Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

When A Husband Is Not Providing - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Husband Is Not Providing (19328 Views)

Should She Starve Him Because He's Not Providing? / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Authur729(m): 1:34pm On Aug 15, 2023
Divorced
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by IboHausaYoruba: 1:34pm On Aug 15, 2023
Hmmn
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Bluffly: 1:35pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
Pls, it's a serious issue here. Men are wired to be in charge. That's how God made it. When you reverse it, it's against God's original plan and it doesn't always go well.
Be in charge does not mean the only financial provider. He is just the overseer

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Flame77: 1:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
Pls, it's a serious issue here. Men are wired to be in charge. That's how God made it. When you reverse it, it's against God's original plan and it doesn't always go well.
Oh we now believe in God, agree that men are to be incharge and we even now agree it's God's plan for the man to be in charge? Ok this is good news. grin grin
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by YeyeGbami: 1:37pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:

You no think say we need to rewire that plan

3 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by IamMobisola(f): 1:38pm On Aug 15, 2023
Sad story but not a new thing. What we believe or see online about marriages are lies. Many married women are the breadwinners of their home. See lots of married men in newspaper stands early in the morning, arguing and giving takes about politics. Pass by bars during the day and see same. Lots of these wives take the financial burden of the family upon their heads just to cover shame on their husbands.

But social media won’t tell you this. “Nigerian women are liabilities” is what social media will keep telling the world.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by harmargedon: 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
tongue
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Ladymillion(f): 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
Women do it too

Men should reciprocate
Really?, don't foam in your mouth like a rabid dog when you loss your respect as Head of the house . . . .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by HussenAdul: 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
Where is the man's location & profession let's help him with any available job.

4 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Bennysam: 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
Honestly things are really getting crazy with the nature of story that spring forth everyday. I was in counseling session with a woman days ago and I lack what to adviced.

What can you advise in a situation where the husband refused to go out to get a job nor engage in any form of business or do anything to provide for his home? He always complain and turn down any job suggestion from his wife, thereby watching her do all the struggles all alone?
He stays back at home and wait for what his wife's beings?
What kind of situation is this?
Are they men out there who really practice this kind of lifestyle?
What would you advise such a wife?
Is this enough reason for a woman to cheat?
She should leave that marriage before she die untimely death

2 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by ogmask: 1:42pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
Honestly things are really getting crazy with the nature of story that spring forth everyday. I was in counseling session with a woman days ago and I lack what to adviced.

What can you advise in a situation where the husband refused to go out to get a job nor engage in any form of business or do anything to provide for his home? He always complain and turn down any job suggestion from his wife, thereby watching her do all the struggles all alone?

I know say na you dey in the middle of the storm...
my advise be say look back where you dey come from and look front if you can see what lies ahead.
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Ikennaford: 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
What kinda husband is that

must he even marry in the first place if he can't provide for his family
Hey shut your trap,,, she should be happy her husband is at home waiting for her to come back home and receive some hot sessions

2 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by MrsTwrite(f): 1:48pm On Aug 15, 2023
The man na woman na. grin
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Skillsnigeria: 1:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
Hmmm, it is well
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by ednut1(m): 1:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
During dating was he not like this She should cut her losses and move on. But women in this situation will go ahead and have 4 kids with same man. Abeg

1 Like

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by BarrElChapo(m): 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:

The man has become a SAHD. The wife should go and hustle na... No biggie

As for your "is this not a reason to cheat", you ladies have the weirdest thinking faculty it amazes me.

So if a man actually provides for his family it is a reason/licence to cheat. 😂

4 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by DIVAD2000: 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:

How many organizations in the society are there to empower men unlike the economic organizations that empower women specifically.

This is one of the disadvantages

If men are empowered this issue won't be occurring

5 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Emmanuel30a: 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:

What would you advise...? Advise me too... sister Bintu...?...
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nice2023:

Let me give u am example.
There was a time my younger brothers friend followed me and he was to drop at a junction before mine.

In the course of our discussion,he told me he was planning to marry,and me being me,I advised him never to marry a woman that is not doing anything at all because the guy works in place that has great future.
I wasn't surprised he told my brother everything which he too advised him further never to try it.

Do u know this guy married a liability,I mean a non contributing wife,his income has depleted badly that,he now beg and live basically on loan,just immediately his wife gave birth.

If u go to his house,he would be begging u for money because he got it all wrong. There were girl in his level and those above his level In the office but he left there and got hooked with a liability...now his father that depends him can no longer get anything from him anymore and i heard that his father is very angry.

What a life.

This scenario you painted has sent a lot of guys to the department of high blood pressure and depression.

I can't fathom spouse wi can't generate income, for me if you want to live a baby girl life stay single.

