Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? (14837 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by ednut1(m): 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2023
1Sharon:

I find it so strange that a couple can ask a single person for money. Don't they feel ashamed.
hardship has no shame
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Onota: 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
Preach the anti marriage bullshit to yourself and stop dragging people into it.
If you wish to be a monk please do but stop explaining yourself to people, no one cares.

Reading and comprehension are actually difficult!
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2023
wrongman665:
and his wife sidon at home nothing concern am. Marriage only favour women, no one would decieve me to go into it.
No bro. It’s good to go into marriage with your sense intact.
Myself for instance, my marriage in 2015 cost me only just less than 100k excluding all the many many things the family requested which cost me about 250k.
We did cook any food, we just shared soft drinks in my wife father’s parlor. As a person, I find it difficult to request anything from anybody. So at that point in time I did that wedding rights in line with my pocket.
Secondly, I’m naturally not too sociable, and don’t like crowds as much. Last month my wife gave birth and I did naming rights, but there was no naming ‘ceremony’, even though I have enough money to do it. Although my wife was angry but I didn’t care how she felt after all it’s my money

4 Likes

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by MoneySavannah: 5:04pm On Aug 18, 2023
True one
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2023
AZControversial:
undecided

Some people clearly didn't read what OP wrote.
Not some people, but most of the people here didn’t read it.
It is really sad.

1 Like

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2023
You must be a LGBT, we're you not raise in a family?
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2023
You must be a LGBT, were you not raise in a family?
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by 1Sharon(f): 5:58pm On Aug 18, 2023
ednut1:
hardship has no shame

The people they are asking money are also going through the same hardship in Nigeria.

It's selfish.
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by obrian888: 5:58pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
If you wish to be a monk please do but stop explaining yourself to people, no one cares.

please try and read and understand oga, the comments is an advice to intending married people, they shouldn't let people trick them into spending all their life savings to organize a marriage with the lie that it is only once in a life time event. after marriage there is so much to spend and it is a continuous spending till death do them apart, that is what the person is saying.

1 Like

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by porthouse7(f): 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
marriage is overrated, if u are a guy and u are not married yet please stay away from it, or wait till u are 55 or 50 and that's for companion sake
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by porthouse7(f): 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2023
IPDGP:
My wedding will be parlor type and strictly by invitation.
Na naming ceremony I plan to spend on lavishly cause na big cow my parent kill for my naming
don't marry, marriage if a trap for men, do so when u are in Ur 50s
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Sjay86: 7:26pm On Aug 18, 2023
The poster is correct.Why are you attacking him.That is his view.Spemding huge money on wedding ceremony does not quarantee the success of the marriage.I personally believe in low key stuff.I told my girl i will not do large wedding and she insit i I must and before u know the relationship turn sour as we no more.
Any lady who is not ready for low key wedding should remain in their fathers house
Me no dey beg any lady ooo

1 Like

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Sjay86: 7:34pm On Aug 18, 2023
Do your wedding moderately pls.Nobody should force u into what you have not plan for.
What is the wisdom there after spending huge money on wedding and you return home drinking garri.
Any lady that need large wedding should bring money..
But if you have the means you can do large wedding.
But is this important?
Is it a ticket for love?
Is this a ticket for respect?
Be wise!
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by MrsTwrite(f): 8:01pm On Aug 18, 2023
Hussein035:

I am not ready to borrow because of marriage and if will do it will be 20-50k max which I can pay within a month or two

Peace of mind is very crucial

😂🤣 You have spoken very well sire.
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Edusouls(m): 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
he said the truth, so stop fooling
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by donbenie(m): 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
Shut up.
At least try and read before spewing thrash.
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 18, 2023
donbenie:
Shut up.
At least try and read before spewing thrash.

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by IamHonourable1: 9:52pm On Aug 18, 2023
wrongman665:
and his wife sidon at home nothing concern am. Marriage only favour women, no one would decieve me to go into it.
My brother don't do any wedding o, just find someone to give birth to your children and that one would even save you a lot of money
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by wrongman665(m): 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2023
IamHonourable1:

My brother don't do any wedding o, just find someone to give birth to your children and that one would even save you a lot of money
you gat sense.
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 19, 2023
fineboynl:
If any family is compelling you to spend the money you do not have unnecessary for a marriage ceremony. And they tell you marriage is just for once just borrow to spend it once and for all do not obliged because it's a scam.

There is nothing like once and for all in any marriage, and for a family who wanted the ceremony as they so desired yet not making the provision from their pocket but compelling you to do so that's it's just once and for all.

I can assure you that It won't be long before you start noticing it's nothing but a scam. Marriage is a continues spending with everything attached to it and if you are not prepared it means you are not ready yet.

You will soon start shouldering that family responsibilities when your wife putting pressure on you to help her family here and there..

There are some family that when they heard about marriage thry believe you have arrived. After all na who get money de do marriage. And the bigger you make that ceremony look the more the expectations and attention you will end up drawing to yourself.

I agree with your points.
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by nedekid: 1:21am On Aug 19, 2023
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by nedekid: 1:30am On Aug 19, 2023
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by IPDGP: 6:12am On Aug 19, 2023
porthouse7:
don't marry, marriage if a trap for men, do so when u are in Ur 50s

I guess u probably 50 or waiting for that age to get married.
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by porthouse7(f): 7:16am On Aug 19, 2023
IPDGP:

I guess u probably 50 or waiting for that age to get married.
waiting to be 50, marriage is fraud, having baby is ok
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Frankaka8(m): 7:23am On Aug 19, 2023
spiSeyi:
Just because you don't know how to maintain a vehicle doesn't make the vehicle model bad. Honda is bad yet it's a good car for those that can maintain it. Just because you failed in your marriage doesn't make marriage a scam. *People who conclude that marriage is a scam are those that allow emotions to becloud their sense of reasoning by chosing to ignore the red flags during courtship* tongue . I repeat Marriage is not a scam and it is the best institution in life if you enter it logically and with Godly principle. Read Waiting & Dating by Myles munroe cool
i fell fpr this.

1 Like

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Epinigirls: 8:28am On Aug 19, 2023
IPDGP:
Na naming ceremony I plan to spend on lavishly cause na big cow my parent kill for my naming

Were you born 4 months ago?
How much was big cow 🐄 when your parents bought for your naming ceremony?

Oga leave big party oh!
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Epinigirls: 8:32am On Aug 19, 2023
ai9090:
Hmm all is well

I want to sell my LG Side By Side GC-B207WVQ Refrigerator
Pictures
Amount
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by IPDGP: 9:37am On Aug 19, 2023
Epinigirls:

Were you born 4 months ago?
How much was big cow 🐄 when your parents bought for your naming ceremony?

Oga leave big party oh!

Boss we will never be poor

1 Like

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Afolashade00(f): 11:25am On Aug 19, 2023
IPDGP:

Lol, can’t stop laughing.
I can relate with the big cow thing, Inshort you can kill two, you can do better 😂
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by millionboi2: 11:28am On Aug 19, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
My marriage will not be an expensive one......

Very low key marriage.....

If she no gree to my terms and conditions,then make she go undecided

simple

My own marriage was very simple,I no send anybody
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Ruuchiinaa: 12:09pm On Aug 19, 2023
What tribe/state in Nigeria have the highest bride price?

phemmyfour:
Even bride price

A lady was shouting here the other day that the husband has changed towards her cos he collected loan to pay a scandalous bride price in the name of "you only pay once"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Am Gradually Loosing It / Omg / Meet The First Baby Born In 2015 In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.