Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol (50228 Views)

BREAKING: Tinubu Considers Temporary Subsidy On Petrol / Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed / Peter Obi Speaks On Petrol Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Phantom233: 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
We are not astonished by you people's comment.

You were wailing and bullying people before APC primaries, Waling and bullying before general elections, Wailing , foaming in the mouth after elections.

All of you will continue to wail, foam in the mouths and develop HBP forever and ever grin grin grin

Wail on people
May God deliver you from the coven of ethic witches.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Morbeta11(m): 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
englishmart:
If competency was a crime, Tinubu would never be guilty.

Words on the marble ....
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Dafresh: 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
We are not astonished by you people's comment.

You were wailing and bullying people before APC primaries, Waling and bullying before general elections, Wailing , foaming in the mouth after elections.

All of you will continue to wail, foam in the mouths and develop HBP forever and ever grin grin grin

Wail on people
But you said removing of subsidy is good one, that we should wait for the long time benefits, you people are confused

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by lomprico(m): 6:07pm On Aug 15, 2023
Cluelessness at its peak.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Mrtaye: 6:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
jackcanfield:
I honestly don't know the way out, you remove subsidy smuggling will start, you leave subsidy the western nations would use your economy as tooth pick to remove meat ... The only problem I see here is lack of planning and strategy ...and sadly Nigerian are natural crooks... No matter how hard you try to straighten things, they will always break the checks and systems.
The solution is functioning refineries be it regular or modular refineries

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by stacyadams: 6:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
transient123:
Just yesterday, I was just thinking on my own that with the way things are going, there is no way subsidy won't be reintroduced. At least on an interim basis.

For those olodos foaming in the mouth and shouting Obi would have done it better the same way he transformed Anambra to Dubai, I really want to know what he would have done , we want to learn.

Lol u want to learn from obi,so that u and ur confused Oga will copy and paste as usual .... grin

During Jonathan...una shout subsidy is scam

June 2023 una shout subsidy otilo..

August una wan re consider subsidy grin

Who do una this tin sef cheesy
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by bjdon: 6:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
festacman:
The good thing about eating one's words is that it doesn't make one fat.

However, this new development even if it is being considered is a red flag that President Tinubu is not as prepared for governance as he campaigned. Unfortunately, not appearing for media interactions or debate didn't help. That President Tinubu knew he would implement the removal of subsidy and floating of Naira soon after inauguration but had no plans to manage the consequences of the these major policy shift paints a scary picture about his future policies.

My suggestion is that Tinubu could go on and appoint Wale Edun the Finance minister as well as appoint his President Economic Team. However, he should he headhunt for some young hothead economists and financial experts and place them under his office to serve as his thinktank in brainstorming on policies, creating scenarios, doing risk-benefit analyses, SWOT Analysis, etc to give the big picture advantage. We need practical ideas from thinking out of box here rather than some textbooks stuff.

How on earth is value of Naira is falling and the CBN is speaking grammar. How about rolling about plans to encourage the local production and export to cure our trade deficits.

Is it not a disgrace that almost 3 months after being sworn in, we still do not have ministers in place. For goodness sake the election was in Feb, and here we are with no Finance minister, No Energy Minister...

The issue is no really about having even more economists. Nigeria's problem are so easy even a 100 level student could solve them.
Set up a presidential task force on the rehabilitation and management of the 4 refineries, with a time scale for them all to be fully operational in 12 months. Quarterly progress reports to be made public. Task force reports directly to the president

Totally deregulate the power sector. Govts only role in power should be regulatory. Allow private sector players build and manage power, transmission and distribution segments.

Declare a law that Forex can only be purchased and sold at licensed approved venues (Banks,BDC). Anyone caught illegally buying or selling forex faces a 21 year sentence for economic sabotage. No sane country tolerates a 'Black Market' for Forex.

These are just for starters. Any govt that is not doing this or a version of this is just another scam, that Nigerians should not take seriously.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Willie2015: 6:10pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jomonix:

Temporary subsidy on petroleum is not the way to go. Government should try and sanitize the purchase and supply chain associated with the diesel and PMS business. The inherent corruption should be addressed

The sane question is...

How do you address the inherent corruption ?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by ogastone(m): 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
Is it not better to hand-back to the former leader than to go back to subsidy.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Abagworo(m): 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
You be capital Olodo. This news is not confirmed yet. However, let's even assume it is confirmed.

Where in the world is it wrong for you to make a policy which is targeted at helping the economy and then reverse or modify the policy when the outcome of the policy has certain serious effects.

