to be with her in her room talking to her.

Soon, I will be travelling and I am worried she may never find any reason to be happy.

I have spoken to her in my little wisdom and don't even know what else to be telling her.

I need our advice please on how better to handle this and what can be done to effectively help the situation
Let her know your bro won't be happy that she's put herself in the place she is. That he wojdywant her to move on and be happy. He won't be happy wherever he is, seeing her like that.
So if she wants her son to be happy wherever he is she should move on. Cos for him to be happy where he is she has to be happy as well.

I just hope it helps. It is well
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Mummyimbecile(m): 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
OP, first, let me start by asking you to please accept my sympathy on the loss of your brother. Losing a loved one and getting over it is not an easy thing unless by God's grace. I knew this when I lost my lovely Dad, it wasn't easy.

I pray that God in his infinite mercies will give you, your mom, your siblings, and any other person that has lost someone dear to them the fortitude to bear the loss and move on... What else can we do? We cant question God.

Secondly, I don't know if your mom stays alone, if she stays alone, I'll advise you to suspend your travel plans if it isn't necessary and stay with her till she gets over the death of your bro. Eh get why.

I pray God sees you through. And also "ozo emena". For the sake of my brothers and sisters who ain't Igbo, it means "may such a thing not happen again".
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
chris4gold:
I was once in your shoes, and my mother never get out of this until she passed away 2 years ago. I pray God heal your home and send comfort to your family. RIP to the loved ones we have lost.
Amen....I pray she get out of this sooner
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by correctguy101(m): 12:56pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
So sorry for your loss.

Just make her understand how she's making you feel with her constant crying and how its affecting you badly.

Ask her if she doesn't value you that is still with her and wants to risk losing another son ( God forbid). She'll not want to hear that and watch how she'll quickly stop and recover fast.

May God protect you and your family.
Affliction will not arise a second time. in Jesus name.

Won't be easy for the woman .

I still don't know how my elder sister helped my mum through the grieving of my dead old man.

I'm inept in such consolations but seeing my mum grieving.... Don't know, I discovered I'm not as detached as I thought I was.

The woman needs company now, more than ever.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Error401: 1:00pm On Aug 15, 2023
Welcome bro. About 4 years ago. My moms sisters lost her business and was in huge debt, everything got ruined, she was a millionaire. We lived in different cities and we hardly meet. My mom knew about the situation but she never thought it was so severe till she got a call that her sister was sick. She is my mom's carbon copy.
When my mom saw her, she cried! she was so lean, she took her to our house and I was so surprised to see her loose so much weight. She started all over again with us. Started a small business and gradually forgetting her worries and recuperating.
Today she is back on her feet, runs multiple business and have her own house and cars. She has always been very hardworking.

That scenrio made me realize that Family plays a very important role in our life, I dont know about yours, if you have good people, inform them and she will surely get her life back. My sincere condolences Sir.
jogojogo:

I think I will do this immediately
Thank uou

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Rikaxe9432: 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2023
Hmmmm no doubt ur mama na awareness seeker😊
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by blackboy2star(m): 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
Where's your dad in all of this br
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by dbestuncle: 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2023
Does she have friends, church, social groups and associations that you can talk to. Plead with them to visit her regularly.
My church used to have women do roaster of those who can go to such person's house and sleep over even we sometimes give a stipend for transportation.
It's not easy but with time it will go down and she will be fine again.
Then you have to also console yourself properly bcoz u too aren't helping her because she maybe noticing you too.

jogojogo:
My younger brother passed on almost a month ago after being admitted for 3 month at UCH Ibadan. The young man was in his twenties who just wrote is last paper in February. He was diagnosed of aplastic anaemia and was under medical attention untill he passed on.

The death came to us with deep sorrow and pain. I have tried to move on even though it's difficult. I still cry every day secretly but my biggest concern right now is how to get my mother to move on. She has remain unconsolable as every morning I could hear her cries as early as 4.00am daily. I had to be with her in her room talking to her.

Soon, I will be travelling and I am worried she may never find any reason to be happy.

I have spoken to her in my little wisdom and don't even know what else to be telling her.

I need our advice please on how better to handle this and what can be done to effectively help the situation

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Jewessgratitud3: 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
correctguy101:

Won't be easy for the woman .

I still don't know how my elder sister helped my mum through the grieving of my dead old man.

I'm inept in such consolations but seeing my mum grieving.... Don't know, I discovered I'm not as detached as I thought I was.

The woman needs company now, more than ever.

True.
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Dshocker(m): 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
jogojogo:

I saw a young guy that died, in a hospital beg, in the video a female voice was heard calling his name and crying in the background on Instagram
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Emmanuel30a: 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
jogojogo:

What's this please
Who are you please...?...
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Emmanuel30a: 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
Dshocker:

I saw a young guy that died, in a hospital beg, in the video a female voice was heard calling his name and crying in the background on Instagram
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Newstead Makmond Boss, Evang Obue, Wife Welcome Twins After Some Years (photos) / Before you Interfere In Any Marital Scuffle. / Nigerian Couple Welcome Triplets After 13 Years Of Marriage (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.