Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Are Christians Cowards? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christians Cowards? (679 Views)

Just 2% Of Israel's Population Are Christians (What Then Is The Largest Religion / Why Are Christians Quick To Jump On Muslims Threads To Criticise? / Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Christians Cowards? by thinkmoney(m): 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2023
-Mobs burn Christian churches in Pakistan after blasphemy allegations.

-Hindus killed Muslims in India.

-Imams in Ilorin say traditionalists should go practice their religion elsewhere.

Where do you ever hear Christians as a group persecuting others? Is it that Christians are cowards?
Christians are not cowards. In fact, they are politically and economically the most powerful people in the world. It’s just that if truth most be told, something in Christians have conditioned them to tolerate people more than others.
We should start asking ourselves critical questions and start telling ourselves the truth.
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2023
No,christians are just stupid

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Cowards? by thinkmoney(m): 4:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
zangaozanga:
I do not agree
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2023
thinkmoney:

-Imams in Ilorin say traditionalists should go practice their religion elsewhere.

Where do you ever hear Christians as a group persecuting others? Is it that Christians are cowards?
Christians are not cowards. In fact, they are politically and economically the most powerful people in the world. It’s just that if truth most be told, something in Christians have conditioned them to tolerate people more than others.
We should start asking ourselves critical questions and start telling ourselves the truth.

Nope.

It is simply that we fear God more and we know that God must punish every guilty soul, even if His judgment is takes time like Egypt"s own.
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2023
zangaozanga:

You are the one who is stupid in that you do not know that the worst thing you can do to yourself is to harm an innocent man like Cain did.

God would just be packing and loading your punishment.
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You are the one who is stupid in that you do not know that the worst thing you can do to yourself is to harm an innocent man like Cain did.

God would just be packing and loading your punishment.
i beg which innocent man i harm? your sky daddy will punish me for telling you the truth,i don't care what your sky daddy will do because i don't believe in him.
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:13pm On Aug 16, 2023
zangaozanga:
i beg which innocent man i harm? your sky daddy will punish me for telling you the truth,i don't care what your sky daddy will do because i don't believe in him.

Exactly like saying you don't care what arny chief would do whether you believe in him or not.

And see how stupid you are in not knowing Who you harmed. You shall live and die in frustration and whenever you lament, you shall remember that this is day you cursed God and started to die!
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Exactly like saying you don't care what arny chief would do whether you believe in him or not.

And see how stupid you are in not knowing Who you harmed. You shall live and die in frustration and whenever you lament, you shall remember this day.
it seems stupidity runs in your generation,i don't care about you and your stupid god,you are a certified idiotic fool that can't tell your right from your left,make you and sky daddy go sit down for one place i beg.
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:07pm On Aug 16, 2023
Christian means someone whose thoughts and actions can't be determined by things seen because the man called Christ never allowed what people think, say or does affect his judgment {Isaiah 11:3} so unlike imperfect humans whose line of action could be predicted through what is visible Christ judge according to what is found in the heart!

So his disciples (Christians) can't be compelled to act negatively to what their leader taught them:

“Look! I am sending you out as sheep among wolves; so prove yourselves cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves" Matthew 10:16

“But I say to you who are listening: Continue to love your enemies, to do good to those hating you, to bless those cursing you, to pray for those who are insulting you" Luke 6:27-28

CHRISTIANS have a constitution and it's from the founder of the group {Matthew 28:20} whoever goes contrary to this construction will be condemned by their leader as a worker of LAWLESSNESS! Matthew 7:21-23 smiley

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Cowards? by cococandy(f): 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2023
Christian nationalists in America persecute others

thinkmoney:

Re: Are Christians Cowards? by thinkmoney(m): 6:20pm On Aug 16, 2023
cococandy:
Christian nationalists in America persecute others

I see the point you are trying to make. Whatever America and other Europeans do to other nations, they do not do it in the name of religion. They do it for nationalism. That’s why you see America bombed Serbia, another Christian country. You see them persecute as it were Venezuela.
On the other hand, those examples I presented and the many other terrorist groups do what they do in the name of religion
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by cococandy(f): 7:12pm On Aug 16, 2023
thinkmoney:

