Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? (14819 Views)

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance / Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Emmagency4real: 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
Preach the anti marriage bullshit to yourself and stop dragging people into it.
If you wish to be a monk please do but stop explaining yourself to people, no one cares.

I would love you to read the content therein before you jump into conclusions, he writer never said you shouldn’t do marriage he only advice agents frivolously spending in marriage. Some are still paying the debt incurred on marriage ceremonies without the family involved
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by MrHighSea: 1:49pm On Aug 18, 2023
wrongman665:
and his wife sidon at home nothing concern am. Marriage only favour women, no one would decieve me to go into it.
lol
na your heart go deceive you

1 Like

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by obamat: 1:50pm On Aug 18, 2023
you are entitle to your own opinion
fineboynl:
If any family is compelling you to spend the money you do not have unnecessary for a marriage ceremony. And they tell you marriage is just for once just borrow to spend it once and for all do not obliged because it's a scam.

There is nothing like once and for all in any marriage, and for a family who wanted the ceremony as they so desired yet not making the provision from their pocket but compelling you to do so that's it's just once and for all.

I can assure you that It won't be long before you start noticing it's nothing but a scam. Marriage is a continues spending with everything attached to it and if you are not prepared it means you are not ready yet.

You will soon start shouldering that family responsibilities when your wife putting pressure on you to help her family here and there..

There are some family that when they heard about marriage thry believe you have arrived. After all na who get money de do marriage. And the bigger you make that ceremony look the more the expectations and attention you will end up drawing to yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by tegadoxa(m): 1:56pm On Aug 18, 2023
[quote author=IconicR post=125184128]Preach the anti marriage bullshit to yourself and stop dragging people into it.
If you wish to be a monk please do but stop explaining yourself to people, no one cares.[this person go dull real life]
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by geokay777(m): 1:57pm On Aug 18, 2023
fineboynl:
If any family is compelling you to spend the money you do not have unnecessary for a marriage ceremony. And they tell you marriage is just for once just borrow to spend it once and for all do not obliged because it's a scam.

There is nothing like once and for all in any marriage, and for a family who wanted the ceremony as they so desired yet not making the provision from their pocket but compelling you to do so that's it's just once and for all.

I can assure you that It won't be long before you start noticing it's nothing but a scam. Marriage is a continues spending with everything attached to it and if you are not prepared it means you are not ready yet.

You will soon start shouldering that family responsibilities when your wife putting pressure on you to help her family here and there..

There are some family that when they heard about marriage thry believe you have arrived. After all na who get money de do marriage. And the bigger you make that ceremony look the more the expectations and attention you will end up drawing to yourself.
You meant to say WEDDING

1 Like

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by RevenuesBoost(f): 1:59pm On Aug 18, 2023
fineboynl:

It's wrong to get a loan for a marriage ceremony.

Celebrate your marriage the simple way you can and if the bride's family wants you to spend too much, that's when you make your choice to stay or leave.
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 2:07pm On Aug 18, 2023
Kingosytex:

You never read the article but rushed to comment trash as usual. Where on earth did the Op preach against marriage? 😂
'When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent' __Isaac Asimov
Damn!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by akaahs(m): 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
fineboynl:

This opp is confused.
Ur title is marriage, u went ahead to discuss wedding. Know the difference

1 Like

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Prince111111: 2:27pm On Aug 18, 2023
Kingosytex:

You never read the article but rushed to comment trash as usual. Where on earth did the Op preach against marriage? 😂
'When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent' __Isaac Asimov
He must be a Tinubu follower🤗
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by BlackyOne: 2:27pm On Aug 18, 2023
It is created to be just for once but since your hearts became hardened, wicked, selfish, devilish etc. these eternal values of marriage became corrupted and trivial
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by noobody(m): 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2023
fineboynl:

Edit topic title,wedding ceremony.

Marriage is the union forever for better,for worst.

Wedding ceremony is the event/party.
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by RealEmilokan: 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2023
Same way people who didn't go to school will say school is a scam.

And Yahoo boys will say hardwork is a scam.

1 Like

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by staga: 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2023
fineboynl:

Marriage is not for immature minds.

1 Like

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by EdmundOtu: 2:37pm On Aug 18, 2023
Lol, let them know
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Jman06(m): 2:39pm On Aug 18, 2023
Nonsense and marriage!!!

Until the day anybody would give me one tangible benefit of marriage to a man, I'll continue to see that institution as a scam against the menfolk.

Many men getting married these days are doing that just to meet societal expectations. Nothing more!

2 Likes

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by bdon123(m): 2:41pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
Preach the anti marriage bullshit to yourself and stop dragging people into it.
If you wish to be a monk please do but stop explaining yourself to people, no one cares.
I care
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by fkj950ax(m): 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2023
Kingosytex:

The OP is disingenuous. Yes the piece is not against marriage, but the Topic is misleading, and so is the style the entire opinion piece was written. And this is a practice commonly used by the Team No-Marriage or Team Child-Free.
And it was intentional.
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by winner37(m): 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2023
Some people don't know this ....

