Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

When A Husband Is Not Providing - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Husband Is Not Providing (19320 Views)

Should She Starve Him Because He's Not Providing? / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Husband Is Not Providing by Darlingme(f): 11:25am On Aug 15, 2023
Honestly things are really getting crazy with the nature of story that spring forth everyday. I was in counseling session with a woman days ago and I lack what to adviced.

What can you advise in a situation where the husband refused to go out to get a job nor engage in any form of business or do anything to provide for his home? He always complain and turn down any job suggestion from his wife, thereby watching her do all the struggles all alone?
He stays back at home and wait for what his wife's beings?
What kind of situation is this?
Are they men out there who really practice this kind of lifestyle?
What would you advise such a wife?
Is this enough reason for a woman to cheat?

6 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Taylor90: 11:26am On Aug 15, 2023
Women do it too

Men should reciprocate
………………………………………………………………………………….
All these ones quoting me and crying

Do you know it’s very easy for a woman to make it in this life than a man?

If women put so much efforts men put the ratio of women making it to men should be 90:10

A woman would be so relaxed and cool being a house wife of a billionaire

But few men shouldn’t relax and be a husband of a rich woman

Make una dey play the table is gradually turning

Everything is men, pay for sex, find hotel or apartment for sex, financial provision, etc

Kings lemme burst your brain

Do you know that it’s the responsibility of the brides family to pay for wedding expenses?

They’re just scamming us

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Zee0007: 11:30am On Aug 15, 2023
Let them give him a job with a handsome pay check. If he rejects it, then we can conclude that he needs to be flogged.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Darlingme(f): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
Women do it too

Men should reciprocate
Pls, it's a serious issue here. Men are wired to be in charge. That's how God made it. When you reverse it, it's against God's original plan and it doesn't always go well.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Nice2023(m): 11:37am On Aug 15, 2023
I have written about this behavior here on two occasions and I am not in any way surprised at the menace currently being practised by these lazy men.

There is always a way to live in this country,during ur 20's,work like ur life depends on it. Save and invest so that,when u start having families,u can be able to sort ur family out.

Another thing that is killing most families these days is how some men like marrying liabilities as wives and feel great about it.

How can u make it when ur salary is 100k and ur wife isn't doing anything for a living,not even WAEC certificate and u come here to tell us that,the govt is not helping matters even when u have refused to help urself.

Joblessness could increase the number of lazy men out there,keep consoling them but there is no food for lazy men.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Darlingme(f): 11:37am On Aug 15, 2023
Zee0007:
Let them give him a job with a handsome pay check. If he rejects it, then we can conclude that he needs to be flogged.
Is it the depressed/suffering women that's going to sort out the handsome pay job for him?
Besides, where are those kind of job? So many people are picking up small available job to meet up with bills

8 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Darlingme(f): 11:41am On Aug 15, 2023
Nice2023:
I have written about this behavior here on two occasions and I am not in any way surprised at the menace currently being practised by these lazy men.

There is always a way to live in this country,during ur 20's,work like ur life depends on it. Save and invest so that,when u start having families,u can be able to sort ur family out.

Another thing that is killing most families these days is how some men like marring liabilities as wives and feel great about it.

How can u make it when ur salary is 100k and ur wife isn't doing anything for a living,not even WAEC certificate and u come here to tell us that,the govt is not helping matters even when u have refused to help urself.

Joblessness could increase the number of lazy men out there,keep consoling them but there is no food for lazy men.

Exactly.
And it's unfortunate, when some lazy men are previllage to marry a hard working woman, they turn the whole responsibilities on her.

14 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Wodu89: 11:46am On Aug 15, 2023
His spirit is dead inside. He needs motivation. I've met several people in this situation during my counselling sessions. The work of men is extremely hard, and it goes deeply beyond hardworking or being lazy. It goes deeper than the soul into the spirit.

What I can advice the woman is to take what he needs to him to revive his spirit.

