Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,704 members, 7,831,208 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. (20592 Views)

Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations / Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year / C. Ronaldo Wins UEFA Men's Player Of The Year, Thanks Teammates On Instagram Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by BALLOSKI: 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2023
Bacteria8:
Highest goal scorer in PSG
Highest goal scorer in France
Highest goal scorer in the World Cup

But he's not fit enough for top 3

However, his team mate who ghosted all season is among the top 3

Lol grin grin grin

I stopped taking awards like this seriously since 2017. It is all a shitshow of off-the-pitch politics.
How's messi on the list? This thing is rigged. Osimhen deserves to be here then.

They should allow fans to vote and not coaches. They're biased.
Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by Agbeyangi1: 10:08pm On Aug 17, 2023
Ronaldo don make the list because he is now in Saudi.
Religion bias
Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by starryeshin(m): 1:05am On Aug 18, 2023
[quote author=Almiron post=125173651]2022/23 UEFA Men's Player of the Year nominees*

Kevin De Bruyne (Belgium & Manchester City)
Erling Haaland (Norway & Manchester City)
Lionel Messi (Argentina & Paris, Inter Miami)
🐐

*Listed in alphabetical order

The award winner will be announced at the 2023/24 UEFA Champions League group stage draw ceremony, which will take place on Thursday 31 August at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco.

How was the shortlist selected?

The initial shortlist of players was selected by the UEFA technical study group based on their performance during the 2022/23 season at both club and national team level.

The top three nominees were then voted for by a jury composed of the coaches of the clubs which played in the group stages of the 2022/23 UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Europa Conference League, together with the coaches of the men's national teams of UEFA's member associations. A group of journalists selected by the European Sports Media (ESM) were also part of the jury.

Coaches and journalists were asked to select their top three players from the shortlist by allocating them five points, three points and one point respectively. The final result was based on the total number of votes cast by the coaches and journalists. The coaches were not allowed to vote for players from their own team.

The rest of the players who received votes

4 İlkay Gündoğan (Germany & Manchester City, now at Barcelona) – 129 points
5 Rodri (Spain & Manchester City) – 110 points
6 Kylian Mbappé (France & Paris) – 82 points
7 Luka Modrić (Croatia & Real Madrid) – 33 points
8 Marcelo Brozović (Croatia & Inter, now at Al Nassr) – 20 points
9 Declan Rice (England & West Ham, now at Arsenal) – 14 points
10 Alexis Mac Allister (Argentina & Brighton, now at Liverpool) – 12 points
11 Jesús Navas (Spain & Sevilla) – 6 points

Source

G.O.A.T
Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by 3xleague: 2:23am On Aug 18, 2023
DO YOU PLAY Fantasy League football and you are in Nigeria?
DO YOU WANT a chance to win NGN2500 weekly for topping 3X Football League?
Join League with the link below:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-j

Follow
@BoloLeague on Twitter.

Retweet & Put on Notifications for weekly winner announcements.

Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by teebagy: 3:12am On Aug 18, 2023
Funflipper:

It is about performance. Mbape performed way more than messi last season in all competitions including the fraudulent world cup that messi won.
Did u watch d final?. Apart from goals what did mbape do. Do u know that griezmann was d engine room in france.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by teebagy: 3:16am On Aug 18, 2023
Beverlyjean:

It's now confirmed that u Messi fans have some sort of mental illness ... so Nigeria that they give Eritrea or England that gets Cyprus or Germany that usually gets Andorra or Italy that gets Macedonia or Spain that usually gets Armenia...abi France that plays Georgia.... so other nations only get tough teams apart from Portugal??