I see the point you are trying to make. Whatever America and other Europeans do to other nations, they do not do it in the name of religion. They do it for nationalism. That’s why you see America bombed Serbia, another Christian country. You see them persecute as it were Venezuela.
On the other hand, those examples I presented and the many other terrorist groups do what they do in the name of religion

I’m not trying to make a point. I am making a point.
White Christian nationalists are just as terroristic as other terrorists. Maybe they are not setting up camera and slitting throats while chanting the name of God but they have no qualms about making sure other religions are suppressed. Even violently too if they have to.

America bombing Serbia is not a feature of this conversation because you are talking about America as a country not a religious body. White Christians nationalists are a subset of America. They do not represent all of America. (Although they would love to).

White Christian nationalists attack and persecute others for their religious beliefs. I think the reason why African Christians feel offended when these nationalists are talked about is because they imagine it’s their them and Christian mothers who are hustling for their own salvation and praying for their children that are being talked about. It’s way deeper than that. These people are not your brethren. They do not identify with you and an attack on them isn’t an attack on you.
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2023
cococandy:

White Christian nationalists are just as terroristic as other terrorists.

“Look! I am sending you out as sheep among wolves; so prove yourselves cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves" Matthew 10:16

“But I say to you who are listening: Continue to love your enemies, to do good to those hating you, to bless those cursing you, to pray for those who are insulting you" Luke 6:27-28

Do you think those TERRORIZING others are REAL followers of the man who said the above?
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:34pm On Aug 16, 2023
zangaozanga:
it seems stupidity runs in your generation,i don't care about you and your stupid god,you are a certified idiotic fool that can't tell your right from your left,make you and sky daddy go sit down for one place i beg.

Says the stupid one whose generation are the most stupid people the world has never seen as they have confessed. And you are so stupid not to see the signs that it is your generation that the world is slowly destroying with sufferings, depression, failures and deaths such that you people are growing gray hair ftom 30. You are finished already.
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2023
cococandy:

White Christian nationalists are just as terroristic as other terrorists. Maybe they are not setting up camera and slitting throats while chanting the name of God but they have no qualms about making sure other religions are suppressed. Even violently too if they have to.

America bombing Serbia is not a feature of this conversation because you are talking about America as a country not a religious body. White Christians nationalists are a subset of America. They do not represent all of America. (Although they would love to).

White Christian nationalists attack and persecute others for their religious beliefs. I think the reason why African Christians feel offended when these nationalists are talked about is because they imagine it’s their them and Christian mothers who are hustling for their own salvation and praying for their children that are being talked about. It’s way deeper than that. These people are not your brethren. They do not identify with you and an attack on them isn’t an attack on you.

Then these are not Christians. These are bible carrying jihadists.
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Says the stupid one whose generation are the most stupid people the world has never seen as they have confessed. And you are so stupid not to see the signs that it is your generation that the world is slowly destroying with sufferings, depression, failures and deaths such that you people are growing gray hair ftom 30. You are finished already.
you are obviously a bastard, your olosho of a mother must have gotten you from one of those baby factory,I mean a foolish bastard
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2023
thinkmoney:

Shh...
Christians should never be described as the most powerful in today's political/economic affairs
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2023
zangaozanga:
you are obviously a bastard, your olosho of a mother must have gotten you from one of those baby factory,I mean a foolish bastard

Says the bleating bastard who his olosho mother picked from the dustbin because you were even discarded as useless and unprofitable by baby factories and orphanages. Even the govt would have pretended they did not see if you were used for experiment. You can't even be used for rituals. Proof of your failure and present and future uselessness. Fungus
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2023
preciousee17:

Shh...
Christians should never be described as the most powerful in today's political/economic affairs

This is very correct because according to Jesus his disciples are no part of the world {John 17:14} so politically his disciples are dead as they have no part to play in the political affairs of this world. Romans 6:11
WHY?
Their own government is coming to destroy all the existing governments today {Daniel 2:44} that's why they are praying for the Kingdom of their God to come {Matthew 6:10} because it's then righteousness that they treasure will be here {2Peter 3:13} but as for now the evil one is in charge of the world's affairs! 1John 5:19