Partnership in marriage makes things easier, no one should leave the finance stress solely for one person unless that one person can foot the bills without hurting him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Beverlyjean(f): 2:00pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:

This is part of the reason y I don't support the feminist ideology... it will male some men lazy
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Think9ja(m): 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2023
Where are the jobs?
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by crackhaus: 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:

If it's okay for women to sit back and wait for what their husbands will bring home, then I guess it's okay for men to do it too.
Let's keep things fair, shall we? cheesy

She can cheat if she wants to cheat. Is it not only to collect prick outside?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by onlyboyson(m): 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2023
When a husband is not providing because of poverty,the woman should help

5 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by oliverwrites: 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
This is how GOD wired it now because it is convenient. But when it is not you all want equal right.

Considering my own experience, I no longer pity any woman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by oliverwrites: 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
Is it the depressed/suffering women that's going to sort out the handsome pay job for him?
Besides, where are those kind of job? So many people are picking up small available job to meet up with bills
Men also get depressed and suffer. Women, Nigeria women should not be pitied at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by FireUpNow(m): 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
If the said jobless man should tell the woman to leave then go marry another man she won't accept it. OP how was the man doing before he got married to her? Some women can kill a man's zeal for life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Ashawoman82: 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
IamMobisola:
Sad story but not a new thing. What we believe or see online about marriages are lies. Many married women are the breadwinners of their home. See lots of married men in newspaper stands early in the morning, arguing and giving takes about politics. Pass by bars during the day and see same. Lots of these wives take the financial burden of the family upon their heads just to cover shame on their husbands.

But social media won’t tell you this. “Nigerian women are liabilities” is what social media will keep telling the world.
we are talking of young women not middle age women.. I agree when it comes to middle age women, they are mostly the bread winners since their old hubby cant work and doesn't have any investment.
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by grandstar(m): 2:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:

The man is sinning against God (Read 1 Tim 5:cool. It is also not a good role model for his sons.

It might be best you get separated. At best, make it a sexual relationship.

1 Like

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by tonididdy(m): 2:13pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
Women do it too

Men should reciprocate
………………………………………………………………………………….
All these ones quoting me and crying

Do you know it’s very easy for a woman to make it in this life than a man?

If women put so much efforts men put the ratio of women making it to men should be 90:10

A woman would be so relaxed and cool being a house wife of a billionaire

But few men shouldn’t relax and be a husband of a rich woman

Make una dey play the table is gradually turning

Everything is men, pay for sex, find hotel or apartment for sex, financial provision, etc

Kings lemme burst your brain

Do you know that it’s the responsibility of the brides family to pay for wedding expenses?

They’re just scamming us

That your screenshot for bottom go cause civil war for this countree
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Akalia(m): 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2023
Ladymillion:
Really?, don't foam in your mouth like a rabid dog when you loss your respect as Head of the house . . . .
Any woman that would loose respect for her husband just because he ain't able to provide due to circumstances beyond his control is an unfortunate bitch that does not deserve that man.

In Western climes men and women in marriage hustle alike and pull resources together to run a home but here in Africa everything as per pecuniary burden is on only the man's should.This is generally true with a minute exceptions here and there.

2 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Af0nja: 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
What is the eye opener is that there seems to be a huge number of those lazy men on nairaland. Leodeking and his cohorts

5 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Oyerinde16(m): 2:29pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:

I pity this situation o... But I remember when I left a good job, I became jobless yet had to provide... The available jobs were hotel, 25k teaching 25k driving Keke 35k marketing 45k I got one job as a loan marketer 60k, I resumed n left after 2weeks, I was to walk corner to corner giving and retrieving loans with interest as at when due... I heard stories of co workers not earning full salaries due to deductions, incomplete money bla bla bla... I looked at the outfit n dressing of co workers, those I was to work with, faded cloths, stiched cloths, I just left the job... I spent all my savings within 6 months no good job, I started doing bolt/Uber, this was pretty lucrative cos it was my car, I was my own boss, I worked whenever I wanted, but it wasn't really for me, it began to tell on my car, I knew what I wanted... I wanted to create a good job for myself n employ people I would pay well... But where was the capital, I kept on waiting while my wife was saying I should just take any job, all she was concerned about was just provide not minding the mental state of the man... Just provide... She wasn't working, I provided all just that it wasn't as much as when I was working ... I told her to get a job to support, she said I knew she wasnt working before I married her, so I should work n provide, she said it was the job of the husband to provide... I even became weaker...

I support what someone said up there, give the man a job with a good pay, if he refuses, then flog him, but if you can't assist him with a good job, not minding what he is going through, just shut up... Men are people's children as well someone's daughter (liability) should not come n use marriage to kill him in the name of men are wired to provide...

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Wife Arranged Armed Robbers To Rob And Kill Me... Husband Tells Court / Us-based Nigerian Couple Welcome A Set Of Triplets After 20 Years Of Marriage / How Did You Cope When You Had A Failed Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.