Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? (24845 Views)

The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? / What’s The Most Useless Fact You Know? Pictures Attached / What Is The Most Useless Subject You Studied In Your Undergraduate Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 16, 2023
Certificate Of Nigerian Citizenship.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Way4orward: 10:39am On Aug 16, 2023
Junior waec
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by timisquare82(m): 10:40am On Aug 16, 2023
The certificate of attendance I got from GNLD seminar

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by sylve11: 10:40am On Aug 16, 2023
BigYash:
@ the bolded. The way police go beat you,beat the certificate join en. grin

now you see why the guy said the certificate is useless...... grin grin grin cool

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by itzwell(f): 10:41am On Aug 16, 2023
Please, how useful are HSE, HRM, CRSM and all those other certificates gotten during NYSC?
Before I go use money wey I no get pay o
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Trill1(m): 10:41am On Aug 16, 2023
Junior WAEC grin
Go Solar Now ‼️
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by NairalandSARS: 10:42am On Aug 16, 2023
Junior waec. After packing 11A's (best result, senior prefect I no see.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by prophetfire: 10:42am On Aug 16, 2023
MySexyMoni:
Some would say Marriage certificate
Yesoo.
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Julimessrodry: 10:42am On Aug 16, 2023
Junior waec. I ain't even have the certificate.
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by SamSara01: 10:43am On Aug 16, 2023
Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN). Not a single value added since the 9 years I've acquired the certificate

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Kolenda(m): 10:43am On Aug 16, 2023
YaksonFCA:
Nigerian Institute of Management (CHARTERED) membership certificate. It is as useless as that P in Psychology
Why do you say so?
I just wrote their last exams and awaiting the certificate? 😁
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by DelphiOracle(m): 10:43am On Aug 16, 2023
Oyindamolah:
NIM
Our MBBS is just the primary qualification required...to move up the ladder there you need to enroll in many of their own certified programs.
And bear in mind that MBBS took 6-8yrs of someone life to obtain.

One thing about IT is its strictly by skill or know-how, not by degree. You can see a skilled developer that can hack the backend of a website with just SSCE cert.

Interesting.

Likewise, if a foreign trained doctor (regardless of the country) wants to practice in Nigeria, they'd need to pass some Nigerian exams as well. That's the standard in most countries. As for IT; yes, it's skill based but many Nigerians got into that field by studying Computer Science or Engineering. The school might not have given them all the skills they need to thrive in the IT world but the degree was an eye opener for them; it gave them the foundation. Many people have moved to Canada and France with their French language degrees. A lot of people from that same Nigeria are working as professionals outside the country with thier Nigerian degrees.

My point is, individual experiences differ. Your university degree might not be useful to you (not necessarily your fault), but that doesn't make universities degrees generally useless. It gives some people the foundation to build on. The issue is when you expect that having one should automatically make life easier for you. Well, that's not the case even in the Western world. While Schools in the West are obviously far better than what you have in Nigeria, the students still succeed by self development. The schools mostly provide the enabling environment for them.

I know education is not so great in Nigeria, but those who couldn't make anything out of the little the system can offer should not discourage those who are willing to give it a go. A hungry man does not reject a plate of food cause it's not big enough to satisfy him. Unless you have plans of studying abroad, it would be shameful not to strive for a degree on the grounds that it's not good enough.

Just an opinion.
well said
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by easzypeaszy(m): 10:44am On Aug 16, 2023
NIM,
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by easzypeaszy(m): 10:44am On Aug 16, 2023
Kolenda:

Why do you say so?
hahahahahahahahaha go collect ur money 😁😁😁 I wasted 6mnths
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by YoungLionken(m): 10:45am On Aug 16, 2023
No certificate is a waste...
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by squash47(m): 10:51am On Aug 16, 2023
Vinnie2000:

See you. 😏

You can Present it @ a Job Interview, that you are a Very Disciplined and Morally concious person. πŸ™‚
like say If u see opportunity to thief for office, u no go thief πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Kolenda(m): 10:52am On Aug 16, 2023
easzypeaszy:
hahahahahahahahaha go collect ur money 😁😁😁 I wasted 6mnths
Well I don't want to believe it will be a waste. I believe it will be an added advantage.
I've already written the exams anyway
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Banhammy717: 10:52am On Aug 16, 2023
JSS 3 junior WAEC result.
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by plumule(m): 10:52am On Aug 16, 2023
Afrihub
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by squash47(m): 10:53am On Aug 16, 2023
itzwell:
Please, how useful are HSE, HRM, CRSM and all those other certificates gotten during NYSC?
they're useful especially that HSE. If u can afford it, acquire it.
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by MN07: 10:54am On Aug 16, 2023
Kolenda:

Why do you say so?

Wahala LoL πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Savechild23: 10:54am On Aug 16, 2023
Certified Tinubu loyalist
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by SemperFid: 10:55am On Aug 16, 2023
Neco
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by ochiosa(m): 10:56am On Aug 16, 2023
squash47:
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ that certificate will never be useful. I had it in 2016 when I was in 100 level, one lawyer and his crew posing as human rights activists, used it to inspire self confidence in us. Telling us to present it anytime police arrests or harrases us. πŸ˜‚
Now, u be the judge, will the certificate ever be useful?
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ That na real 419 πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Ashirioluwa: 10:57am On Aug 16, 2023
squash47:
Mine is one seminar I paid N500 to attend. Till now I don't know the usefulness of that certificate.

The usefulness is that the junior WAEC is used to promote students from junior secondary / middle school to secondary / high school

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Vintiana: 10:57am On Aug 16, 2023
All these HSE and HRM I did during NYSC.
They gave me a bunch of certificates that is just occurring space in my box.
Am still hoping there would be a day I will need it na why I never burn am be that.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:57am On Aug 16, 2023
itzwell:
Without connection πŸ˜žπŸ˜“πŸ˜“
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by zhirkovrado(m): 10:59am On Aug 16, 2023
My BECE certificate and My NABTEP modular examinations certificate I obtained why in JSS 3. Omo that NABTEB certificate is very useless to the core. I got a distinction in Data processing from the certificate but still don't know what that means uptill now. One other thing that makes me angry with the paper is the portion where it is written, " This is not a certificate" embarassed grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Hoorlar(m): 11:00am On Aug 16, 2023
essentialone:
What is the most useless certificate you have ever gotten?

I am yet to get a job with my BSc but my waec result is currently paying my bills What an irony
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by solacong: 11:01am On Aug 16, 2023
HSE 1 and 2 for NYSC
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by squash47(m): 11:03am On Aug 16, 2023
ochiosa:
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ That na real 419 πŸ˜‚
they knew we were young and ignorant then. And that time, things like that were trending. Not now that Forex and BTC are trending.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funaab Sug President Was Beaten And Harrased By The Nigerian Police / FCFMT Victoria-Island Lagos Dirty Hostel (Photos) / Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.