Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,801 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After (25072 Views)

Please Help, My Mum Is Lazy And Its Draining Me / My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage / "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by tylesh(f): 11:53pm On Aug 15, 2023
jogojogo:
My younger brother passed on almost a month ago after being admitted for 3 month at UCH Ibadan. The young man was in his twenties who just wrote is last paper in February. He was diagnosed of aplastic anaemia and was under medical attention untill he passed on.

The death came to us with deep sorrow and pain. I have tried to move on even though it's difficult. I still cry every day secretly but my biggest concern right now is how to get my mother to move on. She has remain unconsolable as every morning I could hear her cries as early as 4.00am daily. I had to be with her in her room talking to her.

Soon, I will be travelling and I am worried she may never find any reason to be happy.

I have spoken to her in my little wisdom and don't even know what else to be telling her.

I need our advice please on how better to handle this and what can be done to effectively help the situation

I lost my twin brother in 2016 after ten years of battling with Aplastic Anaemia. We were always in and out of hospital. Just keep praying for her and also remind her of God’s word. She will come out of it gradually. It is not easy but she will be fine eventually
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Randal: 2:07am On Aug 16, 2023
After this wonderful advice, I don't think there's anything else to add. You took the words right out of my mouth.

IconicR:
😭 sorry dear, just tell her that if she wants you to succeed in life and excel in whatever you are traveling for then she should stop crying and move on with her life. Tell her that's the only motivation you need from her.
Tell her that her refusal to stop crying and move on is haunting your soul and causing you depression. Tell her only a positive energy from her can help you forge ahead.
Tell her to be strong and take everything in her stride and move on with life.
Sorry for your loss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by QueenDima47(f): 2:47am On Aug 16, 2023
Take heart and may God console your family 🙏.
Talk more to your mom and make sure she sees reasons with you before you leave her🙏.
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Aremson14(m): 6:53am On Aug 16, 2023
Nothing da this life. Everyone is going to face the ripper one day, somehow this helped me when I lost someone very close to me
Take heart
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 8:11am On Aug 16, 2023
tylesh:

I lost my twin brother in 2016 after ten years of battling with Aplastic Anaemia. We were always in and out of hospital. Just keep praying for her and also remind her of God’s word. She will come out of it gradually. It is not easy but she will be fine eventually
O my God
So sorry about the experience.
I am worried how poor our health care system is. Aplastic anaemia though very deadly is also very much treatable. I don't know why those options of treatment are not explored in Nigeria
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by tofolo(m): 11:27am On Aug 16, 2023
Desusi:

Yeah, troublous world! Did l hear Dad any your brother? May God comfort you my brother. Well,God knows better.
Thanks bro, it was terrible but we coped well.
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by tylesh(f): 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2023
jogojogo:

O my God
I am worried how poor our health care system is. Aplastic anaemia though very deadly is also very much treatable. I don't know why those options of treatment are not explored in Nigeria
Thank you. Our health care system in this country is dead. Aplastic anaemia can only be treated by a bone marrow transplant which is not cheap

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by zoeymikey(f): 3:00am On Aug 17, 2023
jogojogo:
Sorry for your loss,I totally understand the kind of pain she's going through.
Let me share my own story..
My mom died 2013 and my dad died 2014 and my uncle that was taking care of us(I and my brothers) died last year February,,,,, swears it hasn't been easy,,,I cry everyday asking God questions.
Just give her sometime, she would get over it[color=#770077][/color]
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Omoawoke2(m): 1:19am On Sep 27, 2023
[
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Kajaard: 3:02am On Sep 27, 2023
IconicR:
😭 sorry dear, just tell her that if she wants you to succeed in life and excel in whatever you are traveling for then she should stop crying and move on with her life. Tell her that's the only motivation you need from her.
Tell her that her refusal to stop crying and move on is haunting your soul and causing you depression. Tell her only a positive energy from her can help you forge ahead.
Tell her to be strong and take everything in her stride and move on with life.
Sorry for your loss

You make sense sometimes (not always). This advice is good.
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by mrjojo: 5:13am On Sep 27, 2023
jogojogo:

O my God
lost my Dad to this same Aplastic anemia almost 2 years ago, still haven’t had the chance to process this. There has been an avalanche of events and happenings
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by zoeymikey(f): 7:03am On Sep 27, 2023
Omoawoke2:
dm
How should i do that?
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 6:32am On Oct 29, 2023
tylesh:

Thank you. Our health care system in this country is dead. Aplastic anaemia can only be treated by a bone marrow transplant which is not cheap

I wondered why bone marrow transplant was never recommended by the the teaching hospital in Ibadan till he passed on. Would have made attempt of see the possibilities of doing it outside the country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Newstead Makmond Boss, Evang Obue, Wife Welcome Twins After Some Years (photos) / Before you Interfere In Any Marital Scuffle. / Nigerian Couple Welcome Triplets After 13 Years Of Marriage (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.