Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days (5706 Views)

Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps / 'You Have 8 Days To Leave Ilorin Or Else , Alfa Threatens Isese Worshippers / George Floyd Dies After minesota Policemen Choke Him For 8 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by FeelGoodAlways(m): 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2023
gonkin:

U don turn mark Walberg as the martian
Where he had to survive alone on mars for you over 2 years with just potatoes

Tell me more about that. Haven't heard it that before.
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by Iamsane: 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2023
LikeAking:

E go beta.

Preserve them well, they get spoilt easily.

How please?
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by FeelGoodAlways(m): 9:03pm On Aug 17, 2023
ednut1:
It is well. I wan find you small thing. But i don’t trust new accounts on nairaland 🤔

I'm very real sir if you are willing to help me.
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by FeelGoodAlways(m): 9:05pm On Aug 17, 2023
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Your survival is in BAT's hands.
Those wretched looking potatoes won't alleviate your hunger pangs.

E go better Na poor man prayer.

Take action!

Even those that voted for him are crying.

1 Like

Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by adeoyekay(m): 9:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
Enjoy your potatoes bro, it is garri that save me today
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by DKM123: 2:28am On Aug 18, 2023
Where do you people on this Nairaland always get your things so cheap and then display? How can this be #1000?

In my neck if the woods, 4-5 pieces is 500 naira.
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by Yankee101: 5:23am On Aug 18, 2023
Maybe spread that a little for some beans
If you live near a farming area, go directly to the farmers, you’ll get some veggies for really cheap
Same thing if you’re in a fishing area
The market will skin you alive cos these potatoes look expensive for northern nigeria at 1k
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by Minjim: 7:03am On Aug 18, 2023
This is small. Potato used to be the cheapest option to yam and bread in my house but recently it's prices has also gone up leaving me confused.
I used to buy #200 × 3 for #500 before. Now only the about 4 tiny ones are sold for #200. And I find the tiny ones unpleasant to eat

FeelGoodAlways:
Is it plenty for that amount or small?
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by FeelGoodAlways(m): 7:09am On Aug 18, 2023
Minjim:

This is small. Potato used to be the cheapest option to yam and bread in my house but recently it's prices has also gone up leaving me confused.
I used to buy #200 × 3 for #500 before. Now only the about 4 tiny ones are sold for #200. And I find the tiny ones unpleasant to eat

Everything has gone up in Nigeria
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:57am On Aug 18, 2023
How are you guys coping with this 20k and 40k jobs?
I'm single, and I live average life yet I spend more than 50k within 3weeks for only feeding.
Guy learn a skill nah, if you are the one that typed this post then you're too intelligent to live this kind of life

FeelGoodAlways:
While senators are sharing millions to themselves, they forgot about ordinary Nigerians who cannot feed due to economic hardship.

Upon that, they still brought "subsidy thing" to suffer ordinary Nigerians the more, making life harder by the day.

So part of my meager salary which is 20k was taken by medical emergency earlier in the month.

That has stressed me out the more on survival, leaving me with a thousand naira as of this morning.

I could have prepared soup with it but what soup can I prepare with 1k and how long can it last? Soup wasn't the best option and so I decided to go for something more avoidable.

Anyhow, potatoes dey, red oil dey, man go survive.

It's well with the souls of struggling Nigerians most who do not even have a job or are underpaid.

1 Like

Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by FeelGoodAlways(m): 8:56am On Aug 18, 2023
ednut1:
It is well. I wan find you small thing. But i don’t trust new accounts on nairaland 🤔

Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by FeelGoodAlways(m): 8:58am On Aug 18, 2023
Firstorderwizard:
How are you guys coping with this 20k and 40k jobs?
I'm single, and I live average life yet I spend more than 50k within 3weeks for only feeding.
Guy learn a skill nah, if you are the one that typed this post then you're too intelligent to live this kind of life

Thank you for that commendation. Please I'm open for advice, what skill would you advise me?
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by ghettochild(m): 9:14am On Aug 18, 2023
Better plant two or 3 in ur backyard
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by Xtdott(m): 10:55am On Aug 18, 2023
Chat me up, make I send u soup money..dm me.
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 18, 2023
Xtdott:

I just went through your insta, and I saw his you were able to bulk. Impressed, currently on my own journey, I'm skinny ASF. Started lifting weights for about 3 months, no much visible changes.
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by FeelGoodAlways(m): 11:33am On Aug 18, 2023
Xtdott:

God bless you sir. It will mean a lot to me.