What then is Emefiele's offence? Attempt to curb inflation through cashless policy and reduced cash circulation which failed because we lacked the needed infrastructure or possibly sabotaged . Since we are all bound to make unforseen mistakes why persecute others?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by izubext007: 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2023
mumu man
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by leokid866: 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2023
maasoap:

The same excuse that was used to get subsidy removed. Now subsidy was removed and economy is going haywire due hyper inflation and you're still blaming the same imaginary subsidy cabals
you're right we should continue to pay for other nations to have cheap fuel......Reason for the high inflation is part covid, part Russia war, part speculation in the forex market.....if we intervene in the FX market it could bring things down but a return to subsidy is a no.....no

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by allthingsgood: 6:13pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

This further proves that this man is empty

He never had plans at first

If he had plans he won’t rush to make that announcement

Na overhyping kill Ebola

Master strategist, first class accounting graduate from Chicago, a man with track records, he built Lagos yen yen yen

Just watch the same miscreants that was shouting subsidy is gone for good will align with subsidy extension now

Confused leader and his brainwashed minions

He heard Obi talking about subsidy removal you didn’t even ask Obi how and what plans

He just copied and paste Obi’s words

INEC carry mandate sell give person wey him peniss no dey stand to rule a whole me

Omo

Na only insult de your mouth, no solution.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by leokid866: 6:14pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

Na overhyping kill Ebola

Master strategist, first class accounting graduate from Chicago, a man with track records, he built Lagos yen yen yen

Just watch the same miscreants that was shouting subsidy is gone for good will align with subsidy extension now

He heard Obi talking about subsidy removal you didn’t even ask Obi how and what plans

INEC carry mandate sell give person wey him peniss no dey stand to rule a whole me

Omo
Oga calm down Buhari had already made plans to take subsidy off since January, there was no allocation for it past July in our budget.....so dey calm down dey read before you start dey run your mouth....

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by allthingsgood: 6:14pm On Aug 15, 2023
Abagworo:

What then is Emefiele's offence? Attempt to curb inflation through cashless policy and reduced cash circulation which failed because we lacked the needed infrastructure or possibly sabotaged . Since we are all bound to make unforseen mistakes why persecute others?

Go and read the charges

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by leokid866: 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2023
Racoon:
Another policy somersault by the overhyped economic illiterate. Tinubu is just reactionary and itchy but have zilch knowledge of how the dynamics of subsidy works

Administering a country with multi-complex problems especially self induced by the clueless, and catastrophic APC government in Nigeria is not by sniffing cocaine and heroin or by a balabloo-blu-bulava mentality.
lol.....subsidy was introduced under Obj a pdp government.....
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by GboyegaD(m): 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2023
festacman:

However, this new development even if it is being considered is a red flag that President Tinubu is not as prepared for governance as he campaigned. Unfortunately, not appearing for media interactions or debate didn't help. That President Tinubu knew he would implement the removal of subsidy and floating of Naira soon after inauguration but had no plans to manage the consequences of the these major policy shift paints a scary picture about his future policies.

My suggestion is that Tinubu could go on and appoint Wale Edun the Finance minister as well as appoint his President Economic Team. However, he should he headhunt for some young hothead economists and financial experts and place them under his office to serve as his thinktank in brainstorming on policies, creating scenarios, doing risk-benefit analyses, SWOT Analysis, etc to give the big picture advantage. We need practical ideas from thinking out of box here rather than some textbooks stuff.

How on earth is value of Naira is falling and the CBN is speaking grammar. How about rolling about plans to encourage the local production and export to cure our trade deficits.

No vex, did Tinubu campaign? If he wasn't dancing, he was abusing his opponents. Is that what counts as campaign?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by jegaxe(m): 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2023
Lolz. Confused
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by fineboynl(m): 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2023
Many Nigerians are japing out pf the country in surges. It will increases demands for usd.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by chaloskyx: 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2023
a typical case of one step forward 2 steps backward and you guys claim to have a leader i feel sorry for you Nigerians
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Mrtaye: 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2023
Triangles1:

Because he's more qualified than any other candidates.

I hope I answered your question right.
Then he shouldn't have removed the subsidy without doing proper homework only to want to go back to subsidy after things don spoil

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by NaughtyBrainiac: 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2023
Dafresh:

But you said removing of subsidy is good one, that we should wait for the long time benefits, you people are confused
Yes and Yes. We still stand by that.

If the GCFR sees that a policy needs ro be modified or reversed for sometime due to some outcomes, it is absolutely right.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Eriokanmi: 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

Na overhyping kill Ebola

Omo
Tinubu is such a visionless leader and a power grabber. You see, talk is cheap. Don't criticise people in the aurhitory when you're not opportune to be there yet.

There was no name thiis man didn't call Jonathan when he partially removed subsidy back then, after he had already provided some palliatives in place oo. When they sent lagos palliatives, he asked fashola to reject them. But after Jonathan said he'd retrieve all of them, including those sure-p buses, he now asked Fashola to accept them.

Same happened when Jonathan constituted a confab for constitutional review. He refused to allow fashola send delegates to abuja from .lagos but when Jonathan said its either lagos position is left vacant at confab or he nominates people from lagos state from among the pdp members himself, he now succumbed.

