Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? (24912 Views)

What Are The Most Useless Courses In Nigeria? / The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? / What Is The Most Useless Subject You Studied In Your Undergraduate Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by lildush(m): 12:23pm On Aug 16, 2023
The last Youwin program that buhari refused to pay.. it's a very useless piece of paper
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Allisgud: 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2023
Johnn44:
[/color]
grin
wetin pain me be say before I reach Dem don finish all the jollof rice
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Johnn44: 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2023
Allisgud:
wetin pain me be say before I reach Dem don finish all the jollof rice
grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Hassanmaye(m): 12:37pm On Aug 16, 2023
essentialone:
What is the most useless certificate you have ever gotten?
Junior waec
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by AzeezAngela: 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2023
BigYash:
@ the bolded. The way police go beat you,beat the certificate join en. grin
😂😂😂
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by PraiseDLord: 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2023
NIM
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Nicoddemus(m): 12:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
BSc sad
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by imoh4king(m): 12:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
NYSC
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by alhajiabdulbuha: 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2023
NIIT project Management Professional certificate
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Chetas81(m): 1:01pm On Aug 16, 2023
You mean our fellow useless brothers given useless certificate to their fellow citizens
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by timisquare82(m): 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2023
plumule post=1i25145931:
Afrihub
Did you graduate from UNN?
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Joeyfizzo: 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2023
NOUN certificate...tho not for me. .... They claim studies is top notch there....I don't know why dey don't employ them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Dshocker(m): 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2023
squash47:
😂😂 that certificate will never be useful. I had it in 2016 when I was in 100 level, one lawyer and his crew posing as human rights activists, used it to inspire self confidence in us. Telling us to present it anytime police arrests or harrases us. 😂
Now, u be the judge, will the certificate ever be useful?

Omo dem really scam una 🤣🤣🤣

Even lawyers dey fear for SARS office, the way wey police go take brutal you with that certificate..... SMH.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Timigeofrey(m): 1:21pm On Aug 16, 2023
Product management certificate from entryLevel, Aviation security training certificate, diploma in security management certificate, fire incidence responsiveness and first aid training certificate...
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by ayandee: 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2023
Oyindamolah:
NIM
Our MBBS is just the primary qualification required...to move up the ladder there you need to enroll in many of their own certified programs.
And bear in mind that MBBS took 6-8yrs of someone life to obtain.

One thing about IT is its strictly by skill or know-how, not by degree. You can see a skilled developer that can hack the backend of a website with just SSCE cert.

Interesting.

Likewise, if a foreign trained doctor (regardless of the country) wants to practice in Nigeria, they'd need to pass some Nigerian exams as well. That's the standard in most countries. As for IT; yes, it's skill based but many Nigerians got into that field by studying Computer Science or Engineering. The school might not have given them all the skills they need to thrive in the IT world but the degree was an eye opener for them; it gave them the foundation. Many people have moved to Canada and France with their French language degrees. A lot of people from that same Nigeria are working as professionals outside the country with thier Nigerian degrees.

My point is, individual experiences differ. Your university degree might not be useful to you (not necessarily your fault), but that doesn't make universities degrees generally useless. It gives some people the foundation to build on. The issue is when you expect that having one should automatically make life easier for you. Well, that's not the case even in the Western world. While Schools in the West are obviously far better than what you have in Nigeria, the students still succeed by self development. The schools mostly provide the enabling environment for them.

I know education is not so great in Nigeria, but those who couldn't make anything out of the little the system can offer should not discourage those who are willing to give it a go. A hungry man does not reject a plate of food cause it's not big enough to satisfy him. Unless you have plans of studying abroad, it would be shameful not to strive for a degree on the grounds that it's not good enough.

Just an opinion.

You are right. A university degree simply means you are diligent enough to show up in a university consistently for 4 or 5 years. It tells the employer that you will show up consistently for work. Degrees are based on a gradient. A first class means you have the ability to be thorough and committed. A 2.1 means you will always put in your best efforts. A 2.2 means you can be trained.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Oyindamolah: 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2023
kiss
ayandee:

You are right. A university degree simply means you are diligent enough to show up in a university consistently for 4 or 5 years. It tells the employer that you will show up consistently for work. Degrees are based on a gradient. A first class means you have the ability to be thorough and committed. A 2.1 means you will always put in your best efforts. A 2.2 means you can be trained.

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Hoorlar(m): 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2023
MISTAICEY02288:

How if I may ask?

I got a job with my waec result then I got promoted
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 16, 2023
essentialone:
What is the most useless certificate you have ever gotten?

It has to be Certificate of Olosho.

Anyway, on a serious note, the most useless certificate I've is the World Bible Certificate from USA and HIV/AIDS Peer Educator's Cert. from CDS during NYSC.

I guess Buhari's NEPA Certificate is the most useful than all certificates in Nigeria, right?
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by plumule(m): 1:41pm On Aug 16, 2023
timisquare82:

Did you graduate from UNN?
Yes
Geology to be precise
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by scholes23(m): 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2023
NIN
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by okewumi: 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2023
IPMP.

They scope me to acquire the certificate adter NYSC. It is nonsence
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Hermaphrodite2: 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2023
Oyindamolah:
kiss
What about 3rd class and pass

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by panpan(m): 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2023
The Junior Secondary Certificate Examination (JSCE) should be scrapped. It is a waste of time and resources. The certificate is neither accepted for employment nor used for admission to tertiary institutions.

It is not necessary to use Junior Secondary School (JSS) Certificate Examination to "sort out" students. Each student should choose the subjects he/she is interested in at the senior level.

A student may not do well in a particular subject in JS3, but may show remarkable improvement the next academic year.
Examinations for JS3 should be internal.
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by timisquare82(m): 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2023
plumule:

Yes
Geology to be precise
Mine is physics and astronomy, 2007
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2023
Hoorlar:

I got a job with my waec result then I got promoted

Wow. Congrats on that. But I guess it's a Federal Government job right?
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by plumule(m): 1:57pm On Aug 16, 2023
timisquare82:

Mine is physics and astronomy, 2007
2018, great lion and lioness
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by tnerro1(m): 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2023
Certificate of participation at a debate event
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Georgejeez: 2:15pm On Aug 16, 2023
Tenshades:

My 10k entered bush on useless Safety course during NYSC.

Dog eat dog world.

I dodged this angry grin

Imagine entering a Fire Safety course CDS and charged 10k for materials .

Immediately I switch go another CDS .
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by essentialone(m): 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2023
INEC Certificate of Return that was presented to Governor Emeka Ihedioha of Imo State
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Tenshades(m): 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2023
Georgejeez:

I dodged this angry grin

Imagine entering a Fire Safety course CDS and charged 10k for materials .

Immediately I switch go another CDS .

Omo, I challenged the tutor that year when I got pissed.

He kept on bragging about how solid the certificate was. I asked him for details about his company; website included but he couldn't provide any traceable and reasonable evidence. That was when we realized we have been scammed.

PTSD right now cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COVID-19: 181 Students, Staff Test Positive In Private Boarding School - Abayomi / Shortlisted For Nnpc/chevron Jv Scholarship / Stay Away From Campus: Again, UNICAL Suspends Prof Ndifon Over Sexual Assault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.