In such a case, preachings that can revive his spirit and soul. She should be playing very good scripture based teachings at home to revive his spirit.

He's dead internally and revival can't take place if there's nothing to bring him back to life.

Ezekiel 37:13-15

If he listens to good preachings at home for sic months, he'll find his lost zeal.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Wodu89: 11:50am On Aug 15, 2023
Nice2023:

Another thing that is killing most families these days is how some men like marring liabilities as wives and feel great about it.

How forceful are right words. Please how does this edify ?

1 Like

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Nice2023(m): 11:52am On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
Exactly.
And it's unfortunate, when some lazy men are previllage to marry a hard working woman, they turn the whole responsibilities on her.

Let me give u am example.
There was a time my younger brothers friend followed me and he was to drop at a junction before mine.

In the course of our discussion,he told me he was planning to marry,and me being me,I advised him never to marry a woman that is not doing anything at all because the guy works in place that has great future.
I wasn't surprised he told my brother everything which he too advised him further never to try it.

Do u know this guy married a liability,I mean a non contributing wife,his income has depleted badly that,he now beg and live basically on loan,just immediately his wife gave birth.

If u go to his house,he would be begging u for money because he got it all wrong. There were girls in his level and those above his level In the office but he left there and got hooked with a liability...now his father that depends him can no longer get anything from him anymore and i heard that his father is very angry.

What a life.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Darlingme(f): 11:53am On Aug 15, 2023
Wodu89:
His spirit is dead inside. He needs motivation. I've met several people in this situation during my counselling sessions. The work of men is extremely hard, and it goes deeply beyond hardworking or being lazy. It goes deeper than the soul into the spirit.

What I can advice the woman is to take what he needs to him to revive his spirit.

In such a case, preachings that can revive his spirit and soul. She should be playing very good scripture based teachings at home to revive his spirit.

He's dead internally and revival can't take place if there's nothing to bring him back to life.

Ezekiel 37:13-15

If he listens to good preachings at home for sic months, he'll find his lost zeal.
Inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
I pray she have the strength to hold on till her man get revived. And I pray she don't cheat

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Darlingme(f): 11:56am On Aug 15, 2023
Nice2023:

Let me give u am example.
There was a time my younger brothers friend followed and he was to drop at a junction before mine.

In the course of our discussion,he told me he was planning to marry,and me being me,I advised him never to marry a woman that is not doing anything at all because the guy works in place thatbis great and has future.
I wasn't surprised he told my brother everything which he too advised him further never to try it.

Do u know this guy married a liability,I mean a non contributing wife,his income has depleted badly that,he now beg and live basically on loan,just immediately his wife gave birth.

If u go to his house,he would be begging u for money because he got it all wrong. There were girl in his level and those above his level In the office but left there and got hooked with liability...now his father that depend him can no longer get anything from him anymore.

What a life.
Sad. People failed to understand that when hunger begins to strick the home, love and affection from both couples depreciate.

13 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Nice2023(m): 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
Sad. People failed to understand that when hunger begins to strick the home, love and affection from both couple will depreciate.

That is why I keep telling intending couples,that love alone is not enough.

For any marriage to work...both the man and woman must play a vital part.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Darlingme(f): 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nice2023:

That is why I keep telling intending couples,that love alone is not enough.

For any marriage to work...both the man and woman must play a vital part.
Yes. Very correct

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Sharpsharp00123: 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:
Honestly things are really getting crazy with the nature of story that spring forth everyday. I was in counseling session with a woman days ago and I lack what to adviced.

What can you advise in a situation where the husband refused to go out to get a job nor engage in any form of business or do anything to provide for his home? He always complain and turn down any job suggestion from his wife, thereby watching her do all the struggles all alone?
what was the husband doing before the marriage?