Shey he's gotten the power now. We can see the Mr lagos wonder, performing. When I told his blind supporters that lagos had always been progressive, since the 80s, they took a swipe at me, saying its Tinubu who developed lagos, when I was very much around at the time pa jakande opened up lekki, up to epe and built an estate at lekki called jakande Estate. Where was Tinubu in those years? Where was he when buba marwa, Mr workaholic himself was governor in lagos? How he came and took all their glory, just because he needed to fulfil his lifetime ambition is baffling.

Angola partially removed the subsidy after they heard Nigeria did so, instead of fully removing it. Angola had already gotten palliatives in place, enough to cushion the effect of the subsidy before they partially removed subsidy. That's a country who looks after their people, those who truly understand that, democracy is for the people and not for a few. Dollar almost hit 1,000 naira today, no thanks to their stupid policy.

Someone should tell him that lagos where he propagates propaganda and always gets away with it isn't Nigeria. You can get away with it in lagos, but not with the entire country

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by stormborn28(m): 6:17pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
You be capital Olodo. This news is not confirmed yet. However, let's even assume it is confirmed.

Where in the world is it wrong for you to make a policy which is targeted at helping the economy and then reverse or modify the policy when the outcome of the policy has certain serious effects.

This is the kind of man we want to lead us as a Nation. A Leader that wants the best for the Nation
A Leader that can make bold positive moves
A Leader that can quickly assess the impact of his policies and seek ways to make things better
A Leader that listens

I have said over and over that the problem we have in Nigeria is not anyone's mate. And Tinubu is the man that can at least build the foundation for a better Nigeria. I have always maintained the stand that some policies might be reversed and some modified depending on outcomes.

Not one Liar, Pretender and Olodo that came on live TV to say that there is nothing bad in not building infrastructure for 8 years as Governor. That Guy and the people that follow him sheepishly annoy me to the bones. How can a people be so gullible.

This one dey lick Tinubu anus..see rubbish wet e write

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by zikter(m): 6:17pm On Aug 15, 2023
obinnanelson04:
I believe that those who benefited from the subsidy regime are holding this nation to ransom.
Please who are they that are above the government? Does it mean the government is so incompetent it can not deal with the so called criminally corrupt people who benefited from the subsidy regime? Anytime this reasoning is followed, I only perceived gross failure from the president and government

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by NaughtyBrainiac: 6:17pm On Aug 15, 2023
YouAreNobody:

ok nah, keep "complaining" about hardship while your senators share billions. Just imagine the analogy you're using to justify your crass stupidity. A so-called president doing trial-and-error while fools hail him. useless bunch

Admit the fact that you're supporting ebola because he's your tribesman, then we'll find a way to cure you of your foolishness.

Anyways wetin concern me, na una dey suffer am
Again, you and your lots are empty and gullible.

What do I expect from people that claim 25% in FCT is a mandatory requirement.
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by Draslo(m): 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
Taylor90:
E don choke the werey

Na overhyping kill Ebola

Omo
You're just a kid

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by zikter(m): 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Are the subsidy cabal going to win..
Please who are the cabal?
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by kingyakos: 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:

This is the kind of man we want to lead us as a Nation. A Leader that wants the best for the Nation
A Leader that can make bold positive moves
A Leader that can quickly assess the impact of his policies and seek ways to make things better
A Leader that listens

I have said over and over that the problem we have in Nigeria is not anyone's mate. And Tinubu is the man that can at least build the foundation for a better Nigeria. I have always maintained the stand that some policies might be reversed and some modified depending on outcomes.

Not one Liar, Pretender and Olodo that came on live TV to say that there is nothing bad in not building infrastructure for 8 years as Governor. That Guy and the people that follow him sheepishly annoy me to the bones. How can a people be so gullible.

U are very stupid, can someone stands alone and make a policy for a population of millions and hope it's gonna stand?...
No economic team
No executive
No advisers
U be gyroscope ode

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by leokid866: 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
festacman:

lol when the CBN rolled out plans to stimulate local production for 8 years under Buhari, how many of you paid back your loans? What did you do when Emefiele was begging everyone to pay back their loans or at least do what you were given the money for? Oga sit down I beg.....
Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by NaughtyBrainiac: 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
stormborn28:

This one dey lick Tinubu anus..see rubbish wet e write
Tinubu's Anus is 100 times better than the Brain of a Man who came on live TV to say there is nothing wrong in not building infrastructure for 8 years as a Governor.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol by PepeXKermit: 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2023
maasoap:

Price will definitely come down. But price may not come down if his plan is to avoid another increment in price but just to make the price remain where it is currently which N600.

No, it won't be worse. But it will be worse if the prices (of petrol and diesel) are allowed to soar further.

It seems you do not live in nigeria. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Arrives Sokoto To Support Atiku For Campaign. Photos / Couple Wear IPOB Attire At Their Wedding In Owerri (Photos) / Offa Bank Robbery: What Suspects Said To Implicate Saraki – Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.