I can only run on what my breath could carry no body can forced me to Skip my boundaries...

1 Like

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by safetyInspector(m): 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2023
You missed the point.
Nice2023:
ARE U MARRIED?
As if single life is the ultimate.

Anyone who is financially ready and mature should marry,but don't marry someone that is not working nor a woman that is not doing anything.

But in all,marriage is sweet. I have never regretted ever being married.
This is my 8years in marriage and I have not looked back.

And for those who wants to marry soonest,take note that love alone isn't enough to sustain that marriage but hard work and perseverance is key.
Among all,money is the first priority without it sustaining a home would be tough.

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by ednut1(m): 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2023
Many married people are i know dey my Facebook begging me for money. They mostly did big weddings. In this day and age. Just carry your wife to court. Everything no go cost up to 100k. Be wise
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Saladdin: 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2023
ednut1:
Many married people are i know dey my Facebook begging me for money. They mostly did big weddings. In this day and age. Just carry your wife to court. Everything no go cost up to 100k. Be wise

I dey tell you sir. Exactly what you said was what a friend of mine did. One blissful evening, he carried his bride to court. Just few witnesses, and boom he's married.

Except you're very boxed, one should not even pressure himself for anybody.

1 Like

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by poweredcom(m): 3:14pm On Aug 18, 2023
Are todays Nigerian girl marriageable

2 Likes

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Spiff20(m): 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2023
It's the wedding that's for once not the marriage. So make it loud because you won't be doing it again. Birthdays, anniversaries and stuff are yearly, but wedding is once.
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Entanglement: 3:27pm On Aug 18, 2023
If she is not a virgin, don't bother spending huge sums of money!
You shouldn't even spend more than 50k for someone who is not a Virgin

Why pay huge money for second hand product undecided
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Lastanza: 3:37pm On Aug 18, 2023
Nice2023:
ARE U MARRIED?
As if single life is the ultimate.

Anyone who is financially ready and mature should marry,but don't marry someone that is not working nor a woman that is not doing anything.

But in all,marriage is sweet. I have never regretted ever being married.
This is my 8years in marriage and I have not looked back.
And what is the difference between what he said and your last paragraph

And for those who wants to marry soonest,take note that love alone isn't enough to sustain that marriage but hard work and perseverance is key.
Among all,money is the first priority without it sustaining a home would be tough.

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by jumper524(m): 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2023
fineboynl:

I've a friend who just got married.
He earns over 150k as a family man with no kids yet, dude has agreed not to have kid with that income.
He says he spends atleast 3k a day for house feeding of his wife and kid Bro who stays with them.
He literally has enough to save.
Man dey wonder the challenge with having kids with that migre salary to go to prolivate school and buy medical bills.

2 Likes

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by attat(m): 3:49pm On Aug 18, 2023
Yet una fall for tinubu
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Hussein035: 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2023
MrsTwrite:
I have someone who borrowed 5million naira to do a huge wedding ceremony. He's currently frustrated, going from one friends house, aunt's, uncle's to beg from them.

Big marriage ceremony is not a do or die affair because at the end of the ceremony, it's just you and your wife.

I am not ready to borrow because of marriage and if will do it will be 20-50k max which I can pay within a month or two

Peace of mind is very crucial

3 Likes

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by InvertedHammer: 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2023
fineboynl:

/
Marriage used to be for love.

Trust Oyibo and their ingenuity, they turned it into an industry.

First, government turned it into a contract--easy to get in, difficult to get out.

Secondly, wedding became a commercial enterprise. From wedding gowns, engagement rings, weddings , reception, venue, etc. It is a gift that keeps giving

Third, the divorce industry boomed. They changed the law to incorporate "irreconcilable differences" and "no fault divorce". Divorce industry boomed. It is not out of order to see billboards for divorce lawyers in developed world soliciting for divorces, promising good returns and giving discounts. Some law courts in developed nations help petitioners offset the cost of divorce if they can't afford it.

Then the investment industry came in--huge wealth transfer with commissions. Alimony, child support, etc are pile of funds up for grabs.

Do you wanna get married 20 times? The government doesn't care. They will sign your certificate knowing that you will be gutted life during divorce.

Marriage is awesome for a man in Nigeria. But if you live in a developed world, better watch out. It ain't got nothing to do with love anymore. This is 2023/24.

/

3 Likes

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by 1Sharon(f): 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2023
ednut1:

I find it so strange that a couple can ask a single person for money. Don't they feel ashamed.

1 Like

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by emmygod: 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2023
Love is an illusion. It doesn't exist between man and woman. It can exists between parents and thier children expecially the mother and child. Telling a woman you love her or vice versa is a scam. It is impossible for a child to curse his or her parents but very easy for a wife to curse her husband or even kill him. Lust and infatuation have made many regretting there marriage thinking is love. I pity men who love because women only pretend to love when the pocket of a man is fat.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Am Gradually Loosing It / Modern Marriages Vs Oldern Days(those Days) Marriages, Which Do U Prefer & Why? / Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.