305 0804462 First Bank, Monday Victor
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:35am On Aug 18, 2023
Kingosytex:

At bolded, the idiotic, unproductive, and parasitic senators are sharing millions because the masses don't care.
Elsewhere, people hold their leaders accountable.

Instead of you to go and get a land and start farming. You are lazing around.
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by FeelGoodAlways(m): 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2023
Will be updating pics here if need be
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by yommen: 12:38pm On Aug 18, 2023
FeelGoodAlways:
While senators are sharing millions to themselves, they forgot about ordinary Nigerians who cannot feed due to economic hardship.

Upon that, they still brought "subsidy thing" to suffer ordinary Nigerians the more, making life harder by the day.

So part of my meager salary which is 20k was taken by medical emergency earlier in the month.

That has stressed me out the more on survival, leaving me with a thousand naira as of this morning.

I could have prepared soup with it but what soup can I prepare with 1k and how long can it last? Soup wasn't the best option and so I decided to go for something more avoidable.

It's well with the souls of struggling Nigerians most who do not even have a job or are underpaid.

Sincerely this potato is not more than N500 in Sabo Ikorodu. My wife and I can't even finish N500 worth of potato at once. The quantity inside the nylon is just about N200 here. Dunno where you live though. It could be more expensive there. I will 1k worth and post. I buy N200 in 3 places for N500.

1 Like

Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by seborrhic: 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2023
FeelGoodAlways:

We can't do anything. We are too docile including myself. Because if I am not docile like other Nigerians, I should even do a one-man protest against what is going on in government.
You hit the nail on the head.
In a country of about 200million,in one fell swoop Tinubu has taken at least 50million into extreme poverty,asides the earlier millions Buhari did during his cursed 8 years.
In just 3 months a man took about 50 million to the brink of abject poverty and survival,yet not one single person out of this lot could undertake a radical protest that can call attention to his/her plight.
In Tunisia with an entire population not up to 50 million,it was just increase in price of bread or so that may just have affected 2 or 5 million previously struggling people that made a boy to set himself on fire in front of the government building and hence started the Arab Spring.
We are not ready and suffering will thus continue because no matter what rubbish the goverment throws at Nigerians,they are too cowardly to react.
I always use the example of the US,perhaps the most capitalist of Nations on mother earth:if fuel price increases by 300 whooping % in one fell swoop,the entire US will burn despite how far better off they are!Then you will see the same USA and IMF that are telling African countries that subsidy and price control are bad economic policies,rushing and encouraging subsidization of that same product and they will then give the excuse that such increase,asides from causing social upheavals,is suddenly not good for the same free market economy because it will lead to loss of jobs,contraction of the economy,inflation etc and all the other jargons they hypocritically are telling Nigeria that fuel price increase will benefit,yet for them it suddenly would no longer benefit them!!

1 Like

Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by lebienconnu: 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2023
FeelGoodAlways:

I could have prepared soup with it but what soup can I prepare with 1k and how long can it last? Soup wasn't the best option and so I decided to go for something more affordable.

When the going gets tough, they say, only the tough get going. Let us keep going. I strongly believe that very soon these hard times will become history.
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by FeelGoodAlways(m): 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2023
lebienconnu:

When the going gets tough, they say, only the tough get going. Let us keep going. I strongly believe that very soon these hard times will become history.

Thank you for the encouraging words

1 Like

Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by FeelGoodAlways(m): 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2023
Day 2 of survival on potatoes.

2 Likes

Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by Garrieveryday: 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2023
Eating potato with red oil is not bad, because most of us eat it regularly even till tomorrow. My father was a yam farmer. So we eat a lot of yam with red oil like I like even till date. Just that you are eating extensively for days which is not supposed to be so.
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by ablejesus26(m): 5:31pm On Aug 18, 2023
Op better chop your thing kia kia oo before na only 5 pieces go remain wey still good,those potatoes look quite ripped already,na spoil remain so.
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by FeelGoodAlways(m): 8:41pm On Aug 18, 2023
ablejesus26:
Op better chop your thing kia kia oo before na only 5 pieces go remain wey still good,those potatoes look quite ripped already,na spoil remain so.