Now below shows who other nations are playing in Europe... so y point out only portugal??
U are truly daft. U were comparing messi to ronaldo that messi is been favoured now i showed u facts abt portugal now u are complaning like a 15yrs old virgin. Did u bring up the fact that other players are favoured apart from messi?. Smh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by TheSuperX(m): 5:09am On Aug 18, 2023
Almiron:
ogun kee your miserable father na stray dogs go chop his corpse
Are you this foolish? read my post again before you disgrace your lineages, it obvious you lack comprehension skills.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by OJEEMAH(m): 5:56am On Aug 18, 2023
Funflipper:

Of course I did.
did you miss the part where they said all competitions including World Cup, UCL, league and Cup competitions?

Haaland and KDB were UCL, EPL & FA cup champions
Haaland was UC

Messi won World Cup and French league

Some people mentioned Mbappe. They seem to have forgotten his goals didn’t win France the World Cup neither did it win UCL for PSG.

It’s not just about scoring goals neither is it about winning trophies. Alvarez won WC, UCL, EPL & FA cup

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by Beverlyjean(f): 8:28am On Aug 18, 2023
teebagy:
U are truly daft. U were comparing messi to ronaldo that messi is been favoured now i showed u facts abt portugal now u are complaning like a 15yrs old virgin. Did u bring up the fact that other players are favoured apart from messi?. Smh.

U are even dumber than I tot, even though its not uncommon by Messi minions ... u said portugal is favoured ... I debunked ur liessss .... ur stupidity is hereditary
Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by candygist: 8:32am On Aug 18, 2023
Bacteria8:

Lol grin grin grin

I stopped taking awards like this seriously since 2017. It is all a shitshow of off-the-pitch politics.

Highest goal scorer in PSG is club and France is national team nd you want that to be used for award nomination, you mumu o.
Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by phemmyfour: 8:59am On Aug 18, 2023
TinubuThief:
Great of all time!!!

We all know who will carry the day

And the other one is busy wasting and languishing in asalama alekum walahi talahi camel football club . What a pity!
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by Funflipper: 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2023
OJEEMAH:
did you miss the part where they said all competitions including World Cup, UCL, league and Cup competitions?

Haaland and KDB were UCL, EPL & FA cup champions
Haaland was UC

Messi won World Cup and French league

Some people mentioned Mbappe. They seem to have forgotten his goals didn’t win France the World Cup neither did it win UCL for PSG.

It’s not just about scoring goals neither is it about winning trophies. Alvarez won WC, UCL, EPL & FA cup

If Mbape wasn't black, he would have made that list. This didn't start today, it has been going on for decades. They call it politics but I call it fraud.
Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by OJEEMAH(m): 1:28pm On Aug 18, 2023
Funflipper:

If Mbape wasn't black, he would have made that list. This didn't start today, it has been going on for decades. They call it politics but I call it fraud.
Mane is white?
How about Salah, Eto and even George Weah??
Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by Livelystone01: 1:50pm On Aug 18, 2023
Crystalom37:
doesn't matter..
Oh ok.
You know if I don't want you to just build the site but to also be the a staff working with the firm?
Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by Fearyourcreator: 2:42pm On Aug 18, 2023
Almiron:
UEFA Men's Player of the Year Criteria

Messi don win this already

He is gonna win ballon d’or later
You go explain tire.. olojoro
Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by Fearyourcreator: 2:44pm On Aug 18, 2023
Bacteria8:

Lol grin grin grin

It's since 2010 for me

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by Crystalom38: 9:18am On Aug 19, 2023
Livelystone01:

Oh ok.
You know if I don't want you to just build the site but to also be the a staff working with the firm?

I don't think that will be possible though. I only freelance
Re: Lionel Messi Has Been Nominated For The UEFA Men's Player Of The Year. by Mrice22: 8:59am On Oct 14, 2023
TheSuperX:
The aba made bend down select desert league cup was given to him just to compensate him. 😂😂😂😂
😆 😆

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Ends Commonwealth Games With 24 Medals / Kierian Tierney Breaks Arsenal Jump Record Despite Injury / Kathryn Mayorga: US Judge Dismisses Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Lawsuit In Las Vegas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.