2 Likes

Re: Are Christians Cowards? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Says the bleating bastard who his olosho mother picked from the dustbin because you were even discarded as useless and unprofitable by baby factories and orphanages. Even the govt would have pretended they did not see if you were used for experiment. You can't even be used for rituals. Proof of your failure and present and future uselessness
baby factory bastard, its seems your cheap olosho of a mother didn't give you your psychiatric medication's today, madness have finally finish your psychiatric life,ode
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:01pm On Aug 16, 2023
zangaozanga:
baby factory bastard, its seems your cheap olosho of a mother didn't give you your psychiatric medication's today, madness have finally finish your psychiatric life,ode

Says the mad drug fed failure who his olosho mother rejected and threw in the dustbin. Your madness is obviously working. Useless universal failure. Gray haired at 30, died at at 30 and 2 months.
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by cococandy(f): 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Then these are not Christians. These are bible carrying jihadists.

Okay but it’s the same way Islamic terrorists are not Muslims. Because we generalize and call Muslims terrorists meanwhile it’s a subset of them who are that way. Our excuse being than if these people do not represent them, then they need to be more vocal in denouncing them.

Christians need to be more vocal in denouncing Christian nationalism or non Christians are going to lump us together. For some people perception is reality. They are not Christian so they don’t know the real teaching of Christianity but what they see Christians do is what informs their perception of what Christianity means

1 Like

Re: Are Christians Cowards? by cococandy(f): 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2023
It not about what I think. I know for a fact they are not being true Christians by upholding extremist beliefs.
Do non Christians know that?

As far as they know, we are one and the same.

And even some Christians who claim these people can’t be true Christians are in fact sympathetic to their cause.

MaxInDHouse:

Do you think those TERRORIZING others are REAL followers of the man who said the above?
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2023
cococandy:

Okay but it’s the same way Islamic terrorists are not Muslims. Because we generalize and call Muslims terrorists meanwhile it’s a subset of them who are that way. Our excuse being than if these people do not represent them, then they need to be more vocal in denouncing them.

Christians needs to be more vocal in denouncing Christian nationalism or non Christians are going to lump us together. For some people perception is reality. They are not Christian so they know the real teaching is Christianity but what they see Christians do is what informs their perception of what Christianity means

Ah the Muslims confirm that they are indeed terrorists see what they did to Deborah
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2023
cococandy:

It not about what I think. I know for a fact they are not being true Christians by upholding extremist beliefs.
Do non Christians know that?
As far as they know, we are one and the same.
And even some Christians who claim these people can’t be true Christians are in fact sympathetic to their cause.

My friend it's a loooong story but to cut the story short you need to know that the true God has separated His worshipers from among Satan's agents claiming Christians and He began calling His own worshipers by another group name: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!
Isaiah 65:15

So let anyone who cares to know be aware that God's people have been separated from Satan's agents therefore we are beating our swords into plowshares and our spears into farming tools we no longer participate in wars neither do we support it anymore! Isaiah 2:2-4
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by cococandy(f): 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Ah the Muslims confirm that they are indeed terrorists see what they did to Deborah

Was every Muslim in the world involved in that act?

But since they didn’t condemn as unequivocally as was expected, then understand why you feel justified to call all of them terrorists.

