Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving (17333 Views)

How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? / My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by harmargedon: 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2023
embarassed
Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by Akasammyoka: 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2023
Bible talk am, who value him life go lost am and who no value am go get am. Speed riders go get am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by CoronaVirusPro: 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2023
SMOGnow:
There's no danger in overspending. I've been overspending for the best part of my life.

That was what my friend Tony used to say. He is living the rest of his life on a wheelchair now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by uuzba(m): 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2023
Unless you have THIS particular car, DON NOT ever try over speeding.

1 Like

Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by seniorgozman(m): 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2023
The best advice should be take the amount of speed you can handle. Anytime anywhere I see good roads, I am ok with 140kph to 160kph

2 Likes

Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by Emusan(m): 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2023
I once made a thread on this topic which can be found HERE

One of the major problem of overspending is that Nigeria roads are designed on specific speed that is 100km/hr. So driving above such speed means you're driving against the road design that is the reason why FRSC pegs speed limit at 80km/hr
Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by lymelyte(m): 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
Edoreborn:
Accident,, accident,,hmmmmm.. Within a second,,great irreversible damage has occurred..
facts..
Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by Thugnificent(m): 4:07pm On Aug 17, 2023
SMOGnow:
There's no danger in overspending. I've been overspending for the best part of my life.
On Nigerian roads?
Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by Kendo93: 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2023
SMOGnow:
You Can Drive from Abuja To Lagos For Just 30 minutes grin

1 Like

Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by sonofElElyon: 4:11pm On Aug 17, 2023
Speed kills... kill speed !

Use my invitation code to mine ice token on ice network for free. Use this link to download the app and follow the simple prompts

ice.io/@iyanuchristian

after you download the app, iyanuchristian is invitation code.
Main net is slated for October 2024 when you can swap ice token for fiat or stable coins on exchanges
Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by redsquare(m): 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2023
PSVITA:
Good day, My fellow Nigerians. 🇳🇬
Am Emeka Rafael by name, A graduate of Social studies Education, I'm Certificated in HRM & Administrative Support (and also good in IT)

I really need your assistant for a job in Lagos, because for the pass 6 moths i have been job hunting to no avail. I can work as a Secretary, Administrative Officer, Office Assistant, Inventory Personnel, Store/ Procurement Officer.

I currently based in Lagos.

I wish my NL family can help me with any opportunity, I am ready to relocate to any part of Nigeria 🇳🇬

God Bless you all.

Can you do DSA job in a bank? Location is PH. Salary is about 115K.
Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by PSVITA(m): 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2023
redsquare:

Can you do DSA job in a bank? Location is PH. Salary is about 115K.

Yes I CAN!!!
Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by redsquare(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
PSVITA:

Yes I CAN!!!

OK, PM me.
Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by goody234: 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2023
0LA0LUWA:
Good afternoon, well-meaning Nigerians,

Please help me; I am seriously hungry. The last time I ate was yesterday afternoon, and it was my remaining garri that I drank. Please, my people, I am really sorry for begging, but it is just that I am starving to death. Please, someone should help me with something to eat, no matter the amount. I don't mind. I will always appreciate you. I am starving. I know things are very hard these days. Anything you have to spare, I would really appreciate.

I live at 25 Adeola Joshua Street, off cooperative villa road, Badore, Ajah, Lagos State.

If you live near me, please invite me for lunch; I am dying of hunger. May you never lack the good things of life. Please have mercy on me and help me.

My phone number is 0 9 0 6 6 0 4 0 6 5 2

Please help me with any amount; #600 will do a lot for me at this time.

ACCESS BANK PLC
My account number is 1 6 6 9 0 8 8 8 7 5
My name is Otukomaya Tunde Olaoluwa

I want to sell my Vivo Y1.

Price: 20k

Please buy my phone. I need to buy food. I am beginning to feel pain in my stomach.
Who you dey scam

2 Likes

Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by Samdaresd(m): 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2023
You forgot to add this: Good road.
Good road, is one of the factors people over speed too.
Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2023
Where is autojosh
Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by ajailer(m): 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
Used to enjoy speeding too but I have come to realize how silly it actually makes one look to other drivers and pedestrians too. Early this year in January, I was in a haste to get somewhere on the Island, Na so I jump enter this korope at Falomo round about o, I was the person that entered last, so it was on the collapsible seat I sat on by the sliding door (in fact there was a lady that was supposed to have taken the seat but I quickly jump enter the korope, kind of like chancing her to the seat)…. we begin move sha, driver don dey on speed n next thing I realize was that the seat I sat on collapsed under me, I wasn’t holding unto anything as one of my hand was holding my phone while the other hand that I was supposed to have used in holding on to the body was in my pocket trying to bring out my wallet to pay the t.fare….. door was not closed and my body was already tilting outside to fall on the road, within a split of a second I just decided that it will be better to jump outside and run forward till I will be able to control myself and stop….. Na so I jump out o, taking the first second step but the speed was too much n the next thing was that I was slammed on the road and found myself rolling on the Bourdillon road meanwhile a car was also coming on the second lane of the road. I started thinking of how to control myself to stop rolling and as soon as I stopped rolling like this, I quickly stood up and sat down on the side walk. I was seriously injured, bleeding and wrist fractured but I was just thanking God for bringing me out of the near death experience. Luckily for me, the car on the other lane wasn’t speeding so it was able to control itself to stop very close to me and that was how I didn’t end up being climbed on. I was able to reflect on the whole incident later that were the driver to be someone that drives the way I do, I most likely would have been dead by now or in a very bad situation. I just thank God for HIS mercies and since then, I have always been speed conscious. I dislike speeding now like kilode!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by Shedrack777: 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2023
BoldBrainz:

No dey cut corners, talk to me directly. See me here!
he said you're suffering from mental illness

1 Like

Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by lexy2014: 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:
Op mind ya self o. It is my right to overspeed as long as i no harm anyother person or spoil sumtin

Does anybody have a right to overspread?
Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by lexy2014: 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2023
Add to your points. One major reason for overspending is poor enforcement of traffic laws. With punishment, impunity on d road continues

1 Like

Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by David8107518434: 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2023
I can control speed has killed a lot
Contact me for your solar installation
Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by obinna58(m): 5:02pm On Aug 17, 2023
Thread for Benz and Lexus owners
Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by Mrfixiit: 5:22pm On Aug 17, 2023
SMOGnow:
You're ignorant
Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by mu2sa2: 5:35pm On Aug 17, 2023
The correct expression is "speeding" and not "overspeeding". How can a driver "overspeed"? - that's practically impossible.
Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by int0x80(m): 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
SMOGnow:
Spot on, I think a lot of people mistake speeding and defensive driving to reckless driving. They are two different things altogether. Speeding (of course, with your brain) has helped me to avoid quite a few road mishaps!
Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by Bluffly: 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
I speed, I do not over speed. Slugishness and directionless driving, road exit from a distance lane, and reliance on spirituality when you need to act is as worst as overspeeding.
Re: The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving by Offpoint1: 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2023
This content is written by A.I

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) / 5 Car Parts Potholes Can Damage / 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.