Don’t tell me he wasn’t doing anything, hope he’s not all those yahoo boys who will get used to money sote when the money finish their mouth will b too wide to accept any other offer again

With how things are going now, many of these girls running after yahoo boys will cry fire in d next 10 years

Right now they have little cash, no savings, no investment, no business sense, by d time yahoo stops paying I know those wives will start looking for who to counsel them on their own stupidity

I don’t pity that woman in your story

Think of what will b d fate of any woman who intentionally marry that slawomir guy in the next 10 years when yahoo stops paying

A guy who prides in smoking all day n wasting away n many of his ilks

There’s one bros in our area in this same shoes, he was once a big baller only God knows what happened n money finish, he sold his cars n lands n cos he wasn’t the business type before dem use am take chop

The wife don resign for work cos of belle, husband can’t do 9-5 n can’t even sit down in one place dey make 5k per day cos na small money to a once big baller

Now the two of them dey at home n anytime Egbon come out u go see say bros don dey lean

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by AntiWailer: 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2023
Throw him out.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Zooposki(f): 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:

LEAVE.

1 Like

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by sirjoggy(m): 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Mnibofi(m): 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
Women are becoming breadwinners these days

5 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by patrislayqueen: 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2023
Maybe the husband is a full time gambler...He don place sure 2 odds with 5M grin

Meanwhile, GAS CARBURETOR CONVERTER is still much available... Pay on delivery.

2 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by BigBlackPreek(m): 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2023
What kinda husband is that
must he even marry in the first place if he can't provide for his family

2 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by bigdammyj: 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2023
Reading...
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by whytediamond(m): 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2023
Let the woman go and live in her father's house for a year or two. I want check something.

Story no complete.

How did they court?

How did he pay bride price?

How did he pay for the space she found him and married him?

Abi the man turn vegetable after the wedding night?

8 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by whytediamond(m): 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2023
grin
Darlingme:
Pls, it's a serious issue here. Men are wired to be in charge. That's how God made it. When you reverse it, it's against God's original plan and it doesn't always go well.
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Dshocker(m): 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:

Remove cheating from the equation, despite the man's offence, rather she should seek for divorce.

Well, for my own opinion, she should move back to her father's house, pending when the man is serious to change.

By the time the man can't feed for 2 days, he will be forced to go get a job.

4 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by koladata(m): 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2023
There's no job in the country, some men are picky when it comes to job, and they just want to use their time wisely while waiting for a better offer. If he had a job before, then you can't call him lazy, Nigeria probably happened to him. I'm sure if he was jobless from day one, the woman wouldn't have married him

once a woman feeds a man for 1 week, they start coming up with stories something a man can do for 50year without complains. ask her if he was jobless before she married him

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by bukatyne(f): 1:29pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
Women do it too

Men should reciprocate

I guess the man wants to be a useful and efficient house husband then.

Because nature abhors a useless person.

1 Like

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Burgerlomo: 1:29pm On Aug 15, 2023
Why cheat when she can jejely serve the shameless lazy ass man a hot breakfast because I don't know why a grown up man will refuse to work when there's no medical or physical conditions preventing him from working 😎

2 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by ahnie: 1:30pm On Aug 15, 2023
Let me shock you,so many women are the breadwinners of their homes.i m an example, nothing new for there.thats why I take every opportunity to jaye with my kids.
No be new thing my dear.

Since you have noticed he's like that....pls hustle hard for you and your kids,reasons why I always advise women to birth lesser number of kids.

Ensure to take good care of yourself and ball with your kids...e get why!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Philomath1212: 1:30pm On Aug 15, 2023
Darlingme:

Who wired the men grin grin grin
Only in Africa

5 Likes

Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Vladm(m): 1:32pm On Aug 15, 2023
Re: When A Husband Is Not Providing by Ikennaford: 1:33pm On Aug 15, 2023
You Nigerian women and complaining, come to the states and see black women begging men to come live with them with maximum respect from the womanoooh, you form councilor you not, you should've ask the woman if her husband ain't working and providing when she married her,,

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Did You Cope When You Had A Failed Relationship? / Please, Have You Seen This Kid? / My Wife Arranged Armed Robbers To Rob And Kill Me... Husband Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.