It’s the same way non Christians (in America) feel justified to associate Christianity with hate and violence

Thankfully some Christians in America are standing up against Christian extremism. Hopefully enough of them lend their voices

https://nationalcouncilofchurches.us/common-witness-ncc/the-dangers-of-christian-nationalism-in-the-united-states-a-policy-statement-of-the-national-council-of-churches/

The Christian nationalist movement is largely white, reflecting the long entanglement of nationalism and racism that is our collective inheritance since the earliest days of America’s colonial settlement. In white nationalism this history is sanitized, removing the sins of genocide, slavery, Jim Crow laws, and all the many ways in which racism has saturated and sustained our society, thereby removing any felt need for repentance or repair

Theologically, Christian nationalism elevates the nation, or a particular concept of the nation, to a role closely aligned with God. In its more militant forms, Christian nationalism encourages its adherents to believe they are battling the forces of darkness on all fronts, but this combative outlook actually grows out of fealty to symbols and champions unaffiliated with historic Christianity. This mindset of embattled righteousness is applied to the perceived enemies of the state (e.g., liberals, humanists, pluralists, atheists, and various minoritized communities), and true believers are directed to employ any and all means, even undemocratic and violent ones, in order to win political contests. In this quest for political power, Christian humility is lost, as is the message of God’s love for all humanity.

Christian nationalists claim a dedication to a “biblical worldview,” but their understanding of that worldview is in multiple ways contrary to the actual witness of the Bible. Where the Bible has at its core the story of a people committed to welcoming aliens and strangers because they themselves were aliens and strangers, and to defending the oppressed because they themselves were once oppressed, the Christian nationalist narrative rejects the stranger and judges the oppressed as deserving of their oppression. Where the Bible declares that all human beings are made in the image of God, American Christian nationalists regard only certain people — “advanced,” white, Christian, English-speaking — to have the full measure of God’s image. Where the Great Commandment (Mt, 22: 35-40 and parallels) enjoins us to love God with all our heart, soul, and mind, and our neighbors as ourselves, Christian nationalists choose to narrow who is considered an American, to love only certain neighbors, and to regard others as enemies to be defeated, deported, or destroyed. Where Christ affirmed that “my kingdom is not of this world” (Jn. 18:36), Christian nationalists have equated the Kingdom of God with their vision of America.

Morally, Christian nationalism gives little attention to structural issues of poverty, racism, the healing of our planet, and international peace, thereby undermining justice and causing great harm. This results in individual manifestations of Christian nationalism that negatively affect persons and communities of color. Indeed, when it is particularly identified as white Christian nationalism, it is counter to the holy, spiritual impulse of Black communities that seek healing and the acknowledgment of wholeness that have been denied them by historic, and often violent, experiences of Christian nationalism.

Many Christian nationalists have also cast their lot with conspiracy theories and falsehoods that serve to create imaginary demons and predators. They conjure plots designed to inspire their followers to aggressive and sometimes violent assaults on people of good will who hold a different perspective

Re: Are Christians Cowards? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2023
cococandy:

Was every Muslim in the world involved in that act?

In spirit they did. We all saw them give their approvals.

cococandy:

t’s the same way non Christians (in America) feel justified to associate Christianity with hate and violence

Thankfully some Christians in America are standing up against Christian extremism. Hopefully enough of them lend their voices

Its not the same as proven by the fact that muslims all over the world applaud their murderers, Christians would definitely condemn those american devils and tell the world.that they are not Christians.
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by cococandy(f): 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Its not the same as proven by the fact that muslims all over the world applaud their murderers, Christians would definitely condemn those american devils and tell the world.that they are not Christians.

Actions do in fact speak louder than words
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2023
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by ItsReal: 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2023
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
cococandy:

Actions do in fact speak louder than words

This is God's will for mankind which will be fulfilled in the midst of worshipers during the last days:

In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, And to it all the nations will stream. And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.” For law will go out of Zion, And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore. Isaiah 2:2-4

That's what Jesus' counsel should achieve as the prince of peace {Isaiah 9:6} and just as you have rightly said:

"Action speaks louder than words"

God's people (JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES) are fulfilling the quoted scripture today! smiley
Re: Are Christians Cowards? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Says the mad drug fed failure who is olosho mother rejected and threw in the dustbin. Your madness is obviously working. Useless universal failure. Gray haired at 30, died at at 30 and 2 months.
stupid son of a thousand father,ask your useless olosho pig of a mother how a you were conceive,you will understand where your stupidity originated from,mad useless pig

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A World Without God? Go Ahead, Take Your Chances / The Bible Unearthed. / Catholic Falsehoods - Limbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.