I'm enjoying it but God bless some good hearted Nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by ablejesus26(m): 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2023
FeelGoodAlways:

I'm enjoying it but God bless some good hearted Nairalanders.

If them pay You this month salary stop the work,look for something to do with ya self.

E pay You make You dey fry Akara and bread ,or pofpof dan this 20k job wey you dey do.
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by FeelGoodAlways(m): 10:24pm On Aug 19, 2023
ablejesus26:

If them pay You this month salary stop the work,look for something to do with ya self.

E pay You make You dey fry Akara and bread ,or pofpof dan this 20k job wey you dey do.

Thank you for the advice.

Meanwhile, I cooked soup today. God bless some nairalanders here.
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by Metrofox(m): 4:25am On Aug 20, 2023
Greatzeus:

Enjoy brother,some are multi millionaires but can't eat despite spending millions on drugs. You are rich is you're healthy.

These are the things Nigerians say to help them sleep better at night SMH... grin grin stay docile folks
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by Difrent: 4:29am On Aug 20, 2023
Kingosytex:

At bolded, the idiotic, unproductive, and parasitic senators are sharing millions because the masses don't care.
Elsewhere, people hold their leaders accountable.

Remind me again
Did labour party senatore reject the #2million naira sent to them by Akpabio?

How then is ELU PEE different from APCPDP.....

Yeye dey smell.

Nigeria really dodge a bullet with these shady labourers in vain...... Ashawos wey change location begin form virgin

1 Like

Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by Metrofox(m): 4:42am On Aug 20, 2023
seborrhic:

You hit the nail on the head.
In a country of about 200million,in one fell swoop Tinubu has taken at least 50million into extreme poverty,asides the earlier millions Buhari did during his cursed 8 years.
In just 3 months a man took about 50 million to the brink of abject poverty and survival,yet not one single person out of this lot could undertake a radical protest that can call attention to his/her plight.
In Tunisia with an entire population not up to 50 million,it was just increase in price of bread or so that may just have affected 2 or 5 million previously struggling people that made a boy to set himself on fire in front of the government building and hence started the Arab Spring.
We are not ready and suffering will thus continue because no matter what rubbish the goverment throws at Nigerians,they are too cowardly to react.
I always use the example of the US,perhaps the most capitalist of Nations on mother earth:if fuel price increases by 300 whooping % in one fell swoop,the entire US will burn despite how far better off they are!Then you will see the same USA and IMF that are telling African countries that subsidy and price control are bad economic policies,rushing and encouraging subsidization of that same product and they will then give the excuse that such increase,asides from causing social upheavals,is suddenly not good for the same free market economy because it will lead to loss of jobs,contraction of the economy,inflation etc and all the other jargons they hypocritically are telling Nigeria that fuel price increase will benefit,yet for them it suddenly would no longer benefit them!!

At least 60% of Nigerians suffer from Stockholm syndrome, 30% are already in a state of learned helplessness only about 15% percent are actively awake and struggling to break their chains and out of those 15% awake , those educated and relentless ones are outnumbered by the uneducated. It's a losing game for Nigeria sadly, poverty has been weaponized and its not worth it , you are outnumbered by weak, docile and helpless people. Only a miracle can save us at this time but alas hope is not a strategy and religion is the opium of the masses.
Re: See N1000 Potatoes I'm To Survive On For 8 Days by Kingosytex(m): 5:20am On Aug 20, 2023
Difrent:

Remind me again
Did labour party senatore reject the #2million naira sent to them by Akpabio?

How then is ELU PEE different from APCPDP.....

Yeye dey smell.

Nigeria really dodge a bullet with these shady labourers in vain...... Ashawos wey change location begin form virgin

Are LP senators not part of the unproductive bunch?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mko Abiola's Son Kicked Out Of Acn / Lagos Roads Get Flooded Again! / In Tears! Who Hasn't Heard About This Thing Going On In China & Taiwan? Terrible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.